Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,383 members, 7,829,996 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:40 PM

Sahara Reporters And Ben Murray-Bruce 'Fight' Over Social Media Bill(Tweets) - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sahara Reporters And Ben Murray-Bruce 'Fight' Over Social Media Bill(Tweets) (38985 Views)

Muhammad Ali And Ben Murray-Bruce 1984 Throwback Photo / Deji Adeyanju Blasts David Mark, Oduah And Ben Bruce / Adeola Of Sahara Reporters And President Buhari Take A Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sahara Reporters And Ben Murray-Bruce 'Fight' Over Social Media Bill(Tweets) by Twy: 2:24am On Dec 03, 2015
Vig86:
This is the BILL
The bill is called “A Bill for an Act to Prohibit frivolous
Petitions and other Matters Connected therewith”.
It reads thus,
“Where any person in order to circumvent this
law makes any allegation and or publish any
statement, petition in any paper, radio, or any
medium of whatever description, with malicious
intent to discredit or set the public against any
person or group of persons, institutions of
government, he shall be guilty of an offence and
upon conviction, shall be liable to an imprisonment term of two years or a fine of N4,000,000.00” the bill specified. On social media, the bill reads;

“Where any person through text message ,tweets,
WhatsApp or through any social media post any
abusive statement knowing same to be false with
intent to set the public against any person and
group of persons, an institution of government or
such other bodies established by law shall be
guilty of an offence and upon conviction, shall be
liable to an imprisonment for two years or a fine
of N2,000,000.00 or both fine and imprisonment.”

The bill said it shall be an offence for any petition to
be submitted without a sworn affidavit from the law
court.

This law does not make sense, I do not know the intention of the law because there should be laws that exist against defamation or slander in the books, they can review thoses laws and see whether it is ok. Also it makes sense to prove that the law is for the public good than for private good, both in Nigeria, a select group of inidivudals private benefit is promoted as a public good. If it is for private benefits who are those pshing the bill, it should not be the senators sponsoring the bill but individuals who are faced with that kind of situation. If it is a private bill, it is better to refer it to a civil court. I think people should not lie to tarnish imag, I have gone through that but never will I support imprisonment, apology or a public apology will suffice. I was abused once but I considerd those people to be stupid, I will prefer an apology but imprisonment does not make sense. They are trying to make it a bigger issue than defamation and it should not be.

3 Likes

Re: Sahara Reporters And Ben Murray-Bruce 'Fight' Over Social Media Bill(Tweets) by engrlarex(m): 2:29am On Dec 03, 2015
this Obama look on Ben Bruce is annoying and he reasoned like a yoruba artist called Elesho aka Enunjawaya. the question is why don't u inform the public about it before it passed through second reading, the only thing the eediot does is to be thanking Igbos for turning out enmasse to vote for themselves in Lagos. Agunmaniye ara galatia.
Re: Sahara Reporters And Ben Murray-Bruce 'Fight' Over Social Media Bill(Tweets) by Haryohdeji(m): 2:58am On Dec 03, 2015
SNEAKING[b]SNEAKING[/b]SNEAKING
Re: Sahara Reporters And Ben Murray-Bruce 'Fight' Over Social Media Bill(Tweets) by dokunbam(m): 3:00am On Dec 03, 2015
GenOrumov:
He only rants on twitter but keeps mute when these same issues he rants about are being debated. Anytime I see him on STv with his usual rhetoric, I immediately switch channels.

Ben bruce should just admit he's a loud mouth for nothing.
Re: Sahara Reporters And Ben Murray-Bruce 'Fight' Over Social Media Bill(Tweets) by Abylyty(m): 3:32am On Dec 03, 2015
efilefun:

Dude seems you also got comprehension problem just like the man who looks like obama but reasons like koro. Read the first tweet from SR and point out where they said that TweetLord was the one who pushed it for second reading

Oh the same way NSA is another wing of PDP who pays the media for political campaigns?

