Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:20 AM

False Statement On Social Media: Senate Seeks For 2-Year-Jail Term For Offenders - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / False Statement On Social Media: Senate Seeks For 2-Year-Jail Term For Offenders (33467 Views)

Between EFCC & A Twitter User Who Is Displeased Over Oil Thieves 120 Year Jail / Senate Seeks Identification Of 19.5m Cows, 72.5m Goats / Senate Seeks Probe Of $40m Loan To Aviation Industry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: False Statement On Social Media: Senate Seeks For 2-Year-Jail Term For Offenders by codereloader: 6:44pm On Dec 02, 2015
[center]naija[/center]
Re: False Statement On Social Media: Senate Seeks For 2-Year-Jail Term For Offenders by meritamarachi(f): 6:44pm On Dec 02, 2015
welcomed development.
Re: False Statement On Social Media: Senate Seeks For 2-Year-Jail Term For Offenders by Nobody: 6:45pm On Dec 02, 2015
I hope pdp senators won't accept this shit....

1 Like

Re: False Statement On Social Media: Senate Seeks For 2-Year-Jail Term For Offenders by marlockj: 6:45pm On Dec 02, 2015
No freedom of speech then.

This is rubbish

3 Likes

Re: False Statement On Social Media: Senate Seeks For 2-Year-Jail Term For Offenders by Nobody: 6:45pm On Dec 02, 2015
Shit just got real.

Operation parody accounts, fake social media accounts loading.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>99%Complete.

1 Like

Re: False Statement On Social Media: Senate Seeks For 2-Year-Jail Term For Offenders by anytexy: 6:45pm On Dec 02, 2015
oshe11:
SEE DEM.........

END TIME COMMENTS
Pls, how can I double quote?
Re: False Statement On Social Media: Senate Seeks For 2-Year-Jail Term For Offenders by great664(m): 6:45pm On Dec 02, 2015
Fooools shouting good for the bloggers not aware that anything you post that doesn't suit them or their government is scrap and you will be jail, slowly reforming Decree 4 of 1984 in 2015. I shake my head for Nigerians

How many years jail term for political office holders charge with embezzlement or corruption?

How many reading has the implementation of bill that favour the masses pass since 1999?

All Politicians are B.A.S.T.A.R.D I pity for the fools mostly on NL killing themselves over party.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: False Statement On Social Media: Senate Seeks For 2-Year-Jail Term For Offenders by RealBae: 6:46pm On Dec 02, 2015
They want to stop what they started They don win through propaganda and now passing bill. Ndi ara

Now they are feeling the heat. grin grin

APChit.... I hear you

Meanwhile in another news... Una hear say AJALA wan travel to SA again.. Nobi me talk am lipsrsealed

Junketer in ......

2 Likes

Re: False Statement On Social Media: Senate Seeks For 2-Year-Jail Term For Offenders by bayinq25(m): 6:46pm On Dec 02, 2015
simdam500:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/12/2-year-jail-for-offenders-of-abusive-statements-on-social-media/
These thieves should also pass a bill of death sentence for looters!I just do not see anything good with all our greedy leaders..next 4years the same leaders would decamp to pdp then gullible Nigerians would go under the sun to vote for them..there ain't no change...APC AND PDP has no plans for Nigeria...please we know APC is a disaster but let us stop seeing. PDP as d solution coz theyit's they're all d same

5 Likes

Re: False Statement On Social Media: Senate Seeks For 2-Year-Jail Term For Offenders by Dinocarex(m): 6:47pm On Dec 02, 2015
Was it Buhari that passed the bill?
The way una dey hate on Mr. President ehnnn!!

Back to the topic, these our lawmakers are jokers!! Real one! 2 years for false information? Although, it will curtail some irrevants news but its too much na
6 months or option of fine or ability not to blog again is better.
Re: False Statement On Social Media: Senate Seeks For 2-Year-Jail Term For Offenders by ValerianSteel(m): 6:47pm On Dec 02, 2015
Nigerians should protest these types of bills that trample on the fundamental rights of others.

This bill will deny Nigerians the freedom of expression,freedom to form an opinion,freedom to say what you may especially online.This bill is meant to silence Nigerians from attacking government policies.

