Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:00 AM

Crowd At MTN Office Ikotun - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Crowd At MTN Office Ikotun (47264 Views)

Sim Registration: Crowd At Zaria MTN Office / Sim Registration: Crowd At MTN Office Rumuodumaya, Port Harcourt (photo) / Mob Destroys MTN Office In Owerri (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Crowd At MTN Office Ikotun by Lovexme(m): 4:59pm On Dec 03, 2015
Saw a similar queue two days ago at MTN's Egbeda office. They suspended some sims without notice, and that isn't right.
Re: Crowd At MTN Office Ikotun by Nobody: 5:04pm On Dec 03, 2015
MTN @ their dirty deal again,arm-twisting Nigerians to pay FG because they can afford to leave Nigeria.
Re: Crowd At MTN Office Ikotun by manuelrukky(m): 5:15pm On Dec 03, 2015
lonelydora:
Nigerians and last minute rush. Why wait till now? I had to go to their office in ph to confirm everything is okay before the deadline.
Dnt jst generalize dat nigerians like last monuye rush.... I bought nd registered my sim in an mtn office, i wasn't sent a msg telling me go 4 re-registration buh my sim was still blocked
Re: Crowd At MTN Office Ikotun by yogun(f): 5:19pm On Dec 03, 2015
seedgreen:
passing through mtn office at ikotun, saw this huge crowd outside their gate. When I inquired, I was told they were people who had issues blockage of their sim card over registration. so pathetic.

myline (which is the main one) has been barred since yesterday. i learnt the queue is crazy at all their centers. Now i cant use my phone but sms kept trickling in. I really dont know what to do. might have to change my number if the situation remains the same by Monday. their loss
Re: Crowd At MTN Office Ikotun by yogun(f): 5:23pm On Dec 03, 2015
manuelrukky:

Dnt jst generalize dat nigerians like last monuye rush.... I bought nd registered my sim in an mtn office, i wasn't sent a msg telling me go 4 re-registration buh my sim was still blocked

i did a welcome back wks ago, i was at the center center. My finger prints, ID and picture was taken. when i received the sms last wk, i wondered what else do they need and ignored because i felt it was a random sms like they usually send. Now i am stranded due to their lack of professionalism. Because i cant leave work to go to their center to queue, my colleague that went picked number 408. how in hell will i do that. the last time (2wks) my number was 113.

this is absolutely ridiculous
Re: Crowd At MTN Office Ikotun by maxy097(m): 5:26pm On Dec 03, 2015
cheeketo:

Na which part of Ikotun Una dey live?
Cele Egbe and u
Re: Crowd At MTN Office Ikotun by seedgreen(m): 5:35pm On Dec 03, 2015
yogun:

myline (which is the main one) has been barred since yesterday. i learnt the queue is crazy at all their centers. Now i cant use my phone but sms kept trickling in. I really dont know what to do. might have to change my number if the situation remains the same by Monday. their loss
r u sure your case is same as others
Re: Crowd At MTN Office Ikotun by glossy6(f): 5:37pm On Dec 03, 2015
lonelydora:
Nigerians and last minute rush. Why wait till now? I had to go to their office in ph to confirm everything is okay before the deadline.

it's like you have not been following up
Re: Crowd At MTN Office Ikotun by lonelydora: 5:42pm On Dec 03, 2015
asuustrike2009:

Are you aware that some person were barred without notification?

glossy6:

it's like you have not been following up

manuelrukky:

We are still saying the same thing. I went to their office myself to confirm if my registration was okay without waiting for any notification. There is nothing wrong in checking it yourself.
Re: Crowd At MTN Office Ikotun by danidee10(m): 5:51pm On Dec 03, 2015
As far as MTN can't stop simple server they should continue cool
Re: Crowd At MTN Office Ikotun by emmanuelpopson(m): 5:57pm On Dec 03, 2015
its a shame to treated like this in "our country " . i passed through that road on Monday, was shocked seeing people queueing under the sun.. Something has to be done asap or the peoples anger will be tested... a word is enof for d wise.
Re: Crowd At MTN Office Ikotun by nyafunyafu: 5:59pm On Dec 03, 2015
People are just punishing themselves, when you port your mobile number remains the same. You are the only one that knows as you'd be recharging the voucher of your new provider. That's all, I'm in the system so I know

