Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,832 members, 7,820,915 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:34 AM

Man To Die By Hanging Over N14,570 Robbery - Crime (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man To Die By Hanging Over N14,570 Robbery (30237 Views)

21-Year-Old Man To Die By Hanging In Ekiti For Robbing Men Of Their Motorcycles / Kenyan Undergraduate Commits Suicide By Hanging Over A Lady, Shares Suicide Note / Hair Dresser In Lagos To Die By Hanging For Armed Robbery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man To Die By Hanging Over N14,570 Robbery by Spybradd: 10:26am On Dec 04, 2015
DONSMITH123:

My brother, imagine the amount involved and the sentence.
i may not support the death sentence,but the guy had a gun and he coulda blown someone's head off for that paltry dough..
Re: Man To Die By Hanging Over N14,570 Robbery by 400billionman: 10:26am On Dec 04, 2015
elampiro:

He committed the offense in 2003. They didn't say when he had been in prison.

Dont think he was caught this year..
Re: Man To Die By Hanging Over N14,570 Robbery by driand(m): 10:27am On Dec 04, 2015
LordMecuzy:
The law is made for only the poor
let's be mindful of what we say, this guy didn't steal he robbed, not just robbery, ARMED ROBBERY... He has been in prison b4 and instead of him seeing it as a lesson der, he joined a ROBBERY GANG, so i have no pity for him he deserves whatever judgment that's passed on him no matter how small the amount.

1 Like

Re: Man To Die By Hanging Over N14,570 Robbery by elampiro(m): 10:30am On Dec 04, 2015
400billionman:

Dont think he was caught this year..

It can't be this year. Cases last 2-5 years.

The report has so many gaps.
Re: Man To Die By Hanging Over N14,570 Robbery by elampiro(m): 10:31am On Dec 04, 2015
driand:
let's be mindful of what we say, this guy didn't steal he robbed, not just robbery, ARMED ROBBERY... He has been in prison b4 and instead of him seeing it as a lesson der, he joined a ROBBERY GANG, so i have no pity for him he deserves whatever judgment that's passed on him no matter how small the amount.

Exactly.
Re: Man To Die By Hanging Over N14,570 Robbery by depezee(m): 10:31am On Dec 04, 2015
I have always maintained that yourrobers are like Peter and Paul of the Psqaure department... Meanwhile what of the corrupt politicians who are stealing our money?
Re: Man To Die By Hanging Over N14,570 Robbery by elampiro(m): 10:33am On Dec 04, 2015
stagger:
The moment a robbery is committed with a firearm, even if the amount stolen is N20, it carries a death sentence. That is the law in Nigeria. Armed robbery is an offence punishable by death in Nigeria. That is how it is. So all these sentiments based on the amount stolen will not have any effect on the prescribed penalty for the offence. Once it is proven that the assailant carried a firearm, that is it.

Gbam!
Re: Man To Die By Hanging Over N14,570 Robbery by fiverrwin(f): 10:35am On Dec 04, 2015
nonsense
Re: Man To Die By Hanging Over N14,570 Robbery by niyi123: 10:36am On Dec 04, 2015
Why are lawyers the most confused and corrupt being on earth, if it is rich ones that commit an offence, they will not be found guilty but if is the poor they will. I can never sponsor any of my child to be a lawyer, but all other professions yes.
Re: Man To Die By Hanging Over N14,570 Robbery by funmiayodele(f): 10:39am On Dec 04, 2015
Like seriously. This is judgement indeed cry
Re: Man To Die By Hanging Over N14,570 Robbery by streetzdreamz(m): 10:40am On Dec 04, 2015
elampiro:

It's the law.

