Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,216 members, 7,818,730 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:18 PM

Sossica (A Must Read Mystery) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Sossica (A Must Read Mystery) (1464 Views)

A Dread In The Spine ( A Mystery Novel By Akintayo Akinjide) / The Last 12 Hours (A Short Romance Mystery Story By Kayode Odusanya) / Fear (Mystery) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sossica (A Must Read Mystery) by yrret: 9:52am On Nov 30, 2015
All rights reserved. No part of this book may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, including photocopying, recording, or by any information storage and retrieval system, without permission in writing from the publisher.
The characters and events portrayed in this book are fictitious. Any similarity to real persons, living or dead, or events, is coincidental and not intended by the author.

CHAPTER ONE

The clouds hung heavy, easily and quickly making night of day, while a powerful wind bent trees out of its way, snapped at the trunk a few others that were not so flexible and pulled yet others off the ground. The atmosphere was dark and forbidding, as if warning of the evil to come.
In the city of Zilus, there was pandemonium, inhabitants running helter-skelter, confused as to what to do and where to run to. Meanwhile, in the labour room of the city’s only hospital a pregnant woman was in difficult labour, while her anxious husband waited at the reception nervous and on edge, desperate for any news about his wife's condition.
“Woman, push! Push!! Push!!!’’ the doctor and nurses shouted at his wife. “The baby is coming,” said the doctor. The more the woman screamed as she did the doctor's biddings, the more violently the elements raged outside, destroying properties in the city.
The violent turnaround of events, contrary to expectations, climaxed with the birth of a child, a birth marking the beginning of many disaster. The woman smiled in relief when she saw the beautiful reward for her ordeal. But the smile quickly became a gasp of anguish as strength failed her. In an instant, she was dead. At the reception, overcome by hours of anxiety, the heart of her husband gave out. The poor man did not recover. He did not even live long enough to see his baby.
Back at the labour room, the doctor lost use of his eyes and began shouting for help. The nurses, hearing him, ran out of the theatre, and then out of the hospital, in pure undiluted terror. Other nurses and patients, seeing them, did not wait to find out what was pursuing them and took to their heels.
Meanwhile, the baby girl was still on the delivery bed beside her stone-cold mother. She was covered with blood and her umbilical cord had not been cut. Nevertheless, she did not appear to be deterred and surveyed the theatre in obvious admiration, smiling at the light and noises of the computer sets she seemed to be observing.
In the middle of all these emerged a strange and well-worn old woman. She was dressed in tatters with her footwear made of old crafted wood. Her face took on the form of a monkey. Her eyes were dark and evil and fearful to look at.
Holding a walking stick in her right hand, her steps slow and unhurried, she walked towards the theatre where the baby was. Reaching there, she opened the door in a clumsy manner and went in. She dropped her stick at the neck of the baby, brought out a small piece of wood from the folds of her clothes. It was painted black and red. She uttered some incantations, and with the stick, cut the umbilical cord.
She lifted the child above her head and thanked the gods for the gift of a baby girl. ‘‘And this baby,’’ she said in a quivering voice, ‘‘shall be the mystery of after-death. Her name shall be called Sossica!’’ Immediately she christened her, thunder struck and lightning went out from her eyes and into the baby's. The baby burst into tears.

