Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,383 members, 7,958,074 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 08:20 AM

Mrs Farida On Channels - Indicts Nuru Ribadu - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mrs Farida On Channels - Indicts Nuru Ribadu (2530 Views)

Nigerians React To Martin Onovo's Interview On Channels Today - Video / Ministerial Screening: Fashola Indicts Himself Before The Senate / Rivers Panel Of Inquiry Indicts Former Governor Amaechi, Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mrs Farida On Channels - Indicts Nuru Ribadu by wirinet(m): 10:25am On May 28, 2009
Afam:

Why would Odili give up his dream or aspiration just like that if he was not corrupt?

Can you blackmail an innocent man?

Ribadu may have the listening ear of OBJ because Ribadu heads an important agency (EFCC) under that administration.

How these irrelevant issues and diversions are brought up to discredit a man that stood up to the powerful corrupt Nigerians beats my imagination silly.

If Odili felt he needed to run then he did not need to chicken out unless of course he had something to hide.

EFCC was after Odili but Odili got a court order forbidding anyone to try him and the last time I checked EFCC does not control the courts in Nigeria.

Enough of the diversions and misinformation abeg.

Please reason beyond your cult worship. I never alluded thay Gov. Odili was clean, what i quarrel with was why Ribadu was using corruption as a blackmailing tool. For your information, the court did not stop Ribadu from disqualifying Odili through his corruption advisory list (which contained names of some people we were not aware were under investigation),before he was told by the court that he cannot do that.
What of Odili's replacement, can you exonerate Goodluck  Jonathan from Alams crimes. Jonathan's wife was found trying to lodge large sums of cash in a bank during the husbands tenure. What happened?. I am sure if the target had been Goodluck, Ribadu would have also blackmailed him into submission. My take is that all of them are robbers, but Ribadu made some robbers more equal than others.
Re: Mrs Farida On Channels - Indicts Nuru Ribadu by proudly9ja(m): 11:54am On May 28, 2009
@ wirinet and others

noone has said Ribadu did a perfect job. Infact if you watched Ribadu's interview with saharareporters, he admitted to making mistakes. Even in this ElRufai's 'bombshell', he, ElRufai described a situation where Ribadu had to drop Yaradua's name from the corrupt list because they agreed that Yaradua was working and doing good things in his state. He Elrufai with benefit of hindsight now probably now sees it as a mistake on Ribadu's part. Come to think of it, if we are talking corruption in Nigeria, how many people can claim to be clean? I can assure you, not one!

All we are saying is that, if you look at the anti corruption crusade now and compare it with Ribadu's tenure, then the difference is clear. Infact there is no comparison. In addition, Ribadu never went after an innocent person. All those people who were indicted and chased away like Atiku, Odili, etc were all state and federal looters.

Not that Im saying Yaradua's govt has done anything positive but think about it, would you rather have an Atiku as President? or a Peter Odili as Vice rather than Goodluck?
Re: Mrs Farida On Channels - Indicts Nuru Ribadu by Afam(m): 8:19pm On May 28, 2009
wirinet:

Please reason beyond your cult worship. I never alluded thay Gov. Odili was clean, what i quarrel with was why Ribadu was using corruption as a blackmailing tool. For your information, the court did not stop Ribadu from disqualifying Odili through his corruption advisory list (which contained names of some people we were not aware were under investigation),before he was told by the court that he cannot do that.
What of Odili's replacement, can you exonerate Goodluck  Jonathan from Alams crimes. Jonathan's wife was found trying to lodge large sums of cash in a bank during the husbands tenure. What happened?. I am sure if the target had been Goodluck, Ribadu would have also blackmailed him into submission. My take is that all of them are robbers, but Ribadu made some robbers more equal than others.

Guy, your level of reasoning is shocking, I must have overrated your thought process to have bothered to respond to your many nonsense comments on this topic.

My take is that all of them are robbers, but Ribadu made some robbers more equal than others.

How can a human being that makes the statement above turn around and blame Ribadu for going after a corrupt leader? Learn to engage your brain before putting your hands in gear.

You are clearly confused and obviously chasing shadows as the facts have been made available for all well meaning Nigerians to see.

Understand one thing, I am not here to convince you or anyone for that matter. What I owe the forum is to provide information based on facts, logic and common sense and then all the readers to make up their minds.

Enjoy the weekend ahead, admit your mistakes and probably come back next week to air your views based on facts and truth.
Re: Mrs Farida On Channels - Indicts Nuru Ribadu by Mobinga: 3:41pm On Feb 07, 2011
Voting for GEJ grin
Re: Mrs Farida On Channels - Indicts Nuru Ribadu by PeeDaVinci: 4:41pm On Feb 07, 2011
if madam waziri, the boss of an organisation that specializes in tracing looted fund,  can not trace money "supposedly" looted from the organisation  she presides over, then, i submit that she is as incompetent to lead efcc

this political gimmick of gej wont work, he is as incompetent as waziri
Re: Mrs Farida On Channels - Indicts Nuru Ribadu by Muza(m): 7:03pm On Feb 07, 2011
PeeDaVinci:

if madam waziri, the boss of an organisation that specializes in tracing looted fund, can not trace money "supposedly" looted from the organisation she presides over, then, i submit that she is as incompetent to lead efcc

this political gimmick of gej wont work, he is as incompetent as waziri

#GBAM
Re: Mrs Farida On Channels - Indicts Nuru Ribadu by Richtalk: 11:37pm On Feb 11, 2011
So he was indicted ?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Who Is The Richest Obj Or Ibb / The Film That Caused The Arab Autumn Riot. Video / 20 Most Peaceful Countries In The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.