Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,949 members, 7,817,789 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:42 PM

Why Do You Fear Death? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do You Fear Death? (3140 Views)

Why People Fear Death And The Way Out / The God You Dont Know, How Will You Fear Him And How Will He Bless You / The Devil Is Powerless Without Your Fear. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do You Fear Death? by malvisguy212: 9:14am On Apr 06, 2015
People who have no assurance of their
salvation fear death. I know, since I was
afraid of death before I put my faith in
Jesus Christ. If there is no God, then
death would be merely a ceasing of
existence ,with nothing to fear. However, if Christianity is true, then those who do not believe should fear death, since the fate of believers and non-believers is quite different.

WHY JUDGMENT?
The consistency of the physical laws of
the universe are reflection of God's
unchangeable and righteous nature. In
order to be consistent and righteous, God must judge every behavior that is not consistent with His. Therefore, any
ungodly behavior must be judged and
condemned by God in order for Him to
retain His righteousness. A common
myth is that God "grades on the curve"
and "as long as I behave better than
most people, He will allow me into
heaven." God's righteousness is absolute, not relative.

WHY FEAR?
All spiritual creatures ( angels, and humans) recognize that their spirits are eternal and that they will go through judgment of God, based upon their adherence to the laws of God. The Bible says that knowledge of God's existence and the eternal nature of the human spirit has been revealed to all people:
Ecclesiastes 3:11>>>>

He has made everything beautiful in
its time. He has also set eternity in
the hearts of men; yet they cannot
fathom what God has done from
beginning to end.

NO FEAR;
There are many possibilities on the existence of God. Atheists say that
God doesn't exist and that death results
in the end of individual existence. There
should be nothing to fear from death,
since your brain just shuts down. Deists
say that God exists, but doesn't have any interests in humanity. So, there is no heaven/hell and death ends it all, as in atheism. Many other religions claim
a god or gods, but none seem to be
interested in punishing human beings.Islam say if your good deed outweigh your bad deed,you will be favour,although this seems like a punishment to sinner that may lead to fear but this ease up the fear (if I can do enough).It is only Christianity that says that death brings judgment to the unrepentant. So, if you go by the odds, either death brings the cessation of existence or some kind of paradise that is open for everybody. It is irrational to fear this kind of uncertainty. So, the only kind of uncertainty that should be feared is whether or not Christianity is true.

ENDING FEAR;
If you want to relieve your fears about
death, you should try to determine if
Christianity is true or false. The
assignment is not too difficult. It isn't as
if you need to examine every religion on
the face of the earth - just one. Unlike
the other religions, which generally go
uncriticized, there are numerous
objections to Christianity, especially by
atheists. It's as if they know that
Christianity is the only religion that
seriously challenges their atheism. So,
you are going to live in fear and doubt
until you deal with the question of
whether Christianity is true or not. Visit
the atheists' websites. Visit the Christian
sites. Get informed and make a rational
decision.

CONCLUSION;
So to my atheists friends. If you fear death, yet believe that God does not exist, then you are being irrational. Then again, maybe you uncertain whether death is the end of your existence. ARE YOU READY TO DIE?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do You Fear Death? by malvisguy212: 10:30pm On Apr 06, 2015
malvisguy212:
existence ,with nothing to fear. However, if Christianity is true, then those who do not believe should fear death, since the fate of believers and non-believers is quite different.

WHY JUDGMENT?
unchangeable and righteous nature. In
order to be consistent and righteous, God must judge every behavior that is not consistent with His. Therefore, any

WHY FEAR?
All spiritual creatures ( angels, and humans) recognize that their spirits are eternal and that they will go through judgment of God, based upon their adherence to the laws of God. The Bible says that knowledge of God's existence and the eternal nature of the human spirit has been revealed to all people:

beginning to end.

NO FEAR;
say that God exists, but doesn't have any interests in humanity. So, there is no heaven/hell and death ends it all, as in atheism. Many other religions claim
interested in punishing human beings.Islam say if your good deed outweigh your bad deed,you will be favour,although this seems like a punishment to sinner that may lead to fear but this ease up the fear (if I can do enough).It is only Christianity that says that death brings judgment to the unrepentant. So, if you go by the odds, either death brings the cessation of existence or some kind of paradise that is open for everybody. It is irrational to fear this kind of uncertainty. So, the only kind of uncertainty that should be feared is whether or not Christianity is true.

