Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,062 members, 7,835,596 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:14 PM

President Buhari To Travel To Johannesburg For Africa-china Forum - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Buhari To Travel To Johannesburg For Africa-china Forum (894 Views)

Buhari To Travel Tonight For Medical Followup. VP To Takeover / Buhari With Robert Mugabe At Johannesburg Summit (Photo) / Buhari With All Heads-Of-State In Johannesburg, South Africa (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

President Buhari To Travel To Johannesburg For Africa-china Forum by ELVISHOT: 1:57pm On Dec 02, 2015
President Muhammadu Buhari will be in
South Africa , Thursday to participate in the
Forum on China/Africa Cooperation
(FOCAC) taking place in Johannesburg,
December 4-5, 2015.At this forum President
Buhari will follow up his meeting with the
Chinese leader Xi Jinping which took place
on the sidelines of the United Nations
General Assembly meeting in November in
New York.

President Buhari had indicated to Xi Jinping,
the Chinese leader at the bilateral meeting in
New York that he wanted China to re-
commence stalled rail projects under new
terms that would see China providing nearly
all the financing required.

Of particular interest is the coastal railway
project stretching for 1402 kilometers linking
Lagos in the West with Calabar in the East; a
project that is expected to be financed with
12 billion U.S Dollars Chinese loan and
which will create about 200,000 jobs.
Another rail project that will be up for
renegotiation is the $8.3bn Lagos-Kano
standard gauge modernization project, of
which only a segment, Kaduna-Abuja has
reached completion stage.

President Buhari is also expected to discuss
ways of removing all obstacles in the way of
the 3,050 MW Mambila Power Station,
considered a strategic project which was
conceived in 1982 but has not taken off.
The Chinese President had informed
President Buhari of thewillingness of his
country to finance the whole project through
a special loan agreement.

The President, who will be accompanied by
the Minister of Foreign Affairs, Geoffrey
Onyema; Minister of Transportation,
Chubuike Amaechi; and the Minister of
Industry, Trade and Investment, Okechukwu
Enelamah, will return to Abuja on Saturday,
December 5.

Source :http://www.ndubuisiude..com.ng/2015/12/president-buhari-to-travel-to.html?m=1

Lalasticlala

Re: President Buhari To Travel To Johannesburg For Africa-china Forum by osaslord500(m): 1:58pm On Dec 02, 2015
grin, Always traveling

1 Like

Re: President Buhari To Travel To Johannesburg For Africa-china Forum by Opinedecandid(m): 1:58pm On Dec 02, 2015
Our Junketer-in-Chief.
I hail thee.

You promised to hit the ground-running.

You have succeeded to hit the ground grounded at home, and junketing abroad.

4 Likes

Re: President Buhari To Travel To Johannesburg For Africa-china Forum by tolustx(m): 2:00pm On Dec 02, 2015
Bwahahahahahaha...We were expecting that.
With this, he would ve visited abt 12 countries since his inauguration on May 29, when I read somewhere that he has only visited 3 states or so in Nigeria. So which one shud we call visit and which should we say is his residence.

I think it is valid to say we have a president that lives abroad but visits Nigeria once in a while.

Federal workers are still waiting for November salaries, Boko haram still ravaging everywhere, Biafra struggles exclating day by day, Fuel scarcity eating deep, the economy, pssssh... Among all these, our president can't sit and concentrate on a way out of all dis, he's just junketeering about.

There is surely an end...

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari To Travel To Johannesburg For Africa-china Forum by zubizareta(m): 2:03pm On Dec 02, 2015
As Usual...Expected..Safe Journey Baba..

So his visit to Nigeria didnt even last up to 4 days..Nawa oo..we have entered confirmed one chance

Meanwhile, visit this thread for sales and installation of wallpapers, 3D panels etc..

www.nairaland.com/2740519/meriekriss-intl-services-sales-installations
Re: President Buhari To Travel To Johannesburg For Africa-china Forum by Nobody: 2:04pm On Dec 02, 2015
Hahahahahaha....

Buhari pls give us our balance... u can go to hell with your change!

4 Likes

Re: President Buhari To Travel To Johannesburg For Africa-china Forum by Abylyty(m): 2:04pm On Dec 02, 2015
If we don't booo- hari this man eehn

Walahi he will boo-hari us before our time

3 Likes

Re: President Buhari To Travel To Johannesburg For Africa-china Forum by obailala(m): 2:05pm On Dec 02, 2015
As long as it can bring in viable investments to Nigeria, no qualms.

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari To Travel To Johannesburg For Africa-china Forum by Firefire(m): 2:05pm On Dec 02, 2015
Safe trip sir!