Striber had heard that his sister was in labour but had been tied up at the time. Now he rushed to the hospital to find out how she was doing. When he got there, he was immediately struck by the silence, like that of a place that had been abandoned. He found no one at the reception, and gave a start when he saw the dead body of his brother in-law where it lay crumpled beside a chair. With disbelieving eyes, he walked slowly towards the body. He got to it and stared at it for a while, attentive for the faintest sign of life. Reluctantly, he lifted his in-law’s hand and watched it fall down freely. His alarm over his brother in-law’s health finally overcoming his dread, he put an ear to the chest of what he now reluctantly began to accept was a corpse. It was cold and lifeless. Feeling totally numb, he slowly got up. Then he was startled by the cry of a baby. Remembering why he had come, he rushed in the direction of the sound.
When he got there, he met the doors open, saw a man at the corner shouting: “Help! Please help!! My eyes, I can't see”. It was the doctor. Striber was scared. He did not understand what was going on. Cautiously, he advanced towards the baby. Meanwhile, the old woman had long disappeared at his approach; so he did not meet her. He saw his sister staring sightlessly at the ceiling and knew that death had also visited her. He became even more afraid, the violent wind adding to the atmosphere of terror. “This is really weird,” he whispered.
Tentatively, he touched the baby. Immediately a mighty wind blowing from the opposite direction shattered the glass window. He snatched up the baby and ran out of the hospital not sparing a thought for his sister and her husband whom, he decided, were beyond redemption.
Running in bursts and fits, ignoring the searing pain in his chest, paying little heed to the carpenter driving a nail through his unexercised bones, the distinct ache in the arms which carried the baby, trotting when running became impossible, always casting a fearful eye behind him with his breath coming out in puffs and wheezes, it would have been easy for an observer to think that he was running from a tiger.
He and his wife had come to the city just that morning to visit his sister, Jessica, only to hear that she was in labour and had been rushed to the hospital. He had received the news with happiness. But, inevitably, it had been a happiness tampered with anxiety. He knew that childbirth could be tricky. Now he knew just how tricky, and certainly how fatal.
“Annabel! Annabel! Annabel!’’ he yelled the name of his wife. ‘‘Get your things back into the car and let's go!’’
‘‘What happened?’’ his wife asked him, coming out of the house. Then she saw him with the baby, and a million questions poured forth from her eyes.
‘‘Just get our things and let us go. What my eyes have seen today my mouth cannot say,” he said with quiet urgency.
She stole a look at the sky and, without another word, turned back into the house and did as told. Fortunately, many of their things were still in their bags. In a few minutes, they got into the car and headed the car in the direction they had come from.
Meanwhile, behind them and unknown to them, the elements seemed to make a pact of peace as soon as they left the city with its mysterious cargo. The clouds rolled back their sheets of darkness and surrendered the sky once more to the good old sun, while the wild wind quietly slipped into its secret hiding place.
About three hours later, the couple finally got to their home. As soon as her husband killed the engine at their driveway, Annabel rushed off the questions that had been burning her tongue: “Honey, what is the matter? Why did you rush us out of the city like that? Why did we not see the people we had gone to the city to visit? Why were you driving like a maniac? And whose baby is this?”
Striber was still in a daze. “Darling, you ask too many questions,’’ he grumbled. ‘‘Well, I will answer them. But please let us go in first.”
‘‘Okay,’’ she said, ‘‘but at least answer this one question now: who is this baby?’’
Her husband saw the troubled look in her eyes and relented. ‘‘Darling, I have not cheated on you, I assure you. Let us go in and I will tell you all you need to know.’’ Annabel breathed her relief and picked up the baby from the car seat. They all went inside the house.
That night Striber could neither sleep nor could he keep his promise to his wife who, in frustration, slept off after trying in vain for hours to get him to talk to her. Eventually, overcome by exhaustion, he drifted off into a tortured sleep. He had a dream. The baby was digging the earth with her bare hands. It was a very big grave, like one in which something very big was to be buried. When the baby saw him coming, she disappeared. Striber woke up in a sweat. As he cast a suspicious eye at the air-conditioner, he could tell that it was working perfectly.
Striber woke up his wife and told her all that had happened, ending his narrative with the dream. Annabel had known that all was not well but was shocked to find out just how bad things were. However, in spite of what she now knew, she could not bring herself to believe that the child was evil. She got up from bed and went to check on the baby, wondering if the information her husband had given her would open up a hidden ‘eye’ with which she could look at her.
The baby lay peacefully and innocently in the bed they had made for her.
Re: Sossica (A Must Read Mystery) by yrret: 10:03am On Nov 30, 2015
CHAPTER TWO

Early the next morning Annabel gave the baby a bath and dressed her up. Striber emerged from their bedroom. He seemed much better. He was about to go out for an engagement and met his wife grooming the baby. He picked her up. “Baby, how are you today? Fine b-a-by,’’ he cooed. Then he turned to his wife. ‘‘Darling, what do you suggest we call her?”
Annabel paused for a while. “I think we should name her Catherine,’’ she said. ‘‘Or what do you think?”
“Cathe-rine!’’ her husband pronounced slowly, as if trying it on his tongue. ‘‘Hmm . . . nice name. But isn’t it rather common? Let us think of something different, something unique. Okay here is an idea . . . her dad's name was Sortie while her mother's was Jessica. Why don’t we combine them to have something like . . . Sossica?”
‘‘Hmm . . . So-ssi-cca,’’ Annabel said. ‘‘I like it!’’
And so the name stuck, confirming what the strange old woman had christened the baby at the hospital. And from that day onwards, Annabel and Striber treated Sossica like their own child.
At dinner, she asked him: “Honey, are we not forgetting something? Why don’t we do something about the corpses of your late sister and her husband which we left at the hospital? Are they not going to be buried?”
“My dear, it is not that I have forgotten about them. I escaped from that hospital by God's grace. I could have died that day. You see, I am not even sure that their corpses will still be there. I don't have any intentions of going back there; let's face the future.”
Annabel was upset by his comments and a quarrel broke out between them. He became angry, lay down his cutlery and went upstairs. He had no intention of going back either to Zilus or its hospital. It was a ghost town; and he was upset that he could not even give his people a decent burial. Due to what he had seen with his own eyes, he feared that any attempt to do so was going to end badly. He was not going to step into what he did not understand.

