Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,128 members, 7,860,058 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 02:33 AM

Is it true that Yara'dua will be tried for Genocide? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is it true that Yara'dua will be tried for Genocide? (651 Views)

Murray-Bruce: "The Response I Got For Suggesting That Dasuki Be Tried Openly" / Court Orders That Alleged Nyanya Bombers Be Tried In Camera / Northern Muslims Demand N105bn Compensation From FG For Genocide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is it true that Yara'dua will be tried for Genocide? by TheSeeker(m): 7:08am On May 27, 2009
I just read on CNN that Obama has urged MYANMAR to unconditionally release  Aung San Suu Kyi calling her house arrest since 1989 "arbitrary". He as well went ahead to stress that "if Burma wants to take its place as a responsible member of the international community, the rules of their land has to be obeyed and respected".

On a rather different note, we remember that an American-Iran reporter, Roxana Saberi was imprisoned in Iran on charges of "espionage", as defiant and outspoken as Iranian President Ahmedinejad is and has always been, he hearkened to Obama's call to release the reporter and condemned the rather against-the-human-rights trial and imprisonment of the reporter, hence, prompting the Iranian President to extend an opportunity to talk with the American President after both countries had fallen out of a good relationship since more than 30 years.

Recently, he has demonstrated acts of wanting to talk peace with the United States. It is however generally believed, maybe exaggerated but true, that if you want to find favor in the world we are in today, you have to be United States favored.

Subsequently, bring this down to Nigeria. I remember our "dearest" President mentioning that he would like Nigeria to be part of the G-20 countries. Last time I checked, Nigeria doesn't possess the least quality to be a member of this clan(G-20). We have a government from Federal to Ward levels that have been violently, illegally, fraudulently elected into office, perpetrating all forms of ills ranging from financial to moral.

Everywhere and everyday we keep hearing money missing(NFA scandal), money not located(Tafa's loot-where is it?), billions of naira not accounted for(House of Reps trying to find out what happened to some billions from exports), election scandals(recently some members of the electoral c'mmttee for the rerun in Ekiti have been accused of sharing some money and Maurice Iwu claiming that they are being distracted by the police from performing their constitutional duty, what's their duty? Rig elections?).  Can someone tell me just how, with these qualities, Nigeria of all nations will qualify to be among the G-20 clans?

To further decimate the FG's so called "re-branding" the President ordered the military to attack Niger Delta. We all know how it ended in Sudan and other countries, even though America didn't interfere into some but then they will suffer for it from the same American somehow. Lately someone said Obama's visit to Africa is exaggerated, no it is not. Obama eluding Nigeria and crossing to Ghana shows how weak and how pathetic Nigeria has gone to a point where two consecutive American Presidents have skipped Nigeria to visit our neighboring African countries even though we give them our oil. Why didn't the President call for dialogue before declaring the cold war? Why didn't he seek legislative support before going all out on them? Was his actions really patriotic? Why can't be prove to be different by improving the lives of the Niger-Deltans? I do not want to sound tribal on this issue, but if the northerners were to be in the Niger-Deltans shoes, we know what they would have done. Look at Jos, Kano, Sokoto and what they are doing to southerners! Go figure the rest!

Finally, is it true that President Yara'dua will be tried for GENOCIDE? If yes, what impact does it have on our image and our so-called re-branding? Good morning y'all.
Re: Is it true that Yara'dua will be tried for Genocide? by Tudor3(m): 9:00am On May 27, 2009
You probly don't know the meaning of genocide. . . .Go look it up.
Re: Is it true that Yara'dua will be tried for Genocide? by RICHIEBOI1(m): 5:33pm On May 27, 2009
Tùdor:

You probly don't know the meaning of genocide. . . .Go look it up.

you probly dont know what your saying. what happened in the niger delta is wot? hundreds of slauthered women and children. up till now aid hasnt been allowed to women and children still hiding in the bush as we speak. maybe you should go visit gbaramaturu community in delta state and get back to me sir. angry

(1) (Reply)

Missing Lagos Lawmaker Found In Saki / Nigerians Don't Know What Good Governance Means / Nobody Born Of Woman Can Do Anything To Me - Iwu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.