Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,281 members, 7,836,253 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:39 AM

Your Excellency, You Are A Liar - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Your Excellency, You Are A Liar (1567 Views)

Happy Birthday Your Excellency, Atiku Abubakar (turaki Adamawa) / "Senator Ibikunle Amosun Governor Ogun State Abeokuta Your Excellency, YOU LIED. / What Has Nnewi Done Wrong, Your Excellency?: Open Letter To Governor Peter Obi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Your Excellency, You Are A Liar by Orikinla(m): 1:12am On Oct 19, 2006
RELOADED:ORIKINLA TAKES ON PRESIDENT OLUSEGUN OBASANJO OF NIGERIA.

PDP Has Transformed Nigeria, Says Obasanjo
PDP Has Deformed Nigeria, Replies Orikinla.

Please, this is not fiction. This is my rejoinder to an address delivered by President Olusegun Obasanjo at the last National Convention of the PDP in Abuja. Please, read it now or copy and save it to read it later. And don’t rush to make any trivial comment if you have not read it. This is a very important political dialogue of utmost importance, relevance and significance to the state of current affairs in Nigeria. God bless you as you read it.

PRESIDENT OLUSEGUN OBASANJO OF NIGERIA: Distinguished Ladies and Gentlemen, I could go on reeling out the achievements of the PDP government till tomorrow. There is no aspect of the economy that we have not impacted positively. There is no Nigerian that we have not touched through proactive and positive initiatives. There is no community that has been left out. Even our detractors have become humbled and silenced by our single-minded commitment to make Nigeria a better place and by our specific achievements on several fronts. We shall not waver from our desire to make life better for all Nigerians. This is our promise, our commitment and our goal.

For the text of Your Excellency, You Are A Liar! http://www.blogwonga.com/blogwonga/read_article/17
Re: Your Excellency, You Are A Liar by twinstaiye(m): 9:15am On Oct 19, 2006
It is always easy to criticize a government in power, an ardent opposition will certainly not seen anything good in OBJ administration. I cant see anything extra-ordinary that opposition had not said before about OBJ government. In any case, no government has ever pass in this country without being criticised by any opposition.
Re: Your Excellency, You Are A Liar by Orikinla(m): 10:08am On Oct 19, 2006
You to read what President Olusegun Obasanjo said and how I replied.

The atrocities perpetrated by the ruling party PDP have never been seen in the history of Nigerian politics.
Gory.Gorier.Goriest.

Read and see all the details.
Re: Your Excellency, You Are A Liar by ono(m): 3:09pm On Oct 19, 2006
twinstaiye:

In any case, no government has ever pass in this country without being criticised by any opposition.
Except the government of the late military head of state: Muritala Muhammed - Or have you forgotten about that one?
Re: Your Excellency, You Are A Liar by Orikinla(m): 11:43pm On Oct 19, 2006
Anyway we look at it, President Olusegun Obasanjo has lied to the electorate and abused the mandate given to him and as Prof. Wole Soyinka Said, he should have been impeached long ago.
Re: Your Excellency, You Are A Liar by lewa(m): 12:25am On Oct 20, 2006
@ Ono.
Muritala laid the foundation for the northernization of the Federal Civil Service and lots more.Please before you jump to reply my post check your facts,i'm waiting smiley
Re: Your Excellency, You Are A Liar by Orikinla(m): 10:08am On Oct 20, 2006
The fall of Nigeria started when President Olusegun Obasanjo handed over power to Shehu Shagari in 1979 after the NPN/PDP rigged the Presidential Election to deny the late sage Obafemi Jeremiah Awolowo from becoming the President of Nigeria.

Nigeria flourished when the Christian head of state General Yakubu Gowon was in power and Chief Awolowo was his chief adviser on finance.

When the Muslims took over power in Nigeria from Shehu Shagari to Ibrahim Badamasi Babaginda, late Sani Abacha and the last Muslim military head of state, they ruined the economy of Nigeria.

The worst heads of state in Nigeria were Muslims.
Re: Your Excellency, You Are A Liar by Afam(m): 1:34pm On Oct 20, 2006
Orikinla,

You should know better than this, what has religion got to do with the issue on board?