Carry arm and use it on another citizen in robbery is death sentence. No matter how hard the country is, it's the worst crime a youth can involve in. Why should anyone involve in such at all?
perfect,in Indonesia drug trafficking attracts a death penalty, irrespective of your gender,nationality, status,or believes,the law stands its grounds,that's a sane law!!!now if our law holds the same grounds for crimes,robbery,stealing,murder,rape,any crime whatsoever that poses a threat to human lives,attracts a death penalty,and this judgement is carried out irrespective of the age,status,tribe,nationality,gender and all other things,then it would be a just and sane law,our law in this country ain't a just law,as it condemns only its helpless,poor citizens a C.P once told me how this sh*ts works,a wealthy mans son commits murder and the case is brought forward to him,the next day he gets an alert or some land papers,the culprit goes free,thesame would have been the fate of this man,if he had some powerful means behind him,this ain't justice,the law is no respecter of anyone,but in this country the law respects the rich and that ain't just, an unjust law aint no law at all!!!
Re: Man To Die By Hanging Over N14,570 Robbery by Infinitikoncept(m): 10:40am On Dec 04, 2015
amtaken:
And what makes you think he or any of his gang members has never taken a life in the course of the series of robberies they were involved with?
As long as this write up is concerned none of such was said. Its a case of stealing. If he was a murderer then ni one will pity him on this thread
Re: Man To Die By Hanging Over N14,570 Robbery by Infinitikoncept(m): 10:42am On Dec 04, 2015
driand:
But if I steal trillions without gun no case. Lols at the animal farm
Re: Man To Die By Hanging Over N14,570 Robbery by elampiro(m): 10:47am On Dec 04, 2015
streetzdreamz:
perfect,in Indonesia drug trafficking attracts a death penalty, irrespective of your gender,nationality, status,or believes,the law stands its grounds,that's a sane law!!!now if our law holds the same grounds for crimes,robbery,stealing,murder,rape,any crime whatsoever that poses a threat to human lives,attracts a death penalty,and this judgement is carried out irrespective of the age,status,tribe,nationality,gender and all other things,then it would be a just and sane law,our law in this country ain't a just law,as it condemns only its helpless,poor citizens a C.P once told me how this sh*ts works,a wealthy mans son commits murder and the case is brought forward to him,the next day he gets an alert or some land papers,the culprit goes free,thesame would have been the fate of this man,if he had some powerful means behind him,this ain't justice,the law is no respecter of anyone,but in this country the law respects the rich and that ain't just, an unjust law aint no law at all!

This is no excuse to be involved in armed-robbery or support an armed-robber.

A robber can be killed on the spot by SARs squad or even mob action. It's always a dangerous crime.

Lastly, the magistrate is not concerned about cases killed at police station, he looks at cases brought to the his court and evidence submitted. The magistrate has a career to protect too. He also has to protect the society. Sometimes too, all the money in the world don't help at the police station. So why even commit?
Re: Man To Die By Hanging Over N14,570 Robbery by elampiro(m): 10:52am On Dec 04, 2015
Infinitikoncept:

As long as this write up is concerned none of such was said. Its a case of stealing. If he was a murderer then ni one will pity him on this thread

It's a case of armed-robbery which attracts death sentence once proven. Whether there was killing in the case or not. Every robber would claim they have never killed before if the operation they were caught didn't involve killing. So the law says whether you killed before, killed now or have never killed , once you put a gun on your fellow citizen to disposes him of his goods, it's death sentence.

On the other issue you raised, this robber confessed to joining a gang when he first went to prison. He's going to prison for the second time. He's hardened.
Re: Man To Die By Hanging Over N14,570 Robbery by mencer(m): 10:52am On Dec 04, 2015
Henrypraise:
Des kind of stewpididity is wat pple shud protest about.

Do you know what it means to rob with guns or weapons?

1 Like

Re: Man To Die By Hanging Over N14,570 Robbery by mickey45: 11:02am On Dec 04, 2015
DONSMITH123:

my guy this is another injustice in Nigerian judiciary system. I don't understand this country called Nigeria and that might be the reason why some ethinc group wants to pull out from it. How on earth will a right thinking judge sentence a thief that stole that amount of money to death by hanging and sentence another person that stole 2.2 billion niara 74 days in prison with an option of paying 3 million naira fine.
A shameless country.

He shd've gone to rob rich men, not further compound the poor's problem.
Imagine someone going to feed his family with 5k for the month getting dispossessed of that money, it's more wicked than stealing 500k from a wealthy politician.

