Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,646 members, 7,851,175 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 02:37 PM

National Assembly Is No Longer Safe! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / National Assembly Is No Longer Safe! (705 Views)

We Are No Longer Safe In Bayelsa, Igbo Traders Tell Police / See Why The National Assembly Is Powerless Without The Mace In The House! / National Assembly Is A Den Of Rogues & Armed Robbers - Obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

National Assembly Is No Longer Safe! by Nobody: 7:34pm On May 29, 2009
Security was beefed up yesterday at the National Assembly complex, Abuja to ward-off possible attack by men of the Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta [MEND] as reprisal to the on-going bombardment of militants' bases in the creeks by the military.
Access to the National Assembly was restricted by a combined team of armed regular and mobile policemen, staff of the Sergeant-at-Arms and other security operatives.

All unmarked cars identified as being used for commercial purposes were turned back from the main entrance, while other occupants of cars were identified before being allowed entry.

The policemen were backed up with an Amoured Personel Carrier and Bomb Disposal vehicles, stationed very closed to the main entrance and manned by eagle-eyed officers.

Re: National Assembly Is No Longer Safe! by blacksta(m): 8:52pm On May 29, 2009
na today - Them never see anything yet- them go soon need bunker.
Re: National Assembly Is No Longer Safe! by oderemo(m): 8:55pm On May 29, 2009
one day it will only take one hour to change that areas of our Constitution that has been holding us down. i pray its not when the house is surrounded by gunmen.
Re: National Assembly Is No Longer Safe! by MaiSuya(m): 9:01pm On May 29, 2009
Na wa o! this MEND. . .
Re: National Assembly Is No Longer Safe! by bawomolo(m): 9:13pm On May 29, 2009
Only if they had listened to Saro Wiwa. We won't be dealing with this mess if the FG actually listened to people's complaints.
Re: National Assembly Is No Longer Safe! by blacksta(m): 9:18pm On May 29, 2009
bawomolo:

Only if they had listened to Saro Wiwa. We won't be dealing with this mess if the FG actually listened to people's complaints.

Listen ke ? when one is blinded by greed - u cant hear anything o
Re: National Assembly Is No Longer Safe! by blackspade(m): 9:52pm On May 29, 2009
MEND should lay low for now, let them get comfortable again. . . . .then go in for the kill!

wink
Re: National Assembly Is No Longer Safe! by philip0906(m): 10:26pm On May 29, 2009
MEND should lay low for now, let them get comfortable again. . . . .then go in for the kill!
nice game plan! grin grin
Re: National Assembly Is No Longer Safe! by CyberG: 10:49pm On May 29, 2009
If MEND pulled this off without letting them know, it would have been a GAMECHANGER for Nigeria! Kai. . .how did they publicize their plan until the thieves got an idea of what was in the offing? You bet some of the thieves will now start randomly avoiding their normal sessions (yet getting paid and stealing money) if they know their violent end is at the door!

@Blackspade. . .good plan! I hope MEND does just that. . .they should also get them a bit comfortable in the ND so the intensity of the JTF hunt can mellow down a bit. Then, using the element of surprise. . .set off at least three powerful bombs activated remotely by phone, satellite or timing at Aso Rock, National Assembly and the military base at Camp 5. Hopefully, maximum damage is effected on all the high level targets in Aso Rock, NA and a complete destruction of the military camp, and then they can all vaporize so any hunt for them is just a wild goose chase. . .they can bank on 'being back for more of the action' in future. Then, civil society can up their pressure on the useless ruling cabal with even more strikes and demonstrations by regular Nigerians. That will be a real game-changer and the lesson will be clear: time for a change has really come, either peacefully or violently! Nigeria cannot just continue on this path of destruction!
Re: National Assembly Is No Longer Safe! by OneNaija(m): 9:38am On May 30, 2009
Oh what is MEND waiting for? They should bomb Aso Rock. Kills them all.
Re: National Assembly Is No Longer Safe! by Sunnybobo3(m): 9:58am On May 30, 2009
@ onenaija

