Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,268 members, 7,815,450 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:38 PM

How To Grow As A Child Of God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How To Grow As A Child Of God (607 Views)

Is It A Sacrilege To Name A Child "JESUS"? / How To Grow As A Christian / Can A Child Of God Involve In Mmm, Betting Or Lottery? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Grow As A Child Of God by Jetjacky(m): 1:58pm On Nov 29, 2015
I remember last Sunday about crossing a topic that discussed how a Christian should read his bible, although this person had a point, I have to expatiate on what he said.

First I would like to ask you all the same question I asked my junior siblings last week. Why do you read the bible? And why are you a christain?

If someone asks you, an unbeliever perhaps, or if the devil decides to tempt you as he tempted Jesus, and he targets your root in Christianity by asking this simple question, why are you a Christian, what would be your answer?

My sister (junior) said, so she could make heaven. my junior brother could not answer this simple question, despite pondering on the matter.

Truth be told most Christian have no idea why they're who they are. This is why most easily fall from the faith, or do what they are doing today to shame christain race.

Ask yourself.

I know why I'm a Christian, and that is what drives me on even when my pairs in live are frolicking in sin, (things we term immoral, and some we term inappropriate in the time frame we wish to do the did).

And the same happens to every one that knows why he is a Christian, it would make when Satan uses the things of life, both uprising and down rising of situation to tempt you, you won't waiver.

So why are you a christain? Is it so you could escape the damnation that is to come, to make heaven. Or is it because many are doing the same, most of your pairs have the tag Christian on their head. Is that why?

When you've answered this question, let's move to the second.

Why do you read the scripture (the holy bible)?

Jesus told us we should listen to his words and apply them in our life. When you as a christain or an unbeliever reads the Bible, it is the reason why you read the bible that would determine what you get from it. If yours is to read it as a story, well when you're done you would still remain you, if you're the one that wants to read it to find faults, believe me you would find that, because the Bible doesn't come to pretend, it pours out the honest truth that would both hurt a christain and non christain.

Remember the bible is a mirror that shows you who you are, there is a portion for everyone in the bible, both the little sinner, the serious christain, the worldly christain, the true christain, the unbeliever. Which ever category you're in the bible has truth to tell you, which aims at making you a better human being, and a child of God.

THE BEST WAY TO READ THE BIBLE FOR ALL.

Next time you pick a bible to read. Have this objective in heart: I want go be a better person in live, i want to read to understand how to live a good christain life.

The above is for all, whether a christain or not, whether you're what they now call aspiring christain or not. Whether you support religion or not. Read it this way.

STEPS TO AN EFFECTIVE READING.

1) open the bible deliberately, and having the above in mind read a chapter of your choice, flowingly and uninterruptedly(meaning don't stop to pounder or get distracted). I prefer the new testament, for that deals with the grace and the new method of serving God. You can ask me for expatiation.

2) now you're done, reflect on the passage with this question on mind: what are the things this passage is telling me to do and not do as a Christian. Reflect on it thoroughly, if its the new testament, and Jesus is speaking or taking an action, look at it from his view and ask that question, look at it from the people he is admonishing and ask that same question.

3). Now you know what the passage opened your eyes to. Pray. Pray about the passage and what you want God to do for you on that passage. Now invite him, invite his presence, and anointing. Most especially invite the holy spirit. We know we sin one way or the other. And those of us who have the holy spirit in us, this would cause his voice in us to dull, and in no time he would depart from us. That's why its important to invite him in, every time and ask him to direct you, why doing this, you must be serious and determined to listen to him when he speaks. He is the only way you can be able to observe all the instruction giving to us by God. Because we all know that since the days of Adam man has been begatted in sin. This is why it is imperative for us to allow the spirit to lead us. He does this either by speaking to us, if you've that grace, or via your conscience, instinct and dreams. If we listen we would die to our fleshy overwhelming desire, and become more goodly. Besides no be good people way everybody want now?

Plus there is a joy and peace that comes with this obedience that makes us feel complete at that moment. Have you ever felt it? Like you know inside you that you did the right thing.

4) and now is the next important thing, for the soul sake. This is called the quiet time, or meditation. This is when you allow the word of God you read to settle down within you. You keep calm in this moment, close your eyes and ask God to reveal to you his wishes. What you should be doing with your eyes close, is to let the word of God settle in you, then you begin to cross check your life with his word. You branch far and near in his word and your life, notice what he has done for you, and the mistakes you've made. You could play a christain music while you do this to aid your meditation.

Please for your tight schedules read your Bible morning and night, and meditate on it, ponder on it on every leisure time you've. And each situation you face, or rather as you face the day, ask yourself what would Christ want me to do in this situation, and surely by his grace, you would grow to be a good christain and a good person. Have a nice day, and may God bless you and your journey as a christain. Amen

To the mods.
For the sake of building morals and restoring certainty to the human rase, I believe this should be pushed to ftp in other for more people to locate this post and get enlightened.

Cc: mods. Mynd44, OAMJ4, Lalasticlacla, Emismith, nobody

(1) (Reply)

If Jesus Christ Were Here Today In Nigeria / If God Exists. / 50 Life Lessons Advice From An 80 Year Old Man.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.