Stats: 3,150,785 members, 7,810,048 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:21 PM

FG To Commence Registration Of Unemployed Nigerians Nationwide - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG To Commence Registration Of Unemployed Nigerians Nationwide (30712 Views)

RMAFC To Commence Disbursement Of 13% Derivation Fund To Lagos (Pic) / Drama At Senate Over Buhari's #5000 Promise To Unemployed Nigerians / A Better Alternative To N5,000 Monthly Allowance For Unemployed Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

FG To Commence Registration Of Unemployed Nigerians Nationwide by cybermic007: 10:22am On Dec 01, 2015
In a move aimed at actualising the planned social security for the teeming unemployed Nigerians, the federal government monday said plans were underway to register all unemployed citizens across the country.

The decision came amid the slow pace by the All Progressives Congress (APC)-led government to fulfill its campaign promise of paying unemployed graduates N5,000 as social security stipend.

The acting Director General of the National Directorate of Employment (NDE), Mr. Olakunle Obayan, stated this during the official handover by the former Director General, Alhaji Abubakar Mohammed.

Speaking on the current template to address the challenges of unemployment in the country, Obayan said: “Actually some of them (projects) are brand new and they are coming up in 2016. We are going to tenaciously pursue the employment generation activities of NDE, and we are going to expand their scope.

“This new schemes when they come on board, are schemes such that they are going to take care of the social security issues and something that will need majority of the people to get something doing.”

He stated that: Besides, we have programmes that are for the graduates of the tertiary institutions as well. We have so many programmes that have been designed such that it will improve our service delivery system.

“We are going to pursue that vigorously, we are going to start a national registration of the unemployed. That we are going to take on fully so that we will have a great idea of how many of them are around.” Obayan stated: “We have some but we are going to improve on the information we have in our data base and we are going to make sure that it is something we can access from our different locations, even if you are down in the hinterland, you should be able to do so.

“We have all these things planned in place, all these will drive as soon as I settle down which is this week and you will start seeing these activities around NDE.”

Regarding funding of such programmes, the acting DG stated that “the issue of funding is something that is hindering the NDE to even do more in meeting its mandate. How are you going to go about funding so that all visions won’t waste?

“Being in government, so many times, you have to be conscious about what goes on in your funds from here to there. Right now, we are going into PPPs so that we can extend the mileage of our funds and how many people we can reach and several collaborations as well that we are getting into.

“Some of them with the members of the national assembly, world bank, we will want to partner with DFID, ILO and so many development partners, but asides that, we try to do more in 2016 because government does not have that kind of money right now, and actually employment generation, and job creation should not be solely for government; private sectors generally, they should come on board.

“This is one of the reasons we are planning a stakeholders’ forum, where the private sector will actually know its role. It is not strictly for government, these people we train, are not only for government, they are for all.” While presenting his handover notes, Mohammed said he would leave behind an efficient workforce that had been groomed in tackling the nation’s employment crisis.

He explained that NDE has diversified into various areas in the training and mentoring of Nigerians not just for acquiring jobs but also for creating employment opportunities for other Nigerians.
The former DG retires from service after 26 years in public service
http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/fg-to-commence-registration-of-unemployed-nigerians-nationwide/226815/#.Vl1YNPquQLw.facebook

Re: FG To Commence Registration Of Unemployed Nigerians Nationwide by Nobody: 10:23am On Dec 01, 2015
as in serious?

Re: FG To Commence Registration Of Unemployed Nigerians Nationwide by redcap: 10:25am On Dec 01, 2015
Is this for real,like seriously?
modified.
I trust my northern brothers,every goat and cawos must be registered.This is an avenue for some people to fraudulently enrich themselves.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Commence Registration Of Unemployed Nigerians Nationwide by Nobody: 10:32am On Dec 01, 2015
Super clueless govt. Lies upon lies. We need youth empowerment programs and govt support for graduate soft loans. Sick and tired of people waiting for FG work when there's none. Even the private sector capacity on employment is nothing to write home about. Create numerous job. Why count them when t z a hopeless help. What's with giving us fish (5k) rather than teach us how to fish (Jobs and empowerments).

26 Likes

Re: FG To Commence Registration Of Unemployed Nigerians Nationwide by Super1759: 10:36am On Dec 01, 2015
The most stupid and senseless move iI have ever heard in my life... Ok,get ready to register all Nigerians.

Instead of empowering them....
Cmhtewww

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG To Commence Registration Of Unemployed Nigerians Nationwide by richybanky(m): 10:37am On Dec 01, 2015
Let me knw wen everything is set grin grin

APC Shame

Re: FG To Commence Registration Of Unemployed Nigerians Nationwide by mightyhaze: 10:38am On Dec 01, 2015
Nice news! Am delighted wit dis news dat am reading on ma bufde. A few likes here and dere wud be a kinda icing grin

34 Likes

Re: FG To Commence Registration Of Unemployed Nigerians Nationwide by yemmynoni: 10:41am On Dec 01, 2015
@benmurraybruce come hear ooooooo

Re: FG To Commence Registration Of Unemployed Nigerians Nationwide by anwukah1: 10:41am On Dec 01, 2015
That will be ok if only they can be able to capture them(unemployed graduates)did we really have the data base to actualize this project?

Re: FG To Commence Registration Of Unemployed Nigerians Nationwide by Nobody: 11:03am On Dec 01, 2015
Nigeria seems to be going backwards. Empower the youths, not give them a meager N5000k monthly.

which way Nigeria?

