Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,737 members, 7,809,825 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:33 PM

Advice, He Was Invited For A Chat after a brave reply to the regret letter - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Advice, He Was Invited For A Chat after a brave reply to the regret letter (31577 Views)

Common Reasons Why Most Job Seekers Never Get Invited For Interviews / I Was Invited For A Job I Am Not Qualified For With My Certificate / He's Invited For An Interview In The UK But Lack Funds To Process Travel Needs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice, He Was Invited For A Chat after a brave reply to the regret letter by babeface3: 10:33am On Nov 29, 2015
He submitted his cv for a job he knew he was so qualified for. A reply came after 2 weeks informing him of an online 'writing'that would test some skills before interview. That the company normally fulfils that before interview. Test question that were so strange was sent on the scheduled day and he was given just 45 mins to submit answers.
He tried his hand and submitted answers to the little extent he could attempt. He got a response the next day informing him he did not make it to the next stage and thanking him for his interest in the company. To the email he replied thus: "thanks for the feedback but I would advise you keep my CV". This was with the mindset of annoyance over the whole thing.
Going through his email the next day, he couldn't believe what he saw: a reply from the same company:."can we have a chat at our office, no... On 2nd December, 2015, by 10am. Ask of James Olufemi of the HR"...
This invitation has thrown him into confusion.

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Advice, He Was Invited For A Chat after a brave reply to the regret letter by ajatim(m): 4:41pm On Nov 29, 2015
pls present yourself for the interview and be original. Favour wil smile on u frm dia.

198 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Advice, He Was Invited For A Chat after a brave reply to the regret letter by Bespiel: 5:17pm On Nov 29, 2015
I think you dazed them with your reply...

"you can keep my cv" connotes you should still consider me for now or future positions.

I believe you wanna be given a chance to be heard, maybe to confirm their assertions about you for the position. So prepare very well.

88 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Advice, He Was Invited For A Chat after a brave reply to the regret letter by olasmith10(m): 6:19pm On Nov 29, 2015
They felt his guts..Seems that is exactly wat they v bn luking for..

71 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Advice, He Was Invited For A Chat after a brave reply to the regret letter by damton(m): 9:43pm On Nov 29, 2015
Your boldness and courage has impressed them.

Mind you , during the face interview, it's advisable you humble yourself as much as possible, while flaunting your special skills and abilities.

100 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Advice, He Was Invited For A Chat after a brave reply to the regret letter by DiegoNakel(m): 9:43pm On Nov 29, 2015
It has to do with confidence !!!

12 Likes

Re: Advice, He Was Invited For A Chat after a brave reply to the regret letter by Demmocrats(m): 9:43pm On Nov 29, 2015
To the email he replied thus: "thanks for the feedback but I would advise you keep my CV". This was with the mindset of annoyance over the whole thing.
Going through his email the next day, he couldn't believe what he saw: a reply from the same company:."can we have a chat at our office, no... On 2nd December, 2015, by 10am. Ask of James Olufemi of the HR"...

lol Mortal Kombat type of beating grin grin grin

Am joking, just go with a friend. It might be positive at the end.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advice, He Was Invited For A Chat after a brave reply to the regret letter by sotall(m): 9:44pm On Nov 29, 2015
ok
Re: Advice, He Was Invited For A Chat after a brave reply to the regret letter by optimusprime2(m): 9:44pm On Nov 29, 2015
wow...
In a Land of Joblessness and a time of Body movement, the destiny of a country lies on the hand of an old man, his name....

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Advice, He Was Invited For A Chat after a brave reply to the regret letter by Panzerfaust(m): 9:44pm On Nov 29, 2015
The END TIME crew will soon arrive.

3 Likes

Re: Advice, He Was Invited For A Chat after a brave reply to the regret letter by Omotayor123(f): 9:44pm On Nov 29, 2015
Abeg Go.. But make sure you give us feedback grin

14 Likes

Re: Advice, He Was Invited For A Chat after a brave reply to the regret letter by francizy(m): 9:45pm On Nov 29, 2015
Daring grin

1 Like

Re: Advice, He Was Invited For A Chat after a brave reply to the regret letter by Pidggin(f): 9:45pm On Nov 29, 2015
Nice one, as long as you did not insult them in your email it is safe to go.

3 Likes

Re: Advice, He Was Invited For A Chat after a brave reply to the regret letter by Omotayor123(f): 9:45pm On Nov 29, 2015
End time e mails cheesy

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advice, He Was Invited For A Chat after a brave reply to the regret letter by francizy(m): 9:45pm On Nov 29, 2015
Panzerfaust:
The END TIME crew will soon arrive.

