Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,578 members, 7,958,787 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 12:33 AM

Samsung Agrees It Copied The iPhone Design, To Pay $548 Million Fine - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Samsung Agrees It Copied The iPhone Design, To Pay $548 Million Fine (548 Views)

Samsung To Pay $533 Million To Apple After “blatantly Copying” Iphone Design / Check Out 20 Android Smartphones That Copied The Iphone X / Lol. Nokia China Phones Now Having Iphone Design (see Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Samsung Agrees It Copied The iPhone Design, To Pay $548 Million Fine by TechRez(m): 7:07am On Dec 05, 2015
In 2012, Apple got the better of Samsung when a jury found the South Korean company guilty of deliberately violating multiple patent rights of Apple. Samsung was subsequently asked to pay a total $1.5 billion to Apple.

However, in another judgment in March of 2012, Judge Lucy Koh reduced the figure by $450 million, concluding that the first jury may have miscalculated the damages as a result of a misunderstanding of the patent issues.

The reduced fine was subsequently split into two parts – $548 million for the technology patents Apple says it copied and $382 million for reportedly copying packaging as well.

“I Will Spend My Last Dying Breath If I Need To, And I Will Spend Every Penny Of Apple’s $40 Billion In The Bank, To Right This Wrong. I’m Going To Destroy Android, Because It’s A Stolen Product. I’m Willing To Go To Thermonuclear War On This.” Apple Steve Jobs QUOTED IN HIS BIOGRAPHY By Walter Isaacson.

http://www.techrez.com/samsung-agrees-to-pay-apple-548-million-for-copying-its-iphone-designs/
Re: Samsung Agrees It Copied The iPhone Design, To Pay $548 Million Fine by Nobody: 7:11am On Dec 05, 2015
WHEN MTN DEY PAY 3B$. MTN RIP
Re: Samsung Agrees It Copied The iPhone Design, To Pay $548 Million Fine by xpac01(m): 7:11am On Dec 05, 2015
They also copied my laptop design. Please they should come and pay fine. Please am begging, even if it is N1m am ok.
Re: Samsung Agrees It Copied The iPhone Design, To Pay $548 Million Fine by Nobody: 7:16am On Dec 05, 2015
Please how did they steal it? with gun? Lol. Copy goat!
Re: Samsung Agrees It Copied The iPhone Design, To Pay $548 Million Fine by TechRez(m): 7:20am On Dec 05, 2015
I think the fine is on-point.

Though Steve Jobs didn't live to see it.

HTC should take note..

(1) (Reply)

With The New Snapchat Update It’s Now A Lot Easier To Find And Add Friends / How To Convert Android Phones To Ios Platforms / How Much Should I Budget To Swap My Lumia 820 With Lumia 730. (UK Used)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.