Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,055 members, 7,859,797 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 07:01 PM

Some Theories About Where Our African Gods Fit In The Spiritual Realm. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Some Theories About Where Our African Gods Fit In The Spiritual Realm. (711 Views)

Which Gospel Song Takes You Into The Spiritual Realm? / Do Atheists Believe In The Existence Of The Spiritual Realm? / Top 10 Bizarre Fringe Theories About Jesus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Some Theories About Where Our African Gods Fit In The Spiritual Realm. by Nobody: 4:24pm On Dec 01, 2015
Errr........... I hate preamble. Shall we begin??

++++++++++++++++++++++++++
As a christian and as an African; we have no doubt of God. However, we have also seen evidence of the african spiritual. We see it all around us; a bird drops and turns to a woman; A witch. A woman joined to a man because of infindelity. All these convinces us of the evidence of the African Spirituality

I just couldn't write that with a straight face gringringringringringrin

Anyways, here are my theories about the African spiritual.

1) They are fake images designed to lead us into hells :
This is the first and the most accepted theory. The two major branches condemn any other gods as false. Needless to say, this doesn't quite explain this African gods.

2) They are Rebel Angels :
After the great revolution or rebellion (It depends on which side you're on) , the angels who coalesced with Satan were banished.The angels with satan then had freedom to exercise their power, unfortunately. Who is the say that Ogun was not once Angel Micheal's Second in Command? Who is to say Esu and Angel Gabriel were not pals before??
I hope you see my point.

3) They are a splintered sect: Human history has shown that no ideology has ever happened without some splintered sects. Even in Christianity, we have : Catholic and Pentecostal. Now we have a splinter part of christianity C&S. Una know na........ Anyways, back to track.
Perhaps our African Gods, after the great Rebellion, broke away from the entire kingdom. Sort of like a runaway, who didn't want to overthrow God nor Help him. This explanation is preferable because It explains how the christian has more power over witches. Am I right or not
4) They are messengers of the devil : This is a theory which is quite acceptable to our mordern Pastors. The theory is that our African Gods are messengers of the devils. Something like how Nairaland is the messenger between me and you, the reader. Nah....... It's kinda odd.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

These are all my theories!!! Unfortunately, I have no proof to support them, not even a sliver! But who knows, perhaps mrphysics can discover some proofgringringringringringrin.

(1) (Reply)

Interesting - "Star Wars" In Church Today / Why You Must Go To Church Today And Thank God / If You Are To See God Face To Face And Ask Him One Question.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.