Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,725 members, 7,827,634 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:34 PM

Evidence That Nigerian Rich Do Not Tribalize, Only Poor And Internet Warriors Do - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Evidence That Nigerian Rich Do Not Tribalize, Only Poor And Internet Warriors Do (2821 Views)

OBJ Fights Back: Unleashes His Internet Warriors Against PMB. / A Word Of Advice To All "Igbo Internet Warriors". / Nigerian Politicians Employ Internet Warriors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Evidence That Nigerian Rich Do Not Tribalize, Only Poor And Internet Warriors Do by Afaukwu: 5:26am On May 27, 2009
All hail Ikeoha Ndigbo
, Orlu agog as Ekweremadu takes title
From PETRUS OBI and VAL OKARA, Owerri
Wednesday, May 27, 2009

•Ekweremadu being congratulated by the representative of the Sultan of Sokoto
Photo: Sun News Publishing
More Stories on This Section

In the little, but popular Obinugwu town in Orlu, Imo State, May 16, 2009 was a day the people will not forget in a hurry as the National Assembly literally relocated to the palace of the Chairman, South-East Traditional Rulers Council, Eze Cletus Illomuanya popularly called Obinugwu to identify with the Deputy Senate President, Chief Ike Ekweremadu who was conferred with the chieftaincy title of Ikeoha Ndigbo.

Before the event kicked off, children, adults, elderly women, as well as all kinds of masquerades milled around the Community Primary School Obinugwu, struggling to catch a glimpse of the helicopter that brought Senate President David Mark to the community.

The villagers who came out in their numbers also waved endlessly to the posh cars and convoys as they navigated the narrow road that leads to the palace of the traditional ruler.

At the arena, it was the height of attraction as senators and members of the House of Representatives lit up the palace with their flambuoyant dressing and presence; while traditional rulers from the West, North and the Niger Delta also added colour with their unique type of traditional attire.

It was an event that brought together the different people of Nigeria represented by the traditional institution; the Ooni of Ife Oba Okunade Sijuwade represented by Oba Oladele Olasore, the Jaja of Opobo, joined leading traditional rulers from the South-East such as Eze Patrick Acholonu of Orlu, Eze Agom Eze from Ebonyi, among others.

On the side of politicians, the Senate President David Mark; former Senate President, Anyim Pius Anyim; Governor Theodore Orji of Abia State; Chief Emmanuel Iwuanyanwu; Governor Ikedi Ohakim, represented by the Chief of Staff, Government House, Owerri, Sir Emma Ohakim; and former Minister, Chief Frank Nweke (Jnr.) were on hand to grace the occasion.

Others were Senators Tony Agbo from Ebonyi State; Osita Izunaso; Sylvester Anyanwu; Chris Anyanwu; Annie Okonkwo; Enyinnaya Abaribe; Bukkar Abba Ibrahim; Anyim Ude; and Egba Ekaette.
Also present at the occasion were Chief Chris Uba, Chief Dave Umahi, PDP chairman, Ebonyi State, Senator Iyiola Omisore, Chief Emeka Ihediora, Chief Austin Nwachukwu, Senator Kabiru Gaya, former deputy governor of Imo State, Dr. Douglas Acholonu, among others.

Welcoming his guests to the occasion, Eze Ilomuanya said the title was in recognition of the position of Senator Ekweremadu as the highest political office holder in the zone and for his outstanding role in moving the zone and the country forward.

Mark in his remark at the occasion said the honour on his deputy was by extension one to all members of the National Assembly and the senate in particular.
He described the Deputy Senate president as a patriotic, honest and transparent senator and on behalf of the members of the National Assembly expressed gratitude to the traditional rulers of the South-East for the honour done to them.

Mark described the National Assembly as the pillar of the country’s nascent democracy, saying that “The mere fact that we have gone for these number of years; 10 years now in our current democratic dispensation means that the National Assembly has worked very well because at the end of the day we remain the pillar of democracy in this country.”

Referring to dignitaries and traditional rulers who came from all parts of the country for the event, the senate president stressed the need for Nigerians to learn a lesson from the event, saying “that the unity of the country is of prime importance to all of us.”

Senator Ekweremadu said that he was honoured by the presence of other traditional rulers from the North, the South and the West; “shows there is hope where we can come together as a nation to rejoice when we have to rejoice and to cry when we have to cry.

“We have a country where we have a crop of leaders and politicians who are beginning to work together for this country; and I can see our traditional rulers, who at their own level are working closely together. These are the things we want to bequeath to the next generation.

