Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,241 members, 7,829,441 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:00 AM

Man To Die By Hanging Over N14,570 Robbery - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man To Die By Hanging Over N14,570 Robbery (30261 Views)

21-Year-Old Man To Die By Hanging In Ekiti For Robbing Men Of Their Motorcycles / Kenyan Undergraduate Commits Suicide By Hanging Over A Lady, Shares Suicide Note / Hair Dresser In Lagos To Die By Hanging For Armed Robbery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man To Die By Hanging Over N14,570 Robbery by Nobody: 7:28am On Dec 04, 2015
Nd d murderers get bailed
Re: Man To Die By Hanging Over N14,570 Robbery by eluquenson(m): 7:28am On Dec 04, 2015
Why nah
Re: Man To Die By Hanging Over N14,570 Robbery by efilefun(m): 7:28am On Dec 04, 2015
sad
Re: Man To Die By Hanging Over N14,570 Robbery by SmartMugu: 7:28am On Dec 04, 2015
I think the judge is insane. What would he do to people like Dasuki, Tinubu etc?
Re: Man To Die By Hanging Over N14,570 Robbery by Burger01(m): 7:28am On Dec 04, 2015
Nonsense! Dasuki and his thieving cronies must be hanged if found guilt. Authority stealing pass armed robbery angry
Re: Man To Die By Hanging Over N14,570 Robbery by OnankpaBa(m): 7:31am On Dec 04, 2015
Burger01:
Nonsense! Dasuki and his thieving cronies must be hanged if found guilt. Authority stealing pass armed robbery angry

i dey tell you
Re: Man To Die By Hanging Over N14,570 Robbery by Nobody: 7:31am On Dec 04, 2015
x.x.x™
Re: Man To Die By Hanging Over N14,570 Robbery by hoseamatoh(m): 7:32am On Dec 04, 2015
Seriously ehn, with the billions people are stealing in this country, the court should be soooo busy not to have time for 14 thousand naira thief, Mtseeuw, make I go brush teeth commot go hussle abeg.
Re: Man To Die By Hanging Over N14,570 Robbery by Lanretoye(m): 7:32am On Dec 04, 2015
after him don dey detention since 2003... undecided
Re: Man To Die By Hanging Over N14,570 Robbery by ilyas26(m): 7:32am On Dec 04, 2015
The guy probably couldn't hire a lawyer

1 Like

Re: Man To Die By Hanging Over N14,570 Robbery by queenfav(f): 7:32am On Dec 04, 2015
The judge erred by not appointing a counsel for the accused.It is a capital offence for heaven's sake!The guy is very slow sef,maybe he is acting under a spell.What does he know about criminal defence.Abi e think say the the king of ikere palace court?First mistake was even confessing to anything.He just shot himself in the foot all the way.With a defence lawyer,he would have stood a better chance at a reduced sentence.I pity the guy sha,because na hungry thief.But again,the law applies the same way for someone armed with an a gun and one armed with a pocket knife.The amount of money robbed is irrelevant.
Re: Man To Die By Hanging Over N14,570 Robbery by PHATE007(f): 7:33am On Dec 04, 2015
Because of 14k? Dis isn't up to our minimum wage nd his life is going to b wasted just for dat?

Only God can save us... #may God help us see the light
Re: Man To Die By Hanging Over N14,570 Robbery by Aarenasbaba(m): 7:34am On Dec 04, 2015
This is ma world,i welcome you all,sit down and take a sitter, cold kunu dey for freezer
#singing in brymo voice
Re: Man To Die By Hanging Over N14,570 Robbery by Lincoln275(m): 7:34am On Dec 04, 2015
naija nothing we no go see and hear
Re: Man To Die By Hanging Over N14,570 Robbery by repogirl(f): 7:34am On Dec 04, 2015
amtaken:
You people are only worried about the little amount of money he stole forgetting that Armed Robbery attracts Capital Punishment under the Robbery and Fire Arms Law of the Federation, 2004.

He was armed, probably with a gun or any other deadly weapon therefore must be executed unless he's granted amnesty.
the law obviously needs review and amendment....I am no lawyer but I know other factors are involved..... Possession of a weapon and robbery is no enough for the death sentence. Death sentence is too brutal.... Life imprisonment might be better suitable.
Re: Man To Die By Hanging Over N14,570 Robbery by ybalogs(m): 7:34am On Dec 04, 2015
We no go gree. This judgement no go stands. E be like say craze dey the judge head abi
Re: Man To Die By Hanging Over N14,570 Robbery by Edifyer: 7:34am On Dec 04, 2015
This not a fair judgment.. his Hand should be amputated since he did not kill a soul to serve as a deterrent to others and he will not be able to rob again... I understand the wisdom behind Islamic Sharia

2 Likes

Re: Man To Die By Hanging Over N14,570 Robbery by Opetech(m): 7:35am On Dec 04, 2015
End Time Judgement
Re: Man To Die By Hanging Over N14,570 Robbery by Dinocarex(m): 7:36am On Dec 04, 2015
Lopsided judgement.... What happened to 20years imprisonment?

