Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,138 members, 7,814,989 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:54 AM

Ten Types Of People You See In A Luxury Bus - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Ten Types Of People You See In A Luxury Bus (718 Views)

15 People You Will Meet At Filling Station During Fuel Crisis. / See This Luxury Bus A Friend Of Mine Travelled In. / 10 Categories Of People That Regularly Patronize Herbalists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ten Types Of People You See In A Luxury Bus by Raymondeji(m): 9:23am On Nov 29, 2015
Good morning guys, this morning I feel like sharing with you what I have gathered as a result of personal experience. After traveling through the length and breadth of the country. I have a compilation of the different types of people you meet in a luxury bus.

1. The Religious one.
They are mostly not well dressed, holding a bible or a Quran, when they step into the vehicle they either say 'blood of Jesus' or they say 'Bisimilai'. Then the Christian starts the trip with prayers without considering the religion of others in the vehicle.
2. The Geek.
This is usually a guy. He enters the bus with his gadgets, usually more than one. With his headphone on, he doesn't usually talk to anyone till the end of the trip. He checks outside the bus at intervals to know how far they have gone with the trip, then he goes back to the game he is playing or whatever he is doing
3. The caring parent.
This category is simple, she is always on the phone. She calls home to check on her children, 'what are you cooking'. 'You guys should make sure you switch off all the gadgets in the house'. 'Check the whole house and make sure you lock the house before you sleep'.
4. The business guy.
He is always on the phone, making different calls, from the apprentices to his suppliers and to his customers. Most of the time he is tracking the sales at the shop to make sure the guys in the shop don't swindle him. Other times he is discussing price with the customers...'Oga that brake pad na 15,000 last price'
5. The working class.
He/she is either on leave or going on an official assignment. He is well dressed, suited up or on corporate wear. Sometimes (s)he is on the phone gossiping with someone In the office about their boss.
6. The reader.
Though our reading culture has drastically dropped, we tend to pick up our favorite novels to pass time in the bus. This category involves the people that go into the vehicle, put on their earpieces and read their novels, most of them don't finish the novel in the bus, don't be surprised if they don't read it again till their next trip.
7. The glutton.
This is so common! Might be a lady or a guy. He/she enters into the vehicle, and starts buying food right from the park. Madam, give me one lacasera and 2 gala. Then he buys 3 eggs, then he buys plantain chips at the next stop, then some 30 mins later, he buys bread and akara
8. The runs girl.
This kind of lady is common to find on Abuja trips, they wait all week for 'Ahlaji' to give them a call, then they hop into the bus to meet him for a 'nice time' in a fancy hotel in exchange for money not enough to mend their already retched life.....I no abuse them o
9. The Casanova.
This usually is a guy, he enters the bus looking to sit next to the prettiest lady on the bus. Sometimes they get along and talk all through the trip as if they had known each other before, sometimes the lady gives her boyfriend a call....which is an absolute turn off for him
10. The professional driver.
He is not actually a professional, he owns his own car, but can't drive it through the long distance, or he can't fuel it. So he takes the bus to get him to his destination but complains each time the driver makes any error, sometimes he doesn't complain about his own driver, he complains about other drivers

Kindly add yours
Re: Ten Types Of People You See In A Luxury Bus by rheether(f): 9:41am On Nov 29, 2015
What about people like me? The sleepers? We will start sleeping once the journey starts and will wake up in the middle of the trip asking the cute guy beside us '' are we in lokoja''?

3 Likes

Re: Ten Types Of People You See In A Luxury Bus by ministeriallist: 10:01am On Nov 29, 2015
The noisemakers: these ones discuss/argue over issues - politics, history, sport, etc. They usually inconvenience others who aren't interested in their arguments.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Please Read And Share / How To Use Android Remix OS 2.0 On PC / An Exit Of A Rare Gem

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.