O by the way, that money is ONLY for Nigerians, not for biafrans. grin ; D grin

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Commence Registration Of Unemployed Nigerians Nationwide by Nobody: 11:04am On Dec 01, 2015
Where is lalasticlala sef undecided
Re: FG To Commence Registration Of Unemployed Nigerians Nationwide by kushma(m): 11:07am On Dec 01, 2015
All these lazy youths that don't want to work will then relax at home and be waiting for 5k each month that sounds stupid to me. Its better that d fg should provide Work for our youths than this 5k thing because u would still see youths that will squander there own within hours because they didn't work for it and it will lead to them been idle. Remember AN IDLE MAN IS A DEVIL'S WORKSHOP. PLZ THE FG SHOULD PROVIDE WORK OPPORTUNITIES AND STOP LAZYING UP THE YOUTHS.

Re: FG To Commence Registration Of Unemployed Nigerians Nationwide by looseweight: 11:07am On Dec 01, 2015
Some grand pa and grand ma will even register..

IAMLOOSEWEIGHT
Re: FG To Commence Registration Of Unemployed Nigerians Nationwide by Beehshorp(m): 11:08am On Dec 01, 2015
Ehya... Another scam and lie for gullible Nigerians to swallow..when will dey start the meal per day for children in school or the #40 per litre for fuel..
Make una swerve jorh we don tire for lies nd propaganda.. Gej brought sure-P and empowered millions of people now u want to start giving us 5k and na u wan reduce minimum wage..
I am not a member of dis satanic blood sucking sharia party so even if dey are serious I would never take dia 5k cos I would never stand with dem even if the going gets good

Re: FG To Commence Registration Of Unemployed Nigerians Nationwide by worlexy(m): 11:08am On Dec 01, 2015
Hahahaha. Oya we can't wait. But before they start that, they should find solution to fuel scarcity first. It's only an idiot that will have both leprosy and ringworm in his body and decide to be tackling the ringworm and leave the leprosy unattended to.

Re: FG To Commence Registration Of Unemployed Nigerians Nationwide by ENTROVERT(m): 11:08am On Dec 01, 2015
Another deciet and propaganda from the Apc.. smh

Re: FG To Commence Registration Of Unemployed Nigerians Nationwide by braine(m): 11:08am On Dec 01, 2015
osedvgirl:
as in serious?
I can see the glow of happiness in your eyes. grin grin grin grin

People and free things! Choi!
Re: FG To Commence Registration Of Unemployed Nigerians Nationwide by Thunderlicious: 11:08am On Dec 01, 2015
If I am working and register as unemployed, how will they know? What if I register using another ID? This is not the best time to do something like this. Nigeria need a centralized system of the details of all her citizens. Get every Nigerian documented and registered in the central system before anything.

Re: FG To Commence Registration Of Unemployed Nigerians Nationwide by harrysterol(m): 11:09am On Dec 01, 2015
How will the even genuinely know who is gainfully employed, doing business and unemployed, in my opinion i think this policy is rubbish

Show the youth how to fish and not to give them fish alone

In conclusion if a youth becomes employed how will they even know?
Re: FG To Commence Registration Of Unemployed Nigerians Nationwide by valnosky(m): 11:10am On Dec 01, 2015
End time registration
Re: FG To Commence Registration Of Unemployed Nigerians Nationwide by richidinho(m): 11:10am On Dec 01, 2015
waow
Re: FG To Commence Registration Of Unemployed Nigerians Nationwide by PHATE007(f): 11:10am On Dec 01, 2015
For just 5k see d many speech dem dey give..... #God bless my country

In other news...... #END TIME funds

Re: FG To Commence Registration Of Unemployed Nigerians Nationwide by ahnie: 11:10am On Dec 01, 2015
Fingers crossed#
Re: FG To Commence Registration Of Unemployed Nigerians Nationwide by Nobody: 11:11am On Dec 01, 2015
I am a Nigerian I must collect my own

Re: FG To Commence Registration Of Unemployed Nigerians Nationwide by Nobody: 11:11am On Dec 01, 2015
when, when and when
Re: FG To Commence Registration Of Unemployed Nigerians Nationwide by Koolking(m): 11:11am On Dec 01, 2015
I have a problem with "registration of unemployed youths". What happen if you are registered as unemployed today, tomorrow you got a job?

Being unemployed does not mean you are not employable
Re: FG To Commence Registration Of Unemployed Nigerians Nationwide by hertheytheydgee(m): 11:11am On Dec 01, 2015
What is this one saying?
We need good jobs to live better life not end time #5000.

This sengee sef
Re: FG To Commence Registration Of Unemployed Nigerians Nationwide by nerdymufasa(m): 11:11am On Dec 01, 2015
Get ready to register all Nigerians...graduates I know would still want that extra cash regardless.

it's a good one still but make the graduates marketable and independent by giving vocational training
Re: FG To Commence Registration Of Unemployed Nigerians Nationwide by ipreach: 11:12am On Dec 01, 2015
Can this be true
Re: FG To Commence Registration Of Unemployed Nigerians Nationwide by hertheytheydgee(m): 11:12am On Dec 01, 2015
Animals, oya go and register

Nigeria Is ‘seriously’ Broke – Lai mohammed / Don’t Allow Fayose Escape From Nigeria, EFCC Urges Customs / Military Discovers Illegal Security Training Camp In Taraba