Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,187 members, 7,818,600 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:37 PM

MTN Nigeria Fine Reduced By $1.8 Billion As CEO Resigns In Fallout - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / MTN Nigeria Fine Reduced By $1.8 Billion As CEO Resigns In Fallout (27215 Views)

Intel Boss, Brian Krzanich, Resigns After Relationship With Employee Was Exposed / MTN: Nigeria's Fine Causes Negative 2016 Revenue / MTN Nigeria Fine Increased To $3.9 Billion After Regulator Error (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MTN Nigeria Fine Reduced By $1.8 Billion As CEO Resigns In Fallout by Dfrenzy(m): 10:35am On Dec 03, 2015
K
Re: MTN Nigeria Fine Reduced By $1.8 Billion As CEO Resigns In Fallout by HomesOfLife(m): 10:36am On Dec 03, 2015
Everyday for the hustle; one day for the hustler.
Re: MTN Nigeria Fine Reduced By $1.8 Billion As CEO Resigns In Fallout by ayusman16(m): 10:40am On Dec 03, 2015
I sincerely wish Nigerians will channel this kind of vigor and energy to PHCN, NNPC, Corruption and impunity then we will have a better nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: MTN Nigeria Fine Reduced By $1.8 Billion As CEO Resigns In Fallout by enigma2007(m): 10:41am On Dec 03, 2015
ayusman16:
I sincerely wish Nigerians will channel this kind of vigor and energy to PHCN, NNPC, Corruption and impunity then we will have a better nigeria.

I wish too!
Re: MTN Nigeria Fine Reduced By $1.8 Billion As CEO Resigns In Fallout by Adesiji77: 10:45am On Dec 03, 2015
Wow!
Re: MTN Nigeria Fine Reduced By $1.8 Billion As CEO Resigns In Fallout by schumastic(m): 10:46am On Dec 03, 2015
WHY WILL FG REDUCE THIS FINE IS NOT FAIR AT ALL CUS THIS MTHEN PEEPS DON'T REDUCE THEIR SILLY CHARGES WHEN EVER THEY WANT TO DEAL WITH CUSTOMERS...I JUST HOPE THEY WON'T MAKE US PAY FOR IT
Re: MTN Nigeria Fine Reduced By $1.8 Billion As CEO Resigns In Fallout by Nobody: 10:47am On Dec 03, 2015
I thought mtn have settled the fine?
Re: MTN Nigeria Fine Reduced By $1.8 Billion As CEO Resigns In Fallout by gurunlocker: 10:49am On Dec 03, 2015
PassingShot:
I think this is still a good news.

Thank God we now have a president who applies the rule to the letter. If not, MTN will have gotten away with a slap on the wrist.

Thumbs up PMB.
did you just mention president? show me where PMB ever reacted to this fine of a thing..... must you bring politics into everything?
Re: MTN Nigeria Fine Reduced By $1.8 Billion As CEO Resigns In Fallout by Guyman02: 10:52am On Dec 03, 2015
TCD:
MTN deserves all the get. They don't pity us with their ridiculous data charges and stealing of credit through dubious subscriptions. You will just be pressing your phone and suddenly they send a flash message asking you to subscribe for one thing or the other knowing you might mistakenly press yes. what kind of scam is that?

I made a call and received an sms from MTN asking me to subscribe to one nonsense, without looking I pressed OK thinking it was to clear the cost and balance sms from the phone screen, then I received a message that I have been subscribed to MTN data storage service for N50 every week. very annoying!

1 Like

Re: MTN Nigeria Fine Reduced By $1.8 Billion As CEO Resigns In Fallout by Geezy4real(m): 11:02am On Dec 03, 2015
But dis MTN network is very useless o! How can they just block my line after registering my sim card on two different occasions!? I can't even call their customer care to lodge my complaints! How dare they...i hope FG still insists they pay up their full fine!!! # ArrantNonsense # OverratedTelecom
Re: MTN Nigeria Fine Reduced By $1.8 Billion As CEO Resigns In Fallout by MYMINDER(m): 11:07am On Dec 03, 2015
PHATE007:
Pls NCC shud collect dis money as soon as possible...

But Something tells me this fine will b reduced further.....

The reduction came from Buhari directly. This is final.

