Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,557 members, 7,816,349 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:57 AM

Atiku Abubakar: "Why I Married More Than 1 Wife" - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku Abubakar: "Why I Married More Than 1 Wife" (4685 Views)

Atiku Abubakar Congratulates Super Eagles On Qualifying For World Cup / Ayiri Emami Welcomes Atiku Abubakar As He Arrives Warri In A Private Jet. PICS / “why It's Dangerous To Marry Just 1 Wife”-islamic Scholar, Sheikh Muyideen Bello (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atiku Abubakar: "Why I Married More Than 1 Wife" by golfg(f): 8:17am On Dec 03, 2015
By JUMI RHODES

Nigeria's former vice-president Alhaji Atiku Abubakar has revealed why he married more than 1 wife. He married Amina Titi Atiku Abubakar, Ladi Atiku Abubakar, Princess Rukaiya Atiku Abubakar, Fati Atiku Abubakar, and Jamila Atiku Abubakar. Atiku Abubakar's children{in no particular order} include Shehu, Mohammed, Ahmed, Adamu, Aminu, Halima, Fatima, Rukaiya, Walida, Mustapha, Jamila, Lamido, Asmau, Laila, Mustapha, Aisha, Zara, Faisal, Abdul Malik, Amina, Ama, Zainab, Abba, Hauwa, Atiku, Maryam.

It is worthy of note that Atiku Abubakar married at a young age and met his first wife Titi in Lagos when he worked at Idi Iroko, Ogun State as a customs officer in the late-1960s. In December 1971, Titi and Atiku married at the Ikoyi Registry when he was 25 years old. Atiku married other women after Titi.

In the book titled 'Atiku - The Story Of Atiku Abubakar', the ex-VP tells author Onukaba Ojo why he opted for polygamy as a young man. Atiku said he chose this path because he "wanted a large family to compensate for his lonely childhood as he had been born a lone child to a father who was himself a lone child and to a mother and two sisters who had no other child besides him".

In his words, “I wanted to expand the Abubakar family. I felt extremely lonely as a child. I had no brother and no sister. I did not want my children to be as lonely as I was. This is why I married more than one wife. My wives are my brothers, my sisters, my friends and my advisers and they complement one another”.

http://dawntodusknews.com/atiku-abubakar-why-i-married-more-than-1-wife/

Re: Atiku Abubakar: "Why I Married More Than 1 Wife" by obinnashady(m): 8:20am On Dec 03, 2015
There's no reason,u are a muslim.

2 Likes

Re: Atiku Abubakar: "Why I Married More Than 1 Wife" by jamace(m): 8:45am On Dec 03, 2015
But with one wife you can produce up to 10 children if you like.
Anyway, na your choice.
Re: Atiku Abubakar: "Why I Married More Than 1 Wife" by Osyfellaini(f): 9:24am On Dec 03, 2015
It's one thing having a big family and another taking care of them properly and avoiding the kind of negative scandals we are seeing from some families that are not even as large as yours.
Your are really a real father and has trained your children well, that I give to you.
We have seen the the Lamido's and most recently the Audu's.
Keep it up.

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Loses N15bn To Illegal Sale Of PHCN Assets – Reps / BREAKING: Twitter User Shares Saharareporters 1 Million Dollar Account Balance / Tomakint Saw The Future About Buhari Through His Signature!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.