ENDING FEAR;
seriously challenges their atheism. So,
decision.

CONCLUSION;
So to my atheists friends. If you fear death, yet believe that God does not exist, then you are being irrational. Then again, maybe you uncertain whether death is the end of your existence. ARE YOU READY TO DIE?
Re: Why Do You Fear Death? by mustymatic(m): 12:06am On Apr 07, 2015
SMH
Re: Why Do You Fear Death? by malvisguy212: 7:51am On Apr 07, 2015
[quote author=mustymatic post=32429500][/quote]
Re: Why Do You Fear Death? by malvisguy212: 8:19am On Apr 12, 2015
Re: Why Do You Fear Death? by An2elect2(f): 1:35pm On Apr 12, 2015
The only time i can fear death is if i no longer have the assurance of salvation.

But am confident that my salvation is for ever. Amen.
Re: Why Do You Fear Death? by davien(m): 1:40pm On Apr 12, 2015
Faith peddlers have conned quite a lot of people...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do You Fear Death? by malvisguy212: 1:59pm On Apr 12, 2015
An2elect2:
The only time i can fear death is if i no longer have the assurance of salvation.

But am confident that my salvation is for ever. Amen.
and AMEN. Thank you my sister.
Re: Why Do You Fear Death? by malvisguy212: 2:04pm On Apr 12, 2015
davien:
Faith peddlers have conned quite a lot of people...
the bible encourage us to be certain in our faith in God and be fully convinced.

I really want you to check this link, when will we have "the theory of everything" Physicists want to find a single theory that describes the entire universe.
http://www.bbc.com/earth/story/20150409-can-science-ever-explain-everything
Re: Why Do You Fear Death? by Pr0ton: 12:23am On Apr 22, 2015
malvisguy212:
existence ,with nothing to fear.
However, if Christianity is true, then those who do not believe should fear death, since the fate of believers and non-believers is quite different.

First, you stated that those who don't believe in God have no reason to fear death as what they only believe to be true is when they die their brain shuts down, they cease to live and nothing more afterwards. Then you went on again to say unbelievers fear death. How contradictory! This is not the question of whether Christianity is true or not. An unbeliver is an unbeliever. He doesn't believe and can never be afraid of death.

WHY JUDGMENT?
unchangeable and righteous nature.
In

Look around you. Isn't it part of physical laws and natural processes for humans to behave the way they do now? It is. And to your idea, these physical laws are the reflection of God's righteous and consistent nature. So we are the reflection of His righteous nature. How, then, can we be inconsistent with Him? Everything we do here are bound within the physical laws of the universal, thus we are always consistent and can never be inconsistent.

WHY FEAR?

beginning to end.

Again, this fear of judgement is only applicable to those who believe it, not to those (atheists) who don't.

NO FEAR;
interested in punishing human beings.Islam say if your good deed outweigh your bad deed,you will be favour,although this seems like a punishment to sinner that may lead to fear but this ease up the fear (if I can do enough). It is only Christianity that says that death brings judgment to the unrepentant.

Again, this kind of fear is only applicable to those who believe it, not to those who don't.

So, if you go by the odds, either death brings the cessation of existence or some kind of paradise that is open for everybody. It is irrational to fear this kind of uncertainty. So, the only kind of uncertainty that should be feared is whether or not Christianity is true.

You call it uncertainty. That's what you think. But to us it'a certainty - Christianity is utterly fake.

ENDING FEAR;
seriously challenges their atheism.
So,
decision.

At the bolded. Not close to what you think at all. Christianity is the one with the most absurd idea and the easiest to bash.

And yeah, if you eventually get fully convinced that Christianity is not true? We return to the unbeliever idea.