MTN, eatin our money since 1960
Re: MTN Nigeria Fine Reduced By $1.8 Billion As CEO Resigns In Fallout by viktor01(m): 11:10am On Dec 03, 2015
Why not come up plain and tell these people to pack their things and leave your country.?

1 Like

Re: MTN Nigeria Fine Reduced By $1.8 Billion As CEO Resigns In Fallout by 12345DKO(m): 11:14am On Dec 03, 2015
Good morning house. Please I need to get #10000 by Sunday December 6, 2015, since I do not want to inconvenient family and friends, I decided to do labour work that will enable me raise the money before this Sunday. So please if you know where I can get to do any legitimate labour work on the mainland that can get me the cash, kindly post it here or send it to my email address boboye209@gmail.com or call 08121474421. Thank you very much and God bless you all.
Re: MTN Nigeria Fine Reduced By $1.8 Billion As CEO Resigns In Fallout by 12345DKO(m): 11:14am On Dec 03, 2015
Good morning house. Please I need to get #10000 by Sunday December 6, 2015, since I do not want to inconvenient family and friends, I decided to do labour work that will enable me raise the money before this Sunday. So please if you know where I can get to do any legitimate labour work on the mainland that can get me the cash, kindly post it here or send it to my email address boboye209@gmail.com or call 08121474421. Thank you very much and God bless you all.
Re: MTN Nigeria Fine Reduced By $1.8 Billion As CEO Resigns In Fallout by chachanga: 11:15am On Dec 03, 2015
Now, the Zulus would be wondering if all this is not falling on their skulls in retaliation for their Xenophobic nonsense!

PMB, way to go!

Yo! Mr. President, find something to hook Mr. Price &Shoprite etc too;

I wan do free shopping @Shoprite this xmas. Fine dem so hard, all their item prices fall like the Naira just did against the Dollar.

1 Like

Re: MTN Nigeria Fine Reduced By $1.8 Billion As CEO Resigns In Fallout by ddjay: 11:18am On Dec 03, 2015
what a shame,i am waiting to hear one nigerian company any where in the world (most especially south africa) that would enjoy fine reduction. trully a shameful move by ncc who i can authoritatively say is afraid of mtn or cannot handle mtn angry angry angry angry angry
Re: MTN Nigeria Fine Reduced By $1.8 Billion As CEO Resigns In Fallout by mooremadu(m): 11:25am On Dec 03, 2015
Mtn deserve all they got and even more, the reason that led to their fine by NCC in all aspect justifiable. However it is Quite unfortunate that FG had to reduce their fine to mere $3.4b, because if our own indigenous First bank can be fined which they paid without any hesitation and UBA and 2 other banks fined which they paid, i see no reason y Mtn is refusing to pay that initial $5.4b. it is worthy to note that Mtn cant try such act that led to their fine in ordinary Ghana, Cameroon etc, but because this nigeria, where everything goes, where govt policies are not carried out to the latter, they decided to go against their host country. in my opinion PMB made a grave mistake by reducing the fine because i can imagine what would have happen if our own indigenous GLOBACOM was in Mtn shoes. naijayouthspeak..com
Re: MTN Nigeria Fine Reduced By $1.8 Billion As CEO Resigns In Fallout by bluntspade: 11:47am On Dec 03, 2015
emmelap:
Nairalanders
seun lalasticlacla another scammer on the loose
Re: MTN Nigeria Fine Reduced By $1.8 Billion As CEO Resigns In Fallout by ben1daEbiri(m): 11:49am On Dec 03, 2015
You think NCC is stupid?Don't worry my fellow nigerians,the $1.8 will be fined to DSTV!!!,those south africans must pay for milking us dry #PaybackTime!
Re: MTN Nigeria Fine Reduced By $1.8 Billion As CEO Resigns In Fallout by LiamMarshall(m): 11:50am On Dec 03, 2015
Scam
emmelap:
Nairalanders
Re: MTN Nigeria Fine Reduced By $1.8 Billion As CEO Resigns In Fallout by Nobody: 11:58am On Dec 03, 2015
No mercy on mofos mtn. But still, dat fine is huge oh! How much are they worth sef?
Re: MTN Nigeria Fine Reduced By $1.8 Billion As CEO Resigns In Fallout by samofson: 12:01pm On Dec 03, 2015
Why!!!! Where is our backbone ?? How come we always hear current Nigerian news from international sources??

So the lives lost and property stolen due to MTN's disregard of our regulations can be negotiated. I tire for Naija.