By the way, the law's judgment for armed robbery is clear once guilt is established.

Attempts shd be made to define clear judgment on corruption's variants too.

Let us hope humanitarian orgs. Will be able to help him out, Getting sentenced 12years after arrest (taking it he was caught in the same 2003), is enough suffering already.
Re: Man To Die By Hanging Over N14,570 Robbery by streetzdreamz(m): 11:02am On Dec 04, 2015
elampiro:

This is no excuse to be involved in armed-robbery or support an armed-robber.

A robber can be killed on the spot by SARs squad or even mob action. It's always a dangerous crime.

Lastly, the magistrate is not concerned about cases killed at police station, he looks at cases brought to the his court and evidence submitted. The magistrate has a career to protect too. He also has to protect the society. Sometimes too, all the money in the world don't help at the police station. So why even commit?
seems you have comprehension issues,re read ma post and point out where I justified the culprits actions,am telling you about the injustice,and corruption in our judicial system and you talking another,since you can't comprehend me words,all am trying to say is that,the law should take its course in all ramifications,and no exceptions made for some sets of individuals irrespective of their position in the society,a poor man commits crime,a rich man commits the same crime,they should be given the same verdict,got it?plus is a death sentence the only verdict for robbers? if yes,why do we have robbers serving jail terms in the country?? if no why must this man be executed?? if you can't answer this simple questions,then stay off me mention.
Re: Man To Die By Hanging Over N14,570 Robbery by IamThrive(m): 11:05am On Dec 04, 2015
This is only when I judge the mental state of these law personnels. God help us
Re: Man To Die By Hanging Over N14,570 Robbery by internetpo(m): 11:12am On Dec 04, 2015
Rubbish shameless Judge.
You better reverse your decision.

When will other political looters be hanged?

#FreeTheEKitiRobber

Not in any way approving of the theivery by the accused though
Re: Man To Die By Hanging Over N14,570 Robbery by elampiro(m): 11:16am On Dec 04, 2015
streetzdreamz:
seems you have comprehension issues,re read ma post and point out where I justified the culprits actions,am telling you about the injustice,and corruption in our judicial system and you talking another,since you can't comprehend me words,all am trying to say is that,the law should take its course in all ramifications,and no exceptions made for some sets of individuals irrespective of their position in the society,a poor man commits crime,a rich man commits the same crime,they should be given the same verdict,got it?plus is a death sentence the only verdict for robbers? if yes,why do we have robbers serving jail terms in the country?? if no why must this man be executed?? if you can't answer this simple questions,then stay off me mention.

And you have chosen to resort to insult? What do you mean that I comprehension problem? Why not just try to clarify yourself?

Rich men too still go to jail. Poor too are also left off the hook at Police station. But what I am saying is that armed robbery should be condemned even if it's 1 kobo involved.

Have you been a victim of armed robbery before or someone you know?
Re: Man To Die By Hanging Over N14,570 Robbery by Allosaurus: 11:19am On Dec 04, 2015
If the judge's verdict is death by hanging then so be it. Nothing good comes out of the South West undecided

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2963092_pastortobemolestgirl_jpeg5f25481247bc2056d71dbfbfa2c76d23
Re: Man To Die By Hanging Over N14,570 Robbery by alaskido(m): 11:27am On Dec 04, 2015
Jesus Christ. A man steals less than N15K and he gets hanged? When you compare the offence to the crime I do not think hanging should be the price to pay.

Our politicians who steal billions of Naira, Dollars, Pound Sterlings are being celebrated. What kind of a country is this? Saraki and Dasuki who stole money are being quizzed by EFCC and DSS. Why not charge them to court immediately and hanged to serve as a deterrent to others.

This judge, your place is in hell if Saraki and Dasuki are not hanged.

1 Like

Re: Man To Die By Hanging Over N14,570 Robbery by Wizkoko(m): 11:46am On Dec 04, 2015
When others are dying for millions, someone is dying for less than 15,000. SMH. Thank God for hard work.