Must we attempt to relate everything to religion and the bigotry associated with it?
Re: Your Excellency, You Are A Liar by ono(m): 2:35pm On Oct 20, 2006
lewa:

@ Ono.
Muritala laid the foundation for the northernization of the Federal Civil Service and lots more.Please before you jump to reply my post check your facts,i'm waiting smiley

Well, Chxta claimed - with some kind of evidence I'm inclined to believe, though I have my reservations, that Muritala Muhammed was originally from Edo State. He later became a Kano man, after some kind of transmutation in the army. Right Chxta?

In any case, the vast majority of the folks who know their left from right when Muritala Muhammed was at the helm of affairs in the country all agreed that he was the best of all the military (and civilian too) rulers we've had so far. Why should I doubt them? That the civil service was ''northernised'' during his time is a completely different ball pack. And I wonder how that civil service ''northernisation'' affects the common man on the street who had enough money to do whatever he wants during Muri's time.
Re: Your Excellency, You Are A Liar by lewa(m): 10:19pm On Oct 20, 2006
@ Ono
That Muritala was from Edo is news to me and to countless history buffs that have been following our chequered history. However i await with anticipation, the revealation of this discovery.Secondly to those who apart from knowing their left from their right have taken the time to read up on the genesis of our problems would tell you that the purported sacking that Muritala carried out inevitably allowed the paucity of seasoned bureacrats from not only the Federal Civil Service but from the Tertiary institutions as well.That lead to the genesis of the breakdown of meritocracy, due process and the like that we are withnesses of today.I don;t know of any award given to Muritala's regime, which was an illegality by the way(before you shout here it was a military coup that ushered him in) The chap was no hero-over to you wink
Re: Your Excellency, You Are A Liar by Orikinla(m): 12:01am On Oct 21, 2006
Afam:

Orikinla,

You should know better than this, what has religion got to do with the issue on board?

Must we attempt to relate everything to religion and the bigotry associated with it?

Afam,
I apologize for being so blunt.
But the reality sucks.
Re: Your Excellency, You Are A Liar by ono(m): 4:30pm On Oct 25, 2006
lewa:

@ Ono
That Muritala was from Edo is news to me and to countless history buffs that have been following our chequered history. However i await with anticipation, the revealation of this discovery.Secondly to those who apart from knowing their left from their right have taken the time to read up on the genesis of our problems would tell you that the purported sacking that Muritala carried out inevitably allowed the paucity of seasoned bureacrats from not only the Federal Civil Service but from the Tertiary institutions as well.That lead to the genesis of the breakdown of meritocracy, due process and the like that we are withnesses of today.I don;t know of any award given to Muritala's regime, which was an illegality by the way(before you shout here it was a military coup that ushered him in) The chap was no hero-over to you wink

You don't seem to understand my point here. The state of origin or the policies of the leader notwithstanding, what everyone wants is a situation where you can go about your normal life in the midst of plenty knowing that tomorrow holds a bright future. That was what Muritala gave Nigerians during his brief tenure as head of state, and that's what I've pointed out.

No other head of state or president in this country have been able to live up to what Muritala did to help the lot of the common man on the street.

Hope you understand now.
Re: Your Excellency, You Are A Liar by olutomiwa(m): 7:19pm On Oct 25, 2006
baba iyabo[obj]try jare,una think say e dey easy to rule this ANIMAL COUNTRY?with all the EVIL FORCES parading themselves as POLITHIEVIANS[politicians].
Re: Your Excellency, You Are A Liar by jaso1(m): 6:03pm On Oct 26, 2006
i have said it sevraly here that the endemic poverty has made some nigerian violates there sensibilities. there conscience is no more functioning. we have alot of things to be corrected. for gorila he said what seems to be important to him which was to deceived nigerian but not GOD. Gorila is old and nigerian should not expect anything serious than taboo not his which but for those injection he had taken when he was in soldier in addition to his old age.
Re: Your Excellency, You Are A Liar by lewa(m): 7:33pm On Oct 26, 2006
You don't seem here. The state of origin or the policies of the leader notwithstanding, what everyone wants is a situation where you can go about your normal life in the midst of plenty knowing that tomorrow holds a bright future. That was what Muritala gave Nigerians during his brief tenure as head of state, and that's what I've pointed out.