Everything went well until about three months later when an incident forcefully reminded Annabel that Sossica was indeed a mysterious child. At about 6 O’clock one morning, Annabel had woken up to perform some chores in the house. She was on the balcony of their single storey building when she saw four kids outside the gate whispering. They were aged about six, of the same size and complexion and wore the same kind of clothes. She wondered aloud to herself what they were doing outside the gate that early in the morning. The words were barely out of her mind’s mouth when she heard a knock at the door.
‘‘Who is there?’’ she asked, certain that she had heard a man’s voice.
‘‘I am the one,’’ replied the visitor.
She thought it was one of their neighbours and went downstairs to open the door. She was surprised to see the four kids. “Where is the man you came with?” she asked.
They replied in unison: “We don't know.”
“So who are you looking for?” asked Annabel.
“We came to see our friend Sossica,” they answered as one.
“How come you know about Sossica?’’ she asked. ‘‘And how did you get through the gate? In fact, why are you kids not at your homes preparing for school?”
“Aunty, you ask far too many questions. We saw you and your husband when you came in with a baby three months ago. Sossica is our friend. As for the gate, you left it open. As for our not being in school, we are on holidays.”
Rather than being put at ease by their answers, Annabel was disturbed. They were far too intelligent, an intelligence that she felt went beyond the realm of the precocious. Somehow deciding that it was better to let them in than to keep them out and displease them, she held the door open for them. They went in and ran straight to Sossica’s room where the baby was lying. This was too much for Annabel who now believed that the kids were no ordinary beings. She dashed upstairs to wake up her husband.
‘‘Honey, wake up,’’ she said in a fierce whisper. “Come and see what my mouth cannot say!” Striber, who loved his sleep even on weekdays, was about to grumble when he detected his wife’s urgent tone. Knowing, without asking, what it must be about, all sleep left his eyes. He followed her to Sossica's room. By the time they got there, however, the four kids had disappeared without a trace. There had been no sound of somebody going out or their normally creaky gate closing. Moreover, Sossica was still lying on her cot as peacefully as she last remembered seeing her.
Annabel’s mouth was wide open with unbridled shock.
“Honey! What's the problem,” asked her husband. But Annabel did not hear her husband. She was staring at the walls of the room as if searching for a crevice there into which the foursome had vanished. ‘‘This is unbelievable!” she shouted suddenly, startling her husband.
“Honey, what's wrong?” he asked.
“Can you believe I saw four kids of the same age and size, wearing the same uniform and speaking in unison outside our locked gate? And with the same gate still locked, they entered the compound and knocked on our door. When I opened it to admit them, they walked straight to Sossica's room as if they had been here all their lives. They claimed Sossica is their friend. Then I came to invite you to see for yourself, and they have gone.”

“Are you sure it was not a dream or perhaps the result of an overworked imagination?” he asked gently.
“You see, this is precisely why I thought you had to see for yourself. I knew you will find it impossible to believe me. Well, it was no dream; as for being the result of an overworked imagination, as you termed it, I am not that creative. I saw what I saw with my own eyes and heard what I heard with these ears,’’ she said, touching her eyes with her index fingers and pulling her ears for emphasis. Then she stomped into the kitchen in protest, leaving her husband staring after her.
That day Annabel did not leave the house. It was not just because she saw the visit of the four kids as ominous; she was in grief as a result of her husband’s unbelief. Striber uncharacteristically rushed through his morning routine and left for work. He did not know how to deal with the situation: he loved his wife and wanted to believe her; and yet, her story offended his sense of rationality.
The rest of the day passed by uneventfully . . . until later at night.

