Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,896 members, 7,828,157 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:48 AM

To Be Born-again: 6 Practical Signs Of Repentance - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / To Be Born-again: 6 Practical Signs Of Repentance (16270 Views)

Born Again Lady, Sylvia Eguonor, Shares Before & After Photos / Former Prostitute Marks 3 Months Of Not Having Sex After Her Repentance. Photo / Born Again Lady Uses Knife To Cut Her Tattooed Hand After Using Hot Iron (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

To Be Born-again: 6 Practical Signs Of Repentance by iliyande(m): 11:35am On Nov 29, 2015
How do you know if you’re on the path of repentance? What does the penitent life look like? How can you tell if someone you love is really changing? People who are serious about change tend to display similar behaviors that let you know they are on the right track. Here are a few signs you’ll find in a truly repentant person:

Repentant people are willing to confess all their sins, not just the sins that got them in trouble.

A house isn’t clean until you open every closet and sweep every corner. People who truly desire to be clean are completely honest about their lives. No more secrets.

Repentant people face the pain that their sin caused others.

They invite the victims of their sin (anyone hurt by their actions) to express the intensity of emotions that they feel—anger, hurt, sorrow, and disappointment. Repentant people do not give excuses or shift blame. They made the choice to hurt others, and they must take full responsibility for their behavior.

Repentant people ask forgiveness from those they hurt.

They realize that they can never completely “pay off” the debt they owe their victims. Repentant people don’t pressure others to say, “I forgive you.” Forgiveness is a journey, and the other person needs time to deal with the hurt before they can forgive. All that penitent people can do is admit their indebtedness and humbly request the undeserved gift of forgiveness.

Repentant people remain accountable to a small group of mature Christians.

They gather a group of friends around themselves who hold them accountable to a plan for clean living. They invite the group to question them about their behaviors. And they follow the group’s recommendations regarding how to avoid temptation.

Repentant people accept their limitations.

They realize that the consequences of their sin (including the distrust) will last a long time, perhaps the rest of their lives. They understand that they may never enjoy the same freedom that other people enjoy. Sex offenders or child molesters, for example, should never be alone with children. Alcoholics must abstain from drinking. Adulterers must put strict limitations on their time with members of the opposite sex. That’s the reality of their situation, and they willingly accept their boundaries.

Repentant people are faithful to the daily tasks God has given them.

We serve a merciful God who delights in giving second chances. God offers repentant people a restored relationship with Him and a new plan for life.

Come, let us return to the Lord. He has torn us to pieces but he will heal us; he has injured us but he will bind up our wounds. After two days he will revive us; on the third day he will restore us, that we may live in his presence. (Hosea 6:1-2, emphasis added)

Cc:lalasticlala, ishilove

26 Likes 7 Shares

Re: To Be Born-again: 6 Practical Signs Of Repentance by Landforce1: 2:27pm On Nov 29, 2015
kissLawd! First to comment....
I dedicate this my FtC to my dad, my mom... My gf and all my Nairaland friends....
I love u guys kiss

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: To Be Born-again: 6 Practical Signs Of Repentance by temmyt20(m): 2:27pm On Nov 29, 2015
reading...
Re: To Be Born-again: 6 Practical Signs Of Repentance by free2ryhme: 2:27pm On Nov 29, 2015
Receive in your heart and confess jesus Christ as your lord and personal saviour and don't go back to your sins live a life of faith and acknowledge God in all that you do

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: To Be Born-again: 6 Practical Signs Of Repentance by Nobody: 2:27pm On Nov 29, 2015
I'm a born again...!
halleluyah somebody...

4 Likes

Re: To Be Born-again: 6 Practical Signs Of Repentance by Ezerbullet(m): 2:28pm On Nov 29, 2015
May God help us all to fulfill his Commandments

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: To Be Born-again: 6 Practical Signs Of Repentance by viktor01(m): 2:28pm On Nov 29, 2015
ok.
Re: To Be Born-again: 6 Practical Signs Of Repentance by Jics(m): 2:29pm On Nov 29, 2015
Re: To Be Born-again: 6 Practical Signs Of Repentance by kunzaar83(m): 2:29pm On Nov 29, 2015
Ok
Re: To Be Born-again: 6 Practical Signs Of Repentance by allanphash7(m): 2:30pm On Nov 29, 2015
End time born again
Re: To Be Born-again: 6 Practical Signs Of Repentance by Aristotle96(m): 2:31pm On Nov 29, 2015
It ain't easy but I pray God help me cry

3 Likes

Re: To Be Born-again: 6 Practical Signs Of Repentance by isaacprinz(m): 2:31pm On Nov 29, 2015
iliyande:
How do you know if you’re on the path of repentance? What does the penitent life look like? How can you tell if someone you love is really changing? People who are serious about change tend to display similar behaviors that let you know they are on the right track. Here are a few signs you’ll find in a truly repentant person:

Repentant people are willing to confess all their sins, not just the sins that got them in trouble.

A house isn’t clean until you open every closet and sweep every corner. People who truly desire to be clean are completely honest about their lives. No more secrets.

They invite the victims of their sin (anyone hurt by their actions) to express the intensity of emotions that they feel—anger, hurt, sorrow, and disappointment. Repentant people do not give excuses or shift blame. They made the choice to hurt others, and they must take full responsibility for their behavior.

