Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,840 members, 7,820,925 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:31 AM

Advice, He Was Invited For A Chat after a brave reply to the regret letter - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Advice, He Was Invited For A Chat after a brave reply to the regret letter (31593 Views)

Common Reasons Why Most Job Seekers Never Get Invited For Interviews / I Was Invited For A Job I Am Not Qualified For With My Certificate / He's Invited For An Interview In The UK But Lack Funds To Process Travel Needs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Advice, He Was Invited For A Chat after a brave reply to the regret letter by BCISLTD: 9:51pm On Nov 29, 2015
angry the silly thing that will happen after this..is that job seekers will start using that reply verbatim. ..

Buy this

https://www.nairaland.com/2766054/cheap-toks-golf-4...550k

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advice, He Was Invited For A Chat after a brave reply to the regret letter by metrosexual: 9:51pm On Nov 29, 2015
Plan B
Re: Advice, He Was Invited For A Chat after a brave reply to the regret letter by Seunpaul01(m): 9:53pm On Nov 29, 2015
Endtime email connection.
Re: Advice, He Was Invited For A Chat after a brave reply to the regret letter by informato: 9:53pm On Nov 29, 2015
babeface3:
He submitted his cv for a job he knew he was so qualified for. A reply came after 2 weeks informing him of an online 'writing'that would test some skills before interview. That the company normally fulfils that before interview. Test question that were so strange was sent on the scheduled day and he was given just 45 mins to submit answers.
He tried his hand and submitted answers to the little extent he could attempt. He got a response the next day informing him he did not make it to the next stage and thanking him for his interest in the company. To the email he replied thus: "thanks for the feedback but I would advise you keep my CV". This was with the mindset of annoyance over the whole thing.
Going through his email the next day, he couldn't believe what he saw: a reply from the same company:."can we have a chat at our office, no... On 2nd December, 2015, by 10am. Ask of James Olufemi of the HR"...
This invitation has thrown him into confusion.
..if you go there alone, NA YOU KNOW OOOOO
Re: Advice, He Was Invited For A Chat after a brave reply to the regret letter by efjay: 9:54pm On Nov 29, 2015
Bro u've shown that u value your CV very well and dat's good....
Re: Advice, He Was Invited For A Chat after a brave reply to the regret letter by Nobody: 9:56pm On Nov 29, 2015
You get sense! Your response gave u d edge!

All the best.

2 Likes

Re: Advice, He Was Invited For A Chat after a brave reply to the regret letter by SKAMOD(m): 9:58pm On Nov 29, 2015
kavey10:

Lol! The HR guy wan organize beat the applicant mercilessly. Go at your own peril. grin grin

LWKMD cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Advice, He Was Invited For A Chat after a brave reply to the regret letter by styno(m): 10:01pm On Nov 29, 2015
They are probably looking for a confident and daring person, your response showed those qualities
Re: Advice, He Was Invited For A Chat after a brave reply to the regret letter by bigtt76(f): 10:01pm On Nov 29, 2015
The HR guy wants return your CV by force grin
Re: Advice, He Was Invited For A Chat after a brave reply to the regret letter by Abduletudaye(m): 10:06pm On Nov 29, 2015
optimusprime2:
wow...
In a Land of Joblessness and a time of Body movement, the destiny of a country lies on the hand of an old man, his name....

Chukwudi? undecided undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advice, He Was Invited For A Chat after a brave reply to the regret letter by chival(f): 10:11pm On Nov 29, 2015
optimusprime2:
wow...
In a Land of Joblessness and a time of Body movement, the destiny of a country lies on the hand of an old man, his name....

You just gave me a good laugh.

1 Like

Re: Advice, He Was Invited For A Chat after a brave reply to the regret letter by shollyBi(m): 10:12pm On Nov 29, 2015
Re: Advice, He Was Invited For A Chat after a brave reply to the regret letter by shollyBi(m): 10:13pm On Nov 29, 2015
oga mi, go and clear their doubt but mean while be yourself that's all you got to sell, they will buy if that's the kind they want. safe

1 Like

Re: Advice, He Was Invited For A Chat after a brave reply to the regret letter by swaggprofessor(m): 10:13pm On Nov 29, 2015
babeface3:
He submitted his cv for a job he knew he was so qualified for. A reply came after 2 weeks informing him of an online 'writing'that would test some skills before interview. That the company normally fulfils that before interview. Test question that were so strange was sent on the scheduled day and he was given just 45 mins to submit answers.
He tried his hand and submitted answers to the little extent he could attempt. He got a response the next day informing him he did not make it to the next stage and thanking him for his interest in the company. To the email he replied thus: "thanks for the feedback but I would advise you keep my CV". This was with the mindset of annoyance over the whole thing.
Going through his email the next day, he couldn't believe what he saw: a reply from the same company:."can we have a chat at our office, no... On 2nd December, 2015, by 10am. Ask of James Olufemi of the HR"...
na e cv dem wan forcefully return
Re: Advice, He Was Invited For A Chat after a brave reply to the regret letter by Ngalaba1(f): 10:17pm On Nov 29, 2015
The HR noticed your guts were probably our out of dissappointment or anger....and probably decided to meet you in person for your guts. If you do so well during the chat with him, you could get the job since you say you are qualified...Just be honest and be yourself. Good Luck.

