Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,797 members, 7,817,301 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:50 AM

Pastor Saved as Holy Book deflects Bullet - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Saved as Holy Book deflects Bullet (1082 Views)

10 Things The Holy Book Teaches About Fornication / Is It A Crime Not To Believe In Any Of The Holy Book? / Confirm Comforter As Holy Spirit, Oh Fr0sbel, Olaadegbu, Aletheia, Bukatyne, Etc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pastor Saved as Holy Book deflects Bullet by Recognise: 3:40pm On May 29, 2009
[size=14pt]Book of Psalms deflects bullet, saves pastor[/size]

An Argentine evangelical pastor was born again after a book of Psalms he was holding deflected a bullet fired at close range, officials in the western province of Mendoza said.

Mauricio Zanes Condori, 38, was trying to talk two thieves out of robbing his church, located in the town of Rodeo del Medio, about 1,000 kilometers (620 miles) west of Buenos Aires, local judicial authorities reported.

One of the thieves aimed his handgun at Zanes Condori's chest and fired at a distance of two meters (about seven feet).

The criminals immediately fled, and churchgoers who were watching in horror as the event unfolded, called for an ambulance.

But the bullet hit the book of Psalms that Zanes Condori was holding to his chest.

A medic who arrived at the scene said the book slowed down the bullet and deflected its trajectory, so in the end it only scratched Zanes Condori's chest.

[center][img]http:///l39beq[/img]
The pastor said God had saved his life[/center]
The official report said that a Bible had stopped the bullet, but Zanes Condori later clarified that it was a book of Psalms

"That leads me to believe in a God that takes care of me," Zanes Condor told the online publication, Los Andes.

for SOURCE: Click here
Re: Pastor Saved as Holy Book deflects Bullet by Tudor3(m): 4:04pm On May 29, 2009
Simple physics and the guy attributes it to god. . .
Even if it were satan carrying the same psalms and the bullet is fired from the same distance,at the same speed and hits the same spot,he'd be all smiles too.
Re: Pastor Saved as Holy Book deflects Bullet by fhybar(m): 6:18pm On May 29, 2009
@Tudor, simple physics to you.
why not get a book, put on your chest and let someone fire at you?
lets see if u'll be alive 2 criticize.

Be careful how you talk about my God,
Re: Pastor Saved as Holy Book deflects Bullet by JIL(m): 8:21pm On May 29, 2009
Simple physics and the guy attributes it to god. . .
Even if it were satan carrying the same psalms and the bullet is fired from the same distance,at the same speed and hits the same spot,he'd be all smiles too.

I don't know why people respond to crazy people. If you see a mad man on the street, would you respond to them if they engage in issues that does not concern them. I have said it several times, these atheists are mad, just ignore them.
Re: Pastor Saved as Holy Book deflects Bullet by duduspace(m): 9:34pm On May 29, 2009
fhybar:

@Tudor, simple physics to you.
why not get a book, put on your chest and let someone fire at you?
lets see if u'll be alive 2 criticize.

Be careful how you talk about my God,

It is you who need to put a book of psalms on your chest and ask someone to fire at you to see if you can recreate that unique set of circumstances that led to the deflected bullet. We attribute his survival to luck and chance but you attribute it to god.

The guy was just plain lucky, did you see the guy a derailed train ran over in Turkey about 2 months ago?

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/us_world/2009/03/05/2009-03-05_turkish_man_survives_freak_collision_bet.html

He had no bible on him and that happened in a muslim country.
Re: Pastor Saved as Holy Book deflects Bullet by oyinda3(f): 9:37pm On May 29, 2009
I've heard a similar story before. one can say it's a coincidence and whatnot but when you really think about it, coincidence or not, it's POWERFUL stuff. to be literally saved by the holy bible.
Re: Pastor Saved as Holy Book deflects Bullet by bindex(m): 10:21pm On May 29, 2009
duduspace:

It is you who need to put a book of psalms on your chest and ask someone to fire at you to see if you can recreate that unique set of circumstances that led to the deflected bullet. We attribute his survival to luck and chance but you attribute it to god.

The guy was just plain lucky, did you see the guy a derailed train ran over in Turkey about 2 months ago?

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/us_world/2009/03/05/2009-03-05_turkish_man_survives_freak_collision_bet.html

He had no bible on him and that happened in a muslim country.

