Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,879 members, 7,817,590 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:07 PM

Okorocha's Statue, 'Effigy' Destroyed In Imo - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okorocha's Statue, 'Effigy' Destroyed In Imo (32438 Views)

Shi'ites Registered School Destroyed In Kaduna (Photos) / Olusola Oke Campaign Banner Destroyed In Ondo East / Bayelsa: Ballot Papers Destroyed In Gbarantoru, SILGA (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okorocha's Statue, 'Effigy' Destroyed In Imo by kechywillz(m): 5:45pm On Dec 04, 2015
But Imo ppl knew that this man is a Crook b4 electing him again
Re: Okorocha's Statue, 'Effigy' Destroyed In Imo by Afam4eva(m): 5:48pm On Dec 04, 2015
Rochas narowlly escaped being defeated at the last polls. I think the fact that he was an incumbent helped him a great deal. The sentiments of the Imo people are those of utter disgust at the way Rochas has governed them. I was in a bus with some natives of the oil producing communities of Ohaji/Egbema and Oguta and they were really livid. They almost descended on a man that tried to defend Rochas. He may not the worst governor that Imo has produced and I think he did better than the two previous governors in my opinion (Some Imo peeps will disagree). But he did not live up to the hype.

3 Likes

Re: Okorocha's Statue, 'Effigy' Destroyed In Imo by SeverusSnape(m): 5:50pm On Dec 04, 2015
"The people who destroyed the effigy are all wailers!!!... Ndi Ara!!!" - Beremx

"PDP touts at work, Go on my able governor" - Abagworo

^^^ Nice one paid sycophants.

3 Likes

Re: Okorocha's Statue, 'Effigy' Destroyed In Imo by kings49(m): 5:51pm On Dec 04, 2015
Imo is at the hand of one chance man, may God save us.
Re: Okorocha's Statue, 'Effigy' Destroyed In Imo by kenny1313(m): 5:53pm On Dec 04, 2015
sandrajazmin:
If u have ever toured imo state,
U'l knw its worth destroying!
Virtually Every roundabout in imo state
Has 1 statue!
My dad 1nc asked me if he worships tHem?
I jejely told him nnam, if u ask me,
Na who i go ask?
He sould jst pay up his workers pls
Or beta stil fix ph/owerri road
Cos that road is a big mess. Ewww!
PH - owerri road is a federal road. Rochas is good but his pple hates him for an APC member dazzall.
Re: Okorocha's Statue, 'Effigy' Destroyed In Imo by OdenigboAroli(m): 5:54pm On Dec 04, 2015
Afam4eva:
Rochas narowlly escaped being defeated atvtge last polls. I think the fact that he was an incumbent helped him a great deal. The sentiments of the Imo people are those of utter disgust at the way Rochas has governed them. I was in a bus with some natives of the oil producing communities of Ohaji/Egbema and Oguta and they were really livid. They almost descended on a man that tried to defend Rochas.

Rochas didn't understand how governance works. He came in with a philanthropist mindset and failed to plan how to manage and sustain development. This is his weakness. There is no doubt he has a good heart but he lacks administrative acumen.

1 Like

Re: Okorocha's Statue, 'Effigy' Destroyed In Imo by Afam4eva(m): 5:57pm On Dec 04, 2015
OdenigboAroli:

Rochas didn't understand how governance works. He came in with a philanthropist mindset and failed to plan how to manage and sustain development. This is his weakness. There is no doubt he has a good heart but he lacks administrative acumen.
My thoughts exactly. I think we need technocrats in the mold of Sanusi and Soludo as opposed to the likes of Rochas.
Re: Okorocha's Statue, 'Effigy' Destroyed In Imo by codereloader: 5:58pm On Dec 04, 2015
hmm
Re: Okorocha's Statue, 'Effigy' Destroyed In Imo by brownsug(f): 6:01pm On Dec 04, 2015
Shigidi wooden image

Afam4eva:
What is effigy? I assume they're talking about a statue or something like that.
Re: Okorocha's Statue, 'Effigy' Destroyed In Imo by Vicboi1(m): 6:07pm On Dec 04, 2015
At this rate Rochas would die a painful death they should be fast and kill that bastard and spit on him

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okorocha's Statue, 'Effigy' Destroyed In Imo by franklingud(m): 6:15pm On Dec 04, 2015
Great news.
Re: Okorocha's Statue, 'Effigy' Destroyed In Imo by Goldeye: 6:16pm On Dec 04, 2015
Rochas only believes in acquisition of properties. No local government since inception. No cabinet since his second term.

1 Like

Re: Okorocha's Statue, 'Effigy' Destroyed In Imo by Abagworo(m): 6:24pm On Dec 04, 2015
Another stupid lie by Vanguard. I think its high time Okorocha take them up once and for all. This beautiful roundabout with a horse rider suddenly turned to a statue of Okorocha.

Re: Okorocha's Statue, 'Effigy' Destroyed In Imo by Tobium1(m): 6:26pm On Dec 04, 2015
No pictures to make me believe, I therefore proclaim dis as an end time post #gbam!!
Re: Okorocha's Statue, 'Effigy' Destroyed In Imo by manny4life(m): 6:27pm On Dec 04, 2015
I thought this is the same governor that is loved by the people? The irony of life..
Re: Okorocha's Statue, 'Effigy' Destroyed In Imo by OdenigboAroli(m): 6:28pm On Dec 04, 2015
Afam4eva:

My thoughts exactly. I think we need technocrats in the mold of Sanusi and Soludo as opposed to the likes of Rochas.

