Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,975 members, 7,821,411 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:36 PM

Why The Talk Of A Second Civil War Whenever The Biafra Agitation Comes Up - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why The Talk Of A Second Civil War Whenever The Biafra Agitation Comes Up (1635 Views)

I Laughs When People Talk About Finishing Ipob In Second Civil War / CNN Breaking News:Tension in South East over Biafra agitation. / Rotimi Amaechi - The Talk Of The Town, See His Dressing To The US (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why The Talk Of A Second Civil War Whenever The Biafra Agitation Comes Up by ebamma(m): 12:45pm On Dec 05, 2015
Ever since the coming of Nnamdi Kanu with his Radio Biafra and renewed calls for seccession,
There have been so many commentators and journalists, writing articles labelling such calls as an act that can ignite a second civil war and calling those who support Biafra, as kids who weren't born to see what happened in 1967.
Today it was Dele Momodu, preaching about why another second civil war should be avoided and why 'one Nigeria is the best thing that ever happened to mankind'.
I'm just fed up with this 'scare tactics journalism',
Seccession and Civil war are two different things,
In the act of seccession, a war is always like the last resort, nobody wants a war, i bet even the Nigerian Army is in no position to fight two wars at the same time.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why The Talk Of A Second Civil War Whenever The Biafra Agitation Comes Up by ebamma(m): 12:46pm On Dec 05, 2015
Another argument the always bring forth is that only the poor ,jobless youths, okada riders and frustrated individuals support calls for secession,
Is this even an argument?,
Pro Biafra groups don't claim that everyone from the East support the agitation, and we all know that there will always be those who don't support the agitation,
A referendum like what was done in Scotland, will help us decide whether the Majority wants seccession or One Nigeria.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why The Talk Of A Second Civil War Whenever The Biafra Agitation Comes Up by ebamma(m): 1:00pm On Dec 05, 2015
The third argument is that even if Biafra is allowed seccession in peace, in a few years, it will become like South Sudan, with civil war and strive every now and then,
And my answer to them, is that even America, went through civil war and strive every now and then after it independence,
It always takes time, for every new country to put it house in order.
We all know that there are a particular set of people who have benefited so much from this phantom unity, that even everyone is ready to let Biafra secede in peace, they won't.

3 Likes

Re: Why The Talk Of A Second Civil War Whenever The Biafra Agitation Comes Up by guyXander(m): 1:32pm On Dec 05, 2015
Ishilove, obinoscopy, seun, lalasticlala
Re: Why The Talk Of A Second Civil War Whenever The Biafra Agitation Comes Up by cleatoris: 1:37pm On Dec 05, 2015
It's because Biafra agitators are doing nothing other than incite ethnic hatred and violence. They're beating the drums of war.

2 Likes

Re: Why The Talk Of A Second Civil War Whenever The Biafra Agitation Comes Up by Nobody: 2:02pm On Dec 05, 2015
cleatoris:
It's because Biafra agitators are doing nothing other than incite ethnic hatred and violence. They're beating the drums of war.

If people start engaging you now, you will start reporting their comments.
Now you want to start tribal bashing knowing fully well that some Nairalanders won't like your comment.
.you just a tribalitic bigot.

5 Likes

Re: Why The Talk Of A Second Civil War Whenever The Biafra Agitation Comes Up by cleatoris: 2:08pm On Dec 05, 2015
YoundDoctor:

If people start engaging you now, you will start reporting their comments.
Now you want to start tribal bashing knowing fully well that some Nairalanders won't like your comment.
.you just a tribalitic bigot.

Truth hurts, right? tongue

2 Likes

Re: Why The Talk Of A Second Civil War Whenever The Biafra Agitation Comes Up by Nobody: 2:10pm On Dec 05, 2015
Commenting on the topic...

That's also the question I ask myself...
Why do this emergency friends of peace trying to threaten the youth with not experiencing civil war,and if they do they won't be talking about it.

