Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,641 members, 7,851,151 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 02:17 PM

Top Ten Most Influential Africans 2009 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Top Ten Most Influential Africans 2009 (1443 Views)

We Will Arrest More Influential Nigerians In The Coming Weeks — EFCC Chairman / Dangote Listed Among World’s 50 Most Influential Persons / Saraki tells 3 Ex-Presidents, Influential Nigerians To Come To His Rescue-Nation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top Ten Most Influential Africans 2009 by blazingtw: 2:54pm On May 30, 2009
TOP TEN MOST INFLUENTIAL AFRICANS 2009, this website list http://www.entertainmentdock..com/TOP TEN MOST INFLUENTIAL AFRICANS 2009

1. Obama

2. Mandela

3. Aliaune Thiam( Akon)

4. Jacob Gedleyihlekisa Zuma- President of South Africa

5. Tidjane Thiam

6. Sheikh Mohammed Hussein Ali Al Amoudi

7. Aliko Dangote

8. Femi Otedola

9.Raila Odinga and Morgan Tsvangirai

10. Kofi Annan
Re: Top Ten Most Influential Africans 2009 by AjaraEwuro: 2:38am On May 31, 2009
influential in what area? you wish!
Re: Top Ten Most Influential Africans 2009 by Sammy107d(m): 4:33am On May 31, 2009
load of crap. Akon?
Re: Top Ten Most Influential Africans 2009 by blazingtw: 9:46am On May 31, 2009
Read the article on the blog. It’s all official, Akon is the man doing the music for the Soccer World Cup 2010, First African to sing with Micheal jackson. He has signed artist from all over the world, faze from nigeria, sway from the UK, lady Gaga from the US. ETC.
Re: Top Ten Most Influential Africans 2009 by mjo: 9:54am On May 31, 2009
What do you mean by Akon not being influential?! If Akon and Otedola were to go to a village in China who will affect decision making?! I don't agree with Otedola being on the list but Akon deserves it.
Re: Top Ten Most Influential Africans 2009 by Jarus(m): 10:18am On May 31, 2009
I want to believe the list is not in any order, otherwise Kofi Anan should come only behind Obama and Mandela. The honour he got @ English FA final is enough to show how influential he is in 2009.

I disagree with Aliko and Dangote being there.
Re: Top Ten Most Influential Africans 2009 by Nobody: 11:57am On May 31, 2009
Where is "Daddy"?
Re: Top Ten Most Influential Africans 2009 by Epiphany(m): 3:05pm On May 31, 2009
Jarus:

I want to believe the list is not in any order, otherwise Kofi Anan should come only behind Obama and Mandela. The honour he got @ English FA final is enough to show how influential he is in 2009.

I guess Aliko and Femi are there because for the first time in History, Nigerians are ranked among the top richest people in the world. Their influence may be in the sphere of international business
Re: Top Ten Most Influential Africans 2009 by blazingtw: 10:11pm On May 31, 2009
I agree with you, the amount of employee each employ also helps the economy.
Re: Top Ten Most Influential Africans 2009 by MaiSuya(m): 10:47pm On May 31, 2009
Who be Akon?
Re: Top Ten Most Influential Africans 2009 by blazingtw: 3:24pm On Jun 02, 2009
I know this will be a suprise for everybody, but this guy has really put africa on the map. The american and europeans don't see him as african but international artist. http://entertainmentdock..com/2009/06/top-ten-african-countries-to-live-in_01.html
Re: Top Ten Most Influential Africans 2009 by blazingtw: 11:27am On Jun 03, 2009
Do any body have any names to go on the list
Re: Top Ten Most Influential Africans 2009 by Meldrick(m): 12:13pm On Jun 03, 2009
mjo:

What do you mean by Akon not being influential?! If Akon and Otedola were to go to a village in China who will affect decision making?

GOOD QUESTION

Jarus:

hmmm!!!! but does this name belong to two different individuals?
Re: Top Ten Most Influential Africans 2009 by Epiphany(m): 12:25pm On Jun 03, 2009
mjo:

What do you mean by Akon not being influential?! If Akon and Otedola were to go to a village in China who will affect decision making?! I don't agree with Otedola being on the list but Akon deserves it.

I want to understand a bit more, what you mean by this statement. Are you talking of 'youth' influence or 'high level' government or national influence and interest? If both Otedola and Akon appear before the president or prime minister of China, they will THROW AKON OUT OF THE MEETING. What does he (a musical gangster) have to offer, other than the pleasure of entertainment? The best he can probably do is to gather a group of like minded artistes to donate some money towards some plausible cause. Otedola is a billionaire and an entrepreneur. He is a business man who can open the doors for the chinese in Nigeria and probably in Africa. He can partner with them in shipping, oil trading, construction etc,

I am not saying that Akon is not influential. All i am saying is that there are levels and spheres of influence. Villagers in china will probably recognize Akon for SHORT TERM material benefits because but for longer term and more constructive ventures, the governments in China (who will probably understand the intricacies of business more) will favour Otedola.
Re: Top Ten Most Influential Africans 2009 by MrCrackles(m): 12:39pm On Jun 03, 2009
blazingtw:

