Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,649 members, 7,813,194 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:26 AM

Fear - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Fear (660 Views)

What Did Jesus Say About: Terrorism, Disaster And Fear? / Why Do You Fear Death? / Should We Live In The Fear Or In The Hope Of The Coming Of Jesus Christ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fear by redsun(m): 7:15pm On May 29, 2009
There is always a fear.What are U afraid of?People are always afraid of different things,depending on their horizon,the state of mind,the more u get, the more u want.

The state of fearlessness is supreme,it is the state of absolute freedom and dispositions.

What are u in bondage of?Is it ignorance,greed,selfishness,ego,pride,poverty,boredom?name it

Contentedness is a virtue.
Re: Fear by bawomolo(m): 7:18pm On May 29, 2009
This thread has been done before.

Christians claim not to be afraid but became christian because of the love and warmth they feel from Jesus.

You wonder if they would try Buddhism if they could feel the same love through meditation. A certain amount of fear (of hell and badluck) is needed to keep the religious flock in the fold. They won't admit to it though since their "religion" is not a religion but a way of life.
Re: Fear by redsun(m): 7:33pm On May 29, 2009
Afraid of their own shadows.They are the jesus,the buddas,the mohamads,the prohets,the kings,the angels,whatever,but they are still seeking in the wrong directions.

I wish they see the other side of the coin.
Re: Fear by Image123(m): 1:57am On May 30, 2009
Afraid posters already!
Re: Fear by jagunlabi(m): 10:44am On May 30, 2009
Fear is the food that feeds the ego.Becoming aware of the ego is the death of the ego,hence the end of fear.The ego cannot stand awareness and without ego there is no fear.
Most organized religions are driven by the ego,hence the need for fearmongering to ensure their continuing survival.
Re: Fear by toneyb: 1:24pm On May 30, 2009
jagunlabi:

Fear is the food that feeds the ego.Becoming aware of the ego is the death of the ego,hence the end of fear.The ego cannot stand awareness and without ego there is no fear.
Most organized religions are driven by the ego,hence the need for fearmongering to ensure their continuing survival.

So true
Re: Fear by manmustwac(m): 9:44pm On May 31, 2009
jagunlabi:

Sounds interesting but can u break it down and make easier for me to understand jagunlabi? wink
Re: Fear by jagunlabi(m): 12:25pm On Jun 01, 2009
What do you want to know?There are quite a few things in that post.
manmustwac:

Sounds interesting but can u break it down and make easier for me to understand jagunlabi? wink
Re: Fear by manmustwac(m): 2:08pm On Jun 01, 2009
Just explain what u meant by the ego. It would help me to understand your post better.
Re: Fear by jagunlabi(m): 2:43pm On Jun 01, 2009
Okay.The ego is the false sense of self ,made up from the thoughts processes generated by the mind.This false sense of self in all of us is that part of us that that we mistake to be us,but is not.
Example,when people "press your button",they press your ego.The ego is what allows you to be manipulated by others,or seeks to manipulate others for it's own satisfaction.
You need to read books of Eckhart Tolle,"A New Earth" to understand a whole lot better.
I cannot explain it as clearly as some people because i am no spiritual teacher.
manmustwac:

Just explain what u meant by the ego. It would help me to understand your post better.
Re: Fear by PastorAIO: 3:10pm On Jun 01, 2009
Does the fact that the ego is created by the mind make it any less you?
Re: Fear by jagunlabi(m): 3:25pm On Jun 01, 2009
Yes,it is the lesser you,the illusory you,the false you that we all think is the real us.
It is said that the source of all evil is money.This saying can't be any more wrong.The very source of evil,of human dramas is the EGO.
Pastor AIO:

Does the fact that the ego is created by the mind make it any less you?

(1) (Reply)

Question: "will There Be An End Times Temple In Jerusalem?" / I Feel The World Is Coming To An End / God Is. Christians Don't Have To Prove Anything To Atheists And Scoffers.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.