Re: Man To Die By Hanging Over N14,570 Robbery by sinator(m): 11:53am On Dec 04, 2015
D judge u sentenced dis shit...
Ur mother will hang too.. Cos she too must hv stolen money from ur father.
#bastard
Re: Man To Die By Hanging Over N14,570 Robbery by notmywill: 11:56am On Dec 04, 2015
amtaken:
I wish they could release that armed robber so that he will rob you and kill you with his weapon, that way you will understand that his execution sentence is not about the amount of money he was able to rob (no matter how little) but about the dangerous/offensive weapons he robbed with.

#smh for you people.

Read to understand. It's really easy.
I'm saying that the whole system needs to be overhauled. And that lawyers have a big role to play.
Most of these codes are colonial and do not reflect on modern day realities.

Again you don't have to wish evil on me to make a point. Try to be civil.
Re: Man To Die By Hanging Over N14,570 Robbery by Nobody: 12:09pm On Dec 04, 2015
SirSmithHarry:
Shameless judge, judges like you deserve to be sentence to death by hanging.

You are the shameless one here. Has the judge acted outside the requirements of the constitution? It's apparent you haven't had an appointment with armed robbers, and I pray you don't. The very act ofbarmed robbery itself means threatening the life of th victim if they refuse to part with their belongings. And this robber should have known better. Before the days of Shina Rambo, the penalty for armed robbery in Nigeria is death. There are even songs to this effect. Why are you acting like this is judge is being uncharacteristically wicked? Yes, he could have been more lenient but he wasn't, that's his prerogative.

Meanwhile, you should instead put your energy into advocating for the death penalty as well for the likes of Dasuki and his cohorts. They also deserve it.
Re: Man To Die By Hanging Over N14,570 Robbery by Nobody: 12:12pm On Dec 04, 2015
Infinitikoncept:

Ova, since the days of Shina Rambo in the 70s, the penalty for armed robbery has been death. Shut up with all these sentime
ts. Have you ever had a gun pointed at you by a robber who only wanted your shoes. Do you realise how many people die by armed robbery in Nigeria? If you have nothing to say abeg shut up.
Re: Man To Die By Hanging Over N14,570 Robbery by Nobody: 12:16pm On Dec 04, 2015
internetpo:
Rubbish shameless Judge.
You better reverse your decision.

When will other political looters be hanged?

#FreeTheEKitiRobber

Not in any way approving of the theivery by the accused though

#YouNeedPsychiatricHelp.

Not in any way insulting you though.
Re: Man To Die By Hanging Over N14,570 Robbery by SirSmithHarry(m): 12:18pm On Dec 04, 2015
Timbuktou:

You are the shameless one here. Has the judge acted outside the requirements of the constitution? It's apparent you haven't had an appointment with armed robbers, and I pray you don't. The very act ofbarmed robbery itself means threatening the life of th victim if they refuse to part with their belongings. And this robber should have known better. Before the days of Shina Rambo, the penalty for armed robbery in Nigeria is death. There are even songs to this effect. Why are you acting like this is judge is being uncharacteristically wicked? Yes, he could have been more lenient but he wasn't, that's his prerogative.

Meanwhile, you should instead put your energy into advocating for the death penalty as well for the likes of Dasuki and his cohorts. They also deserve it.

mind your self

Re: Man To Die By Hanging Over N14,570 Robbery by Nobody: 12:21pm On Dec 04, 2015
SirSmithHarry:

mind your self
Animal Control Services dey come. You better finish that beer quick.
Re: Man To Die By Hanging Over N14,570 Robbery by Yksoul(m): 12:21pm On Dec 04, 2015
WHY DO YOU TO HANG THIS POOR,JOBLESS GUY,WHEN THOSE THAT LOOTED BILLIONS ARE WALKING THE STREET UNHARMED.NIGERIA REPENT

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Dad Recounts How His 15-year-old Daughter Died From AIDS / Court Remands Student For Impregnating 16-year-old Girl / Man Cuts Off Wife's Ears During Domestic Violence (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.