Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,363 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:39 PM

Dokpesi: Money I Received Was For Publicity And Media In Political Campaigns - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dokpesi: Money I Received Was For Publicity And Media In Political Campaigns (713 Views)

Nigeria To Set Up “Council To Regulate The Use Of Social Media” In The Country / Seize Any Money I Own In Foreign Accounts, Akpabio Challenges FG / Dokpesi: Money I Received Was For Publicity And Media In Political Campaigns (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dokpesi: Money I Received Was For Publicity And Media In Political Campaigns by not4sure(m): 5:16pm On Dec 02, 2015
In a statement signed by the management of DAAR Communications Plc, he said that around 2.00pm that day, the Ag. Chairman of the EFCC, Alhaji Ibrahim Magu, through a phone call, invited him to the Commission.

On getting there, he was requested to, “shed more light on some payments that were made to him through the office of the erstwhile National Security Adviser to the former President, Malam Sambo Dasuki.”

Dokpesi explained to the EFCC officials that the N2.1 billion that he collected from the former NSA was payment for for publicity and media political campaigns during the 2015 General Elections.”

High Chief Aleogho Dokpesi “made his statement on the various media exposures and campaign transactions which were dutifully carried out based essentially on contractual obligations/relationship.”

The statement however did not explain how the office of the National Security Adviser became the cashier office for the payment of campaign expenses and the source of the money.

A special panel and the EFCC are probing how trillions of naira budgeted for defence were spent in the last eight years. An interim report by the panel already reported phoney contracts in excess of $2 billion.

http://saharareporters.com/2015/12/02/dokpesi-money-i-received-was-publicity-and-media-political-campaigns

1 Like

Re: Dokpesi: Money I Received Was For Publicity And Media In Political Campaigns by Nobody: 5:25pm On Dec 02, 2015
I'm a Buhari supporter but I don't think Dr. Dokpesi has any issues. His company executed a contract it was paid for. It's not his business to question the source of the money.
Re: Dokpesi: Money I Received Was For Publicity And Media In Political Campaigns by Taeewo(m): 5:28pm On Dec 02, 2015
K
Re: Dokpesi: Money I Received Was For Publicity And Media In Political Campaigns by masseratti: 5:34pm On Dec 02, 2015
kITATITA:
I'm a Buhari supporter but I don't think Dr. Dokpesi has any issues. His company executed a contract it was paid for. It's not his business to question the source of the money.
it's a big question to "question source,if the money was paid through the NSA office and not PDP secretariat, then he has been case to answer, I don't think he can come up with such an explanation,there must be a better explanation than that.
Re: Dokpesi: Money I Received Was For Publicity And Media In Political Campaigns by GudluckIBB(m): 5:46pm On Dec 02, 2015
kITATITA:

Dokpesi will be tied for receiving Money from the wrong source.

2 Likes

Re: Dokpesi: Money I Received Was For Publicity And Media In Political Campaigns by agabusta: 6:01pm On Dec 02, 2015
This is getting more interesting. This Dokpesi guy may actually have a lot of skeletons in his cupboard.

I remember that his name also came up during the independence day bombing of 2011 (abi na 2012?)
Re: Dokpesi: Money I Received Was For Publicity And Media In Political Campaigns by agabusta: 6:01pm On Dec 02, 2015
not4sure:
In a statement signed by the management of DAAR Communications Plc, he said that around 2.00pm that day, the Ag. Chairman of the EFCC, Alhaji Ibrahim Magu, through a phone call, invited him to the Commission.

On getting there, he was requested to, “shed more light on some payments that were made to him through the office of the erstwhile National Security Adviser to the former President, Malam Sambo Dasuki.”

Dokpesi explained to the EFCC officials that the N2.1 billion that he collected from the former NSA was payment for for publicity and media political campaigns during the 2015 General Elections.”

High Chief Aleogho Dokpesi “made his statement on the various media exposures and campaign transactions which were dutifully carried out based essentially on contractual obligations/relationship.”

The statement however did not explain how the office of the National Security Adviser became the cashier office for the payment of campaign expenses and the source of the money.

A special panel and the EFCC are probing how trillions of naira budgeted for defence were spent in the last eight years. An interim report by the panel already reported phoney contracts in excess of $2 billion.

http://saharareporters.com/2015/12/02/dokpesi-money-i-received-was-publicity-and-media-political-campaigns

I thought his half-baked lawyer said he didnt receive any payment??
Re: Dokpesi: Money I Received Was For Publicity And Media In Political Campaigns by agabusta: 6:04pm On Dec 02, 2015
kITATITA:

Well, investigators will get to that shortly. No need for anxiety. All the knots they thought they tied on the looted funds to make them too complex to unravel will be gradually sorted out.

Btw

Nobody cares whether you are a Buhari supporter or hater

(1) (Reply)

Bring Back Our Jonathan / Public Support For Buhari Drops -note: Lengthy Reading / Photo: Atiku Abubakar Visits Orphanage For Victims Of Boko Haram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.