Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,026 members, 7,810,831 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:30 PM

Driver with an attitude - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Driver with an attitude (2931 Views)

Can A Driver With Learners Permit Drive On Highway And Expressway / Bounce Exclusive: Meet Arafat, The Danfo Driver With One Leg (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Driver with an attitude by DGD1(m): 10:50pm On Nov 30, 2015
Oga EgunMogaji don vex
Re: Driver with an attitude by billy187(m): 11:23am On Dec 01, 2015
EgunMogaji:

If yah have a death wish at least consider the women and children and innocent travelers on the road.

If you aren't such an asshat you wouldn't have had time to take a pic because you'll be busy doing stuff like knocking the gearshift into neutral.

Manipulating the gearshift of a hyperactive, amphetamine hopped up driver at 170km/h = a distracted, hyperactive aphetamine hopped up driver at 170km/h

such genius can NEVER lead to a horrific accident grin
Re: Driver with an attitude by Nobody: 1:27pm On Dec 01, 2015
billy187:

Manipulating the gearshift of a hyperactive, amphetamine hopped up driver at 170km/h = a distracted, hyperactive aphetamine hopped up driver at 170km/h

Continue to make idiotic excuses.

So the vehicle is powered by a nuclear reactor and just leapt from 0 to 160mph?

I'm pretty sure there were opportunities that presented itself during this insane demonstration.

Continue to allow this driver to drive Nigerians to early graves.
Re: Driver with an attitude by redcliff: 10:15am On Dec 06, 2015
abatically:
If my guess is right that is a toyota sienna. Doing that speed on a mini van is stupid especially when it is a transport vehicle. If it were a personal vehicle it would have been a bit fair. I myself traveled from Lagos to owerri last week for a wedding and my top speed was 140km/hr in my 05 accord. Not that i can't go beyond that, but because I had my family in my car and I didn't see any reason to go beyond that.

Although you were being very thoughtful, i still think 140 is too high especially with the fam in the car
Re: Driver with an attitude by Nobody: 11:48am On Dec 06, 2015
billy187:

Knocking the gear lever into neutral will simply cause the car's speed to drop off. It's not the same as engaging P in an automatic.

The chances of an RTA are greater if a minivan is pushed to higher than acceptable speeds, than if neutral was selected at the same speed.
Re: Driver with an attitude by billy187(m): 1:51pm On Dec 06, 2015
Siena:

Knocking the gear lever into neutral will simply cause the car's speed to drop off. It's not the same as engaging P in an automatic.

The chances of an RTA are greater if a minivan is pushed to higher than acceptable speeds, than if neutral was selected at the same speed.

Certainly- I have no contradicting sentiments with the mechanical feasibility- however the very physical interference involved and its distractive implications are what I worry about.
Re: Driver with an attitude by nnamdibig(m): 3:58pm On Dec 06, 2015
billy187:

Certainly- I have no contradicting sentiments with the mechanical feasibility- however the very physical interference involved and its distractive implications are what I worry about.

May be he was thinking we are acting the final version of Fast & Furious not minding what could have to the passengers if the steering is disturbed.
Forgetting we were dealing with a very reluctant & arrogant driver that is on a very high speed.
Re: Driver with an attitude by Nobody: 1:15am On Dec 07, 2015
billy187:

So instead you sit there taking pictures while the driver continues at 160 mph?

Okay then.
Re: Driver with an attitude by Nobody: 1:16am On Dec 07, 2015
nnamdibig:

May be he was thinking we are acting the final version of Fast & Furious not minding what could have to the passengers if the steering is disturbed.
Forgetting we were dealing with a very reluctant & arrogant driver that is on a very high speed.

So the steering wheel and gearshift are not exclusive of each other?
Re: Driver with an attitude by nakoks(m): 6:04am On Dec 09, 2015
Let me share my experience in a commercial bus 5 years ago.That was the last time i was ever in one and God willing it would remain that way.

I was returning to my official base in Asaba after a Sallah break in lagos.Left my car in Lagos and decided to take commercial transport .We took off from jibowu and i immediately noticed the driver was on a death wish.Mad revving,acceleration and manoeuvres you could only imagine.I was at the rear so didn't bother with speedometer reading as I could feel the speed myself.By the time we left toll gate it was out of hand,we started shouting and the driver ignored.At sagamu I yelled i wanted to get down that i wasn't traveling again(was planning to go back and pick my car before some lunatic killed me) passengers and bystanders started appealing and after heated bashing of the driver I continued the journey on assurance of sanity.We did 90km/hr max from sagamu to onitsha and arrived safely at past 4pm(left lagos at 7am).Better safe than late and thereafter i vowed to drive myself or fly and 5 years down no inter state commercial bus for me.
Re: Driver with an attitude by lonelydora: 6:09am On Dec 09, 2015
Op, you have no regard for human life. A commercial bus doing 170km/h and you are happy taking pictures.

Take your God that you are alive to post this on Car talk.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Please How Fuel Efficient Is BMW 325i, 4 Cylinder Engine / Rigister Renault Logan 800k / Range Rover

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.