Did he kill during the attacks?

Our judiciary system is sick to the bone.
Re: Man To Die By Hanging Over N14,570 Robbery by neocortex: 7:36am On Dec 04, 2015
DONSMITH123:

my guy this is another injustice in Nigerian judiciary system. I don't understand this country called Nigeria and that might be the reason why some ethinc group wants to pull out from it. How on earth will a right thinking judge sentence a thief that stole that amount of money to death by hanging and sentence another person that stole 2.2 billion niara 74 days in prison with an option of paying 3 million naira fine.
A shameless country.

Even though the judgement appears distasteful,
it is however in line with our constitution.
Robbing with arms attract death sentence
no matter the amount involved.

A fraudster who fleeced people of billion of naira
is more innocent than an armed robber who made one
thousand naira.

Instead of crcifying the judge for doing his work,
it is better to call for constitutional amendment.

Though it is quite awkward to defend an armed robber.

2 Likes

Re: Man To Die By Hanging Over N14,570 Robbery by oglalasioux(m): 7:36am On Dec 04, 2015
And Dokpesi was granted bail for 2.1 billion.
Re: Man To Die By Hanging Over N14,570 Robbery by realGod(f): 7:36am On Dec 04, 2015
like seriously,did this happened?I can't just believe it, untop how much kwanu....God hop you are seeing and hearingoooo?
Re: Man To Die By Hanging Over N14,570 Robbery by Jabioro: 7:37am On Dec 04, 2015
All politicians who looted our treachery must also died by dividing 145750 naira,therefore they must died . abi wetin make a talk.
Re: Man To Die By Hanging Over N14,570 Robbery by Heineken(m): 7:37am On Dec 04, 2015
OnankpaBa:
If they no hang Dasuki and all other people involved in the arms deal, i swear God will send this Judge straight to Hell.
AMEN
Re: Man To Die By Hanging Over N14,570 Robbery by heywhyho(f): 7:37am On Dec 04, 2015
OnankpaBa:
Rubbish , when looters are walking freely in naija.

That Judge must be sick in brain.
Calm down armed robbery is death sentence even if you stole a biro that's the Nigeria Law.
Have you been robbed? The trauma can be there for life if you are not strong. And lead to a psychological disorder for you.
Re: Man To Die By Hanging Over N14,570 Robbery by amtaken(f): 7:38am On Dec 04, 2015
Do you know what fire arms are used for?

They are used in killing people, that is, taking the life of others.

Execution of armed robbers will always serve as a deterrent to would-be-armed robbers.

By the way why are you having sympathy for murderers?

#hmnnnnnnnn
repogirl:
the law obviously needs review and amendment....I am no lawyer but I know other factors are involved..... Possession of a weapon and robbery is no enough for the death sentence. Death sentence is too brutal.... Life imprisonment might be better suitable.

1 Like

Re: Man To Die By Hanging Over N14,570 Robbery by Ebenezerk2: 7:38am On Dec 04, 2015
People don't know the implications of being an armed robber, if he robbed without being armed, he might even be free
Re: Man To Die By Hanging Over N14,570 Robbery by Thollulope(m): 7:38am On Dec 04, 2015
Nigeria judges are high on osogbo weeds
politicians steal millions and yet their head remains on the neck
God bless Nigeria
Re: Man To Die By Hanging Over N14,570 Robbery by krimes: 7:42am On Dec 04, 2015
It doesn't matter how much. The sentence is not about what he stole but how he stole it. He used arms so he could easily have killed or maimed someone.

The law is clear. If you like steal only 10 naira but if you use arms to do it then your punishment is death.

1 Like

Re: Man To Die By Hanging Over N14,570 Robbery by XaintJoel20: 7:44am On Dec 04, 2015
"The convict confessed to have
joined a gang when he was in a prison". Since he has been there before and couldn't learn a lesson, there would be no need sending him back to prison. Let the law have it's cause. From the numerous comment above, its obvious most Nigerians do not know how Nigeria Criminal Justice worked. Armed robbery attracts death penalty...
RIP in advance...

2 Likes

Re: Man To Die By Hanging Over N14,570 Robbery by m1500: 7:44am On Dec 04, 2015
DONSMITH123:

My brother, imagine the amount involved and the sentence.

"pleaded guilty to the charge and also confessed to have been involved in series of robberies" ....

We ought not to look at the amount only; the criminal in question is dangerous and could rob a bank if the opportunity presents itself.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Bomb Factory Discovered In Edo State. Photos / Lady Cries Out Over Rental Company's Hidden Camera In The Bathroom / I Will Kill You & Nothing Will Happen - Soldier Threatens Driver On Kaduna Road

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.