TOP TEN MOST INFLUENTIAL AFRICANS 2009, this website list http://www.entertainmentdock..com/TOP TEN MOST INFLUENTIAL AFRICANS 2009
3. Aliaune Thiam( Akon)
4. Jacob Gedleyihlekisa Zuma- President of South Africa
7. Aliko Dangote

I dont agree with the names above, as INFLUENTIAL IN AFRICA! undecided
Re: Top Ten Most Influential Africans 2009 by blazingtw: 3:01pm On Jun 03, 2009
Well musician are also businessmen, they employ lots of people and this contribute to any economy in the world. As for Akon he his internationally known in comparision to the local musicians in Nigeria. He potrays himself as a gangster to be recognised in the US, he has various side-projects include a clothing line, a planned reality show and a diamond supply company.
Re: Top Ten Most Influential Africans 2009 by mjo: 12:52pm On Jun 04, 2009
I hope this has answered your questions.
Re: Top Ten Most Influential Africans 2009 by MrCrackles(m): 1:24pm On Jun 04, 2009
mjo:

I hope this has answered your questions.

What question?

Who asked a question?!
Re: Top Ten Most Influential Africans 2009 by jaybee3(m): 1:32pm On Jun 04, 2009
blazingtw:

1. Obama = Why is africa trying to claim him now?

2. Mandela = What did he do in 2009?

3. Aliaune Thiam( Akon) = Maybe but then again how does his actions influence the life of africans?

4. Jacob Gedleyihlekisa Zuma- President of South Africa = By winning a one sided election?

5. Tidjane Thiam = who is he? the first black ceo to head a ftse 100 company. dude hasn't even started but yet y'all name him as influential. how is this influential to africans?

6. Sheikh Mohammed Hussein Ali Al Amoudi= who is he?

7. Aliko Dangote = What has he done to be influential? isn't he the same dude accused of manipulating the stock market?

8. Femi Otedola = Another questionable entry

9.Raila Odinga and Morgan Tsvangirai = A worthwhile entry. Democracy at it's best

10. Kofi Annan = Respected man worldwide and leader on peace talks across africa.
Re: Top Ten Most Influential Africans 2009 by philip0906(m): 2:31pm On Jun 04, 2009
@Mai Suya
Who be Akon?
Una no dey get Silverbird abi M.T.V for north?
C question!bi u dey vex say ur broda Yar 'A(i no even sabi spell hin name )no dey list?
Re: Top Ten Most Influential Africans 2009 by blazingtw: 10:32pm On Jun 04, 2009
Thanks philip that so true. This guys really do have influence in Africa

http://www.entertainmentdock..com/
Re: Top Ten Most Influential Africans 2009 by blazingtw: 10:57am On Jun 08, 2009
Jay bee. Since you know so much on number 5 why don't you further your research on him and get back to me.

5. Tidjane Thiam = who is he? the first black ceo to head a ftse 100 company. dude hasn't even started but yet y'all name him as influential. how is this influential to africans?

1. Obama = Why is africa trying to claim him now? We are proud to be assiociated with him.

2. Mandela = What did he do in 2009? Read further on south africa. Please you really need to educate yourself.

3. Aliaune Thiam( Akon) = Maybe but then again how does his actions influence the life of africans?

4. Jacob Gedleyihlekisa Zuma- President of South Africa = By winning a one sided election? No by changing a regime in Africa.

6. Sheikh Mohammed Hussein Ali Al Amoudi= who is he? Do your research.

7. Aliko Dangote = What has he done to be influential? isn't he the same dude accused of manipulating the stock market? Have you checked how many staff he employes

8. Femi Otedola = Another questionable entry. You need to do some reading before answering.

9.Raila Odinga and Morgan Tsvangirai = A worthwhile entry. Democracy at it's best

10. Kofi Annan = Respected man worldwide and leader on peace talks across africa.
Re: Top Ten Most Influential Africans 2009 by JJYOU: 11:04am On Jun 08, 2009
rubbish. where is mama carol the igi and akara seller on that list?
Re: Top Ten Most Influential Africans 2009 by blazingtw: 11:21am On Jun 08, 2009
lol.
Re: Top Ten Most Influential Africans 2009 by Nezan(m): 12:06pm On Jun 08, 2009
dem don thief de selection? why OBJ no dey there? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Top Ten Most Influential Africans 2009 by blazingtw: 12:46pm On Jun 08, 2009
OBJ coming soon to nairaland grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Top Ten Most Influential Africans 2009 by blazingtw: 9:26am On Jun 09, 2009
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin shocked, obj

(1) (Reply)

An Ounce Of Truth In Becomerich's Words Afterall? / Prof Dora Akunyili For Anambra State Governor Come 2014 / Arrrested And Detained For 4 Hours For Trying To Take Poll Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.