This whole "end time" shît is already boring mehn... angry undecided

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Advice, He Was Invited For A Chat after a brave reply to the regret letter by bukynkwuenu: 9:45pm On Nov 29, 2015
Re: Advice, He Was Invited For A Chat after a brave reply to the regret letter by Paschal001: 9:45pm On Nov 29, 2015
I love such guts

1 Like

Re: Advice, He Was Invited For A Chat after a brave reply to the regret letter by SPDAZZY(f): 9:45pm On Nov 29, 2015
Wow. He showed them that he knows his worth. Kudos guy.
Re: Advice, He Was Invited For A Chat after a brave reply to the regret letter by kennyman2000(m): 9:46pm On Nov 29, 2015
Hmmmm.... The HR might just want to know the person behind such gut and the potentials imbedded in him or her if his or her potentials could be of greater value to the coy..

Go 2moro bro and be confident like you showed in the mail you sent cos 2moro might be ''FACE TO FACE CONFIDENCE EXPERIMENTATION TEST'' and not the electronic confidence you displayed in the mail.

Also, try and get a secret recording gadget like a ''spy pen'' and get the meeting recorded secretly incase they're trying to mess you up so as for u to have an evidence if you need to get them sued.

All the best!

9 Likes

Re: Advice, He Was Invited For A Chat after a brave reply to the regret letter by Nobody: 9:46pm On Nov 29, 2015
It's a positive sign bro. Congratulations in advance. You just got yourself a job.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Advice, He Was Invited For A Chat after a brave reply to the regret letter by bukynkwuenu: 9:46pm On Nov 29, 2015
i don find 2 sit 4 frontpage

wetin d thread dey talk sef
Re: Advice, He Was Invited For A Chat after a brave reply to the regret letter by Adeoba10(m): 9:46pm On Nov 29, 2015
Must u socialize everytyn.... Including d HR's name, wat abt if he comes online n decided to cancel d chat....

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advice, He Was Invited For A Chat after a brave reply to the regret letter by ta4ba3(m): 9:47pm On Nov 29, 2015
Maybe u need to fail d test to get d call

1 Like

Re: Advice, He Was Invited For A Chat after a brave reply to the regret letter by ta4ba3(m): 9:47pm On Nov 29, 2015
Maybe u need to fail d test to get d job

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Advice, He Was Invited For A Chat after a brave reply to the regret letter by ShakurM(m): 9:47pm On Nov 29, 2015
Be on your Tony Montana shitt 2mrw!! cool Good luck

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Advice, He Was Invited For A Chat after a brave reply to the regret letter by barnabas91: 9:48pm On Nov 29, 2015
Life is funny

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Advice, He Was Invited For A Chat after a brave reply to the regret letter by Nobody: 9:48pm On Nov 29, 2015
babeface3:
He submitted his cv for a job he knew he was so qualified for. A reply came after 2 weeks informing him of an online 'writing'that would test some skills before interview. That the company normally fulfils that before interview. Test question that were so strange was sent on the scheduled day and he was given just 45 mins to submit answers.
He tried his hand and submitted answers to the little extent he could attempt. He got a response the next day informing him he did not make it to the next stage and thanking him for his interest in the company. To the email he replied thus: "thanks for the feedback but I would advise you keep my CV". This was with the mindset of annoyance over the whole thing.
This invitation has thrown him into confusion.

IF this is all that you wrote, I have my doubts, but if that's all that you wrote then you are being considered for an opening.

BUT admittedly you stated that you wrote out of annoyance and knowing the mindset of most Nigerians I would wager that you said more and probably threatened them.

Good luck.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advice, He Was Invited For A Chat after a brave reply to the regret letter by kayojosephy(m): 9:49pm On Nov 29, 2015
Go for your time has come,just tell them u sent that for future consideration cos u are more than capable...
Re: Advice, He Was Invited For A Chat after a brave reply to the regret letter by kennydee05(m): 9:49pm On Nov 29, 2015
Nice move guy....
Our greatest any in life is fear.... if you refuse to entertain fear in your life, the impossible will become possible.
Courage is the key to excellence.
Re: Advice, He Was Invited For A Chat after a brave reply to the regret letter by yomalex(m): 9:50pm On Nov 29, 2015
Hmm

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Apply For Graduate HR Trainees Position At UBA / Do You Think This CV Ok For A New Graduate / Bank Teller Job Or Customs (ISP-CADRE 6)?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.