Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,317 members, 7,819,073 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:54 AM

Serving PDP Commissioners Defect To APC In Bayelsa - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Serving PDP Commissioners Defect To APC In Bayelsa (38703 Views)

6 PDP Lawmakers Defect To APC In Kogi / PDP Members In Beeri Defect To APC In Rivers State, Tear Their Membership Card / PDP Members Decamp To APC In Edo, Sing And Tear Their PDP Cards (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Serving PDP Commissioners Defect To APC In Bayelsa by Clerverly: 11:44pm On Dec 01, 2015
Buhari, Tinubu, Oyegun, others campaign for Sylva
There was massive show of solidarity, Tuesday by the All Progressives Congress (APC) in Bayelsa State and its governorship candidate, Chief Timpre Sylva, to wrest power from the Governor Seriake Dickson-led Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) on December 5.

All road led to Yenagoa, the state capital, as mammoth crowd of party faithful, residents of the states and leaders of the APC thronged the Samson Siasia Stadium to shower love on Sylva’s ambition to become the next governor of the state.

President Muhammadu Buhari represented by Vice-President Yemi Osibanjo; the National Leader of APC and former Governor of Lagos State, Asiwaju Ahmed Tinubu and former  interim National Chairman of APC, Chief Bisi Akande made the final rally of the APC grand and colourful.

The National Working Committee of the APC temporarily relocated to Bayelsa as the National Chairman of APC, Chief John Odigie-Oyegun led other members of the committee to the rally described by people as APC’s icing on the cake ahead of the election.

Governors elected on the platforms of the APC such as Comrade Adams Oshiomhole (Edo); Aminu Tambuwa (Sokoto) and Rochas Okorocha (Imo) represented by his deputy, Eze Madumere, were all in attendance.

The event was further spiced by the presence of the governorship candidates of the party in the Southsouth states, who are seeking justice in courts, such as Dakuku Peterside (Rivers), Otega Emerhor (Delta) and Umana Umana (Rivers) including Senator Magnus Abe.

The Secretary to the Federal Government, Babachir Lawal, and some ministers and members of the federal cabinet graced the occasion.

The ranks of the PDP were further depleted and the chances of Dickson narrowed following the defections of serving commissioners and other officials of the government to the APC at the venue of the event.

The tumultuous crowd was entertained by the performances and presence of notable musical artistes such as Face, Maleke, J.Martins, Nollywood star and now member of the Lagos State House of Assembly, Desmond Eliot.

A group of beautiful maidens called Sylva Angels excited the crowd with their victory dance.
Massive crowd of party faithful who endured scorching sun elbowed and shoved one another just to catch a glimpse of the programme.

Speaking for the President, Osibanjo said it was time for Bayelsa to change from PDP to APC to realign with the centre.

He said: “The time for change has come. The time of prosperity, the time of good governance has come. Don’t miss the train. What the President wants is that you will join what we are doing in the federal level. Bayelsa deserves its pride of place among the states of Nigeria.

“This state and its people are great. But you must do the right thing. The right thing is to leave from the PDP to the APC.  It is time to move. On Saturday, you deserve the right to go to the polling booth with your PVC and you will make that change on Saturday.

“After that you will have the right to demand. You will have the right to ask our candidate who will be the next governor what he promised you. I promise you that you will see a real difference.

“There will be job, progress in this state. Everyone one of us looking for promotion will have it by the grace of God. You will achieve great things”.

Also speaking, Tinubu whose name and presence excited the crowd, asked the people of the state to send PDP with its 16 years of ineptitude out of power.

He said after 16 years of government, PDP could only boast of hunger, unemployment, darkness and absence of basic amenities.

The former Lagos state governor who gingered the crowd said APC is the cure for headache, unemployment and other societal ills brought about by the misrule of PDP.

He said the people who had been led in the wilderness now have the opportunity to bring prosperity by voting out the party he described as Poverty Development Party.

The APC National Leader who spent time to demonstrate to the people where and how they should vote on Saturday, however, enjoined them to eschew violence at the poll.

He told the crowd to vote for the broom, the symbol of the party and defend their votes by waiting and ensuring that their votes are counted.

He said the Saturday poll represents freedom for the people of the state and stressed that the road to freedom is not easy.

He said: “For 16 years you have been led in the wilderness by poverty development party. Send PDP away with its poverty, no water, unemployment, darkness.

“Vote and defend your votes. They are already afraid. You are already the master. Sylva is back. He has bounced back. Only you can make him win”.

In his remarks, Lawal said the silver lining has come to the state and asked the people to return to the government at the centre.

He said identifying with the centre would enable the state to have its fair share of dividends of democracy.

Besides, Oyegun thanked the people for welcoming him with surprises each time he visits the state and urged them to give him the most important gift by returning Sylva to government house.

He said the entire party and machinery of the federal government relocated to the state to demonstrate the value they value attached to Bayelsa by the APC government.