No other head of state or president in this country have been able to live up to what Muritala did to help the lot of the common man on the street.

Hope you understand now.
What did he do apart from the mass sackings?During Gowon’s 9 years Nigerians really enjoyed.We were at same economic pace with Malaysia and Singapore. Education cost next to nothing and most of the developmental plans for Nigeria were already taking shape because Gowon utilized seasoned and compenent people like Allison Ayida, Philip Asiodu,Awolowo. Chief Lawanson.People were not hungry too. Murtala started mass sackings but historians know that he looted a bank in Benin during the civil war amidst other atrocities. People tend to remember him with nostalgia cause he had no unnecessary security detail which unbeknownst to him to understand my point would lead to his death and from which sucessive leaders learnt from.
Re: Your Excellency, You Are A Liar by Orikinla(m): 9:52pm On Oct 26, 2006
lewa:

You don't seem here. The state of origin or the policies of the leader notwithstanding, what everyone wants is a situation where you can go about your normal life in the midst of plenty knowing that tomorrow holds a bright future. That was what Muritala gave Nigerians during his brief tenure as head of state, and that's what I've pointed out.

Hope you understand now.
What did he do apart from the mass sackings?During Gowon’s 9 years Nigerians really enjoyed.We were at same economic pace with Malaysia and Singapore. Education cost next to nothing and most of the developmental plans for Nigeria were already taking shape because Gowon utilized seasoned and compenent people like Allison Ayida, Philip Asiodu,Awolowo. Chief Lawanson.People were not hungry too. Murtala started mass sackings but historians know that he looted a bank in Benin during the civil war amidst other atrocities. People tend to remember him with nostalgia cause he had no unnecessary security detail which unbeknownst to him to understand my point would lead to his death and from which sucessive leaders learnt from.

Lewa,
May the Almighty God the Creator of all things bless you more and more and your children and generation for saying the truth.

General Yakubu Gowon had Development Plans and they were implemented until the devil used the late General Mutala Muhammad to throw a spanner in the good works in progress and Nigeria went from bad to worse.

Here is the text of how I took on President Olusegun Obasanjo after he lied at the last PDP National Convewntion.

[b]Your Excellency, The PDP Has Deformed Nigeria

Your Excellency, you can go on telling more and more lies about the fictitious achievements of your notorious and monstrous PDP of Nigeria till Kingdom Come. As I can see that you are an incorrigible liar. How could you lie that there is no aspect of the economy that you have not impacted positively when your aviation ministry has killed over 200 innocent passengers in three air disasters within only 50 days?! When your Police Force has murdered so many innocent Nigerians and your draconian armed forces have also murdered hundreds of armless and powerless people in the Niger Delta and other regions of Nigeria in extra-judicial killings that Amnesty International has found your government guilty of wanton violations of the fundamental human rights of Nigerians? What proactive and positive initiatives are you talking about? Or your negative actions and backward government policies! Why are you such a wicked liar? Do you know the grave consequences of your inhuman policies? The more people you have rendered homeless and impoverished and left in penury and misery? Do you know that there are more poverty stricken Nigerians since you came to power than even in the bad days of the tyrannical military juntas of IBB and Abacha? Yes, those days were really bad. But your evil ruling party the PDP has made things worse.

Who ever wrote this fake speech of white and black lies must be an incarnate of the Father of Lies himself, the devil. Because, even the innocent blood of the over 50 pupils of the Loyola Jesuit College who were killed in the catastrophic Sosoliso plane crash will testify against you that your government has failed woefully and the best advice I can give you is that you should repent and go on air to apologize to Nigerians with regrets for your glaring failures in democracy and governance and do your best to make amends before the wrath of the Almighty God descends on you and the corrupt bureaucrats and kleptocrats of your evil and wicked ruling party PDP.   