The family had retired for the night. Then about an hour before midnight Sossica cried out in alarm. Annabel heard her and ran to her aid worried that something serious had happened. After what had happened that morning nothing could surprise her. She carried the baby, pampered her until she went back to sleep, lay her on her cot and rejoined her husband in bed. He was still asleep; he hadn’t stirred when she left the room. She tried to go back to sleep but was still awake half an hour later. She gave up trying to sleep and instead woke up her husband.
“Honey! Wake up! Wake up!!” she whispered harshly.
“Yes?’’ Striber queried sleepily. ‘‘What is the matter?’’
“There is something I’d like to discuss with you,” she said.
“What's that?” he asked.
“Ever since Sossica came to this house, I have been observing strange things,’’ she began. ‘‘Have you ever wondered why she lost her parents on the same day and place?”
“Honey, I have also been thinking about this for a while. I believe some evil force is trying to harm this baby. I believe that whatever killed her parents is the same thing that is after Sossica. Maybe they just want to destroy the entire lineage. But whatever it is, we have to protect the child.”
“Don't you think that whatever is after her could turn on us?’’
‘‘Do not have such a mindset. It is impossible anyway,” Striber said with more confidence than he felt.
The following day, Annabel went into Sossica's room and met the infant sleeping. She stared at her for a long minute as if looking for a sign that might tell her that something was amiss. Not finding whatever she was looking for, she sat on the bed with a smile. She could not help but admire the sleeping beauty. She ran her fingers over Sossica’s hands and rubbed her head affectionately. She felt a bolt of electric shock in her head and quickly withdrew her hands. She was still wondering what had shocked her when the mirror fell off the wall. She was startled and stared at the broken shards for what seemed like forever. Then she fetched a broom to clear off the mess.
Striber walked in and saw her sweeping. “What happened?” he asked.
“I don't know. I was here admiring Sossica when the mirror fell,” she said in reply.
‘‘Are you sure? A mirror that was nailed firmly to the wall,” he asked with a smile of disbelief on his face.
“Honey, I don't know how it happened,” she said, uncomfortable with the tone of her husband which seemed to suggest that once again she was making it all up.
Re: Sossica (A Must Read Mystery) by Osaze20091: 11:06am On Nov 30, 2015
Following you closely..so interesting

1 Like

Re: Sossica (A Must Read Mystery) by yrret: 11:29am On Nov 30, 2015
CHAPTER THREE

Sossica was now six months old.
She was playing with her toys on the floor of the parlour, while Annabel and Striber were watching a movie, sipping from their glasses of ice-cold juice placed by their sides. It was a Saturday. To their greatest surprise, they saw Sossica walking without any first attempt to walk. Then she began to run – like one that had been doing so for quite a while. She was running towards them. They jumped up from their seats and fled the house breaking some household property in the house.
They ran to a church nearby and were breathing heavily.
“Father! Father!! Father!!!” they shouted at the door. They hurried in but did not find the priest and decided to sit and wait. They seemed lost in thought when Striber stood up suddenly: “This is silly! Why am I running?’’ he asked no one in particular. ‘‘She is only a baby. I am going back home.”
“Honey, I am confused. I can't believe I saw what I saw. Let's wait and see if the Priest will soon be here,” said Annabel.
Striber seemed to ponder this for a while, but stuck with his decision. On his way out, however, he met the priest and two parishioners on their way in. “Father, thank God you are here,’’ he said with relief. ‘‘Father, there is a problem in our house that requires your presence urgently,” he added, nodding in the direction of the wife.
“Could we go inside and talk?” the priest asked politely.
“No, Father, we need to go to our house now! Please, Father.” Seeing the fear and perplexity etched in the lines on his face, the priest, without another word, followed Striber home. Annabel, however, insisted on staying back.
As they approached the house, they heard what seemed like a serious argument. And then there was the sound of household utensils breaking.
‘‘You did not tell me that your house is a battlefield,’’ the priest commented. ‘‘So who are those fighting in there?’’
“Father, I can’t say. I don't even know what is going on,” Striber replied, a faint quiver in his voice. “I ran out of this house because of the strange behaviour of my little niece, a baby of about six months. I don't know what is going on inside. But whatever it is, it must be evil.”
The two parishioners that accompanied the priest were amazed. “The devil is a liar,” said the priest, ‘‘let's go in.’’
“Father, I can't come with you. Let me stay outside to see who comes out.” The clergy was about to say something when they all heard the cry of Sossica. With his parishioners in tow, he went in. They saw Sossica who was alone, and crying. They were puzzled as to what had been making all the noise.
Outside, Striber watched the house intently, his ears straining to pick up the faintest sound. He did not hear the argument any longer. He heard the Priest's voice, sober and unexcited. Believing that the clergy must have called the fighting parties to a truce, he went in. He saw that the whole place was neat and undisturbed – as if nothing happened. The glass cup they had broken on their way out was no longer a mass of shards on the floor. It was back on the table, as whole and as beautiful as it had always been. The room seemed repainted, like it had been when they first moved in.
He turned to the priest. “Father! Where are the people that were arguing? And who renovated this place?”
Re: Sossica (A Must Read Mystery) by yrret: 11:34am On Nov 30, 2015
Thank You Osaze20091. I want to be sure people are following.