Oyegun who called for a minute’s silence each for late Abubakar Audu and late Diepreye Alamieyeseigha said Sylva would give security, employment and other dividends of democracy to the state when elected.

He said: “Saturday is the D Day. It will be the biggest present to our dear President when you return Sylva to the Government House. Victory is assured.”

In his speech, the elated Sylva said he had come to rescue Bayelsa from the tight fist of darkness, dirt, unemployment and underdevelopment.

He said: “The people of Bayelsa must be developed. Their salaries and pensions must be paid. We are going to focus on diversifying the economy, creating jobs, wealth and bringing security to Bayelsa. We will strengthen the civil service.

“We will pay civil servants salaries and we will pay scholarships of our students. It is wicked to send our children abroad on scholarships and ask them to fend for themselves. Go straight and vote for APC and make sure your votes count.

“We must not give room for violence. On December 5, Pharaoh will fall and the Egyptians will  be under the Red Sea, that is the meaning of Opuabadi. My government will be about you and not about my family.”

http://thenationonlineng.net/bayelsa-dicksons-men-dump-pdp-at-apc-final-rally/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Serving PDP Commissioners Defect To APC In Bayelsa by Clerverly: 11:46pm On Dec 01, 2015
Those Outside the Stadium! I mean the overflow grin grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Serving PDP Commissioners Defect To APC In Bayelsa by Nobody: 11:51pm On Dec 01, 2015
Are u sure cos it is coming from the nation

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Serving PDP Commissioners Defect To APC In Bayelsa by Clerverly: 11:51pm On Dec 01, 2015
Tonyebarcanista Truckpusher Chukwudi44

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Serving PDP Commissioners Defect To APC In Bayelsa by Clerverly: 11:53pm On Dec 01, 2015
kaorama:
[s]Are u sure cos it is coming from the nation[/s]

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Serving PDP Commissioners Defect To APC In Bayelsa by Aufbauh(m): 11:54pm On Dec 01, 2015
Wahala dey ooooh..... Operation Gbale!!!
Really? Interesting, i never knew APC could gather such crowd in Bayelsa be it hired or genuine.

Na so we hear seh kogi is 100% PDP until APC come dey gbale.
I no fit predict or project ooooh, and i no fit shout kuma for somebody backyard.
grin grin grin

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Serving PDP Commissioners Defect To APC In Bayelsa by TonyeBarcanista(m): 11:55pm On Dec 01, 2015
Bayelsa is 100% PDP. Sylva will be heavily dealt with at the poll.

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Serving PDP Commissioners Defect To APC In Bayelsa by Clerverly: 11:55pm On Dec 01, 2015
lalasticlala Mynd44 oya

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Serving PDP Commissioners Defect To APC In Bayelsa by Clerverly: 11:56pm On Dec 01, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

Bros, you need to call home.. Dickson Is in a hot soup now grin grin

107 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Serving PDP Commissioners Defect To APC In Bayelsa by Nobody: 11:57pm On Dec 01, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
I don already buy sewing machine for you. After Dickson lose like fowl, we go use your post-election thread sew brassiere and handkerchief for Fayose.

88 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Serving PDP Commissioners Defect To APC In Bayelsa by Clerverly: 11:58pm On Dec 01, 2015
sonOfLucifer:

I don already buy sewing maching for you. After Dickson, we go use your post-election thread sew brassiere and handkerchief for Fayose.

grin grin! I Tell You!

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Serving PDP Commissioners Defect To APC In Bayelsa by maupe: 12:21am On Dec 02, 2015
December 5 is almost here.

1 Like

Re: Serving PDP Commissioners Defect To APC In Bayelsa by neolboy(m): 3:00am On Dec 02, 2015
Hungry commissioner, jumping party as if say na fence

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Serving PDP Commissioners Defect To APC In Bayelsa by ALVA001: 3:12am On Dec 02, 2015
Can Apc really win bayelsa. Lets wait and see.

6 Likes

Re: Serving PDP Commissioners Defect To APC In Bayelsa by allycat: 3:23am On Dec 02, 2015
Why are they campaigning using PDP's 16 years of incompetence when Timi was there for 4 of those years as governor. As a Nigerian it pays me for him to win as he is my personal person, but let us call a spade a spade and not a digging utensil.

49 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Serving PDP Commissioners Defect To APC In Bayelsa by teeboila(m): 4:23am On Dec 02, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
I thought Kogi was 100% PDP since 2003 until APC show them how its done.

Siddon there and be claiming 100% fallacy

with PVC introduction its one man one vote no popularity or propaganda votes or vote swelling after leaving polling units

61 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Serving PDP Commissioners Defect To APC In Bayelsa by akp202(m): 4:47am On Dec 02, 2015
i honestly believeve pdp would win but by chance... now that d apc federal character has come to bayelsa to campaign i hope no voilent was recorded i can vividly remember what happen when jonathan was in katsina ....apc n change

2 Likes

Re: Serving PDP Commissioners Defect To APC In Bayelsa by Femolacaster(m): 4:56am On Dec 02, 2015
May the best person win. But Dickson might win due to Jonathan's influence!