Thought Abia would get it right and elect Otti but it seems clannish interest takes precedence over competence in our society.

1 Like

Re: Okorocha's Statue, 'Effigy' Destroyed In Imo by Nobody: 6:33pm On Dec 04, 2015
OdenigboAroli:

Thought Abia would get it right and elect Otti but it seems clannish interest takes precedence over competence in our society.

Please keep ur sentiments for Imo.
Re: Okorocha's Statue, 'Effigy' Destroyed In Imo by Abagworo(m): 6:33pm On Dec 04, 2015
OdenigboAroli:

Wrong assertion. Rochas Okorocha is good but incurred the wrath of Imo gidfathers by engaging on masses oriented governance. 99% of the news being peddled against him are outright lies and there was serious propaganda war waged against him by PDP and APGA since 2013 with the aim of removing him for working against Jonathan. He won the last election by a very wide margin capturing all LGAs but 3 Mbaise and Ngor Okpala.

If anyone is in doubt I can list his true achievements which include ending the career of former PDP heavy weights.
Re: Okorocha's Statue, 'Effigy' Destroyed In Imo by funkyibodude(m): 6:34pm On Dec 04, 2015
kenny1313:

PH - owerri road is a federal road. Rochas is good but his pple hates him for an APC member dazzall.
guy shut it? Nobody in Imo state cares about his party, he's hated because he's a deceit and a crook. His policies are just useless, if he's performing well many imolites will speak good about him. Only time will reveal the truth

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okorocha's Statue, 'Effigy' Destroyed In Imo by Abagworo(m): 6:36pm On Dec 04, 2015
I am sure those rejoicing at the destruction of the roundabout will rejoice at destruction of every government property built by Okorocha. At the end it is Imo State money wasted to rebuild the destroyed properties.
Re: Okorocha's Statue, 'Effigy' Destroyed In Imo by LadyExcellency: 6:42pm On Dec 04, 2015
OdenigboAroli:

What kind of misguided comment is this?

Please respect yourself
Re: Okorocha's Statue, 'Effigy' Destroyed In Imo by Nobody: 6:48pm On Dec 04, 2015
d prodigal son
Re: Okorocha's Statue, 'Effigy' Destroyed In Imo by Charly68: 6:53pm On Dec 04, 2015
So the Imolites are already tired of Okorocha drama..they should learn to cope for the next three & half years . The man seems to be insensitive and care less about his people these days.. Only God know how men behave .

1 Like

Re: Okorocha's Statue, 'Effigy' Destroyed In Imo by Themandator: 7:00pm On Dec 04, 2015
Okorocha is not suited for leadership and I stated this when he got elected the first time... He is better off under somebody's supervision.

1 Like

Re: Okorocha's Statue, 'Effigy' Destroyed In Imo by Themandator: 7:03pm On Dec 04, 2015
Abagworo:

Wrong assertion. Rochas Okorocha is good but incurred the wrath of Imo gidfathers by engaging on masses oriented governance. 99% of the news being peddled against him are outright lies and there was serious propaganda war waged against him by PDP and APGA since 2013 with the aim of removing him for working against Jonathan. He won the last election by a very wide margin capturing all LGAs but 3 Mbaise and Ngor Okpala.

If anyone is in doubt I can list his true achievements which include ending the career of former PDP heavy weights.

So the protest is engineered by APGA and PDP and not because they have not been paid?

3 Likes

Re: Okorocha's Statue, 'Effigy' Destroyed In Imo by cococandy(f): 7:17pm On Dec 04, 2015
They should kill him. undecided
Re: Okorocha's Statue, 'Effigy' Destroyed In Imo by kenny1313(m): 7:37pm On Dec 04, 2015
funkyibodude:
guy shut it? Nobody in Imo state cares about his party, he's hated because he's a deceit and a crook. His policies are just useless, if he's performing well many imolites will speak good about him. Only time will reveal the truth
And hhe was re elected? he has the biggest foundation in west Africa. and for your info am from Imo state and I base owerri. #Rochas we know.
Re: Okorocha's Statue, 'Effigy' Destroyed In Imo by Okeycima: 7:38pm On Dec 04, 2015
What did they expect wen they voted him into the seat,from his first tenure i know the man is a fraud....and i use this medium to also tell people that have the mindset of if politician don't perform we vote them out,that this is nigeria....THE BIGGEST FOOL IS NOT THE UNEDUCATED FOOL BUT THE EDUCATED ONE.

1 Like

Re: Okorocha's Statue, 'Effigy' Destroyed In Imo by Nobody: 7:53pm On Dec 04, 2015
Beremx what will ur mods do

As if u have not curse and wish harm to other nairalanders

Am not afraid of anybody, will alway stand by the truth,

As for ur mallam okorocha, I sorry for u and him

Nonsense undecided
Re: Okorocha's Statue, 'Effigy' Destroyed In Imo by ihedioramma: 8:10pm On Dec 04, 2015
SAY what ever you like the man is best for IMO STATE NOW.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Jonathan's Trekker Oladele In Otuoke As Election Observer(pic) / Rotimi Amaechi Submitting Himself To Security Checks By Arik Air - Photos / New Minimum Wage: Oshiomhole Breaks Silence On Governors’ Refusal To Workers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.