Go Alone.
Re: Advice, He Was Invited For A Chat after a brave reply to the regret letter by lonelydora: 10:21pm On Nov 29, 2015
Is the company Baker Hughes?
Re: Advice, He Was Invited For A Chat after a brave reply to the regret letter by Nobody: 10:21pm On Nov 29, 2015
optimusprime2:
wow...
Mohmmadu!!! cheesy
Re: Advice, He Was Invited For A Chat after a brave reply to the regret letter by ikombe: 10:24pm On Nov 29, 2015
optimusprime2:
wow...
BOOHARRY grin
Re: Advice, He Was Invited For A Chat after a brave reply to the regret letter by Ngalaba1(f): 10:27pm On Nov 29, 2015
Next time do not disclose the name of the HR pls. If I were he and I see this kind of thing you post here i may not mind but mentioning my name might earn you a Capital disqualification because you would not be able to manage the non-disclosures of the company as an employee.

Some info are not for social media. #Too Much Information.

Good Luck However..

5 Likes

Re: Advice, He Was Invited For A Chat after a brave reply to the regret letter by CravingChic: 10:29pm On Nov 29, 2015
Your reply depicts boldness and confidence in yourself. Go with that same confidence and grab the job.
Re: Advice, He Was Invited For A Chat after a brave reply to the regret letter by Nobody: 10:30pm On Nov 29, 2015
@Op please modify the post and remove the name of the HR that if it not fake fake name. It is no too cool,this an online forum.
Re: Advice, He Was Invited For A Chat after a brave reply to the regret letter by Nobody: 10:31pm On Nov 29, 2015
@Op please modify the post and remove the name of the HR that if it not fake name. It is no too cool,this is an online forum.Best of Luck buddy.
Re: Advice, He Was Invited For A Chat after a brave reply to the regret letter by Sike(m): 10:32pm On Nov 29, 2015
Smart move!
Re: Advice, He Was Invited For A Chat after a brave reply to the regret letter by jgbemson1: 10:35pm On Nov 29, 2015
well ,pls do go n showcase ur skills in person ..

just be humble n keep a smile on ur face.
Re: Advice, He Was Invited For A Chat after a brave reply to the regret letter by kunletoks(m): 10:36pm On Nov 29, 2015
Pls remove the HR's name in ur post. Wish u best of God.
Re: Advice, He Was Invited For A Chat after a brave reply to the regret letter by valencia25(m): 10:36pm On Nov 29, 2015
francizy:

This whole "end time" shît is already boring mehn... angry undecided
You sev use style type 'End Time'

Hence, the quoted and your own comment are both End Time comments. tongue

With Container and economy falling like Denrele, what else do you expect.

END TIMES!!!!! grin

Cc: Panzerfaust
Re: Advice, He Was Invited For A Chat after a brave reply to the regret letter by PHATE007(f): 10:37pm On Nov 29, 2015
Hmmmm I smell a positive turn around

BUT........

Guard ur self with the whole ARMOUR of God o... Make dem nor change am for ur eyes... Since na d season of #change we dey so *winks*

1 Like

Re: Advice, He Was Invited For A Chat after a brave reply to the regret letter by mrkels(m): 10:41pm On Nov 29, 2015
Hmmmmm.

I think I insulted price water house coopers when they sent me a regret mail in 2011. Can't really remember now, did their test online, did their physical test in lag all the way from warri, went for thei interview with the partners, did everything...stayed in hotels, paid for flight with borrowed money, one time I even slept in a bus in agofure park in lagos all because of them. And they sent me a regret mail. I cried that night. Only for me to realise that their pay was even less than 150k for a start.
Those people sha. I'm sure God saw my tears then and gave me something way better than that in terms of salary!

Anyways, lessons learnt, don't ever insult them when replying a regret mail, I'm sure those people blacklist or if u r lucky just ignore them.
Re: Advice, He Was Invited For A Chat after a brave reply to the regret letter by ruggedtimi(m): 10:48pm On Nov 29, 2015
for u to pick your CV
Re: Advice, He Was Invited For A Chat after a brave reply to the regret letter by barcaboi(m): 10:48pm On Nov 29, 2015
babeface3:
guess his anger gave him d job
Re: Advice, He Was Invited For A Chat after a brave reply to the regret letter by delishpot: 10:49pm On Nov 29, 2015
The HR guy prol,ly thought the OP decided to ask his CV be kept because he believed that the said company may need his qualification some day. Sounds Like yeah, I know I missed this one but still keep my cv so you can contact me when you have another opening. It sounds hopeful but not brave or angry to me.
Re: Advice, He Was Invited For A Chat after a brave reply to the regret letter by macklef(m): 10:55pm On Nov 29, 2015
Op, pls dnt forget to open a thread after the meeting with d HR.
E. G
How the HR of a company layed me on his desk n flogged me mercileessly.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Join Me To Thank God Oooooo. I Have Just Gotten A Job / Do You Think This CV Ok For A New Graduate / Bank Teller Job Or Customs (ISP-CADRE 6)?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.