6 Likes

Re: Serving PDP Commissioners Defect To APC In Bayelsa by kolnel: 5:11am On Dec 02, 2015
I sincerely hope the pdp wins
If Apc wins then it's political suicide for Jonathan and then the beginning of the end for pdp
Pdp will be left for useless people like fayose who thinks with his Anus

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Serving PDP Commissioners Defect To APC In Bayelsa by Nobody: 5:22am On Dec 02, 2015
Only a certified fool would expect APC to win in bayelsa!!

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Serving PDP Commissioners Defect To APC In Bayelsa by wilcox(m): 5:30am On Dec 02, 2015
Afeeeeceeee change! Please what change are we talking about? Is it the one that is accompanied by a lot of excuses and never come to pass? My people of BAYELSA please shine your eyes and make the right choice in this critical time that we are presented with the worst CANDIDATE. BUT the 2 are known to us let's chose the best out of the 2.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Serving PDP Commissioners Defect To APC In Bayelsa by PassingShot(m): 5:42am On Dec 02, 2015
I'm loving it that elections have suddenly become very unpredictable and close to call. It's the wonder of PVC and card reader bestowed on us by the one and only Prof. Jega.
Riggers are no longer comfortable with rigging as they're not sure their efforts will not become waste at the end of the day.

TonyeBarcanista, with the crowd I see here, don't be surprised if Sylva wins on Saturday. Prepare for defeat just as you hope for a win.

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Serving PDP Commissioners Defect To APC In Bayelsa by Clerverly: 5:43am On Dec 02, 2015
chukwudi44:

We will know who will be the certified Fool! grin

39 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Serving PDP Commissioners Defect To APC In Bayelsa by Clerverly: 5:47am On Dec 02, 2015
PassingShot:
I'm loving it that elections have suddenly become very unpredictable and close to call. It's the wonder of PVC and card reader bestowed on us by the one and only Prof. Jega.
Riggers are no longer comfortable with rigging as they're not sure their efforts will not become waste at the end of the day.

TonyeBarcanista, with the crowd I see here, don't be surprised if Sylva wins on Saturday. Prepare for defeat just as you hope for a win.

A reliable person, who is based in Balyesa told me yesterday, it will take a Miracle for Dickson to win the election on Saturday.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Serving PDP Commissioners Defect To APC In Bayelsa by wheredemdey: 5:51am On Dec 02, 2015
This post gives room for sober reflection. ...see ayiri emani....GEJ supposed right hand man...someone that made money off GEJ openly dinning with his enemies....even timi alaibe who olusegun adeniyi even said in his books that GEJ protected him when boyloaf and sylva wabted to heap kidnapping charges on his head during yar aduas regime.....see them openly frolicking with his foes..

is it that GEJ is a bad manager of men or what cos I honestly do not understand the kind of betrayal meted out to him in just 6months of him being out of power.

So many of his supposed beneficiaries have all openly denigrated him....this life ehen....human beings are so feeble and untrustworthy.....they are worse than animals as regards loyalty.

69 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Serving PDP Commissioners Defect To APC In Bayelsa by IamPatriotic(m): 5:52am On Dec 02, 2015
chukwudi44:

Hey! I hope you're in your teen and the "44" suffix being a huge prank, because your comments on this forum are always disappointly childish and vogue, can't you just comment without resorting to insults and name calling?

47 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Serving PDP Commissioners Defect To APC In Bayelsa by Eboski(m): 5:56am On Dec 02, 2015
isn't about over flow but let the best candidate win...

1 Like

Re: Serving PDP Commissioners Defect To APC In Bayelsa by stinggy(m): 6:00am On Dec 02, 2015
Even though Elections are not won by crowd at campaign ground (ask Osun PDP during Omisore's campaign - the people just wanted to see guest artistes perform), I really dey fear for this Dickson guy. Even his commissioner and allies are leaving his camp daily.
Sylva truly isn't a better option.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Serving PDP Commissioners Defect To APC In Bayelsa by efilefun(m): 6:02am On Dec 02, 2015
IamPatriotic:

Hey! I hope you're in your teen and the "44" suffix being a huge prank, because your comments on this forum are always disappointly childish and vogue, can't you just comment without resorting to insults and name calling?

Bro don't be deceived by that 44, this dude is a kid who knows nothing and insults anyone who proves him wrong. Could remember a post yesterday when he said Dopesi shouldn't be arrested cuz he wasn't a government official, but he forgot about Pastor Bling Bling whose private jet was used to transport money to SA or is he also a government official

11 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Femi Fani-Kayode Down With Heart Disease, Trial Stalled / Saraki Shares Video From 'Atiku Takes Over Kano' Rally. See Reactions / Protest In Ebonyi As Clement Odah Slaps Chinedu Onah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.