I also solicit for positive reviews on visiting this site.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/mystery-sossica-Terry-Edet-ebook/dp/B017L5FBYG

Coming...
Re: Sossica (A Must Read Mystery) by yrret: 11:37am On Nov 30, 2015
“In answer to both of your questions, I believe it was your relatives. When we came in, we heard footfalls on the staircase. Maybe, they are up.”
“Father, I don't think so!”
“Why?” asked the priest.
“Why? Because I don't live with any other person here apart from my wife and Sossica!”
“So why don’t we go find out exactly who produced the footfalls I am sure we heard?”
They all went upstairs and searched all the rooms but found no-one. Rather, Striber noticed that the areas that were once dirty in the house were now clean.
The priest was surprised at seeing nobody.
“Father, I think there is a problem,” said one of the parishioners.
“Yes, a very enormous one,” agreed Striber. “How can a six-month-old baby just get up and start running without any attempt to walk? And you all saw and heard all that happened here.”
“Maybe I will have to take the child along with me as to avoid these . . . these . . . unusual occurrences. There might be some kind of spirit after the child but first we need to pray for the Lord to take charge of the house,” the priest said. After the prayer, the priest took the baby away accompanied by the two parishioners.
Annabel came in moments later and was pleasantly surprised to see the house wearing a new look. “Honey, how come you got the house painted without telling me?” asked Annabel. Striber was contemplating the recent event and the possibility of continuing to stay in the building unaware of his wife's question. Annabel was angry at his silence and had to draw his attention to the pending question, “Striber say something,” she said tugging at his sleeve.
Striber started. ‘‘Sorry, what did you say?’’ he asked, turning to her.
“You mean you were not listening to me?’’ she asked with a look of consternation on her face. ‘‘I asked to know why you got the house painted without telling me.’’
‘‘Sorry,’’ Striber said. ‘‘The way you are seeing everything here is the same way I met them. The priest can bear me out. By the way, he asked us to see him tomorrow morning. He left with Sossica.”
With tentative steps, as if expecting more surprises, they went to their room. There, they soon discovered that the money they left behind had doubled. This was too shocking and scary to both of them. Annabel ran out of the house telling Striber, ‘‘I can't stay in this house! The building is cursed! I will look for somewhere else to stay even if it means staying under the bridge. As long as I have peace, it doesn’t matter.”
Striber was equally confused. He was in two minds as to whether to leave or stay. But he decided in favour of staying because he had no sensible reason to offer his friends as to why he could not sleep in his own house; and he definitely had no wish to join his wife under the bridge. He decided to persuade her to stay too. “I know this is scary and could make many otherwise brave people abandon their home. But the priest told me there is no problem; and that if we start running from our fears, they will then be able to hurt us. So it is better we face them. Besides, he prayed for the house, and left this rosary with me.”
Striber was able to convince Annabel as to why they should not abandon their house. Holding her hand, he led her back in.
The priest took Sossica to church where he conducted deliverance for her and released her from the evil power that had held her captive. Having fallen under the power of the Holy Spirit, Sossica was sprawled on the floor. Looking at her, one would have thought she was in a coma. After about an hour, her eyes fluttered open. She let out a soft cry.
The priest hastened to her and picked her up: ‘‘Sossica,’’ he called lovingly. ‘‘How are you feeling?’’ But Sossica said nothing and only stared at his face with an infant’s curiousity. She now looked like a normal child.
‘‘Here, clean her up and feed her,’’ the priest turned to one of his female members, handing her over. That night Sossica slept soundly. Nothing strange occurred.