CONCLUSION;

If the audience you are speaking to is uncertain, then they are no atheists at all.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do You Fear Death? by malvisguy212: 7:58am On Jul 06, 2015
Pr0ton:

First, you stated that those who don't believe in God have no reason to fear death as what they only believe to be true is when they die their brain shuts down, they cease to live and nothing more afterwards. Then you went on again to say unbelievers fear death. How contradictory! This is not the question of whether Christianity is true or not. An unbeliver is an unbeliever. He doesn't believe and can never be afraid of death.

Look around you. Isn't it part of physical laws and natural processes for humans to behave the way they do now? It is. And to your idea, these physical laws are the reflection of God's righteous and consistent nature. So we are the reflection of His righteous nature. How, then, can we be inconsistent with Him? Everything we do here are bound within the physical laws of the universal, thus we are always consistent and can never be inconsistent.

Again, this fear of judgement is only applicable to those who believe it, not to those (atheists) who don't.

Again, this kind of fear is only applicable to those who believe it, not to those who don't.

You call it uncertainty. That's what you think. But to us it'a certainty - Christianity is utterly fake.

At the bolded. Not close to what you think at all. Christianity is the one with the most absurd idea and the easiest to bash.

And yeah, if you eventually get fully convinced that Christianity is not true? We return to the unbeliever idea.

If the audience you are speaking to is uncertain, then they are no atheists at all.
I don't know how you read threads. Read this line again:

"If there is no God, then death would be merely a ceasing of existence ,with nothing to fear. However, if Christianity is true, then those who do not believe should fear death, since the fate of
believers and non-believers is quite
different."

If there Is no God , no need to fear death , HOWEVER if Christianity is true ,unbelievers should fear death. Simple as that.
Re: Why Do You Fear Death? by johnydon22(m): 8:20am On Jul 06, 2015
malvisguy212:
I don't know how you read threads. Read this line again:

"If there is no God, then death would be merely a ceasing of existence ,with nothing to fear. However, if Christianity is true, then those who do not believe should fear death, since the fate of
believers and non-believers is quite
different."

[b]And now you are trying to eliminate all other possible hells from the picture.

If Islam is true then you as a christian should fear death because your fate as an unbeliever of islam is different from that of believers muslims.

If Hinduism is true then you are still going to hell for not being a believer

If Zoroastrianism is true then you are still going to hell for not being a believer but an unbeliever.

If Jainism is true then yet again another hell for you as an unbeliever.

And so it spans for more than 2000 other religions and hell concepts out there that you are possibly going cheesy..so i advice you get consumed by fear because a lot of hells are waiting for you.
Your odd is still 99% with that of an atheist.

So you see, same way you do not believe these other hells and their religions is exactly same way i don't believe yours...
So next time when writing something like this don't subject it to only one concept to make yourself feel good, add the other concepts out there.

"WHY SHOULD I FEAR DEATH, IF I AM DEATH IS NOT, IF DEATH IS I AM NOT. WHY SHOULD I FEAR THAT WHICH CANNOT EXIST WHEN I DO" epicurus smiley

Only little boys and those swimming in abject delusion fear inexistence.
[/b]

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do You Fear Death? by malvisguy212: 8:33am On Jul 06, 2015
johnydon22:

[b]And now you are trying to eliminate all other possible hells from the picture.

If Islam is true then you as a christian should fear death because your fate as an unbeliever of islam is different from that of believers muslims.

If Hinduism is true then you are still going to hell for not being a believer

If Zoroastrianism is true then you are still going to hell for not being a believer but an unbeliever.

If Jainism is true then yet again another hell for you as an unbeliever.

And so it spans for more than 2000 other religions and hell concepts out there that you are possibly going cheesy..so i advice you get consumed by fear because a lot of hells are waiting for you.
Your odd is still 99% with that of an atheist.

So you see, same way you do not believe these other hells and their religions is exactly same way i don't believe yours...
So next time when writing something like this don't subject it to only one concept to make yourself feel good, add the other concepts out there.

"WHY SHOULD I FEAR DEATH, IF I AM DEATH IS NOT, IF DEATH IS I AM NOT. WHY SHOULD I FEAR THAT WHICH CANNOT EXIST WHEN I DO" epicurus smiley
[/b]
read the op, and see were I talk about islam. If islam is true, I don't need to fear because islam concept of judgment, even a sinner can be saved, which contradict the nature of HOLINESS IN GOD.

