Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,686 members, 7,820,393 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:08 PM

To Fight Temptations - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / To Fight Temptations (452 Views)

Are This Even Temptations?? / 7 Tips On How To Overcome Temptations & Addicted Sins. Part 2 / 7 Tips On How To Overcome Temptations & Addicted Sins. Part 1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

To Fight Temptations by PRINCESSO2: 2:16pm On Nov 28, 2015
USING THE WORD OF GOD TO RESIST TEMPTATION
Psalm 119:11-Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.
We need to hid the word of God in our heart so we might not sin
John 17:17-Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth
The word of God can sanctify us.
1 Samuel 2:9-He will keep the feet of his saints, and the wicked shall be silent in darkness; for by strength shall no man prevail.
We need God help to succeed in our race to heaven
Matthew 4:3-4 -And when the tempter came to him, he said, If thou be the Son of God, command that these stones be made bread. But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of GOD.
We need to live by not just bread, but by the word of God.
We can resist the devil with the word of God as Lord Jesus did.
James 4: 7 Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. 8Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you
Matthew 4- 5-7
Then the devil taketh him up into the holy city, and setteth him on a pinnacle of the temple. And saith unto him, if thou be the Son of God, cast thyself down: for it is written,He shall give his angels charge concerning thee: and in their hands they shall bear thee up,lest at any time thou dash thy foot against a stone. Jesus said unto him,It is written again, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy GOD
So be careful not to let the devil trick you like he tried to deceive Jesus using the word of God.
Note that he may try to confuse you.2 Corinthians 2:11-Lest Satan should get an advantage of us:for we are not ignorant of his devices.
Proverbs 4:7- Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding.
Hebrews 4:12- For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.13 Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in his sight:but all things are unclad and opened unto the eyes of him with whom we have to do.
Ephesians 6:17: And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God
SO, WE RELY ON GOD WORD TO RESIST TEMPTATION.
Even Paul also relied on the Word of God in the bible.
Acts 23: 5 Then said Paul, I wist not, brethren, that he was the high priest: for it is written, Thou shalt not speak evil of the ruler of thy people.

If you are tempted by pride you may resist with- James 4:6 But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble.
If you are tempted by anger you may resist with- James 1:19 Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath: 20 For the wrath of man worketh not the righteousness of God.
If you are tempted not to forgive you can say – Matthew 6:15- But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your father forgive your trespasses.
If you are tempted by fear you may resist with - 2 Timothy 1:7- For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind
If you are tempted with envy or stife say- James 3:16- For where envying and strife is, there is confusion and every evil work.
And if you are tempter by evil say- Luke 10- Matthew 22- 37Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. 38This is the first and great commandment. 39And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. 40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.
And you can also bind any evil spirit especially if more than one evil spirit is coming after you and loose anything you want-Matthew 18:18-Verily I say unto you,Whatsoever ye shall bind on earth shall be bound in heaven:and whatsoever ye shall loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.
If you are under attack from the enemy you can say- Luke 10:19 Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.
If Satan tries to make you doubt Christianity say- JOHN 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
If you are tempted not to pray tell yourself- 1 Thessalonians 5:17- Pray without ceasing.
And if you are tempted with worry-it is written- Philippians 4:6-Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.
I believe you can pray when you are tempted by any temptation at all eg anger or bitterness or fear and pray when you face any danger. It helps if you pray good prayers for other people when you feel anything bad like hatred or bitterness towards them or they have any need. Matthew 5:44-But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you,do good to them that hate you,and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;
If you are tempted in any way, you can praise God.PSALM 22:3- But thou are holy,O thou that inhabitest the praises of Isreal. 2 PETER 2:9-The Lord knoweth how to deliver the godly out of temptation,and to reserve the unjust unto the day of judgment to be punished.
I even watched on TV a boy who was kidnapped and he sang a Christian song and he was let go by the kidnapper . Remember Paul and Silas.
And if you are tempted not to work say-it is written-2 Thessalonians 3:10-For even when we were with you, this we commanded you, that if any would not work, neither should he eat.

If you are tempted to eat excess food or any other thing in excess-Philippians 4:5-Let your moderation be known unto all men. The Lord is at hand
If you are tempted to sin say - Hebrews 10-26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,
If you are tempted by things of the world,like to take a bribe or cheat in an exam say- Mark 8:36- For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?
If you are tempted to serve money say- Matthew 6:24- No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.
Hebrews 13:8- Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and today, and forever.
So if you need help just like in the past remember he said- Luke 18:42 - And Jesus said unto him, Receive thy sight: thy faith hath saved thee.
And if you are troubled by evil thoughts-Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.
If you are tempted not to listen to God word say- Romans 10:17- So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
Because- Hebrews 11:6- But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.
If you are tempted by lust say to yourself like Jesus did- Matthew 5:28- But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.
If you are tempted by sexual immorality say- 1 Corinthians 6:18 Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body; but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body.
If you are lacking confidence- Philippians 4:13- I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.
To do God will- James 1:22 But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.
And also when Satan tries to tempt you with worry,or depression or bad feelings like suicidal thoughts you can do this instead- 1 Thessalonians 5:18- In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.
If you need God to listen to you recall- The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise.
So you can say-Psalm 51- 10 Create in me a clean heart,O God : and renew a right spirit within me.
And don’t forget to say - 1 Peter 5:8- Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour.
DO YOU KNOW THAT- I Corinthians 10:13-There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man:but God is faithful,who will not suffer you to be tempted above that you are able;but will with the temptation also make a way to escape,that ye may be able to bear it.
And when you are tempted remember- James 1- 13Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man: 14But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed. 15Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.
But you can say- James 1:12- Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him.
2 Timothy 3:16- All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
And please don’t neglect to tell everyone you can about this to help them to resist temptation like you have cause- Romans 14:12- So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God.
Know that- Ephesians 5:25- 25Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it; 26That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word, 27That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.
But you should know that the Bible says that- Romans 9:16- So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.
Matthew 5:7- Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy.
This means that we should be merciful so that we can obtain mercy.
And remember not to-Ephesians 4:27-Neither give place to the devil.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

PHOTOS: Pope Francis Meets With The Idps In CAR / Where Did They Come From? / Mary Did You Know...?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.