Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,042 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:30 AM

PHOTO: Nnamdi Kanu Wife Finally Speaks On His Detention - Ibtimesuk - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PHOTO: Nnamdi Kanu Wife Finally Speaks On His Detention - Ibtimesuk (7949 Views)

IPOB Members Climb To Watch Nnamdi Kanu & Wife In Anambra / Uchechi Okwu-Kanu, Nnamdi Kanu's Wife In Nigeria To See Her Husband (Photos) / My Husband's Obsession With Biafra Is Scary - Nnamdi Kanu's Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

PHOTO: Nnamdi Kanu Wife Finally Speaks On His Detention - Ibtimesuk by SeunPlus(f): 11:07pm On Dec 01, 2015

The wife of controversial Radio Biafra director Nnamdi Kanu has expressed concern over the prolonged detention of her husband, who she says "is a prisoner of conscience". Uchechi Okwu-Kanu told IBTimesUK she fears for her husband's well-being and alleged he is being tortured by the Nigerian state security service (DSS).
Okwu-Kanu said she had been able to speak with Kanu only once since he was arrested by the DSS as he travelled to Nigeria from London in October. She warned her husband's health is worsening as he is no longer able to take medicine for "his life-threatening ulcer".

Kanu is the leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB). IPOB and other pro-Biafran groups call for the independence of territories that constituted the Biafran Republic, established in 1967 and reannexed to Nigeria in 1970, following a civil war that claimed between one and three million lives. The Radio Biafra director was apprehended on charges of criminal conspiracy, intimidation and belonging to an unlawful society. He pleaded not guilty.
Okwu-Kanu defended her husband's struggle for independence and argued pro-Biafrans have the right to self-determination. She also urged the Nigerian government to release her husband and engage in dialogue rather than arresting people "who agitate for freedom".
Kanu was due to appear in court on 1 December but his lawyer Vincent Obetta said the hearing had been postponed as the judge's father had died and could not attend. Obetta and Kanu's sister, Princess Chinwe Kanu, also expressed concern over what they described as Kanu's "deteriorating health" after seeing him in court on 23 November.
IBTimes UK has contacted the DSS for a statement on allegations of torture but has not received a comment at the time of publishing.

Government's position on pro-Biafran movement
The Nigerian government told IBTimesUK that it does not consider the separatist movement a threat to the current leadership and defined pro-Biafrans as an "insignificant number of frustrated people who are not a threat to the existence of Nigeria".
Army spokesman Colonel Sani Usman told IBTimesUK: "The message to the Biafrans is clear: The army and police might use the Rules of Engagementon security operations to the fullest depending on the circumstances."
Amnesty International said in an exclusive report by IBTimesUK there was "credible evidence that pro-Biafran separatists in Nigeria are targeted by police". However, the police denied these claims, arguing that pro-Biafrans hold violent rallies that disrupt peace.
Oleehkukyu Ali, a public relations officer for the police in Anambra state, told IBTimes UK the police have nothing against pro-Biafran groups as long as they behave in a peaceful way.
He said: "Our country provides freedom of association, speech and movement. But groups have to behave peacefully. Police in Anambra are operating a very open policy and leaders of groups should engage with us and let us know what they are doing so we are aware of protests."

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/nnamdi-kanu-wife-speaks-my-husband-prisoner-conscience-1531375
Re: PHOTO: Nnamdi Kanu Wife Finally Speaks On His Detention - Ibtimesuk by SeunPlus(f): 11:38pm On Dec 01, 2015
So it's now that you know that your albino monkey of a husband has ulcer. Why didn't you advise him when he was running his mouth like tap water.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PHOTO: Nnamdi Kanu Wife Finally Speaks On His Detention - Ibtimesuk by baby124: 11:44pm On Dec 01, 2015
Na wa o. She doesn't look like the babe Nnamdi was posing with. Abi na phorochop? Anyway she looks a lot older, maybe stress? Or wahala of 3some? grin. I feel for her, but this is the life of a so called freedom fighter's wife. Long lonely nights. Even Winnie cheated when it became too much.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PHOTO: Nnamdi Kanu Wife Finally Speaks On His Detention - Ibtimesuk by igwechaloner: 11:45pm On Dec 01, 2015
NWANYI OMA IT IS WELL. HE WILL BE OUT SOON AND BIAFRA EMERGE.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: PHOTO: Nnamdi Kanu Wife Finally Speaks On His Detention - Ibtimesuk by BoleynDynaSTY(f): 11:58pm On Dec 01, 2015
Dnt worry Ma'am we are watching em closely

8 Likes

Re: PHOTO: Nnamdi Kanu Wife Finally Speaks On His Detention - Ibtimesuk by BoleynDynaSTY(f): 11:58pm On Dec 01, 2015
I wanted to quote d fool but on a second thought she wasn't worth it....atleast Nnamdi kanu/IPOB are openly fighting 4 what they believe while yorubas are secretly asking 4 Oduduwa or whare dey call it.
igwechaloner:
bia SeunPlustitute wats ur problem?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: PHOTO: Nnamdi Kanu Wife Finally Speaks On His Detention - Ibtimesuk by BlackTechnology: 11:59pm On Dec 01, 2015
grin This woman is beautiful

Chai once Biafra stands, we know the peace of mind will make our Biafran women so sexy that the Tundes and Abdusalams will betray their new countries in order to marry them.

