Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,530 members, 7,819,909 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:22 AM

France(0) Vs Nigeria(1) On Tuesday 2nd June - Sports (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / France(0) Vs Nigeria(1) On Tuesday 2nd June (16803 Views)

Poll: Which country will win this friendly?

France: 42% (45 votes)
Nigeria: 35% (37 votes)
Draw: 21% (23 votes)
This poll has ended

Jordan Vs Nigeria - (1 - 0) International Friendly On 28th October 2013 / Ghana Vs Egypt - World Cup Qualifier: (6 - 1) On Tuesday 15 October 2013 / 2014 WC Qualifier : Malawi Vs Nigeria (1 - 1) On June 9 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: France(0) Vs Nigeria(1) On Tuesday 2nd June by Nezan(m): 1:02pm On Jun 03, 2009
It was a good game. I didnt give them a chance to win.
Re: France(0) Vs Nigeria(1) On Tuesday 2nd June by Renz(m): 2:24pm On Jun 03, 2009
Well yesterdays friendly was good but we still espect more than that, I wont give the SE credit untill I see what their perfomance will be in the clash with Kenya.

Lets wait and see. . .
Re: France(0) Vs Nigeria(1) On Tuesday 2nd June by oluomok(m): 2:47pm On Jun 03, 2009
The the boy are ok

Re: France(0) Vs Nigeria(1) On Tuesday 2nd June by Nobody: 2:52pm On Jun 03, 2009
SUPER EAGLES GOAL! GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  grin

This guy jst dey Dabaru dem yesterday!! Uche the garri Mast3R!

We can improve mor3!

We played far better than Franc3 yesterday! even with Henry playing on the pitch yesterday won't make any F U C K I N differenc3!

I pray w3 QuaLify for th3 WorLd Cup!

May God HeLp us!  grin
Re: France(0) Vs Nigeria(1) On Tuesday 2nd June by djcrucifix(m): 4:30pm On Jun 03, 2009
honestly i wasn't expecting us to win. but the boy's gave a good account of themselves.
Re: France(0) Vs Nigeria(1) On Tuesday 2nd June by virgie(f): 4:33pm On Jun 03, 2009
as far as I am concerned, the boys did a good job. I was impressed particularly with the Defence. If only they can get to play this way(or even better) in their remaining qualifiers?
Re: France(0) Vs Nigeria(1) On Tuesday 2nd June by shilling(f): 4:50pm On Jun 03, 2009
Congrats to the Eagles,
Re: France(0) Vs Nigeria(1) On Tuesday 2nd June by naso2(m): 5:04pm On Jun 03, 2009
I have always been a big critic of Amodu, but I must confess that he got it right last nite. The team needs this kind of confidence in the battle of TUNIS where the ticket to WC2010 will be decided.
Re: France(0) Vs Nigeria(1) On Tuesday 2nd June by hammer07: 5:48pm On Jun 03, 2009
I would love these new boyz to be given a chance to express themselves, i could see the hunger to succeed, i believe they can bring back the glory to the senior national team.
Re: France(0) Vs Nigeria(1) On Tuesday 2nd June by Vuitton(m): 6:40pm On Jun 03, 2009
Congrats Super Eagles!!!
Re: France(0) Vs Nigeria(1) On Tuesday 2nd June by chrisical(m): 8:13pm On Jun 03, 2009
Best eagles performance for years.Congrats eagles
Re: France(0) Vs Nigeria(1) On Tuesday 2nd June by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 8:53pm On Jun 03, 2009
always feel like puking when nigerians fail to observe a game for tell-tale signs of failure and propose adjustments early.

Let it be known today that should the overly-skillful and individually talented Eagles meet Kenya, we are out of the World Cup in SA.

Why, the boys never for a moment strung up un-interrupted passes till the try at the opponents end. rather the ball was dribbled and bashed back and forth until it happened at the feet of some player who did a quick cross to score the goal, individuals do not carry the game. a team does and if you lot cannot see that, then history will repeat itself. a lowly team like kenya's will beat our richly talented players anyday.