Oga. These probably were not the first set of tweets they had. In Ben Bruce's first tweet he noted that they had already published a lie befor they came looking for info. So stop tagging people dullards like ure slave master
Re: Sahara Reporters And Ben Murray-Bruce 'Fight' Over Social Media Bill(Tweets) by ddjay: 4:12am On Dec 03, 2015
Re: Sahara Reporters And Ben Murray-Bruce 'Fight' Over Social Media Bill(Tweets) by efilefun(m): 4:47am On Dec 03, 2015
Abylyty:

Oga. These probably were not the first set of tweets they had. In Ben Bruce's first tweet he noted that they had already published a lie befor they came looking for info. So stop tagging people dullards like ure slave master
And you here calling someone a dullard abegiii
Re: Sahara Reporters And Ben Murray-Bruce 'Fight' Over Social Media Bill(Tweets) by SegunAdewole: 5:40am On Dec 03, 2015
Finally Freedom of expression and information is being destroyed thanks to Ibn Ayatollah muhammadu Buhari.
Re: Sahara Reporters And Ben Murray-Bruce 'Fight' Over Social Media Bill(Tweets) by azzima(m): 5:57am On Dec 03, 2015
Ben Bruce. .....Mr MOTOR-MOUTH! !!!!!!
Re: Sahara Reporters And Ben Murray-Bruce 'Fight' Over Social Media Bill(Tweets) by ddeola: 6:29am On Dec 03, 2015
Ben Bruce is fake, he is not a reliable senator. Nigerians will kick him out come the next election.

He should just focus on his private business if he can't be a responsible and reliable senator. Shikena !
Re: Sahara Reporters And Ben Murray-Bruce 'Fight' Over Social Media Bill(Tweets) by KUNZY02(m): 6:33am On Dec 03, 2015
Where is the lie here @murray Bruce even I you did not vote for the bill assume that's what you are claiming but you are in the house which means you must be aware of th bill I you have kept quiet about it it Is t shield it from th public which literally means you aided it or helped it is go through by not letting the people you claim you represent know about a bill that could impact negatively on how the contribute to the polity.
Re: Sahara Reporters And Ben Murray-Bruce 'Fight' Over Social Media Bill(Tweets) by Nobody: 7:09am On Dec 03, 2015
Twy:

This law does not make sense, I do not know the intention of the law because there should be laws that exist against defamation or slander in the books, they can review thoses laws and see whether it is ok. Also it makes sense to prove that the law is for the public good than for private good, both in Nigeria, a select group of inidivudals private benefit is promoted as a public good. If it is for private benefits who are those pshing the bill, it should not be the senators sponsoring the bill but individuals who are faced with that kind of situation. If it is a private bill, it is better to refer it to a civil court. I think people should not lie to tarnish imag, I have gone through that but never will I support imprisonment, apology or a public apology will suffice. I was abused once but I considerd those people to be stupid, I will prefer an apology but imprisonment does not make sense. They are trying to make it a bigger issue than defamation and it should not be.
It is their plan to shut the public up about the government. I know that they will twist the law to the level that the public will not have a say or be afraid of this government.
Re: Sahara Reporters And Ben Murray-Bruce 'Fight' Over Social Media Bill(Tweets) by favronke: 7:44am On Dec 03, 2015
Na wa oo. Ever body dey vex 4 dis country ooo. Yesterday na actress and fans. 2day na. Senator and reporter. Let wait 4 2moro own. May GOD heal. Dis great nation
Re: Sahara Reporters And Ben Murray-Bruce 'Fight' Over Social Media Bill(Tweets) by podosci(m): 8:19am On Dec 03, 2015
Ben Bruce sat through the first and second reading and did nothing to rally the masses he claims to speak for.... If you do nothing when good men do nothing

1 Like

Re: Sahara Reporters And Ben Murray-Bruce 'Fight' Over Social Media Bill(Tweets) by Ali97(m): 8:50am On Dec 03, 2015
What is wrong with this bill for God seek? if you know what you are posting is true then you will not be held responsible. i think this bill will help the target audience to believe whatever someone posted
Re: Sahara Reporters And Ben Murray-Bruce 'Fight' Over Social Media Bill(Tweets) by Myself2(m): 8:54am On Dec 03, 2015
obum88:

Fool! At your age anyone who shares his view contrary to yours is a wailer. Better wake up. I expect the intelligent one like you to tell us what you 'deduce' from the exchange. Programmed mofo.