And concerning others religion, you fail woefully,Zoroastrianism,hinduism and the rest, NONE seems to punish those who opposed them. I once ask a pagan, what is the punishment for not being a pagan, he did not reply me.

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Fear Death? by johnydon22(m): 8:56am On Jul 06, 2015
malvisguy212:
read the op, and see were I talk about islam. If islam is true, I don't need to fear because islam concept of judgment, even a sinner can be saved, which contradict the nature of HOLINESS IN GOD.

And concerning others religion, you fail woefully,Zoroastrianism,hinduism and the rest, NONE seems to punish those who opposed them. I once ask a pagan, what is the punishment for not being a pagan, he did not reply me.
[b]Hahahahahaha is that in a bid to make yourself feel good? you are in for it mate because those hells absolutely await you. A pagan didn't reply you because he's religion is far less barbaric than yours because for the fact that you can conceive a deity than burns people forever in a fire for unbelief depicts EVIL and BARBARISM nothing near perfection.. And about that Islam talk, it takes no soothsayer to know you are going to hell as an unbeliever. cheesy

I for one will not oblige you talk about the concept of hell in Hinduism and Zoroastrianism because it is very unnecessary discussion in this regard i have laid out my points so you can prepare for all the possible hells you are going. wink

If i hadn't known your religion inside out, The fact that you apparently have no problem that everyone who doesn't believer as you do is going to burn in a literal hell fire for eternity regardless of how good they lived,
really tells me all i need to know about your religion and about you
[/b]

2 Likes

Re: Why Do You Fear Death? by malvisguy212: 9:45pm On Jul 06, 2015
johnydon22:

[b]Hahahahahaha is that in a bid to make yourself feel good? you are in for it mate because those hells absolutely await you. A pagan didn't reply you because he's religion is far less barbaric than yours because for the fact that you can conceive a deity than burns people forever in a fire for unbelief depicts EVIL and BARBARISM nothing near perfection.. And about that Islam talk, it takes no soothsayer to know you are going to hell as an unbeliever. cheesy

I for one will not oblige you talk about the concept of hell in Hinduism and Zoroastrianism because it is very unnecessary discussion in this regard i have laid out my points so you can prepare for all the possible hells you are going. wink

If i hadn't known your religion inside out, The fact that you apparently have no problem that everyone who doesn't believer as you do is going to burn in a literal hell fire for eternity regardless of how good they lived,
really tells me all i need to know about your religion and about you
[/b]
that is the point i am making.

If Zoroastrianism,hinduism and pagans do not seems to punish those who challenge their belief, you don't need to fear death, this religion satisfied your insecurity concerning death. But ask you self , if you believe 100% God did not exist , WHY DO YOU FEAR DEATH ?
Re: Why Do You Fear Death? by johnydon22(m): 10:00pm On Jul 06, 2015
malvisguy212:
that is the point i am making.

If Zoroastrianism,hinduism and pagans do not seems to punish those who challenge their belief, you don't need to fear death, this religion satisfied your insecurity concerning death. But ask you self , if you believe 100% God did not exist , WHY DO YOU FEAR DEATH ?
I must be very blunt this time and am sorry about that but i must say you are very DAFT for repeating this same question again after i have answered it... "I don't fear death, death means inexistence, there is absolutely no reason to fear death" let me quote myself again

WHY SHOULD I FEAR DEATH, IF I AM DEATH IS NOT. IF DEATH IS, I AM NOT. WHY SHOULD I FEAR THAT WHICH CANNOT EXIST WHEN I DO..

Honestly speaking i just do hope you wont repeat that same question again because it will totally sell you out wrong embarassed
Re: Why Do You Fear Death? by malvisguy212: 10:23pm On Jul 06, 2015
johnydon22:

I must be very blunt this time and am sorry about that but i must say you are very DAFT for repeating this same question again after i have answered it... "I don't fear death, death means inexistence, there is absolutely no reason to fear death" let me quote myself again

WHY SHOULD I FEAR DEATH, IF I AM DEATH IS NOT. IF DEATH IS, I AM NOT. WHY SHOULD I FEAR THAT WHICH CANNOT EXIST WHEN I DO..