Yes, institutionalized tyranny and kleptocracy. Yes, and also the largest kleptocracy in Africa. 
You have succeeded in learning nothing from the mistakes of the past, you have destroyed the institutions and structures of democracy and governance in Nigeria. And you have betrayed your so-called “founding fathers” that you have abused and misused their trust. And you have given Africa nothing but monstrosity and notoriety in party politics and setting the pace in corruption, rigging of elections, political thuggery and assassinations and kleptocratic consolidation.

You have no other report than your bad stewardship since 1999 to date. You have worsened the dislocation, fragmentation, decadence, badly governed, highly demoralized and corrupt-stricken (you have turned it into corrupt-ridden) nation and disillusioned people. You have done even worse in suffocating civil society, you have violated the human rights of thousands of people your storm troopers murdered in the Niger Delta in Odi, Odioma and other parts of Nigeria. Murdered innocent and armless protesters during several Nigerian Labour Congress (NLC) strikes in Lagos, Benin, Abuja and other places. Bola Ige was murdered in your regime and about 1,000 lives have been lost in extra-judicial killings since you came to power in 1999. Chima Ubani and others died on the terrible roads you have failed to repair. And you have worsened the state of the economy  as many of your cronies and proxies have been looting the treasury since 1999 to date.   And the vast majority of Nigerians have been rendered homeless as your draconian regime dispossessed them of their accommodations from Lagos to Abuja and you have robbed Peter to pay Paul. You have made more Nigerians poorer than ever before.

Your Excellency, I beg your pardon. If there is anything I hate most, it is telling lies. And I wonder if you have a problem with telling the truth and damning the devil.  What demilitarization are you talking about? And you sent your storm troopers to demolish harmless and armless civilian communities in the Niger Delta and houses were burnt. Including churches, and you claim to be a Christian or an Owu High Priest? Did you get the consent of the National Assembly before sending soldiers to violate the fundamental human rights of the villages of Odi and Odioma and other areas in the Niger Delta? Did you prosecute the soldiers for killing an innocent old woman and her grandchild? And you are here lying to the whole world that you have succeeded in laying the foundation for peace? Where? In the riots perpetrated by your Frankenstein Chris Uba in Anambra State in Nigeria where properties worth billions of Naira and innocent lives were destroyed in the mayhem caused by your notorious and monstrous ruling party, the PDP. Is that your own definition of peace, stability, development and democracy? I am wondering whether I am not being too harsh in my criticism, because I am not considering the fact that your limited education is responsible for your misconceptions and misinterpretations of peace, stability, security, growth, development and democracy. Who wrote that speech for you? I hope it is not my Albino uncle in charge of your Radio Nigeria? The lies in your speech are preposterous and ridiculous.  Look at the state of Nigeria since you came to power in 1999. Can you count the number of ethnic riots, civil unrest and carnage in Lagos, Kano, Kaduna, Jos, Kwara, Anambra, Rivers, Bayelsa and other parts of Nigeria? The countless lives lost in the bloody chaos. The several cases of extra-judicial killings all over Nigeria are already noted by Amnesty. And you are here talking of peace, stability and security? Where? In your dreams or are you blindfolded that you cannot see the dreadful realities of the state of affairs since the PDP came to power. The campus cults have maimed and killed scores of students in our polytechnics and universities. And you are here telling lies to deny the facts of history.  And today the entire country, Africa and the rest of the world know that it is not only business as usual in Nigeria, it is even worse than ever before. Look at the tragedies of the air disasters in Nigeria since you came to power and look at the state of our roads and airports. Nowhere is safe. People are scared of traveling on the bad accident-prone roads and people are in fear and trembling to travel by air in Nigeria. There was no ordinary water supply to put out the fire of the burning Sosoliso aircraft as it crashed at the Port Harcourt airport and you call that an international airport. And you have even wasted millions of our dollars to go on your globetrotting tours of the world and lying to us that you were going to attract foreign investors? Foreigners who are scared of landing on the bad runways of our airports where planes run into herds of cattle and run into potholes? And you are lying here that it is no longer business as usual when parents of the unfortunate 52 pupils of the Loyola Jesuit College in Abuja are still in shock over the sudden death of their sons and daughters who perished in the Sosoliso plane crash in Port Harcourt? Do you know how many people the corruption and misadministration of your government have turned to widows, widowers, orphans and physically disabled? And you are here talking nonsense? Where is your conscience? Don’t you know that telling terrible lies is evil and only an incarnate of the devil without conscience would tell the kind of wicked lies you are telling us in Nigeria. May God have mercy on you.   