If the shoe was on the other foot they would have been burning Nigerian businesses and killing Nigerians because we flouted their rules.

Hope the Nigerian government does what it normally does and denies this statement in the next 24 hrs.

We are behaving like the clowns we voted out. Sorry we ARE the clowns we voted out.
Re: MTN Nigeria Fine Reduced By $1.8 Billion As CEO Resigns In Fallout by southcent: 12:14pm On Dec 03, 2015
why na? but that cash could have been enough to settle some needs in the country ,well I know Mtn has pulled some strings to earn this mercy...infact fg can as well scrap up everything for them! not like the cash will even be used for something reasonable anyway
Re: MTN Nigeria Fine Reduced By $1.8 Billion As CEO Resigns In Fallout by armadeo(m): 12:28pm On Dec 03, 2015
Budget don drop be that.

Mtn to fund Nigerias budget in 2016.
Re: MTN Nigeria Fine Reduced By $1.8 Billion As CEO Resigns In Fallout by Nobody: 12:44pm On Dec 03, 2015
This, coming from the Federal Government is grossly disappointing.First, MTN has not shown remorse. Presently a large cache of subscriber lines (mine inclusive) are suspended for "incomplete sim registration"! Whatever that means!! That after I'd done the sim registration three times over - the third at the MTN office. It ought to now engage thousands of the unemployed to bring in the data or fix the one they already have but messed up. I suspect the data is largely compromised and they may have to start all over again. Second, by refusing and or neglecting to engage ad hoc staff to rectify the sim registration issue MTN is deliberately making life difficult for Nigerians as a get-back. Third, it is my understanding MTN is picking up money from harried citizens in the name of welcome back pack e.t.c. That way they'll rake in cash to pay the fine. Why reduce it! MTN is a corporate rascal given filip by the corruption-laden Nigerian government officials not well monitored by that incompetent, clueless and lack-lustre affliction of a President Goodluck Jonathan! The fellows who resigned are just the fall guys who must take the pill now that government can no longer be compromised by corrupt incentives.
Re: MTN Nigeria Fine Reduced By $1.8 Billion As CEO Resigns In Fallout by grandlexuz(m): 1:00pm On Dec 03, 2015
phantonce:
Why the reduction na?

Nigeria govt official are like local street dog who only bark loud with little biting.

i thought they would bring down heaven if mtn didn't pay all the money with there chest beating initial gragra.

Have you ever heard of mtn reducing a customers debt?
They even charge extra 5% for service charges.

this was a fine and not a debt..3.8 million no be chicken change oh
Re: MTN Nigeria Fine Reduced By $1.8 Billion As CEO Resigns In Fallout by LordAdam: 1:00pm On Dec 03, 2015
Finally, the campaign for a reduction in the fine made headway. Now, NCC should establish a firm deadline and MTN should start negotiating payment terms.

There should not be any other reduction, lest other fined companies think Nigerian authorities do not have a firm stand.

-Lord
Re: MTN Nigeria Fine Reduced By $1.8 Billion As CEO Resigns In Fallout by Emeka71(m): 1:14pm On Dec 03, 2015
This is the current situation of things at MTN office; Egbeda; see picture below.

Re: MTN Nigeria Fine Reduced By $1.8 Billion As CEO Resigns In Fallout by Emeka71(m): 1:16pm On Dec 03, 2015
This is the current situation of things (live) at MTN office; Egbeda; see picture below.

Re: MTN Nigeria Fine Reduced By $1.8 Billion As CEO Resigns In Fallout by igbsam(m): 1:28pm On Dec 03, 2015
Why are MTN finding it difficult to pay the fine imposed on them. Shey they dashed someone aeroplane some years back. Paying this fine shouldn't be a problem na. Aeroplane cost too na!
Re: MTN Nigeria Fine Reduced By $1.8 Billion As CEO Resigns In Fallout by jayzblack(m): 2:09pm On Dec 03, 2015
I just pray that in no time they wil shut. let another serious network take over. those piple are very greedy and stingy to my likin..
Ma mtn lin was disconected last wik, rubish. started making use of ma etisalat. filin ok nw

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Comparing Infinix Hot With Itel It1502 / Facebook Removes Apple's Blue Tick Verification Amid Feud / What Are The First 5 Apps You Will Install When You Get A New Phone?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.