Honestly speaking i just do hope you wont repeat that same question again because it will totally sell you out wrong embarassed
see, let me tell you something,I do not create this thread for argument, the thread is all about YOU, ask yourself questions and answer. Everybody knows you are not truthful my friend, you cannot disprove the existence of God and you don't know anything about afterlife , still you are not afraid if you are wrong or right? Are you a robot ? Or some atheists friends brainwash you ? Is like Nigeria atheists are different from the rest .
Re: Why Do You Fear Death? by johnydon22(m): 10:30pm On Jul 06, 2015
malvisguy212:
see, let me tell you something,I do not create this thread for argument, the thread is all about YOU, ask yourself questions and answer. Everybody knows you are not truthful my friend, you cannot disprove the existence of God and you don't know anything about afterlife , still you are not afraid if you are wrong or right? Are you a robot ? Or some atheists friends brainwash you ? Is like Nigeria atheists are different from the rest .
Seriously talking with you always makes me slap my face...embarassed

times without numbers not everyone is as delusional as you, only those swimming in abject delusion fear death. . why should you fear inexistence or are you just trying to impose your fears on others

Lmao. . .i wonder how many atheists you have met before seriously.
WHY SHOULD YOU FEAR DEATH WHEN DEATH MEANS YOU NO LONGER EXIST. . . Again Johnydon22 do not fear death because when i die, i am dead...simple.

Seriously your posts sells you out real bad honestly, its really sad. try and employ little objectivity when you discuss. . .

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Fear Death? by malvisguy212: 10:56pm On Jul 06, 2015
johnydon22:

times without numbers not everyone is as delusional as you, only those swimming in abject delusion fear death. . why should you fear inexistence or are you just trying to impose your fears on others

WHY SHOULD YOU FEAR DEATH WHEN DEATH MEANS YOU NO LONGER EXIST. . . Again Johnydon22 do not fear death because when i die, i am dead...simple.

Seriously your posts sells you out real bad honestly, its really sad. try and employ little objectivity when you discuss. . .
ok
Re: Why Do You Fear Death? by UyiIredia(m): 11:33pm On Jul 06, 2015
@ malvisguy2012: This is simply wrong. Many atheists and non-Christian believers don't fear death.
Re: Why Do You Fear Death? by UyiIredia(m): 11:35pm On Jul 06, 2015
johnydon22:

Do you fear dead bodies ? Have you worked with one ? Just asking.
Re: Why Do You Fear Death? by johnydon22(m): 11:46pm On Jul 06, 2015
UyiIredia:

Do you fear dead bodies ? Have you worked with one ? Just asking.
fear dead bodies? like am crazy. . . My grandmum died on my birthday 28december and i was the only one with her the night she died, my siblings were at my paternal home (we were in the village) she died around 12-1am because i noticed her breathing stopped and i checked and it dawned on me she was dead. . .i cried alright but not fear, i stayed like that till morning alerted people by 4:30am. . . dead people are dead, [size=20]there is absolutely nothing to fear [/size]

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Fear Death? by UyiIredia(m): 11:55pm On Jul 06, 2015
johnydon22:
fear dead bodies? like am crazy. . . My grandmum died on my birthday 28december and i was the only one with her the night she died, my siblings were at my paternal home (we were in the village) she died around 12-1am because i noticed her breathing stopped and i checked and it dawned on me she was dead. . .i cried alright but not fear, i stayed like that till morning alerted people by 4:30am. . . dead people are dead, [size=20]there is absolutely nothing to fear [/size]

Sorry about your grandmum.

I think there is something to fear, namely, the way one dies. No one will like to die a painful death especially the one that involve torture. That said, were you born in 1990 ?

And BTW we are birthday mates.
Re: Why Do You Fear Death? by johnydon22(m): 12:06am On Jul 07, 2015
UyiIredia:

Sorry about your grandmum.

I think there is something to fear, namely, the way one dies. No one will like to die a painful death especially the one that involve torture. That said, were you born in 1990 ?