Why not volunteer to be the suicide bomber. Anuofia!
Re: National Assembly Is No Longer Safe! by oderemo(m): 10:11am On May 30, 2009
i will volunteer my goat to carry the bomb at least when the did is done i will have nice meat for isiewu. you cowards.
Re: National Assembly Is No Longer Safe! by Nobody: 9:41am On May 31, 2009
Na wan oo! grin grin
Re: National Assembly Is No Longer Safe! by AjaraEwuro: 10:22am On May 31, 2009
only in Nigeria will you see citizens supporting hoodlums destroying their country all in the cover of one useless fight for right, who doesnt have right to fight for?
Re: National Assembly Is No Longer Safe! by OneNaija(m): 1:21pm On May 31, 2009
@AjaraEwuro That is not stupid plan. I don't understand your Mission here in Nairaland concerning this Niger Delta and Federal Government Issue here I promise you that you are just wasting your time because everybody are entitle to his/her opinion.
Re: National Assembly Is No Longer Safe! by Nobody: 8:40pm On May 31, 2009
@Ajara'EWU'ro.

Them send u? Abi u be militants spokesperson? Which one.
That why MrCrackle finished u on d other thread. shocked
Re: National Assembly Is No Longer Safe! by Gaminechic: 7:19pm On Jun 01, 2009
God safe us o!
Re: National Assembly Is No Longer Safe! by naijaking1: 7:23pm On Jun 01, 2009
bawomolo:

Yes, only if they had listened to Saro Wiwa, and only if Saro Wiwa had listened to Biafra shocked
Re: National Assembly Is No Longer Safe! by Nobody: 9:40pm On Jun 01, 2009
Naijaking wetin Saro Wiwa do u dis time?? Dont say false things about the dead! Huh.
Biafra has nothing to do wif saro wiwa, so is the National Assembly.
The plot to bomb aso villa is already on.
Re: National Assembly Is No Longer Safe! by Nobody: 9:41pm On Jun 01, 2009
Naijaking wetin Saro Wiwa do u dis time?? Dont say false things about the dead! Huh.
Re: National Assembly Is No Longer Safe! by asha80(m): 9:45pm On Jun 01, 2009
brein:

do you have inside information?
Re: National Assembly Is No Longer Safe! by Nobody: 10:16pm On Jun 01, 2009
Well asha 80, it might please u to knw that i got a militant friend frm one of the creeks camp in the Delta.
I jst hope and pray they carryout these operations successfuly.
But rite nw, the decision is to keep blowing up oil pipes en rigs connecting to Shell, Chevron and so on, ,
anoda oil pipe was blown up last week, i wonda why d press didnt publish it.
Re: National Assembly Is No Longer Safe! by lannre(m): 8:18pm On Jun 07, 2009
My people sef dey fear too much, aplogy to Fela. One two three four suicide bomber is enough to make things work,I believe we are moving closer to that area
Re: National Assembly Is No Longer Safe! by Nobody: 8:47pm On Jun 07, 2009
lannre:

My people sef dey fear too much, aplogy to Fela. One two three four suicide bomber is enough to make things work,I believe we are moving closer to that area
i dont think anyone would voluteer to this area cos the suicide bomber would like to be alive to see the effect of the bomb. no be so?
Re: National Assembly Is No Longer Safe! by Nobody: 8:57pm On Jun 07, 2009
asha 80:

do you have inside information?
wait till you hear GBOOOOZAAAAAA!!!!!!!
Re: National Assembly Is No Longer Safe! by Nobody: 11:58am On Jun 08, 2009
Exactly.
Re: National Assembly Is No Longer Safe! by Nezan(m): 12:25pm On Jun 08, 2009
na greed go kill dem MEND people

(1) (Reply)

Police Free Lebanese Kidnapped In Southeast Nigeria / Mass Break-out From Nigeria Jail / Top Artist Micheal Jackson Is Dead.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.