Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,038 members, 7,810,844 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:50 PM

Driver with an attitude - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Driver with an attitude (2932 Views)

Can A Driver With Learners Permit Drive On Highway And Expressway / Bounce Exclusive: Meet Arafat, The Danfo Driver With One Leg (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Driver with an attitude by nnamdibig(m): 12:50pm On Nov 29, 2015
Am on my way to Lagos and this is what our driver is doing between onitsha & asaba

Re: Driver with an attitude by Nobody: 1:17pm On Nov 29, 2015
So what? You obviously didn't care, since you were more concerned with taking a picture of the instrument cluster indicating 170 km/h, showing a blatant disregard for human life.

What do you want Nairaland subscribers to do?

3 Likes

Re: Driver with an attitude by Nobody: 2:35pm On Nov 29, 2015
Mr Siena Pls help me ask the useless mofo. instead of him to caution the driver to reduce his speed cos we are in the ember months but no he's busy taking pics to prove what. So we should hail the driver or what.

1 Like

Re: Driver with an attitude by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:48pm On Nov 29, 2015
OP is a suicidal idiot. angry
Re: Driver with an attitude by nnamdibig(m): 3:11pm On Nov 29, 2015
Chai, see names oooo, I was actually trying to show you guys how some drivers are putting people's life in danger. Everybody in the bus was quarreling with the driver & he was not listening.
The driver actually reduced after noticing that I took the picture.

1 Like

Re: Driver with an attitude by abatically(m): 3:26pm On Nov 29, 2015
If my guess is right that is a toyota sienna. Doing that speed on a mini van is stupid especially when it is a transport vehicle. If it were a personal vehicle it would have been a bit fair. I myself traveled from Lagos to owerri last week for a wedding and my top speed was 140km/hr in my 05 accord. Not that i can't go beyond that, but because I had my family in my car and I didn't see any reason to go beyond that.

2 Likes

Re: Driver with an attitude by Denn(m): 3:28pm On Nov 29, 2015
nnamdibig:
Chai, see names oooo, I was actually trying to show you guys how some drivers are putting people's life in danger. Everybody in the bus was quarreling with the driver & he was not listening.
The driver actually reduced after noticing that I took the picture.

So it was a bus doing over 170kmph?

You are lucky to be alive.

1 Like

Re: Driver with an attitude by DGD1(m): 4:58pm On Nov 29, 2015
Hummer bus doing 170kph,
not just the driver needs psychiatric test, OP self should do the test.
imagine dat fragile bus dat burst to flames easily also easily tumbles doing well above 140kmp and all you could think about was to snap den post for us in nairaland. smh 4 u

I do say it, wen a commercial bus crash as a result of overspeeding, d passengers share a larger portion of d blame not driver
Re: Driver with an attitude by nnamdibig(m): 5:53pm On Nov 29, 2015
Seriously I don't know the reason for the name calling.....Yes it's a Toyota hummer bus & it's very risky especially on the kind of road we are on. you guys need to see how the passengers were attacking the driver. The drive reduced the speed when the man beside me(directly behind the driver) started calling his manager & he looked & saw me taking the picture. If some of you can't comprehend what I just wrote, you can continue with your name calling.

1 Like

Re: Driver with an attitude by colossus2: 9:49pm On Nov 29, 2015
Dangerous
Re: Driver with an attitude by Nobody: 10:08pm On Nov 29, 2015
nnamdibig:
Am on my way to Lagos and this is what our driver is doing between onitsha & asaba

First of all, that driver needs to be stripped of his drivers license. I mean how can he be doing that speed in a hummer bus filled with passengers? This is how silly accidents occur on our ways and we keep blaming the government.

Second of all, op do u really know whatt u are saying? I don't see anywhere between Onitsha and asaba where this speed can be attained. Shey na for Niger bridge he want reach the speed? Or inside the city of Onitsha?
Re: Driver with an attitude by kingreign(m): 10:30pm On Nov 29, 2015
abatically:
If my guess is right that is a toyota sienna. Doing that speed on a mini van is stupid especially when it is a transport vehicle. If it were a personal vehicle it would have been a bit fair. I myself traveled from Lagos to owerri last week for a wedding and my top speed was 140km/hr in my 05 accord. Not that i can't go beyond that, but because I had my family in my car and I didn't see any reason to go beyond that.

