Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,755 members, 7,862,470 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 05:35 PM

Impending DOOM On Osun Education Sector - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Impending DOOM On Osun Education Sector (641 Views)

FG To Declare State Of Emergency In Education Sector In April / ASUU: ASUP Warns FG Of Impending Strike / Lautech Students Say Enough Is Enough Call On Osun & Oyo State Government (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Impending DOOM On Osun Education Sector by RealAdewole(m): 9:34pm On Dec 03, 2015
PRESS RELEASE FROM THE OFFICE OF THE DEPUTY CO-ORDINATOR NANS ZONE D

OSUN EDUCATION SAGA

"Education is the most powerful weapon which we can use to change the world"------Nelson Mandela

I received with a huge surprise and a great shock when I heard the news of the century about the restructuring and introduction of new education policy.

I wasn't surprised that the chief executive officer of the new face-off is our amiable Governor Aregbesola because he is a man full of surprises,lies and fake propagandas.

Merging of state institutions was the first news we heard then that led to street protests and many negotiations in order to enlighten and to awaken the weaken thinking potential of the government and the so called educational reformer.

Despite the agitation from students, workers, lecturers, parents and citizens of our dear state in order to call the current administration to order and stop his unrealistic reformation agenda that pose danger and threats to the development of our state or to the progress of our state.

I marveled at the way education is reformed and hopes of students in osun will soon be shattered with this current flow of reformation and restructuring in education sector if care is not taken.

The government has failed to identify problems of education in the state but have decided to restructure and reform the education sector to suit their taste and to save themselves in this present economy mess we are.

Incessant strike, under staffing,poor health system in our campuses, poor state of our campuses, poor transport network in our schools, poor state of hostels, poor scheme utilized in the process of admission and many more. All these are what the government needs to redress and work on instead of merging our institutions.

According to a Nation wide read newspaper Nigerian Tribune on a fateful sunday. I was so amazed when I read a report where the state government said that it is part of their restructuring programmes that our institutions will be turned to vocational centres and tutorial venues.

I laughed hard and couldn't caution myself until I pronounced the word "CHANGE". How on earth will a sane person thinks toward that direction when he fully knows the positive impacts these institutions are contributing towards the development of our dear state and the entire society at large.

What will be the fate of students that are presently in the schools, those that alumni and recently admitted students?. It is well known that education is the only way to change a society and it is only when our youths that are the social actors of change are educated properly and well oriented that is only when we can experience the change we are clamoring for.

Although people have been responding to this selfish approach on our education but we have decided to join forces with them in fighting this selfish cause of the government. We don't need to transfer our institutions to vocational centres, it can be built by the government. The institutions we have in our state are not sufficient not to talk of merging them together.

It is inappropriate, selfish, inhumane, barbaric and totally uncall for. It is an insult and a great slap on our collective intelligence as citizens of Osun.

We must come together regardless of age, sex, gender, political interest, religion to fight this selfish cause and this present looms in our economy and educational sector. It is a disgrace that we can be enslaved and imprisoned by fake propagandas, lies, and deceit.

OUR DEMANDS

We totally disagree with any form of restructuring that doesn't compile with the educational acts

We refused to support any agenda or propagandas that will not contribute positively towards the development of educational sector in our state.

We want complete withdrawal by the government from this policy we consider as a threat to our education and future.

We want the government to allow schools to proceed with their admission without any delay and provide necessary support for them in actualization of this project.

We want immediate reverse of suspended students and lecturers that has been suspended or sacked as a result of their refusal to this unrealistic project.

OUR STAND

We won't hesitate to march out en-masse on streets and major roads in order to delay daily activities within the state.

We are ready to storm and stop economic activities within the state if the government persists in their approach to the fulfillment of this selfish project.

We are ready to play our roles as social actors of change and to ensure that we do every possible best in achieving our aims.

We are ready to prove to the whole world that we have valiant, gallant comrades and activists that can compel any actions taken by the government to enslave us.

We are ready to work with any organisation and support any individual that have the same ideas we share.

Education is a right not a privilege. It is our entitlement and what we must enjoy as a dividends of good governance. Aregbesola must understand that education is the only weapon that can change a society.

COM. AFOLABI SAHEED SEEDORF
DEPUTY COORDINATOR
NANS ZONE D

Rebroadcast!

(1) (Reply)

Ethics Of Life In School / Help!!! / Buy Your 2016 School Post-utme Questions And Answers Online.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.