“As I speak for the unity of this country I am emboldened by the unity that exists in the senate. We have shown that people can come from different background and different political associations and work together
I believe that a country as big as Nigeria where we have people of all tribes and tongues; somebody from a different tribe and tongue can be the president and take care of the rest of us; that is the Nigeria of our dream; and I am seeing that it is beginning to manifest; we can only pray that God will guide all of us to continue on this part so that our country will be great.”

As the helicopter lifted the senate president from the soil of Obinugwu, it threw dust, sand, and dirt on the villagers who ironically waved goodbye more to the aircraft than the occupants, signaling the end to an eventful day which the community would wish could return probably with a bigger aircraft.

1 Like

Re: Evidence That Nigerian Rich Do Not Tribalize, Only Poor And Internet Warriors Do by Afaukwu: 5:28am On May 27, 2009
Take a look at the federal character of the participants. For them, tribalism is no issue. They are in league, their tribes notwithsatnding, to impress, oppress and suppress.
Re: Evidence That Nigerian Rich Do Not Tribalize, Only Poor And Internet Warriors Do by georgecso(m): 7:50am On May 27, 2009
[size=16pt]You are correct bro. The rich men, the cartel that controls this country are from different tribe and religion and they don't seems to discriminate amongst themselves. Tribalism, sectionalism are endemic among the poor Nigerians
[/size]
Re: Evidence That Nigerian Rich Do Not Tribalize, Only Poor And Internet Warriors Do by biina: 7:56am On May 27, 2009
It is only the masses that see ethnic lines, while our corrupt leaders act like siblings.
It seems we have not learnt from our experience of divide and conquer used by the british during the colonial days.
The more united we are as a nation, the better it would be for the masses.
Re: Evidence That Nigerian Rich Do Not Tribalize, Only Poor And Internet Warriors Do by Lagosboy: 9:05am On May 27, 2009
This has been my campaign all along. The politicians are united in their theiving and looting , it is we masses that are tribalised in our opposition to them. Shame o Shame!!!!!
Re: Evidence That Nigerian Rich Do Not Tribalize, Only Poor And Internet Warriors Do by jimmysho(m): 11:48am On May 27, 2009
They see it only use it when necessary to coax their teaming supporters that believe in their ideology

1 Like

Re: Evidence That Nigerian Rich Do Not Tribalize, Only Poor And Internet Warriors Do by Kobojunkie: 12:31pm On May 27, 2009
georgecso:

[size=16pt]You are correct bro. The rich men, the cartel that controls this country are from different tribe and religion and they don't seems to discriminate amongst themselves. Tribalism, sectionalism are endemic among the poor Nigerians
[/size]

And they continue to play that TRIBALISM CARD so the media can carry it on to us, and we end up helping them fight their battles and winning them more seats and more looting opportunities by our actions. Eg. Senators and Leaders playing the ethnicity card when they can so they can add it to their resume that they fought for the tribalists among us in order that they might count on us for our votes and our support next, nevermind these same do absolutely NOTHING more for us.
Re: Evidence That Nigerian Rich Do Not Tribalize, Only Poor And Internet Warriors Do by JJYOU: 12:37pm On May 27, 2009
tribalist are mostly ugly people.
Re: Evidence That Nigerian Rich Do Not Tribalize, Only Poor And Internet Warriors Do by asha80(m): 12:41pm On May 27, 2009
@poster

Actually you are guilty of this.
Re: Evidence That Nigerian Rich Do Not Tribalize, Only Poor And Internet Warriors Do by desgiezd(m): 1:11pm On May 27, 2009
I was at a Company dinner a couple of weeks back along with the chairman of the company I am working for. We were discussing with some few guys and somewhere along the line mentioned Zenith Bank and Jim Ovia, my Chairman said this is one Nigerian that is very hard working, employs you on the basis of what you can deliver and completely detribalised.