Back at the home of Sossicia’s surrogate parents the next morning, Striber woke up Annabel. “You know we were asked by the Priest to come to church this morning. We need to be on our way soon,” he said.
The sleep left her eyes immediately. “What?! Bring back Sossica into this house? That little witch?!”
“We don't know yet what he has to tell us,’’ her husband said in an attempt to placate her. ‘‘Let's just go and hear what he has to say.” Annabel pulled a long face but got up and went into the bathroom.
While he waited for his wife to finish from the bathroom, Striber wondered what he was going to do if they were asked to take back Sossica. He could not stop shaking his head at her strange behavior. Could it be that she was not the real daughter of his late sister? Did a nurse swap her sister’s baby with another’s? Not for the first time, he wondered what had killed his sister and her husband at the same time and why there had been nobody in the hospital apart from the blind doctor he saw. He stood up, put on his trousers and shirt. “Annabel let's go, the priest is waiting for us.” They both left the house for the church that morning.
They got to the church and saw the priest at the altar. He was praying. They sat at one corner of the church and waited for him to finish saying his prayers. Not long afterwards, the priest was done, going down to where they were sitting.
“Good morning, Father,” they greeted in unison.
“Good morning and welcome,” the priest replied. “Let's go to my office.”
They all marched to the priest’s office. “How was your night?” the priest asked as soon as they were all seated.
“Not too bad, Father. But we are still trying to overcome the shock of yesterday,” replied Striber.
‘‘That shouldn't be a problem; everything is being taken care of. But first I need to ask you both a few questions,’’ said the priest. “Are you Sossica’s real parents?”
“No!” husband and wife said hotly. Then more softly, Striber added: “She is a daughter to my sister, who died during her birth.”
“Do you know if she or her husband was in any secret society?” asked the priest.
“No, I don't,” answered Striber.
“What about her father?” the priest asked again.
“He died along with his wife at the hospital,” Striber replied.
“Striber,” the priest called, looking from him to Annabel. “My one advice to you is that you should not stop praying. There are ruthless forces trying to destroy this little girl's life. I advise you go home, bring up this girl in the fear of God. You are now her parents and must assist in fighting any force that is not to the glory of God. I will also be praying for her, as will my parishioners.”
“Father, are you sure she is not an evil child?” Annabel asked him. “Many mysterious things had occurred before this recent one.”
“As I earlier said, there are forces trying to destroy her family. Just go home and do as I say,” said the priest.
Striber looked intently at him as if to determine how sincere he was. Taking a deep breath, he stood up and said, “Father! With due respect, I don't think we can go home with that child. I can't withstand the forces that are after her. I just want to live my normal life. I don't want anything to do with that child. Father, please keep the child.”
The priest saw the fear in him and thought of what to do or say to convince him to go with the baby. He turned to Annabel, “Did you hear what your husband just said?”
Annabel shared Striber’s view and found it difficult to respond to the priest. But he didn’t think he could continue to keep the baby and decided to try a different tack to get the couple to change their minds. “Let me tell you something. Since these forces are after the baby and her family, you are also involved as you are part of her family. It is better you go with her. In any event, I discern that she has a sort of guardian angel assigned to protect her. He is also capable of protecting you. You will complement it with your prayers.”
Striber was depressed at the words of the priest and slowly sat down like one whose legs could no longer carry him due to the sheer weight of the words. “This could be worse than leaving a goat in a lion's den,” he said. “Could this actually be a family problem?” he asked.
“Yes, and it could lead to death if not properly handled,” answered the priest.
Annabel looked worn out and confused as she eventually faced up to the reality that she was involved in a devilish and deadly case whose full ramifications were yet to be ascertained.
The priest beckoned on the female parishioner bearing the baby to step forward. Annabel felt cold all over at the sight of Sossica and was too frightened to carry her. But what could she do? she asked herself. Sossica was just a baby, and a victim. Summoning courage, she collected the child from the parishioner. The couple seemed physically drained of all energy. Striber heaved a sigh.
“We've heard all you have said, father. We will try our best to protect her. Thank you,” he said. They both left the church with Sossica.
The priest was relieved that they had eventually left with the child. Taking care of her had been surprisingly demanding. He checked his watch and saw that it was almost midday. It was almost time to take confessions. He hurried towards the confessional.
Re: Sossica (A Must Read Mystery) by Nobody: 1:09pm On Nov 30, 2015
Interesting - - - now following
Re: Sossica (A Must Read Mystery) by HENSEXIE(f): 9:06am On Jan 02, 2016
Jst stumbled upon diz story,aπϑ I L♥√e it.buh y did U̶̲̥̅̊ abandon it na Yrret.pls com aπϑ finish it ooo.Ha̶̲̥̅ppγ̲̣̣̥ nu year 2 u[color=#000099][/color]

(1) (Reply)

Urgent! Good Writers Needed / Wizard Of The Crow: Is The Longest Novel In An African Language / What I Want In A Woman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.