And BTW we are birthday mates.
hahahahaha yaaaaaaaay!!!! if you were here in the east we would meet up wash down our birthday on some bottle of beers wink.

Of course no one actually want to die a painful death like being slaughtered like a goat or being burnt with fire or stuffs that actually is the fear of survival and pain not necessarily death.

I actually would prefer to die like my grandmum, a peaceful death without stress smiley. . .

You know fear is a thing of the mind that is why you can see people who even fear that zombies are real ..lol.. and fear is somewhat of a burden to the person that is afraid
Re: Why Do You Fear Death? by malvisguy212: 6:24am On Jul 07, 2015
UyiIredia:
@ malvisguy2012: This is simply wrong. Many atheists and non-Christian believers don't fear death.
only if they are manipulated by satan.
Re: Why Do You Fear Death? by johnydon22(m): 8:01am On Jul 07, 2015
malvisguy212:
only if they are manipulated by satan.
You see? Just imagine how childish you sound now. you are not interested in objectivity, you just want to push your fears down people's throat. . . .[size=20]There is absolutely nothing to fear about death[/size] yet you want to force people to accept your fears. others are not you, so your fears are your fears…

Looking at this people can easily discern that you are a christian and a theist only because you fear death, you fear what you imagine might be. .
it's quite a pity tho lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Fear Death? by menesheh(m): 8:09am On Jul 07, 2015
johnydon22:

You see? Just imagine how childish you sound now. you are not interested in objectivity, you just want to push your fears down people's throat. . . .[size=20]There is absolutely nothing to fear about death[/size] yet you want to force people to accept your fears. others are not you, so your fears are your fears…

Looking at this people can easily discern that you are a christian and a theist only because you fear death, you fear what you imagine might be. .

He is committing Logical fallacy. Appealing to the unknown to justify his nonsensical preposition

2 Likes

Re: Why Do You Fear Death? by malvisguy212: 9:09am On Jul 07, 2015
johnydon22:

you filled up this thread with bragging "I don't fear death" I don't know your if you are sincere or not and untop of that , I hate replying you because you do not understand the aim of the thread . Look at the world around you , the most talk about issue is "death and afterlife" today you read a convincing proof there is nothing like afterlife tomorrow you read another convincing proof, there is afterlife. Every sane human will be conscious about this . What if the other argument are true ? And you are wrong? Vice versa . How can you removed this fear ? It very simple , do your searching if Christianity is false, NO matter the outcome of your evidence ,it will removed your fear .
1. If Christianity is false, no need to be afraid of afterlife.because no other religion seem to punished thoes who opposed there belief . The judgment Allah described in the quran ,even a sinner can be save, this contradicte the nature of holiness in God.
2 .if Christianity is right, you will not be afraid of death , because there is hope for you . Just like me , All through my days of being a sinner , I was afraid of death , I know ,all this sin I am committing I will give account for it somehow.but the day the spirit convict me of my sin and I repent, I know longer afraid of death.

If you are not afraid to die . ARE YOU READY TO DIE ?
Re: Why Do You Fear Death? by frank317: 9:16am On Jul 07, 2015
Re: Why Do You Fear Death? by frank317: 9:17am On Jul 07, 2015
johnydon22:

Lol... If u continue with that guy...you might bite of your tongue.

From his posts u can imagine how he sleeps every night in terror and fear of what his loving God would do to him if he mistakenly dies during an act such as looking a nice cute asss (lol his God is okay with him admiring a fine car but THOU SHALL NOT ADMIRE A CUTE BEHIND)

Sometimes I wonder how he behaves in real life... Op are u married? You sound to me like someone who would ask God to understand that you only sleep with ur wife for baby making things and not for fun because if he finds out you like sex more than him... You will find you r sorry ass in hell.
Re: Why Do You Fear Death? by johnydon22(m): 9:46am On Jul 07, 2015
malvisguy212:
you filled up this thread with bragging "I don't fear death" I don't know your if you are sincere or not and untop of that , I hate replying you because you do not understand the aim of the thread.
Its not bragging because it is the plain truth. . . maybe you were expecting a different answer making you to pay blind eyes when given the plain answer but i am not you, i am not ruled by the thought of an imaginative afterlife