They want to turn Nigeria to Saudi Arabia attaching a 2year jail term when you voice out against persons,government or companies.This bill must not pass,the earlier Nigerians voice out against it,the better for the country.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: False Statement On Social Media: Senate Seeks For 2-Year-Jail Term For Offenders by Nobody: 6:47pm On Dec 02, 2015
How is this bill going to see the light of the day when lie Muhammad and oshiomole are still members of AP

2 Likes

Re: False Statement On Social Media: Senate Seeks For 2-Year-Jail Term For Offenders by BrainnewsNg(f): 6:48pm On Dec 02, 2015
A welcome development
But, who will be the first to fall a victim?
Re: False Statement On Social Media: Senate Seeks For 2-Year-Jail Term For Offenders by Seunaj05(m): 6:48pm On Dec 02, 2015
dominique:
That ought to put the silly bloggers and lazy journalists in check. If you cannot investigate a story properly before publishing it, then find something else to do with your lives.
you seem not to understand the implication of this bill. Ao many allegations levelled against clowns and political office holders can be proven? does it mean that they are all false allegations? I think most of them usually turns out to be true. But with this bill now, our freedom of speech has been taken away. 105 soldiers were captured, who can provide evidence? Does it mean that it is a false allegation?? even BBC reported it. It thus means that with the existence of this bill, bloggers and Nigerian news papers wouldn't have been able to carry that news. This is an attempt by the APC government to keep ppl in the dark and it should not be supported.
Incase you don't know, Saraki's corruption allegations were first circulated by ordinary Kwarans on social media b4 the CCT eventually charged him to court. Unfortunately, till today even CCT has not been able to prove him culpable. U know how many ordinary Kwarans that would have been arrested if this bill was in place??
Someone should pls quote this and move it to front page, Nigerians needs to be enlightened

15 Likes 5 Shares

Re: False Statement On Social Media: Senate Seeks For 2-Year-Jail Term For Offenders by justmenoni: 6:48pm On Dec 02, 2015
So in other words if u caught a politician stealing u'd think twice b4 reporting cos this is naija if the politician could bribe their way out then u the reporter would have urself to blame...so wats the point of d stupid whistle blower law?? Naija politicans abi na law makers are just confused set of people but all the same thk God sey dem no mention Nairaland bet me I no go kuku dey critize any politician now so if dem like mk dem suck us dry oooooooooo so GEJ na real hero be dat cos d rate wey ppl yab am for Nairaland ain't kids play...

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: False Statement On Social Media: Senate Seeks For 2-Year-Jail Term For Offenders by Nobody: 6:48pm On Dec 02, 2015
massinola:
And what jail term or fine awaits an individual, firm, organizations, group of people, or government that makes unrealistic promises to another and comes back to deny them. we are waiting and watching.
dont mind the idiots....they are yet to pass the pib and here they are struggling to stifle freedom of speech...

1 Like

Re: False Statement On Social Media: Senate Seeks For 2-Year-Jail Term For Offenders by Nobody: 6:49pm On Dec 02, 2015
and what exactly do they mean by 'false statement' cos I have a feeling making statements about the ruling party or speaking against a government official might over time be treated as false statements
Re: False Statement On Social Media: Senate Seeks For 2-Year-Jail Term For Offenders by BrainnewsNg(f): 6:50pm On Dec 02, 2015
Mee234:
How is this bill going to see the light of the day when lie Muhammad and oshiomole are still members of AP

Imagine

This days, all Nigerians are journalist.

Their talent is always display on Social media.

1 Like

Re: False Statement On Social Media: Senate Seeks For 2-Year-Jail Term For Offenders by Nobody: 6:50pm On Dec 02, 2015
RevDesmondJuju:

This bill is to silence you.

Your personal opinion can be tagged as false information if it doesn't suit them.

The bill is meant to discourage debate and free speech - the very fabric of democracy.

Don't let your foolish fanatiscm for your political gods lead you into bondage.
it wouod soon be clear as day light when we return back to the undemocratic days of buhari...buhari doesnt want to be lampooned for his incompetence...