Isn't this the way we should all do things and forget about the issue of tribalism as most rich Nigerians do?
Re: Evidence That Nigerian Rich Do Not Tribalize, Only Poor And Internet Warriors Do by Kobojunkie: 2:26pm On May 27, 2009
asha 80:

@poster

True, he ENDORSES tribalism but seems to complain when it is dealt him from the other side. Same with most every tribalist on here. grin
Re: Evidence That Nigerian Rich Do Not Tribalize, Only Poor And Internet Warriors Do by Afaukwu: 3:05pm On May 27, 2009
asha 80:

@poster

If defending my tribe means tribalism, its ok by me. If you check my posts, I do not go out of my way to castigate others. I respond to others based on the measures they dish. In general, I promote my tribe and try not to put others down while doing so. This is important for me, given the rate at which negative posts about Igbos are made here. Somebody can point to any ''tribalistic'' post I have made and look it its context.
Re: Evidence That Nigerian Rich Do Not Tribalize, Only Poor And Internet Warriors Do by Afaukwu: 3:07pm On May 27, 2009
Kobojunkie:

True, he ENDORSES tribalism but seems to complain when it is dealt him from the other side. Same with most every tribalist on here. grin

Show me one of such complain, and please stop being a junkie with a useless pulp for a brain.
Re: Evidence That Nigerian Rich Do Not Tribalize, Only Poor And Internet Warriors Do by Kobojunkie: 3:11pm On May 27, 2009
Afaukwu:

If defending my tribe means tribalism, its ok by me. If you check my posts, I do not go out of my way to castigate others. I respond to others based on the measures they dish. In general, I promote my tribe and try not to put others down while doing so. This is important for me, given the rate at which negative posts about Igbos are made here. Somebody can point to any ''tribalistic'' post I have made and look it its context.

Afaukwu:

Show me one of such complain, and please stop being a junkie with a useless pulp for a brain.

Stop being an Idiot!! On another thread, you blatantly upheld the putting down of another For Not belonging to some Other Ethnic group ( is that is not complaining, I don't know what else is), and went ahead to INSULT my person for having an opposing view to yours. If Tribalism and Lying are part of what you cling to, then PROCLAIM BOTH but don't think you can post CRAP and expect us all to swallow it. We are not all idiots here.

P.S Attacking my Person and calling me JUNKIE ( without even knowing what that word really means) does not make you right!!!
Re: Evidence That Nigerian Rich Do Not Tribalize, Only Poor And Internet Warriors Do by Afaukwu: 3:17pm On May 27, 2009
Junkie,

So calling you a junkie equates tribalism? Aren't you a lost cause? You know that significant others here have questioned your sense of reasoning. I am thus not alone.

As I do not remember the thread in question, please post the said comment I made and let us look at it in perspective.
Re: Evidence That Nigerian Rich Do Not Tribalize, Only Poor And Internet Warriors Do by Kobojunkie: 3:18pm On May 27, 2009
Afaukwu:

Junkie,

So calling you a junkie equates tribalism? Aren't you a lost cause?

As I do not remember the thread in question, please post the said comment I made and let us look at it in perspective.

Hhmm, Seems you have problems with reading there, Are you sure all that you have up there comes from my post, or made up by your mind there?
Re: Evidence That Nigerian Rich Do Not Tribalize, Only Poor And Internet Warriors Do by Afaukwu: 3:20pm On May 27, 2009
Post the thread you mentioned or shut the Bleep up, you eediot.
Re: Evidence That Nigerian Rich Do Not Tribalize, Only Poor And Internet Warriors Do by Afaukwu: 3:29pm On May 27, 2009
Quoted below is what I wrote warranting a slowpoke such as this junkie boy (Kobojunkie) to talk back at me. Where is the tribalism there?

Kobojunkie is a junkie whose thinking is at best junkish. Nigeria is practicing federal character. Why anyone should be against the constitution beats me. Why one state should produce 2 ministers + CBN gov occupying related ministries/position beats me. The senator did not say hausa/igbo/yoruba. He simply noted that Kano alone has 3 officials in a similar office. That is not national spread; that is not federal character. When Nigeria begins to practice merit, it should expunge the federal character thing  from its book. Until then, we must practice federal charater. Is Sanusi of Kano State the only qualified Nigerian to head the CBN? NO!
Re: Evidence That Nigerian Rich Do Not Tribalize, Only Poor And Internet Warriors Do by Kobojunkie: 3:33pm On May 27, 2009
1) Federal Character PROMOTES TRIBALISM . . . . Supporting Such a move by the Senator inadvertently means YOU PROMOTE TRIBALISM OVER MERIT, regardless of how legal that act is.

2) What proof do you have to CLAIM SANUSI is right now, Not the only NIgerian Qualified to be Head of CBN? Could you produce someone else MORE qualified on MERIT and not on Ethnicity?
Re: Evidence That Nigerian Rich Do Not Tribalize, Only Poor And Internet Warriors Do by Afaukwu: 3:40pm On May 27, 2009
Kobojunkie:

1) Federal Character PROMOTES TRIBALISM . . . . Supporting Such a move by the Senator inadvertently means YOU PROMOTE TRIBALISM OVER MERIT, regardless of how legal that act is.