They realize that they can never completely “pay off” the debt they owe their victims. Repentant people don’t pressure others to say, “I forgive you.” Forgiveness is a journey, and the other person needs time to deal with the hurt before they can forgive. All that penitent people can do is admit their indebtedness and humbly request the undeserved gift of forgiveness.

They gather a group of friends around themselves who hold them accountable to a plan for clean living. They invite the group to question them about their behaviors. And they follow the group’s recommendations regarding how to avoid temptation.
The lord is our strenght ftc I feel horrible huh

They realize that the consequences of their sin (including the distrust) will last a long time, perhaps the rest of their lives. They understand that they may never enjoy the same freedom that other people enjoy. Sex offenders or child molesters, for example, should never be alone with children. Alcoholics must abstain from drinking. Adulterers must put strict limitations on their time with members of the opposite sex. That’s the reality of their situation, and they willingly accept their boundaries.

We serve a merciful God who delights in giving second chances. God offers repentant people a restored relationship with Him and a new plan for life.

Come, let us return to the Lord. He has torn us to pieces but he will heal us; he has injured us but he will bind up our wounds. After two days he will revive us; on the third day he will restore us, that we may live in his presence. (Hosea 6:1-2, emphasis added)

Re: To Be Born-again: 6 Practical Signs Of Repentance by datguru: 2:32pm On Nov 29, 2015
Ok
Re: To Be Born-again: 6 Practical Signs Of Repentance by Titto93(m): 2:35pm On Nov 29, 2015
Ezerbullet:
May God help us all to fulfill his Commandments

Amen

1 Like

Re: To Be Born-again: 6 Practical Signs Of Repentance by adedam007(m): 2:35pm On Nov 29, 2015
Re: To Be Born-again: 6 Practical Signs Of Repentance by romzyxy(m): 2:40pm On Nov 29, 2015
Nice write up about repentance.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: To Be Born-again: 6 Practical Signs Of Repentance by princessdami: 2:40pm On Nov 29, 2015
Hmm
Re: To Be Born-again: 6 Practical Signs Of Repentance by Highcuerayte: 2:41pm On Nov 29, 2015
iliyande:

Nice one bro. Keep it up

Meanwhile Mr vooks, don't you demand scripture from this writer too? Or you believe without the scriptures too
Re: To Be Born-again: 6 Practical Signs Of Repentance by Tycoflu(m): 2:42pm On Nov 29, 2015
Landforce1:
kissLawd! First to comment....
I dedicate this my FtC to my dad, my mom... My gf and all my Nairaland friends....
I love u guys kiss

how you go carry gf/fornication talk join repentance thread? You come include hustle for FTC join. Bros. fear God now.

1 Like

Re: To Be Born-again: 6 Practical Signs Of Repentance by Dindondin(m): 2:45pm On Nov 29, 2015
All I. know is its not easy to be. a Christian
Re: To Be Born-again: 6 Practical Signs Of Repentance by Pianoman1(m): 2:45pm On Nov 29, 2015
ok
Re: To Be Born-again: 6 Practical Signs Of Repentance by justicejay(m): 2:46pm On Nov 29, 2015
k
Re: To Be Born-again: 6 Practical Signs Of Repentance by cold(m): 2:50pm On Nov 29, 2015
Cool story

Re: To Be Born-again: 6 Practical Signs Of Repentance by Nobody: 2:53pm On Nov 29, 2015
A good person is naturally good. Not due to a god.

1 Like

Re: To Be Born-again: 6 Practical Signs Of Repentance by emerged01(m): 2:54pm On Nov 29, 2015
Hmmm,God help me live to please you

2 Likes

Re: To Be Born-again: 6 Practical Signs Of Repentance by Godsate: 2:56pm On Nov 29, 2015
Thank God! I'm a true child of God and I have the Holy Spirit of the living God of love in me. And you ?

Jesus is Lord !

1 Like

Re: To Be Born-again: 6 Practical Signs Of Repentance by Godsate: 3:05pm On Nov 29, 2015
1feness:
A good person is naturally good. Not due to a god.

Natural goodness can't take you to the kingdom of God. It's the Presense of Holy Spirit in you that make's you perfect. When you are in Christ and The Christ is in you, your righteousness will no longer be like a filty rag in God's presense. When God look at you He sees Jesus Christ.

Life without Christ is life without Holy Spirit and life without Holy Spirit is like a mobile phone without SIM card.

1 Like

Re: To Be Born-again: 6 Practical Signs Of Repentance by Godsate: 3:08pm On Nov 29, 2015
Dindondin:
All I. know is its not easy to be. a Christian

It's very easy to be christian. Just give your life to God through Christ Jesus genuinely and allow holy Spirit to take control.

2 Likes

Re: To Be Born-again: 6 Practical Signs Of Repentance by danowena: 3:08pm On Nov 29, 2015
wink Do repentant people have to restitute?
Re: To Be Born-again: 6 Practical Signs Of Repentance by Dekatron(m): 3:11pm On Nov 29, 2015
Wow!! Interesting

do good & live for humanity. Be law abiding and do the right thing. . . . Because when you die, you die. . . Cos :- God does not exist

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. / Why Was Mary Chosen To Birth Jesus Christ? / Has Mr. Seun Osewa Gone To Church Before

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.