6 Likes

Re: False Statement On Social Media: Senate Seeks For 2-Year-Jail Term For Offenders by signz: 6:50pm On Dec 02, 2015
udemzy101:
I hope pdp senators won't accept this shit....

The Ayes will have it. APC senators are majority.

However, I doubt if Tinubu himself will support this bill. So let's hope that APC senators from SW won't support this bill.

1 Like

Re: False Statement On Social Media: Senate Seeks For 2-Year-Jail Term For Offenders by great664(m): 6:50pm On Dec 02, 2015
Acidosis:
Shebi that's when you write the original names of the political office holders.

Does Nigerian courts recognise Buhari as Bubu?

cheesy
Yes I won't insult Buhari, but I can Ulter malicious statements against Bubu! It's time to enrich my dear Lawyers
grin grin
Lol grin grin grin you got me on this, except Buhari will swore an affidavit in the law court that he is Buhari Bubu Dullard Dullardhino Buhari one chance kunu sipping body odour maggot, then I will pay or go to jail.
Re: False Statement On Social Media: Senate Seeks For 2-Year-Jail Term For Offenders by Lincoln275(m): 6:51pm On Dec 02, 2015
i love this
Re: False Statement On Social Media: Senate Seeks For 2-Year-Jail Term For Offenders by Nobody: 6:51pm On Dec 02, 2015
obo2t:
That's very nice. It will reduce false statements and propaganda hopefully.

And silence you forever.

1 Like

Re: False Statement On Social Media: Senate Seeks For 2-Year-Jail Term For Offenders by victorlake(m): 6:51pm On Dec 02, 2015
Fayose, take note.

1 Like

Re: False Statement On Social Media: Senate Seeks For 2-Year-Jail Term For Offenders by islandmoon: 6:51pm On Dec 02, 2015
indirect way of reversing freedom of information given to us by GEJ! i think any politician who blow lies during campaign should also be jailed! they have been broadcasting lies on social media without any punishment ! this is jargon! it remind me of Animal Farm by George Orwell , all animals are equal but some are more equals than the others!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: False Statement On Social Media: Senate Seeks For 2-Year-Jail Term For Offenders by phreakabit(m): 6:52pm On Dec 02, 2015
I like this Buhari style civil-dictatorship.
Re: False Statement On Social Media: Senate Seeks For 2-Year-Jail Term For Offenders by Nobody: 6:53pm On Dec 02, 2015
simdam500:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/12/2-year-jail-for-offenders-of-abusive-statements-on-social-media/
Apc politicians and apologists used this same false information and propaganda against past administration.
Re: False Statement On Social Media: Senate Seeks For 2-Year-Jail Term For Offenders by BrainnewsNg(f): 6:53pm On Dec 02, 2015
bayinq25:
These thieves should also pass a bill of death sentence for looters!I just do not see anything good with all our greedy leaders..next 4years the same leaders would decamp to pdp then gullible Nigerians would go under the sun to vote for them..there ain't no change...APC AND PDP has no plans for Nigeria...please we know APC is a disaster but let us stop seeing. PDP as d solution coz theyit's they're all d same

Yes

We habitat confused politicians.

1 Like

Re: False Statement On Social Media: Senate Seeks For 2-Year-Jail Term For Offenders by egobetatoday: 6:54pm On Dec 02, 2015
princeofpeace22:
APC= army power command
Democracy where are thou
we told them, they refused to listen.
Apc change indeed!
Re: False Statement On Social Media: Senate Seeks For 2-Year-Jail Term For Offenders by egobetatoday: 6:54pm On Dec 02, 2015
princeofpeace22:
APC= army power command
Democracy where are thou
we told them, they refused to listen.
Apc change indeed!
Re: False Statement On Social Media: Senate Seeks For 2-Year-Jail Term For Offenders by 989900: 6:54pm On Dec 02, 2015
Sick Senate . . . full of scammers - jail me!

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

I Need Oshiomhole's Services In Abuja- Buhari / Bonaventure Enemali, Igala Man Appointed As Commissioner In Anambra State / Col. Ajayi Reveals What TY Danjuma Told Them During Military Training

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.