mark my words
Re: France(0) Vs Nigeria(1) On Tuesday 2nd June by Jaytee67(m): 11:11pm On Jun 03, 2009
While joining other Nigerians in congratulating SE we are still waiting for their performance against Kenya
Re: France(0) Vs Nigeria(1) On Tuesday 2nd June by Jaytee67(m): 11:49pm On Jun 03, 2009
While joining millions of Nigerian soccer lovers in congratulating the Super Eagles, I wish to reiterate that this performance against France should not go into our head too much that we forget the more important task of walloping the Kenyans to boost our chance of qualifying for the South Africa 2010. Congrats!
Re: France(0) Vs Nigeria(1) On Tuesday 2nd June by Fadajasi(m): 1:00am On Jun 04, 2009
SE played a defensive game on tuesday, just like liverpool
Re: France(0) Vs Nigeria(1) On Tuesday 2nd June by Remii(m): 4:20am On Jun 04, 2009
Naija gbona feli feli !!!!!!!!!!!
Re: France(0) Vs Nigeria(1) On Tuesday 2nd June by Nobody: 11:13am On Jun 04, 2009
amodu just pack defensive midfielders put 4 march. 4 im mind im na rafa benitez. im never see anytin. mumu.
Re: France(0) Vs Nigeria(1) On Tuesday 2nd June by Nobody: 11:16am On Jun 04, 2009
amodu just pack defensive midfielders put 4 march. 4 im mind im na rafa benitez. im never see anytin. mumu.
Re: France(0) Vs Nigeria(1) On Tuesday 2nd June by Nobody: 11:19am On Jun 04, 2009
Re: France(0) Vs Nigeria(1) On Tuesday 2nd June by Sagamite(m): 2:21pm On Jun 04, 2009
registrar:

Hmmm, let me see.

So Kalu Uche is a DM? Odemwingie is a DM? Kanu is DM? Etuhu is a DM?

Mr Analysis. angry
Re: France(0) Vs Nigeria(1) On Tuesday 2nd June by kevoh(m): 2:32pm On Jun 04, 2009
From the posts I've read, I'm beginning to wonder if most of us really watched the match! Defensive Midfielders indeed!
Re: France(0) Vs Nigeria(1) On Tuesday 2nd June by Sagamite(m): 2:45pm On Jun 04, 2009
kevoh:

From the posts I've read, I'm beginning to wonder if most of us really watched the match! Defensive Midfielders indeed!

There are times some people feel the need to open their mouth all because others are talking.
Re: France(0) Vs Nigeria(1) On Tuesday 2nd June by davidif: 4:25pm On Jun 04, 2009
as far as I am concerned, the boys did a good job. I was impressed particularly with the Defence. If only they can get to play this way(or even better) in their remaining qualifiers?

Ehn shocked shocked, were we watching the same match? The French had at least 4 chances on goal, if not Enyeama, the match would have been over a long time. Can you imagine what would have happened if Thierry Henry, Florent Malouda or David Trezeguet had played. Omo, let's put this into perspective, we beat a good French team and not a great one.
Re: France(0) Vs Nigeria(1) On Tuesday 2nd June by Jarus(m): 5:21pm On Jun 04, 2009
davidif:

Ehn shocked shocked, were we watching the same match? The French had at least 4 chances on goal, if not Enyeama, the match would have been over a long time. Can you imagine what would have happened if Thierry Henry, Florent Malouda or David Trezeguet had played. Omo, let's put this into perspective, we beat a good French team and not a great one.
Davidif, I disagree with you here. You can't look at it from one side. An average Nigerian team defeated a good French team. That's it. Nigeria also did not parade it's strongest 11. We can easily argue that Nigeria would also have done better with Martins, Yakubu, Mikel, Yobo.

A team that had Ribery(best french player at the moment), Anelka(fresh from EPL as highest goal scorer), Vieira(one of the finest Midfielders to have graced the game of football), Benzema(a world-class forward) and Evra(one of the best left-backs in the world) is a great team by all standards. Or do you expect Benzema,Henry,Trezeguet and Anelka to play together.

Their goal-scoring chances missed were not because they didn't play it well, but because our keeper and defenders were wonderful. Henry or Trezeguet would not have done better. Don't mention Malouda.
Re: France(0) Vs Nigeria(1) On Tuesday 2nd June by Jarus(m): 5:24pm On Jun 04, 2009
davidif:

Davidif, I disagree with you here. You can't look at it from one side. An average Nigerian team defeated a good French team. That's it. Nigeria also did not parade it's strongest 11. We can easily argue that Nigeria would also have done better with Martins, Yakubu, Mikel, Yobo.

A team that had Ribery(best french player at the moment), Anelka(fresh from EPL as highest goal scorer), Vieira(one of the finest Midfielders to have graced the game of football), Benzema(a world-class forward) and Evra(one of the best left-backs in the world) is a great team by all standards. Or do you expect Benzema,Henry,Trezeguet and Anelka to play together?

Their goal-scoring chances missed were not because they didn't play it well, but because our keeper and defenders were wonderful. Henry or Trezeguet would not have done better. Don't mention Malouda.
Re: France(0) Vs Nigeria(1) On Tuesday 2nd June by Sagamite(m): 5:57pm On Jun 04, 2009
davidif:

Omo, we did not have Yobo, TT, Mikel, Obodo, Obasi, Yakubu or Martins. Minus Obodo, all the others will probably be gauranteed a place in our first team.