2) What proof do you have to CLAIM SANUSI is right now, Not the only NIgerian Qualified to be Head of CBN? Could you produce someone else MORE qualified on MERIT and not on Ethnicity?

You are dumber than I thought and your penchant for jumping here and there for the sake or argument, like a cracked up junkie does not help matters either. If federal character promotes tribalism and you want to blame me for that, did I make the laws supporting federal character? Please google my posts on nairaland to see my opinion on federal character. What is the basis for not renewing Soludo's contract? Is Soludo less qualified than Sanusi? Who is/are Soludo's deputy(s) at CBN; is/are he/they less qualified than Sanusi? Who was the First Bank MD before Sanusi; is he less qualified than Sanusi? How long did Sanusi serve as the head of FBN? Is that sufficient time to assess him vis-a-vis other qualified Nigerians?

Finally, is it ok with you that 3 individuals from one state (out of 36) will be in position to decide the economic direction of 150 million others, especialy where there are others from elsewhere who will easily bring in the much-needed diversity of opinion? But even more especially, where the laws of the land frown against such?
Re: Evidence That Nigerian Rich Do Not Tribalize, Only Poor And Internet Warriors Do by Hisname: 3:49pm On May 27, 2009
the reason for not renewing is that soludo is not performing. Soludo can only be measure by economy level. And the economy is not doing well. Soludo capitalizatin that is makes noise about is monopoly of the banking system by igbos. In the usa what happen to bell and miscrosoft was that the USa govt ask them to break them up.

Monopoly of the banking section by the igbos , created by soludo and iweala that is the reason they are not going to give soludo another term. And that is the final decision of the president. his sack would not be reviewed.

Monopoly of the banking section by the igbos , created by soludo and iweala,is that not tribalism too?

1 Like

Re: Evidence That Nigerian Rich Do Not Tribalize, Only Poor And Internet Warriors Do by Afaukwu: 3:55pm On May 27, 2009
Hisname:

the reason for not renewing is that soludo is not performing. Soludo can only be measure by economy level. And the economy is not doing well. Soludo capitalizatin that is makes noise about is monopoly of the banking system by igbos. In the usa what happen to bell and miscrosoft was that the USa govt ask them to break them up.

Monopoly of the banking section by the igbos , created by soludo and iweala that is the reason they are not going to give soludo another term. And that is the final decision of the president. his sack would not be reviewed.

Thanks. It is fairer that reasons (any reasons at all) are adduced for not renewing Soludo's job than latching on stale tribalism thrash as did Junkie. Your statement that Soludo is not performing is your opinion; millions of other Nigerians think otherwise. Even David Mark and indeed, Yaradua praised him only a few days ago.

Now, Hisname, to butress your point that Soludo favored the Igbos, could you please mention the MDs/Chairmen of all the banks in Nigeria and their states of origin? Following that, could you mention the same as of prior to Soludo? If undoing a supposed Soludo-induced Igbo favoritism in the banking sector (as you seem to insinuate) is the reason for bringing Sanusi in, will another tribe be favored in revenge? grin grin

If the economy is not doing well how is that to be put solely at the doorstep of a CBN governor? What then is the role of the finance minister, the so-called planning minister and other economy-related ministers such as commerce and industry and petroleum, amongst others. What is the role of lack of electricity in the economic distress we are in today? Is that also the function of a CBN gov? What is the consequence of all the stolen billions on the economy of the country?
Re: Evidence That Nigerian Rich Do Not Tribalize, Only Poor And Internet Warriors Do by asha80(m): 3:59pm On May 27, 2009
Hisname:

Monopoly of the banking section by the igbos , created by soludo and iweala,is that not tribalism too?

Chai what rubbish grin
Re: Evidence That Nigerian Rich Do Not Tribalize, Only Poor And Internet Warriors Do by Hisname: 4:01pm On May 27, 2009
Afaukwu , you are very tribalistic. David mark only was using old man sense. do you want david mark to disgrace soludo in public.?

if the economy was doing well as you claim. why is labour union on strike.
Re: Evidence That Nigerian Rich Do Not Tribalize, Only Poor And Internet Warriors Do by Afaukwu: 4:06pm On May 27, 2009
Hisname:

Afaukwu , you are very tribalistic. David mark only was using old man sense. do you want david mark to disgrace soludo in public.?

if the economy was doing well as you claim. why is labour union on strike.