I am sure the Topes and Aminas will forever live in fear of losing their husbands to Biafran women

I am sure all the presidents of Odua and Arewas will always present Biafran women as their first ladies cool

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PHOTO: Nnamdi Kanu Wife Finally Speaks On His Detention - Ibtimesuk by BoleynDynaSTY(f): 12:30am On Dec 02, 2015
Have you ever imagined nija where you have just yoruba/Hausa n fulani?they are afraid of what will become of them when its just them with the aboki's....they are so finished
igwechaloner:
truly i dnt knw d problem of yoruba, but i bliv dey wil pay for dere evil deeds one day

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PHOTO: Nnamdi Kanu Wife Finally Speaks On His Detention - Ibtimesuk by bamite(m): 12:32am On Dec 02, 2015
Why does she look like a fish?

4 Likes

Re: PHOTO: Nnamdi Kanu Wife Finally Speaks On His Detention - Ibtimesuk by igwechaloner: 12:34am On Dec 02, 2015
BoleynDynaSTY:
Have you ever imagined nija where you have just yoruba/Hausa n fulani?they are afraid of what will become of them when its just them with the aboki's....they are so finished
hahahaha i jus dey pityb dem. but dey must stay together , must..... biafra we are

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: PHOTO: Nnamdi Kanu Wife Finally Speaks On His Detention - Ibtimesuk by kingzizzy: 12:51am On Dec 02, 2015
SeunPlus:
So it's now that you know that your albino monkey of a husband has ulcer. Why didn't you advise him when he was running his mouth like tap water.

So your terrorist Government if Nigeria has now stepped up its game to arresting and torturing people for talking?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: PHOTO: Nnamdi Kanu Wife Finally Speaks On His Detention - Ibtimesuk by Pheals(f): 1:18am On Dec 02, 2015
SeunPlus:
o su mi o.... but hunger dey cure ulcer now abi lipsrsealed

4 Likes

Re: PHOTO: Nnamdi Kanu Wife Finally Speaks On His Detention - Ibtimesuk by neolboy(m): 2:57am On Dec 02, 2015
U will see vexation on the face of this woman. #freekanu
Re: PHOTO: Nnamdi Kanu Wife Finally Speaks On His Detention - Ibtimesuk by Anthonyoz(m): 4:44am On Dec 02, 2015
This not the woman nnamdi show off but if eventually she is i having pety for her and also thank her for the support she is giving nnamdi may god countinue to bless her

1 Like

Re: PHOTO: Nnamdi Kanu Wife Finally Speaks On His Detention - Ibtimesuk by 123456abc: 5:01am On Dec 02, 2015
looking for jobs.....preparing for your next recruitment aptitude test? visit

Re: PHOTO: Nnamdi Kanu Wife Finally Speaks On His Detention - Ibtimesuk by icedfire(m): 5:11am On Dec 02, 2015
baby124:
Na wa o. She doesn't look like the babe Nnamdi was posing with. Abi na phorochop? Anyway she looks a lot older, maybe stress? Or wahala of 3some? grin. I feel for her, but this is the life of a so called freedom fighter's wife. Long lonely nights. Even Winnie cheated when it became too much.

This must be his sister or his mum because the younger girl he flaunt around has been quiet maybe she abandoned the guy and followed ffk. But if truly this is his wife, then she need real servicing by a younger guy to make her look young cos she is looking old already....maybe she can join me and my girlfriend for party

2 Likes

Re: PHOTO: Nnamdi Kanu Wife Finally Speaks On His Detention - Ibtimesuk by Nobody: 5:14am On Dec 02, 2015
next time, advice your husband to bridle his tongue.

3 Likes

Re: PHOTO: Nnamdi Kanu Wife Finally Speaks On His Detention - Ibtimesuk by Karanka: 5:23am On Dec 02, 2015
SeunPlus:
Even from afar,your inbuilt wickedness and hatred is plain for all to see.
Re: PHOTO: Nnamdi Kanu Wife Finally Speaks On His Detention - Ibtimesuk by M4gunners: 5:39am On Dec 02, 2015
Ademusiwa1c:
[size=28pt]My advice to kanu, is to give up. There is no food inBiafra.

North will close their border on your people.

If kanu agrees not to continue with Biafra. And it's activities. I will help.

And kanu publicly declare that there is 2 country the country of the kingdom of western Nigeria and Nigeria. I will help. But if does not do so in a video. I can't help.[/size]

We are not talking about Onions and Sugar cane here mr man.
Re: PHOTO: Nnamdi Kanu Wife Finally Speaks On His Detention - Ibtimesuk by Eboski(m): 5:48am On Dec 02, 2015
End Time wife... speaking to end time DSS

2 Likes

Re: PHOTO: Nnamdi Kanu Wife Finally Speaks On His Detention - Ibtimesuk by Eboski(m): 5:48am On Dec 02, 2015
End Time wife... speaking to end time DSS..
Re: PHOTO: Nnamdi Kanu Wife Finally Speaks On His Detention - Ibtimesuk by pojophilius(m): 5:53am On Dec 02, 2015
BoleynDynaSTY:
i dont know you fools,but if these are the people ur nnamdi wanna rule on,then he is already a failure,,you are still in nigeria nd yet making threats and mock other tribes,,my brother,if ur life is doomed to fail,,make u go create biafrance,u still no fit make am,,,most of ur biafranese got their wealth here,,i dnt knw why they havenot freed these dogs,,maybe buhari wan injects ur leader first......boko better una

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Falana Wants EFCC To Probe Loans Given By Ex-CBN Governors / Nigerian States With Highest Budgets For 2017 / Obaseki Battles Unemployment With Edo Production Centre Initiative (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.