Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,141 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:04 AM

Between Obafemi Martins And Yakubu Aiyegbeni:who Is Better? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Between Obafemi Martins And Yakubu Aiyegbeni:who Is Better? (2645 Views)

Checkout The Fabulous Life Of Obafemi Martins And How He Spends His Millions / Yakubu Aiyegbeni With His Wife & Daughters (Holiday Pictures) / Obafemi Martins And Girlfriend Welcome Son (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Between Obafemi Martins And Yakubu Aiyegbeni:who Is Better? by Posh(m): 3:13pm On Oct 18, 2006
Hello Nairalanders,considering the present form of Obagoal and Big Yaks,it is imperative to ask that question.Obagoal has not justified the huge amount spent on him by Newcatsle United and has not scored for thae national team in the last 2 matches while reverse is the case for Big Yaks,plz do not tell me that Obagoal still need time to get aquitted with the English League 'cos that time may never come.Methinks Big Yaks or John Utaka will be the hottest NIgerian stiker at present or na wetin una think.
Re: Between Obafemi Martins And Yakubu Aiyegbeni:who Is Better? by LoverBwoy(m): 4:57pm On Oct 18, 2006
Yak

Obafemi is always looking for the ball too deep and he's not creating space for himself to use his pace, just a runner really
Re: Between Obafemi Martins And Yakubu Aiyegbeni:who Is Better? by dehning(m): 5:11pm On Oct 18, 2006
it depends on the qualities u want from a striker.obafemi has pace than yakubu but yakubu has a better goal sense. both are strong physically. thats why i dont like them playing together in the super eagles also they are both left footed. dont worry obafemi will still score it is just that the mark left by shearer is too much for any to fill thats why he is under pressure.look at shevchenko and berbatov too
Re: Between Obafemi Martins And Yakubu Aiyegbeni:who Is Better? by CrazyMan(m): 7:30pm On Oct 18, 2006
Yakubu Aiyegbeni is far better than martins
and everyone knows that. unless that person just wants to argue
Re: Between Obafemi Martins And Yakubu Aiyegbeni:who Is Better? by nuggard(m): 6:59pm On Oct 23, 2006
I love arguing but not in this case. Martins can't dribble past a Pillar, he' s the most skill less player in Nigeria's squad,honestly.

Right from the nations cup I wasn't impressed. Admittedly I hadn't seen him play b4,but I was like wtf. Utaka is better playing with Yak, Martins is Just a toyota athlete in soccer boots.
Re: Between Obafemi Martins And Yakubu Aiyegbeni:who Is Better? by Jackal(m): 8:46pm On Oct 23, 2006
Obagoal and Yaks are the same thang.
Yak is slow like an armoured tank but has got a wonderful goal sense.
Martins is so fast that he sometimes run past the ball but his finishing needs more polish.
They kinda complement each other as what Yaks lack is what Obagoal has and vice versa.
On this note, its 50-50 btw the 2 strikers.
Re: Between Obafemi Martins And Yakubu Aiyegbeni:who Is Better? by shens2006(m): 8:56pm On Oct 23, 2006
they are both thieves grin grin grin
Re: Between Obafemi Martins And Yakubu Aiyegbeni:who Is Better? by Jackal(m): 8:58pm On Oct 23, 2006
Thieves?
I am sure you are in the wrong thread.
Re: Between Obafemi Martins And Yakubu Aiyegbeni:who Is Better? by kitaun(m): 9:32pm On Oct 24, 2006
@Jackal

Well said really, but i will choose Obagol before Yak because of his commitment to the cause of the team, Yak atimes looks so lazy and lost on the pitch and is too fond of the big-man syndrome usually affecting our players, moreso he feels to big to play for the nation unlike some very patriotic players that we have had in the past like Okwaraji. All said he has that goal sense sha cool but I will take Obagol before him
Re: Between Obafemi Martins And Yakubu Aiyegbeni:who Is Better? by amodu(m): 11:36am On Oct 25, 2006
Yakubu is better no doubt
Re: Between Obafemi Martins And Yakubu Aiyegbeni:who Is Better? by LoverBwoy(m): 4:53pm On Oct 25, 2006
kitaun
i dont think he's lazy, to me he plays like a striker, the midfielder work they goals for me I as a striker/forward i bang the ball in simple, thats why he seems like a lazy player he has strength and conserve his energy that way,use both feet and even heads ball

Obafemi playing for a team like newcastle currently has to work for the ball himself,they dont usually pass the ball to his feet and he is not exactly tall so he has to work harder cos they are not playing according to his style.