Ouccch
Mehn you just finished the mo'fvcker

1 Like

Re: Sahara Reporters And Ben Murray-Bruce 'Fight' Over Social Media Bill(Tweets) by shizzy7(f): 9:20am On Dec 03, 2015
GenOrumov:
He only rants on twitter but keeps mute when these same issues he rants about are being debated. Anytime I see him on STv with his usual rhetoric, I immediately switch channels.

Ben bruce should just admit he's a loud mouth for nothing.
Thank You.
I don't understand this man he's always on Twitter tweeting different things, always on his STV telling the citizens what he's supposed to say at the National Assembly but watch the Senate proceedings on NTA or AIT he's invincible talk less of moving a notion or discussing.

To me, he's not making common sense.
Re: Sahara Reporters And Ben Murray-Bruce 'Fight' Over Social Media Bill(Tweets) by Boyooosa(m): 9:28am On Dec 03, 2015
12345DKO:
Good evening house. Please I need to get
#10000 by Sunday December 6, 2015, since I do
not want to inconvenient family and friends, I
decided to do labour work that will enable me
raise the money before this Sunday. So please if
you know where I can get to do any legitimate
labour work on the mainland that can get me the
cash, kindly post it here or send it to my email
address boboye209@gmail.com or call
08121474421. Thank you very much and God
bless you all.
sorry i stay in abuja i would av loved to help out bt wish u BOL anyway!
Re: Sahara Reporters And Ben Murray-Bruce 'Fight' Over Social Media Bill(Tweets) by Sheggy13(m): 9:38am On Dec 03, 2015
chiefobdk:

after lying against him Sahara lieporters 've no moral ground to accuse him.
If you could please point out where SR lied against him from these tweet exchanges on this thread,I'll be very happy. SR simply said he knew about the bill but didn't make any comment about it,like he always comments on many issues using his twitter handle.. how is that a lie? Are u saying Ben Bruce isn't truly aware of this bill that has passed the first reading on the floor of the Senate when he as a Senator should be there when this bill was being debated on the floor of the Senate; while we ordinary Nigerians already know about the bill? SR never said Ben Bruce helped pass the bill to 2nd reading as he's trying to lie against them but that he was aware of the bill and kept silent about it.

1 Like

Re: Sahara Reporters And Ben Murray-Bruce 'Fight' Over Social Media Bill(Tweets) by Sheggy13(m): 9:46am On Dec 03, 2015
SegunAdewole:
Finally Freedom of expression and information is being destroyed thanks to Ibn Ayatollah muhammadu Buhari.
I never knew Buhari has become a Senator that now propose bills,and that only APC members are in the Senate to pass bills. Common sense is truly not common. Your case is a practical example.

1 Like

Re: Sahara Reporters And Ben Murray-Bruce 'Fight' Over Social Media Bill(Tweets) by PHATE007(f): 9:57am On Dec 03, 2015
exlinkleads:

Una never see anything.

Don't worry bro, Buhari will still visit Nigeria for one week tour before he will go back to his country which invariably i don't know is in the air.