So David Mark used old man sense to praise Soludo? Is that not hypocricy then? If Mark cannot call a spade one even in public, then he does not fit to be a Senate President.

Please where did I claim the economy is doing well? My question is whether CBN is the only responsible body per the economy? Where is the finance minister and what is he doing? Do you have NEPA to grow your economy? Is the transport system in good shape to drive the economy? Are those Soludo's responsibility too?

Every idiot on the street knows that without the Soludo bank consolidation, our economy would have been more hard hit with this global crisis.
Re: Evidence That Nigerian Rich Do Not Tribalize, Only Poor And Internet Warriors Do by Hisname: 4:08pm On May 27, 2009
who care what state the origin or a person come from. it is how much they claim to own in the bank.  look the president decision is final. So are you saying your igbo people are ready to fight yar adua because of non performing soludo. Do you know how many nigeria with phd in economy that can help change the economy that soludo destroy.

Look at a time in nigeria , the best place to work was with the banks. it is not same now. bank were doing well. if your banks are making profit the economy become rich. if you put money in the hand of one ethnics group the other ethnics group suffer. what soludo and iweala  did was to put all of nigeria money into the hands of igbos and eliminated the other ethnics group. is that not tribalism.
Re: Evidence That Nigerian Rich Do Not Tribalize, Only Poor And Internet Warriors Do by Afaukwu: 4:09pm On May 27, 2009
Hisname,

Please answer my questions above
Re: Evidence That Nigerian Rich Do Not Tribalize, Only Poor And Internet Warriors Do by asha80(m): 4:10pm On May 27, 2009
Hisname:

who care what state the origin or a person come from. it is how much they claim to own in the bank. look the president decision is final. So are you saying your igbo people are ready to fight yar adua because of non performing soludo. Do you know how many nigeria with phd in economy that can help change the economy that soludo destroy.

Look at a time in nigeria , the best place to work was with the banks. it is not same now. bank were doing well. if your banks are making profit the economy become rich. if you put money in the hand of one ethnics group the other ethnics group suffer. what soludo and iweala did was to put all of nigeria money into the hands of igbos and eliminated the other ethnics group. is that not tribalism.

grin cheesy oh dear
Re: Evidence That Nigerian Rich Do Not Tribalize, Only Poor And Internet Warriors Do by Afaukwu: 4:11pm On May 27, 2009
Now I know, Hisname has another agenda. One of those Igbo haters on the prowl. Please make a list of the corrupt officers under EFCC indictment and let us see how many Igbos are there. Those people are the ones holding your money and not the ones you accuse out of envy.

Could you, Hisname, by any chance be Lamidi-Obi or Billymuse using a different handle?
Re: Evidence That Nigerian Rich Do Not Tribalize, Only Poor And Internet Warriors Do by Afaukwu: 4:13pm On May 27, 2009
Asha80,

You know your unprovoked accusation of me as a tribalist brought about this new madness from Hisname. Thanks, yet again.
Re: Evidence That Nigerian Rich Do Not Tribalize, Only Poor And Internet Warriors Do by blunt1990: 4:22pm On May 27, 2009
@afaukwu, I really appreciate the effort you have made to educate Hisname.
@Hisname, reading your comments on this thread reminds me of the composition I gave my eight year old niece during easter holiday. I will advise you read newspapers and foerign journals, and ask question so that you can learn quick. It is really obvious you lack basic knowledge of economics. Since google search engine is free, why not search for the functions of a CBN Gov, also read newspapers daily for information as you completely lack knowledge of current political events in Nigeria.Try and find out the demands of NLC and reasons for their demonstration.

@topic, I have always said this to Nigerians, most tribalist, very poor and visionless individuals, fight themselves while our politicians and their children are united in stealing the common wealth of the nation. We don't want to learn!!!
Re: Evidence That Nigerian Rich Do Not Tribalize, Only Poor And Internet Warriors Do by Afaukwu: 4:30pm On May 27, 2009
I am persuaded to think that illiterates such as Hisname think the role of a CBN gov includes opening the national vault for people to walk in and collect cash. That done, the economy will grow like wild fire. Bloody fool.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Breaking News: Yar'adua (deadibody) back On Nigerian Soil. . . / Acn Rejects Unity Govt, Warns Party Members / My Oga At The Top Guys and Babes Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.