1 Like

Re: President Buhari To Travel To Johannesburg For Africa-china Forum by akoshanti(f): 2:31pm On Dec 02, 2015
safe trip baba

pls Sir how long will you be staying on your next visit to Nigeria grin

1 Like

Re: President Buhari To Travel To Johannesburg For Africa-china Forum by hucienda: 2:34pm On Dec 02, 2015
This is now becoming a joke.

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari To Travel To Johannesburg For Africa-china Forum by diasporaman(m): 2:43pm On Dec 02, 2015
This is getting out of hand.

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari To Travel To Johannesburg For Africa-china Forum by Amaso99(m): 2:46pm On Dec 02, 2015
Nomadic president

1 Like

Re: President Buhari To Travel To Johannesburg For Africa-china Forum by cuteboy2: 2:46pm On Dec 02, 2015
*In Sunny Ade's voice*

Ajala travel all of the world (2x),
Ajala travel (2x)
Ajala travel all of the world

Baba Bubu Onitsha is burning ooooo! Abeg come back and run this country you cried and begged us to give you chance

1 Like

Re: President Buhari To Travel To Johannesburg For Africa-china Forum by Super1759: 2:49pm On Dec 02, 2015
This man is not serious. Nna take your change, we don't want again
Re: President Buhari To Travel To Johannesburg For Africa-china Forum by dashore(m): 2:50pm On Dec 02, 2015
d man can travel for Africa....smh*

1 Like

Re: President Buhari To Travel To Johannesburg For Africa-china Forum by fejikudz(m): 2:50pm On Dec 02, 2015
Ajala cheesy

1 Like

Re: President Buhari To Travel To Johannesburg For Africa-china Forum by Nobody: 2:51pm On Dec 02, 2015
After his 3 days visit to Nigeria?

I don't care anymore

Re: President Buhari To Travel To Johannesburg For Africa-china Forum by cuteboy2: 2:52pm On Dec 02, 2015
hucienda:
This is now becoming a joke.

It is more than a joke. We should be weeping. The man does not care. He is enjoying himself wella

Did he even come back from Malta to pick up fresh clothes, or they will send clean singlets and boxers from Aso Rock to him in South Africa?

Re: President Buhari To Travel To Johannesburg For Africa-china Forum by Nobody: 2:54pm On Dec 02, 2015
You guy's should better chain him now before he
takes of his clothes.
Re: President Buhari To Travel To Johannesburg For Africa-china Forum by Nobody: 2:57pm On Dec 02, 2015
I go kill this man oo...I go...I go...

1 Like

Re: President Buhari To Travel To Johannesburg For Africa-china Forum by Agwoden(m): 2:59pm On Dec 02, 2015
But he just visited Nigeria yesterday? Maybe he came to pick some of his clothes. Junketer baba. This Presidential jet was the reason he wanted to be "frezident op Naijeria".
Re: President Buhari To Travel To Johannesburg For Africa-china Forum by lomprico(m): 3:02pm On Dec 02, 2015
obailala:
As long as it can bring in viable investments to Nigeria, no qualms.
I understand! Keep consoling urself.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari To Travel To Johannesburg For Africa-china Forum by babakol(m): 3:07pm On Dec 02, 2015
Lol...this niggah no even send us....he's like ''make una talk,na una get una mouth''
Re: President Buhari To Travel To Johannesburg For Africa-china Forum by masseratti: 3:07pm On Dec 02, 2015
Can't they talk on the phone or send ministers or the VP?
Re: President Buhari To Travel To Johannesburg For Africa-china Forum by benELOHIM7(m): 3:11pm On Dec 02, 2015
My dad used to say "people that are always seen on the road are mostly irresponsible people"
Re: President Buhari To Travel To Johannesburg For Africa-china Forum by Babzrockman: 3:13pm On Dec 02, 2015
Some of u will not read the contents b4 jumping into conclusions.
Although, i was about to abuse Baba for his numerous journeys but when i read the contents, i was impressed.
I pray that the meeting will succeed positively. President Xi, i dofed my cap for u
Re: President Buhari To Travel To Johannesburg For Africa-china Forum by PassingShot(m): 3:17pm On Dec 02, 2015
I have criticized the president on his numerous journeys in the past but looking at this one I can't help but to accept it is very necessary.

Here, we're talking about China-Africa relationship and we know that China has got a lot of money to invest in Africa. So, if we fail to participate and be seen as serious partner looking towards benefiting from their huge investment, we may end up losing out in future investment from China.

(1) (Reply)

PMB Commissions A Massive Project Today. / Declaring Yahaya Bello Kogi Governor-elect A Waste Of Time, Says PDP / It's Now Time To Vomit What You Swallow. Pic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.