APC Kwanu Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
my dear, am team GEJ any day anytime.... I just pity those when vote d #change in..... Dem never see anything yet
Re: Sahara Reporters And Ben Murray-Bruce 'Fight' Over Social Media Bill(Tweets) by 12345DKO(m): 11:09am On Dec 03, 2015
Boyooosa:

sorry i stay in abuja i would av loved to help out bt wish u BOL anyway!
Thanks all the same

1 Like

Re: Sahara Reporters And Ben Murray-Bruce 'Fight' Over Social Media Bill(Tweets) by don4real18(m): 11:46am On Dec 03, 2015
It is very sad that the little right we have wants to be snatched away from us by the senate. The bill that prohibits freedom of information against a public office holder without a sworn affidavit has just passed a second reading and it is quite shameful that it has been given an accelerated response when there are more pressing issues in the economy. If I should express my grievances on any form of media without an affidavit from the court of law, I risk imprisonment for 2 years or a fine of about 4 million and yet, we are in a democratic era. It's a shame we voted politicians who could think of this so as cut the hands of the masses short. It's a shame politicians who preached about common sense watched the bill pass into a second reading. It's a shame that our rights are being snatched from us in bits and nothing is being done about it. And it will remain a shame, if after seeing this, the youths of this nation still sit idle
Re: Sahara Reporters And Ben Murray-Bruce 'Fight' Over Social Media Bill(Tweets) by baralatie(m): 12:11pm On Dec 03, 2015
drberry:
Lol these two people funny sha... Ben Bruce just sounding like he wants to cry because they lied against him grin... Meanwhile Sahara Reports have been lying from time immemorial. They're another wing of APC LYING LIARS... Now that Ben Bruce has put up a link of where they lied, they're speechless. tongue tongue grin grin
Re: Sahara Reporters And Ben Murray-Bruce 'Fight' Over Social Media Bill(Tweets) by emmaelectelect(m): 2:11pm On Dec 03, 2015
nnamdibig:
But why is he refusing to admit or deny that he was aware of the bill?

That would be after SaharaReporters known for mis-information admits Ben never pushed any Bill
Re: Sahara Reporters And Ben Murray-Bruce 'Fight' Over Social Media Bill(Tweets) by badesco(m): 2:56pm On Dec 03, 2015
If care is not taken, sahara Reporters will destroy the nascent democracy currently enjoyed in this country - Nigeria.
Re: Sahara Reporters And Ben Murray-Bruce 'Fight' Over Social Media Bill(Tweets) by ProudOlodo: 3:49pm On Dec 03, 2015
ammyluv2002:
Social media
Nice signature cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sahara Reporters And Ben Murray-Bruce 'Fight' Over Social Media Bill(Tweets) by ammyluv2002(f): 3:52pm On Dec 03, 2015
ProudOlodo:

Nice signature cool
Thanks grin
Re: Sahara Reporters And Ben Murray-Bruce 'Fight' Over Social Media Bill(Tweets) by favourlove1: 6:55pm On Dec 03, 2015
OAFMods:

Seriously, That was the only thing you were able to deduce from the exchange ! Anyway I want to believe you are more intelligent than that you are just being sympathetic to your wailing team.
shut the Bleep up! Apc bigot. We are talking about professionalism here. Y can't sahara reporters verify an info like bruice rightly pointed out? They sit n write trash about people n nigerians swallow hook line n sinker. Do you think everything they publish is true? They should eat the humble pie n apologise
Re: Sahara Reporters And Ben Murray-Bruce 'Fight' Over Social Media Bill(Tweets) by SACI: 7:31pm On Dec 03, 2015
siraj1402:
Agayas. ;DD

Meanwhile urgently in need of about 10,000 kg of moringa seed.
We are ready to pick it up anywhere and its cash and carry
WhatsApp or call 08036534549 or 09053809366 07087633340
U need it I got it...where u at..?
Re: Sahara Reporters And Ben Murray-Bruce 'Fight' Over Social Media Bill(Tweets) by VickyRotex(f): 10:15pm On Dec 03, 2015
MrBasketball:
Are you neutral on this matter or what?

Not sure undecided undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Chinedum Orji: Orji Kalu, My Dad, Gov Ikpeazu And I / Osinbajo Campaign: RCCG Youth Pastor Calls For Sack Of RCCG Head Politics Dir / Only Zombies Are Obedient – Femi Kuti

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.