22years old hmm shocked
Re: Between Obafemi Martins And Yakubu Aiyegbeni:who Is Better? by IroroRoyal(f): 10:00am On Oct 26, 2006
Yak's cool cool
Re: Between Obafemi Martins And Yakubu Aiyegbeni:who Is Better? by hustler(m): 10:32pm On Oct 26, 2006
Really depends on wat qualities u r lookin 4 in both of em.Yak has got mo power and uses that to full effect in the premiership and scores a lot of goals too.and he's very good from the spot.

Oba on the other hand is quick and uses his pace to full effect when in the clear and is a good finisher too.I have seen him score spectacular goals for Internazionale.

i think Oba is in a team inferior to the one he left dats y he hasn't really started well.Ameobi is the worst strike partner he could have.He wouldn't even make the Enyimba team, lol,

But i think with the 2 goals he has scored, Yak still doesn't give his all to the national team when called upon, Maybe he's changed sha, Didn't see the Lesotho game only highlights.

I prefer Oba
Re: Between Obafemi Martins And Yakubu Aiyegbeni:who Is Better? by MP007(m): 5:24am On Jul 02, 2007
they both suck, no yekini no super striker in naija yet,
Re: Between Obafemi Martins And Yakubu Aiyegbeni:who Is Better? by MUZBO(m): 9:51pm On Jul 03, 2010
Had to wait 4 years to say Yakubu is total crap. . . or should I play Nigeria Vs S. korea(2010) 4 y'all?
Re: Between Obafemi Martins And Yakubu Aiyegbeni:who Is Better? by Iyineda(m): 11:02pm On Jul 03, 2010
Between the Yak and Martins? The Jabulani. It seems neither of those two so-called strikers can control it.
Re: Between Obafemi Martins And Yakubu Aiyegbeni:who Is Better? by Image123(m): 4:58pm On Jul 15, 2010
It's tough considering that this is not popular opinion at present, but I don't think Yakubu can/should be dumped as yet. He has no replacement. His goal sense is uncommon and unquestionable. There's no competition/tournament he goes for that he doesn't manage to score. It's just so easy for him to score, you don't dump those kind of players. His miss against s.korea was ridiculous but it happens. He's accused of non-commitment in the SE but who's not. Even Okocha, Kanu, Oliseh have been so accused. Same goes for Obi.
Re: Between Obafemi Martins And Yakubu Aiyegbeni:who Is Better? by route66(m): 5:35pm On Jul 15, 2010
Both Yakubu and Martins need to be replaced in my opinion. Eagles squad lacks a true talented striker.
Re: Between Obafemi Martins And Yakubu Aiyegbeni:who Is Better? by 12large: 5:52pm On Jul 15, 2010
no yakubu needs to be replaced, martins is still good.
Re: Between Obafemi Martins And Yakubu Aiyegbeni:who Is Better? by Beaf: 11:31pm On Jul 15, 2010
Forget those two, we should really be scouting in all villages etc for new strikers. 150 million people and we have only two dudes who can't score?
Re: Between Obafemi Martins And Yakubu Aiyegbeni:who Is Better? by Image123(m): 11:57am On Jul 16, 2010
Yes they need to be replaced, but by who? These are proven talents who can mess up world class defenders on a good day. Nigeria did not even have a 'midfield' at the world cup. Any new player can seem to play his heart out, just to get into the SE team and probably secure a better club for himself. Then they'll start ignoring national call ups. No be today. Unlike Yak or Martins who have shown raw and consistent performances at top clubs.
Re: Between Obafemi Martins And Yakubu Aiyegbeni:who Is Better? by Okijajuju1(m): 12:00pm On Jul 16, 2010
Martins definitely.

Yak!! Hmmm!! Useless both home and abroad.

(1) (Reply)

Joerex Sports Nigeria Limited In Lagos. / :) / Not confirmed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.