The price of Ribery, Anelka and Benzema will probably buy every player in the team we used and on the bench. So we won a top team with an average side.
Re: France(0) Vs Nigeria(1) On Tuesday 2nd June by davidif: 6:20pm On Jun 04, 2009

Jarus
WHAT!!! DID I READ YOU CORRECTLY?? You said that Henry or Trezeguet would not have done any better!! You and i both know what the result would have been if they had taken one of those chances instead of Loic Remy. Let's be honest and put this victory in perspective, we still don't have a world class team as evidenced BY OUR PASSING IN THE FINAL THIRD OF THE PITCH. The passing there was just absolutely awful (i hope its because there was no Mikel). Overall, when it comes to passing ability, our play was occassionally scrappy; some of our passes were mistimed, heck, some players didn't even know how to cross.
One thing i also observed was that Nigerians still seem to be using the long ball approach of England, instead of the ball possession of Spain, Argentina and every great footballing side. They seem to forget that football is played on the ground and that grass does not grow on the sky. All we did was just boot the ball from defense and hope and pray that Osaze or Ike would latch on to it. All that "spray and pray" nonsense would not work if you want to win a World Cup. I would love to see us play a GREAT team like Spain and Argentina before actually saying that this our team is worthy of being called GREAT.

Now having said all this, i thoroughly enjoyed watching this guys play, there style was a breath of fresh air compared to watching European football. The players had so much flare and skill and were willing to attack and take on players. Watching even our central midfielders running at central defenders was fun. I hope to see more of that, now if we can blend this with a much better passing game. We would be absolutely unstoppable.
Re: France(0) Vs Nigeria(1) On Tuesday 2nd June by switch47(m): 6:56pm On Jun 04, 2009
@ DAVIDF

Common go find something chop.
Re: France(0) Vs Nigeria(1) On Tuesday 2nd June by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 9:12am On Jun 05, 2009
after the kenya match sebi u will all go back to work and start preparing to chat about nations cup and how we are crushing minnows
Re: France(0) Vs Nigeria(1) On Tuesday 2nd June by IKEYMAN1: 11:09am On Jun 05, 2009
[b][size=20pt]this thread is a big africa joke of the year!!

talk talk ahaa complete noooooooooooooooonseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!! yes sir

now get this in ur head super eagles playyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyed well

oh yes france missed chances, but u failed to know eagles could have scored 2 more; one was saved on the line in the post by a french defender, and  the other was booted away by their defender dammmmmmmmmmit

mikel, hmm not too sure now, i think kalu uche should ta ke his place in the 1st team, he should be in the bench, utaka as well etc

evra said se played like Brasil

gerrand houreil se kill kenya!

wenger  amodu should keep this team

odegami eyema should keep against kenya

taribo west hmm kalu uche has shown he can put on some competition against mikel; hmm read along the line

ikepa days of bigmanism has gone!! hmm read along the line

nairalanders hmmm just talkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk too much shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh     iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit!![/size][/b]

so looking ahead, se should be looking for four goals against kenya and a win in tunsia
Re: France(0) Vs Nigeria(1) On Tuesday 2nd June by qkman: 12:58pm On Jun 05, 2009
I want to be of the belief that the french team has not played together in a long time, because their performance looked as if all went wrong, Nigeria needs to improve on their performance as beating France a goal to nill will not yield the same result with other teams, amd if Mikel is playing ,He should play his defensive mid-field role.
Re: France(0) Vs Nigeria(1) On Tuesday 2nd June by khanye(m): 1:07pm On Jun 05, 2009
Omo, we did not have Yobo, TT, Mikel, Obodo, Obasi, Yakubu or Martins. Minus Obodo, all the others will probably be gauranteed a place in our first team.

If all these []Dlayers you mentioned played
then Nigeria wont win cos none of them will play the match with full determination
those guyz that played the match wants to win a SE first 11 shirt
what do you expect them to do if they dont play like that?

amodu just pack defensive midfielders put 4 march.

I get ur point
Amodu is a fool
he played Ayila,Olofinjana and Etuhu (all DM) together in the second half
I wonder what Olofinjana was doin on the pitch for a whole 90min.
I would love to see Etuhu playing in the DM

so looking ahead, se should be looking for four goals against kenya and a win in tunsia

9ja won the match but that does'nt win us a ticket to the WC
We need to do our homework right, i dont see anything big in us beating france, it's just a friendly match!
What i'm sad about is you wont be seeing all this players against Kenya instead you will be seeing the big boyz
coming in late into the camp and picking up a starting shirt.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Tuchel Names Chelsea’s Squad To Face Everton At Stamford Bridge / Finidi George Offers To Coach Golden Eaglets For Free / Stake 100 Naira And Win 575,000 Naira For FREE On Tips180

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.