That's a Toyota hiace 2.7l i4. Its actually the OP who took the picture judging from the camera angle and position.
Its very risky to try this.
Re: Driver with an attitude by sholarb(m): 10:56pm On Nov 29, 2015
Stupid driver...casually holding the steering at such dangerous speed.
Re: Driver with an attitude by nnamdibig(m): 1:08am On Nov 30, 2015
greenhulk:

First of all, that driver needs to be stripped of his drivers license. I mean how can he be doing that speed in a hummer bus filled with passengers? This is how silly accidents occur on our ways and we keep blaming the government.

Second of all, op do u really know whatt u are saying? I don't see anywhere between Onitsha and asaba where this speed can be attained. Shey na for Niger bridge he want reach the speed? Or inside the city of Onitsha?

My brother it was after the Niger bridge heading to that NNPC mega station. You know how busy the road can be. It's was not funny I tell you.

1 Like

Re: Driver with an attitude by nnamdibig(m): 1:14am On Nov 30, 2015
kingreign:

That's a Toyota hiace 2.7l i4. Its actually the OP who took the picture judging from the camera angle and position.
Its very risky to try this.
Yeah I took the picture when the man beside me started calling the manager.
Re: Driver with an attitude by billy187(m): 6:39am On Nov 30, 2015
I think Op did well to post this...you never know how far social media can go.

But then 170km/h? I never knew Hiaces were THAT fast! I can say for a fact the driver didnt own the van.
Re: Driver with an attitude by DaimlerBen(m): 2:30pm On Nov 30, 2015
Two words, "Faulty Speedometer." He may have been fast, but there's no way a Hiace can do that, at least, not the types I know that're imported to Nigeria.
Re: Driver with an attitude by Nobody: 2:32pm On Nov 30, 2015
nnamdibig:

My brother it was after the Niger bridge heading to that NNPC mega station. You know how busy the road can be. It's was not funny I tell you.

That's no longer between Onitsha and asaba. It's asaba- benin expressway. And mere looking at the topic it doesn't sound like u were worried about the speed. It looked like u were enjoying it ha ha.

1 Like

Re: Driver with an attitude by DGD1(m): 3:56pm On Nov 30, 2015
greenhulk:

That's no longer between Onitsha and asaba. It's asaba- benin expressway. And mere looking at the topic it doesn't sound like u were worried about the speed. It looked like u were enjoying it ha ha.

it's after he was bashed dat he was now feeling remorse.
he was expecting us to be praising him and hailing the driver, bt was shocked

2 Likes

Re: Driver with an attitude by DGD1(m): 4:06pm On Nov 30, 2015
DaimlerBen:
Two words, "Faulty Speedometer." He may have been fast, but there's no way a Hiace can do that, at least, not the types I know that're imported to Nigeria.

sir, it is very possible!
I have driven a hiace ( not hummer bus), reached 200km/hr on several occasions. the speedometer was upto 220km/hr. just 2 of us in d bus.
this model is AWD, shorter inn length , engine in front (as in the engine is not under the driver seat). that model is stronger and balance well than the hummer bus.
Re: Driver with an attitude by nnamdibig(m): 5:29pm On Nov 30, 2015
DGD1:

sir, it is very possible!
I have driven a hiace ( not hummer bus), reached 200km/hr on several occasions. the speedometer was upto 220km/hr. just 2 of us in d bus.
this model is AWD, shorter inn length , engine in front (as in the engine is not under the driver seat). that model is stronger and balance well than the hummer bus.

Hope you went for psychiatric test after that as you recommended?
You actually think that name calling on a faceless forum will make me feel remorse? For what if I may ask? And I want you to praise me for something that is clear I was not the one that did it?
You seriously have issues walahi.
Re: Driver with an attitude by Nobody: 5:50pm On Nov 30, 2015
This is just 100mph, not really earth shattering fast BUT in a flimsy commercial bus and with paying passenger it's insanity.