Port and be free fr this slavery! It's only a code you need to text within 24hours you are on another network while retaining your existing MTN line!
Re: Crowd At MTN Office Ikotun by olatpic(m): 6:14pm On Dec 03, 2015
I think MTN deserves additional fines from NCC for bringing sufferings upon their subscribers.

I was amongst that crowd you saw there...got there as early as 6am this morning (I was no.54 on the list) and left around 11am.

Meanwhile, I had re-registered this same line in August this year @ the same mtn office and yet they blocked it 2 days ago...for incomplete sim registration. Same goes for many other subscribers.

I think something is wrong with their database...but whose fault should that be?

I would have dumped the line if it were not my main business line..
Re: Crowd At MTN Office Ikotun by Nobody: 6:14pm On Dec 03, 2015
lonelydora:

We are still saying the same thing. I went to their office myself to confirm if my registration was okay without waiting for any notification. There is nothing wrong in checking it yourself.
If you watched channels tv yesterday you would see were an handicap woman was lamenting. " Na wa for MTN, I don register my line many times nah dem come block. See me see wahala! Line wen I dey use my own moni pay na dis yeye pipo block, God punish dem"

1 Like

Re: Crowd At MTN Office Ikotun by Thelmerh(f): 6:26pm On Dec 03, 2015
boboLIL:
End time customers.... Na dis kind people go go late wen the end time trumpet blows...
Dats not tru I have registered my line 3good times. dis 4th time I was sent a msg abt d disconnecting issue again. I went to deir office on Monday. d crowd was out of dis world. on Tuesday I hurriedly went to deir office by 7. I was no 27.wen it got to my turn I was told d name on my sim and d picture was different from my real self. I did full registration again. I was later sent a notification dat my sim had bn dully registered. dat same Tuesday evening my sim was disconnected due to incomplete registration. I had to call dier customer care. d way I shouted for d Lady ehn I felt pity for her myself. Mtn ehn. I don't know weda its jazz dat is still making me use dat network.

1 Like

Re: Crowd At MTN Office Ikotun by YetieLee(f): 6:27pm On Dec 03, 2015
shocked could u believe I passed here this morning but was rushing out and couldn't wait to ask wat the problem was. pathetic indeed!
Re: Crowd At MTN Office Ikotun by Nobody: 6:29pm On Dec 03, 2015
gift01:
Mtn Users...Simply sms YES to 799 and your BVN details would be used to register your MTN line. No need waste time going to queue. Pls spread the info

What of those that their line has been temporary deactivated can they send the code?
If yes, what duration?
Re: Crowd At MTN Office Ikotun by emmyojo22(m): 6:37pm On Dec 03, 2015
gift01:
Mtn Users...Simply sms YES to 799 and your BVN details would be used to register your MTN line. No need waste time going to queue. Pls spread the info

how do u send the message when ur sim card is blocked
Re: Crowd At MTN Office Ikotun by Themandator: 6:37pm On Dec 03, 2015
Seems Mtn can live without these categories of subscribers hence the SIM deactivation... This is because those who recharge frequently are sent Questions with reward attached
Re: Crowd At MTN Office Ikotun by Chuksyno(m): 7:22pm On Dec 03, 2015
gift01:
which sim would be used to send the sms, is it the block sim?
Re: Crowd At MTN Office Ikotun by Nobody: 7:27pm On Dec 03, 2015
Setaje:
It's so bad. I took pictures too about 2 weeks ago. They are so slow. The security guys take bribe. The worst part was when my mum went she was told someone else has registered on her Sim. Imagine the nonsense. How can someone register on her Sim. She first registered her Sim in an Mtn office last year. A big office for that matter at fatai atere. She was then told to come back because they have to first send message to headquarters and get a reply before they can rectify it. If it were to be a civilised country they would be sued for such mistake.