When good things happen every body is quick to point out that jesus did it, but when bad things happen it is either the devil or something else. I know a Chinese man(atheist) that was shoot in the chest and survived, was it jesus that protected him too? grin grin. What about the countless numbers of christians that were killed in road accidents on their way to evangelize? does jesus not love them?
Re: Pastor Saved as Holy Book deflects Bullet by Tudor3(m): 10:25pm On May 29, 2009
Dont mind them,the pastor tha was killed in his church in nigeria, he was carrying the whole bible not only psalms yet he was killed like a common dog. Where was god then?
Re: Pastor Saved as Holy Book deflects Bullet by MrCrackles(m): 10:28pm On May 29, 2009
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked grin
Re: Pastor Saved as Holy Book deflects Bullet by NoFearNYC(m): 12:48am On May 30, 2009
Could be luck, physics, God or The Universe looking out for him - depends what you choose to believe.

Some chick's weave saved her from a bullet here in the states. If her life were to be examined, I'm sure a lot of Naija Christians would say she was a sinner etc. Was this an act of God, or was it simply luck, a good(or maybe bad, depending on who you ask) weave, or physics? We'll never know, but one thing's for sure, it wasn't her time.

The Pastor is lucky he survived and if being born again makes him a kinder, more compassionate, human being, then it sounds like a win-win situation. Hopefully, he'll use his influence and second chance at life to preach love and not hate, dressed up In Jesus Name.
Re: Pastor Saved as Holy Book deflects Bullet by oyinda3(f): 12:49am On May 30, 2009
NoFearNYC:

Could be luck, physics, God or The Universe looking out for him - depends what you choose to believe.

Some chick's weave saved her from a bullet here in the states.

you're serious  cheesy cheesy cheesy hahahaha
Re: Pastor Saved as Holy Book deflects Bullet by NoFearNYC(m): 12:52am On May 30, 2009
oyinda.:

you're serious  cheesy cheesy cheesy hahahaha

Yeah, I'm serious, she was all over the news.
http://www.kctv5.com/news/18750792/detail.html
Re: Pastor Saved as Holy Book deflects Bullet by Recognise: 1:52am On May 30, 2009
[size=14pt]@^[/size]

Unbe_weave_able? . . .

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Other than having a bit of a headache, a Kansas City woman was uninjured after a bullet fired at her ended up tangled in her hair weave.

Police said Briana Bond, 20, was in a convenience store parking lot late Wednesday when a man flagged her down and told her that her ex-boyfriend still loved her. She replied, "Well I don't love him," then heard gunshots.

She said she looked behind the vehicle and saw her ex-boyfriend firing a handgun at her.

"On my way out I saw him walking up the sidewalk, and he just started shooting, four shots, and one of them hit the back of my head, and luckily it didn't go through because my wig cap stopped it," Bond said.

She stomped her accelerator and fled, then turned into another parking lot and called police. She told officers she recently had ended an eight-month relationship with the suspect.

Police arrested the ex-boyfriend and his friend in a car.

[center][flash=425,345]http:///kt7pfk[/flash][/center]

"I invested a lot of money into this wig, and it saved my life," Bond said. "I've got an angel."
Re: Pastor Saved as Holy Book deflects Bullet by oyinda3(f): 2:09am On May 30, 2009
that is serious. very unbeweavable lol
Re: Pastor Saved as Holy Book deflects Bullet by interestin: 7:54am On May 30, 2009
interesting
Re: Pastor Saved as Holy Book deflects Bullet by enziga(m): 8:03am On May 30, 2009
JIL:

I don't know why people respond to crazy people. If you see a mad man on the street, would you respond to them if they engage in issues that does not concern them. I have said it several times, these atheists are mad, just ignore them.

U actually think the bible deflectin the bullet was a miracle??
Like na wa for some of u christians and ur manner of thinking,
Re: Pastor Saved as Holy Book deflects Bullet by enziga(m): 8:05am On May 30, 2009
bindex:

When good things happen every body is quick to point out that jesus did it, but when bad things happen it is either the devil or something else. I know a Chinese man(atheist) that was shoot in the chest and survived, was it jesus that protected him too? grin grin. What about the countless numbers of christians that were killed in road accidents on their way to evangelize? does jesus not love them?

Heheh can u blame them? The devil is quicked to be blamed for everything. if the devil didn't do it, then GOD HAD A REASoN FOR LETTING IT HAPPEN!!, Remember i've come to explain this their stupidity with a verse in the bible. The lord shall have mercy/compassion on whomsoever he wants to have mercy/compassion on. So anybody who dies a bad death, God did not choose to have mercy on basically
Re: Pastor Saved as Holy Book deflects Bullet by Tudor3(m): 9:10am On May 30, 2009
^^^ True talk my brother.

(1) (Reply)

Why Is Nairaland Christian E-fellowship Locked? / Prayer For President Musa Yaradua Of Nigeria / Where Can I Get Nigerian Praise & Worship Cd?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.