I blame all the able bodied men in that vehicle for allowing this to happen. They are complete asshats.
Re: Driver with an attitude by DGD1(m): 6:01pm On Nov 30, 2015
nnamdibig:

Hope you went for psychiatric test after that as you recommended?
You actually think that name calling on a faceless forum will make me feel remorse? For what if I may ask? And I want you to praise me for something that is clear I was not the one that did it?
You seriously have issues walahi.

heheheehee
I laugh in hispanics,
check my contribution to that thread that talked about fastest speed, I stated it there. am a speed maniac, I know, though I have people I fear in that thread.
ur scenario is pathetic,
1. commercial bus(@ least 14 souls on board)
2. most of this commercial operators cut corners (even airline)
3. u don't know the driver.
4. it is a HUMMER BUS!!! for crying out loud
if it was your private car or a commercial car I would have hailed you but advice you to take it easy.

see what someone else said, read d last part of tge comment again
EgunMogaji:
This is just 100mph, not really earth shattering fast BUT in a flimsy commercial bus and with paying passenger it's insanity.

I blame all the able bodied men in that vehicle for allowing this to happen. They are complete asshats.
Re: Driver with an attitude by nnamdibig(m): 6:13pm On Nov 30, 2015
EgunMogaji:

May be you expected the "able bodied" men to beat the driver up or what? Please explain. To my own understanding, they did what they should have done myself included........Cautioning him seriously & also reporting him to his boss and the picture you are seeing was used as evident.
Re: Driver with an attitude by nnamdibig(m): 6:29pm On Nov 30, 2015
DGD1:

heheheehee
I laugh in hispanics,
check my contribution to that thread that talked about fastest speed, I stated it there. am a speed maniac, I know, though I have people I fear in that thread.
ur scenario is pathetic,
1. commercial bus(@ least 14 souls on board)
2. most of this commercial operators cut corners (even airline)
3. u don't know the driver.
4. it is a HUMMER BUS!!! for crying out loud
if it was your private car or a commercial car I would have hailed you but advice you to take it easy.

see what someone else said, read d last part of tge comment again

My brother, whatever you thinks.
But the main purpose of this thread was never to be praised or for driver that almost recked my life to be praised. The main reason was for you guys to see the extent some people can go in putting other people's life in danger without him knowing what he was doing. Like someone said earlier, at that speed, look at how he was even holding the steering. Am telling you that people in that bus yesterday thought that driver a lesson he will never forget soon.
But like I said, whatever you thinks
Re: Driver with an attitude by Nobody: 8:34pm On Nov 30, 2015
nnamdibig:

May be you expected the "able bodied" men to beat the driver up or what? Please explain. To my own understanding, they did what they should have done myself included........Cautioning him seriously & also reporting him to his boss and the picture you are seeing was used as evident.

I say again, all of you are asshats.
Re: Driver with an attitude by nnamdibig(m): 8:39pm On Nov 30, 2015
EgunMogaji:

I say again, all of you are asshats.
Ok bro!
Re: Driver with an attitude by Nobody: 8:53pm On Nov 30, 2015
nnamdibig:

Ok bro!

If yah have a death wish at least consider the women and children and innocent travelers on the road.

If you aren't such an asshat you wouldn't have had time to take a pic because you'll be busy doing stuff like knocking the gearshift into neutral.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Driver with an attitude by nnamdibig(m): 8:57pm On Nov 30, 2015
EgunMogaji:

If yah have a death wish at least consider the women and children and innocent travelers on the road.

If you aren't such an asshat you wouldn't have had time to take a pic because you'll be busy doing stuff like knocking the gearshift into neutral.

Ok sir
Re: Driver with an attitude by Nobody: 9:18pm On Nov 30, 2015
nnamdibig:

Ok sir

Much better salutation this time because I'm not your "bro".
Re: Driver with an attitude by colossus2: 9:33pm On Nov 30, 2015
EgunMogaji:

Nairaland grin grin grin grin grin
Happy birthday cheesy
Re: Driver with an attitude by nnamdibig(m): 9:34pm On Nov 30, 2015
EgunMogaji:

Ok sir

(1) (2) (Reply)

Rigister Renault Logan 800k / Range Rover / BMW R1200RT-P Rear Brake Disc Replacement (PICS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.