Look at the world around you , the most talk about issue is "death and afterlife" today you read a convincing proof there is nothing like afterlife tomorrow you read another convincing proof, there is afterlife. Every sane human will be conscious about this . What if the other argument are true ? And you are wrong? Vice versa . How can you removed this fear ? It very simple , do your searching if Christianity is false, NO matter the outcome of your evidence ,it will removed your fear .
Any sane mind reading this wont find it difficult to discern that you are in fact afraid of afterlife which made you bank on Christianity in the hope of evading the outcome of afterlife if indeed there is, its called banking on your fears and it only shows what a feeble, dependent entity you are.
Afterlife as an imaginative human concept was first proposed by the Egyptians (the tribunal of osiris) am sure you didn't know this. . so you should know that your own concept of afterlife is still very young.

You where no where before life, but somehow selfishly you expect to be somewhere after death...

1. If Christianity is false, no need to be afraid of afterlife.because no other religion seem to punished thoes who opposed there belief . The judgment Allah described in the quran ,even a sinner can be save, this contradicte the nature of holiness in God.
One would imagine after all your copy and paste of koranic verses that you must have come across where the koran stipulated hell torture as a punishment for unbelievers.
e.g: surah 2:114...so stop claiming nonsense in a bid to make yourself feel good.

But for the fact that you proudly argue that your religion gives threat of eternal punishment out in an open forum just shows how shameless you can be in the process of preaching your religion. i would be ashamed to mention that barbaric aspect of any religion if i adhere to one.

2 .if Christianity is right, you will not be afraid of death , because there is hope for you . Just like me , All through my days of being a sinner , I was afraid of death , I know ,all this sin I am committing I will give account for it somehow.but the day the spirit convict me of my sin and I repent, I know longer afraid of death.
Anybody reading this will see that you are just propagating your religion based on a supposed fear factor to cajole people into believing your god concept out of fear. . but any sane mind would find the concept of a god willing to burn people for unbelief very disturbing and barbaric because it depicts an entity suffering from chronic sadism and egoism.

Your fear of this egoistic deity may be your hook keeping your in Christianity thats fine but do not drag others down your mess by asserting they too should resort to fear to believe in a deity. . . The basis of your religion is fear not faith after all..

If you are not afraid to die . ARE YOU READY TO DIE ?
And again you bring up another question that sell you out to be daft, i just wish you could always read your post to see the way you sound.
This question is like saying if i am tired of all the sweet experiences that comes with being conscious. . eating, reading, laughing, crying, family, friends, drinking, playing basketball, frolicking with my girl friend and a million other fun stuffs we do and start getting ready to go unconscious. . . to this i say "You have a serious problem"

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Fear Death? by johnydon22(m): 9:59am On Jul 07, 2015
frank317:

Lol... If u continue with that guy...you might bite of your tongue.

From his posts u can imagine how he sleeps every night in terror and fear of what his loving God would do to him if he mistakenly dies during an act such as looking a nice cute asss (lol his God is okay with him admiring a fine car but THOU SHALL NOT ADMIRE A CUTE BEHIND)

Sometimes I wonder how he behaves in real life... Op are u married? You sound to me like someone who would ask God to understand that you only sleep with ur wife for baby making things and not for fun because if he finds out you like sex more than him... You will find you r sorry ass in hell.
Its quite a pity frank, i find it hard to swallow how supposed adults think and write like kids, even adolescents would be better...But i kind of understand his phobia after all.

I suppose some people find comfort in the notion of passing away instead of simply "dying".

It is not difficult to understand why we create stories for ourselves given that we are probably the only species on the planet who know at a very young age that we will die one die.

other animals just live in the moment.

I doubt if the dogs, goats and even little lizards perching on our walls are fretting of afterlife or performing rituals to secure places in heaven, but our knowledge of the inevitable end of our being is somewhat of a burden.

so maybe people should learn to stop dwelling such fantasy as an afterlife and just get on with what we have now and where we are.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How I Lost My Own Family Because Of The Gospel. / 27 Signs You Are Cursed (hex / Jinx) / Female Trousers: What If You Are Wrong?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 149
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.