Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,788 members, 7,831,548 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:44 PM

5 Albums That Changed The Naija R&b Scene - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / 5 Albums That Changed The Naija R&b Scene (1581 Views)

5 Albums That Changed The Naija Rap Scene. / I Just Released 5 Albums Online! / Top 5 Female R&B Singers Of The 90's (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Albums That Changed The Naija R&b Scene by jeff101: 3:02pm On May 28, 2009
http://9jahiphop..com/2009/05/5-albums-that-changed-naija-r-scene.html

BODY AND SOUL-Plantashun boiz
This was the album that started it all,when the trio of blackface,tuface & faze dropped "body & soul" there was no such thing as naija R&B.propelled by hit singles like knock me off,ememma,if life,you & i e.t.c body & soul became an instant collectors item and was on top of the Nigerian charts for months on end.till date no one has succeeded in duplicating this classic album.

UNCHAINED-Sunny Neji
What sunny neji did with this album was show us that with a lot of experience,you can make a solid R&B album without breaking a sweat."unchained" was an album for everybody.from kids to old folks,no one was left out.with hit singles like idemnobo,oruka,face me & tolotolo mr fantastik had the whole nation under a spell.simply put "unchained" was sunny neji at his peak laying down the blueprints of naija R&B.

FACE TO FACE-Tuface
For those who don't know "face 2 face" was the debut album of the most talented artiste in Nigeria,possibly Africa.the only Nigerian album to ever produce a world wide hit(african queen) which topped musical charts from coast to coast.with hit singles like "ole,nfana ibaga,keep on rocking,you no holy pass,right here & the afore mentioned african queen" the album sold over 2 million copies and won awards too numerous to mention.

GET SQUARED-P Square
If not for mary slessor,we would have missed out on this great album.a lot of people might not know it but peter & paul's sophomore album had a massive impact on the naija R&B scene & the whole naija music industry(video wise).almost every song on this album was a hit.songs like bizzy body,get squared,temptation,omoge mi & your love deservedly put p square on top."get squared" positively changed the naija R&B scene continentally and globally.

HITSVILLE-Paul Play
The magic started immediately paul play realized that papa na papa,pikin na pikin and stepped out of his father's shoes which was becoming too big for him to fill.hitsville was a straight forward R&B album(unadulterated).The album which spurned hit singles like "angel of my life & forever" made paul play a household name in Nigeria and raised the bar for naija R&B.This album made people realize that it was possible to make R&B just like the pioneers & the kings of R&B.
Re: 5 Albums That Changed The Naija R&b Scene by tosinaded(m): 4:57pm On May 28, 2009
agreed cool
Re: 5 Albums That Changed The Naija R&b Scene by dammiecool(m): 5:44pm On May 28, 2009
beni cheesy
Re: 5 Albums That Changed The Naija R&b Scene by rockyfela(m): 8:10pm On May 28, 2009
couldnt agree more. i think styl plus 2 did their thing then.
Re: 5 Albums That Changed The Naija R&b Scene by debojyde(m): 1:35am On May 29, 2009
On point!!!!!!!!!, Plantashun boiz 1st album is a classic. One of the best albums 2 come out of naija
Re: 5 Albums That Changed The Naija R&b Scene by maedan(f): 1:42am On May 29, 2009
How could anyone forget to mention the Remedies, remember their album with "Shakomo?" To me they deserve to be on that list 'cos they changed the scene at that time, and were considered the best when they first started. In short, they made an impact that is still showing today in the current scene.
Re: 5 Albums That Changed The Naija R&b Scene by chrisical(m): 4:28pm On May 29, 2009
Even with eidris,were remedies R&B GROUP?
Re: 5 Albums That Changed The Naija R&b Scene by obinna5000(m): 9:45pm On May 29, 2009
(1) Asa - Asa
(2) TY Bello - Green Land
(3) Styl-Plus - Olufunmi/Call My Name
(4) Paul Play - Hitsville
(5) Plantashun Boiz - Body & Soul

1 Like

Re: 5 Albums That Changed The Naija R&b Scene by baslone: 11:30pm On May 29, 2009
Remedies deserve to be there, if not then Tony's "my car" album!
Re: 5 Albums That Changed The Naija R&b Scene by KEL2009: 12:01am On May 31, 2009
SLAMS HOT NEW TRACK AND VIDEO CHECK IT OUT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZqK7-7MXXE

SLAM IS BACK
Re: 5 Albums That Changed The Naija R&b Scene by maedan(f): 8:37pm On Jun 02, 2009
chrisical:

Even with eidris,were remedies R&B GROUP?

Ask the person who put Sunny Neji on the list. tongue

baslone:

Remedies deserve to be there, if not then Tony's "my car" album!

I'm talking waaay before that, when all three Remedies were together. They showed the way for what others are doing today. IMO.

(1) (Reply)

Eedrees Abdulkareem,The King Is Back,back And Better New Single / Music: Tyga - 40 Mill / Soulja – Boy Loyalty (album Download)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.