You say the PDP has transformed Nigeria? Or the PDP has deformed Nigeria and shortchanged Nigerians by turning Nigeria into a notorious and monstrous Kleptocracy of oligarchs controlled by your fellow retired generals and colonels who looted our national treasury and used the stolen funds to set up 419 banks for money launderers, illegal oil smugglers, black market currency traffickers and other crooks and rogues in your government and your cronies and proxies you gave licenses for oil blocks, GSM Telecommunications, importation of cement, sugar and other commodities, export of cassava, cocoa, and other products. And we are being ripped off everyday by day from Lagos to Abuja. The PDP is a political party of crooks, rogues and stewards of corruption in power.

You have witch hunted your political rivals and opponents and used the machinery of your statecraft to manipulate the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) to embarrass, harass and lampoon two state governors who have fallen out favour with you. But, the other looters are still hobnobbing with you in your Otta farms, Lagos, Abuja and Minna. Have you arrested the evil genius your godfather? And the other criminals with their dirty fingers in all the pies in your Presidency.  I have the short list and long list of the suspects you are scared of arresting and the EFCC has not had the balls to interrogate them. You want to use the case of the disgraced former governor of Bayelsa State for your image laundering.  But, what of the other PDP governors and Chris Uba who should have been arrested and prosecuted for his rampant criminal activities?

Inflation is worse than ever, more Nigerians are unemployed and you lie that poverty is declining? When the statistics show that the level of poverty in Nigeria since you came to power to date is worse than when even Gen. Sanni Abacha was in power and the value of our currency has depreciated.

Your party the PDP is the worst ruling political party in the history of Nigeria. A party of bitterness, opportunism, treachery, disloyalty, betrayals, witchcraft, misappropriation, misadministration, lawlessness and other evils.  You have not transformed Nigeria, you have deformed Nigeria and if not for the divine intervention of God you would have ruined Nigeria.   

Even Dr. Festus Iyayi has categorically said that you have worsened the state of affairs in Nigeria. Iyayi says things are worse today than ever. And he cannot lie. Because, if anyone is telling lies here to the people of Nigeria. You are the one. Your Excellency indeed.
Excellent in what if I may ask? Excellent in corruption, conceit and deceit? Dr. Chike Obi said, “In a conference of criminals and you are the chairman, what are you?”

This is Orikinla Osinachi’s rejoinder to an address delivered by President Olusegun Obasanjo at the National Convention of the PDP in Abuja.[/b]
Re: Your Excellency, You Are A Liar by lewa(m): 5:29am On Oct 27, 2006
Orikinla,
i owe you one.I was beginning to think that historians were not to be counted on this forum grin
Re: Your Excellency, You Are A Liar by Orikinla(m): 11:00pm On Oct 27, 2006
Lewa,
we are all historians as we are eye-witnesses of these interesting times.
Re: Your Excellency, You Are A Liar by lewa(m): 12:34am On Oct 28, 2006
grin k
Re: Your Excellency, You Are A Liar by PhysicsQED(m): 3:45am On Sep 15, 2010
Some of these people in this thread cannot be serious. Gowon was a known fool and wasted so much money doing very little.

Murtala Mohammed did not loot that central bank in Benin, that's just a false accusation but it was only recently proven for certain that he did not.
Re: Your Excellency, You Are A Liar by bkbabe97y(m): 6:10am On Sep 15, 2010
Ojukwu looted the Benin Central Bank!
Re: Your Excellency, You Are A Liar by slap1(m): 7:05am On Sep 15, 2010
^Ok.

(1) (Reply)

Yar’adua: Ribadu, 45 Others Form Shadow Parliament / A Case Of Fraud In Nigeria High Commission In Malaysia / Lagos Brt Fares To Increase From N100 To 120 And N50 To N70. August 1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.