Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,911 members, 7,866,469 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 05:59 PM

Spiritual Digest For The Day 2nd Of December 2015 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Spiritual Digest For The Day 2nd Of December 2015 (282 Views)

What Are The Significance Of Going To Church Every 31st Of December? / Spiritual Digest For The Day 2nd Of May 2016 / Spiritual Digest For The Day 2nd Of February 2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Spiritual Digest For The Day 2nd Of December 2015 by jonatoye(m): 1:54am On Dec 02, 2015
Good Morning! How was your Night?

QUOTE FOR THE DAY
There is a cross at every crossroads. Every man who strongly desires to fulfill his mandate in life, must always bear his cross without hesitation in the direction of God's will on daily basis!

BIBLE VERSE FOR THE DAY
"Then He said to them all, "If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow Me." (Luke 9:23 NKJV).
We cannot but come to crossroads (decisive moment of life) at every point in time on the pathway of destiny. You must always prepare for it as a child of God; for they will be many! However, you are required to always bear your cross on daily basis.

Cross signifies death; an identity which actually shows that you are living but not for yourself. Carrying your cross means that you are living to reflect the will of God; i.e. None of your self will be seen.

The Lord Jesus the author of our faith denied himself and bore the cross to fulfill His mandate. He taught us to do the same if we must come after Him ( i.e. succeed just like He did). In the choice of the cross to carry on daily basis, you must always deny yourself. Also, it is not enough to carry your cross; if you do, you must follow the Lord which is also the complete part of your self-denial. Identifying yourself with the cross is not an option but a must if you truly want to fulfill the course of the Lord.

The devil through his tricks will always present an alternative cross which will appear so easy and lighter to bear due to the fact that it lessen the yoke of the Lord which makes men free from sin. Many men have abandon their yoke for money, fame and material things of the world. The cross you carry will take the best of your productive moment. To win the crown you must bear the old rugged cross on daily basis.

Grace to you in Jesus name. Amen!
Have an Inspired Wednesday!

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Judgment Day / The Christian Life / 151,000 Deaths Per Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.