I heard that mtn also provided all the mushroom outlets wiv money to rent chairs. They don't rent chairs. They allow old people stand under hot sun. It's not fair at all. This are the pictures I took

Even though we are not civilized, nothing stops you from dragging MTN to court.
Re: Crowd At MTN Office Ikotun by glossy6(f): 7:34pm On Dec 03, 2015
Thelmerh:

Dats not tru I have registered my line 3good times. dis 4th time I was sent a msg abt d disconnecting issue again. I went to deir office on Monday. d crowd was out of dis world. on Tuesday I hurriedly went to deir office by 7. I was no 27.wen it got to my turn I was told d name on my sim and d picture was different from my real self. I did full registration again. I was later sent a notification dat my sim had bn dully registered. dat same Tuesday evening my sim was disconnected due to incomplete registration. I had to call dier customer care. d way I shouted for d Lady ehn I felt pity for her myself. Mtn ehn. I don't know weda its jazz dat is still making me use dat network.

The solution is to port. once they block my line, I will port to airtel
Re: Crowd At MTN Office Ikotun by debtech(m): 7:51pm On Dec 03, 2015
lonelydora:

Don't ever blame this on Nigerians, some people have went to re-registered has required by MTN but after like a week they block their lines again. i am one of those that happened to, MTN is definitely a bullshit
Re: Crowd At MTN Office Ikotun by Younghay(m): 7:51pm On Dec 03, 2015
The question is, is it a must you use Mtn line. There are many better networks out there..... Glo, Etisalat and airtel........ Nawa ooooooo
Re: Crowd At MTN Office Ikotun by onyxo76(m): 8:02pm On Dec 03, 2015
i registered my sim a good SIX times yet they kept sending me useless sms that they will block my line if i don't go for registration...if not that i have a church member who works in their office who helped out by allowing me to have access to the office before opening hours last week i would have said bye bye to the network...
Re: Crowd At MTN Office Ikotun by rezzy: 8:51pm On Dec 03, 2015
I saw crowd too at Egbede, was wondering what was happening
Re: Crowd At MTN Office Ikotun by Adortem: 9:01pm On Dec 03, 2015
Mtn could be frustrating,I updated my info at their franchise office few months ago,it took me the whole day before I was attended to,got a confirmation message of my update,then on Sunday,I got a regret message that my sim would be blocked for I have to do the update,so I went on Monday went to do the same update,unfortunately,on wednesday,my sim was blocked,I was "mad" and you can't imagine the crowd there,well after a while,it was restored,the frustration was much,was very angry...
Re: Crowd At MTN Office Ikotun by inspbado(m): 9:24pm On Dec 03, 2015
Nigerians like suffering sha! Instead of frying yourself in the hot sun, pushing and fighting to register your sim in this yeye mtn's offices, why don't you just stroll to the nearest etisalat or glo office and port your sim. You get to keep your Mtn number and you don't suffer all these embarrassments and sufferings you go through in the hands of Mtn. A word is enough for the wise ooo!
Re: Crowd At MTN Office Ikotun by Daraph(m): 10:19pm On Dec 03, 2015
gift01:

You never hear say nah scam Dem don dump you no be small
Re: Crowd At MTN Office Ikotun by Nobody: 10:50pm On Dec 03, 2015
Same thing was experienced in Minna MTN connect Centre

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Hilarious Conversation Between Airtel Customer Care And A Customer (audio) / List Of Nokia Lumia Smartphones With Prices And Specifications In Nigeria (PICS) / If You Don’t Put Your Phone In Flight Mode On A Plane, This Happens

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.