What gibberish..
They will go to the extent of linking self determination to war that is to show how backwards we are even in a democratic settings.
Secession is not all about war. As war should be taking in as the last resort if other options like referendum or agreement is not ensured.

In the heat of this agitation which is delicate at present I expect concerned citizens of Nigeria, people of honor and dignity that appreciate man kind..
To push for referendum for south eastern region.
Or better still as their right should let them restore their own country.

BC as it is now I can see two countries in one country playing hostility to each other and two captains can't be in the same ship.
They are only pulling the two countries down until justice prevails and both countries go their separate ways.

Only then.

5 Likes

Re: Why The Talk Of A Second Civil War Whenever The Biafra Agitation Comes Up by Nossa(m): 2:58pm On Dec 05, 2015
cleatoris:

your choice of moniker says it all, sex starved cone head

3 Likes

Re: Why The Talk Of A Second Civil War Whenever The Biafra Agitation Comes Up by Herald47: 3:00pm On Dec 05, 2015
They accussed nnamdi kanu of inciting hate speech but they failed to condemn that of buhari and ahmadu bello.
Re: Why The Talk Of A Second Civil War Whenever The Biafra Agitation Comes Up by Nobody: 3:04pm On Dec 05, 2015
They see us as a conquered people and our lands as bounties.

They are scared of our freed because it spells doom to their merchandise of evil.

1 Like

Re: Why The Talk Of A Second Civil War Whenever The Biafra Agitation Comes Up by Nobody: 3:15pm On Dec 05, 2015
cleatoris:

So why not allow the fraudsters go their way? Why must you resort to war to keep thieves, fraudsters, drug pushers, ritualists, kidnappers, fake product sellers, etc in your house.

So you will go to war to keep bad people?

4 Likes

Re: Why The Talk Of A Second Civil War Whenever The Biafra Agitation Comes Up by Nobody: 3:16pm On Dec 05, 2015
Herald47:
They accussed nnamdi kanu of inciting hate speech but they failed to condemn that of buhari and ahmadu bello.

Their masters?
Re: Why The Talk Of A Second Civil War Whenever The Biafra Agitation Comes Up by Jimdonnet(m): 3:18pm On Dec 05, 2015
Please take biafra away.am full blooded ibo guy from nnewi north.ibos don't want another war

1 Like

Re: Why The Talk Of A Second Civil War Whenever The Biafra Agitation Comes Up by Nobody: 3:20pm On Dec 05, 2015
cleatoris:

Can you hear yourself?

So their agitation to leave Nigeria is "beating drums of war"?

At least they will need visa to go to Lagos and with that you can refulate their number, don't you think so?

1 Like

Re: Why The Talk Of A Second Civil War Whenever The Biafra Agitation Comes Up by Nobody: 3:21pm On Dec 05, 2015
Jimdonnet:
Please take biafra away.am full blooded ibo guy from nnewi north.ibos don't want another war

So the nigerian state is ok for you?
Re: Why The Talk Of A Second Civil War Whenever The Biafra Agitation Comes Up by Jimdonnet(m): 3:32pm On Dec 05, 2015
jusRadical:

So the nigerian state is ok for you?

No
Re: Why The Talk Of A Second Civil War Whenever The Biafra Agitation Comes Up by cokoduck: 3:40pm On Dec 05, 2015
It isonly in this zoo that the territory is more important than the people that make up that country. If this is not fraud, then what us it.
Re: Why The Talk Of A Second Civil War Whenever The Biafra Agitation Comes Up by LoveMachine(m): 3:44pm On Dec 05, 2015
The man went to the Igbo World Congress and solicited weapons. He's said he has men being trained in Ala Igbo as special forces. He's spoken of other war zones looking like paradise in comparison to what will be unleashed if Biafra is not established. He said there are engineers working on bombs to take the fight to the "zoo." So yeah he's more than invoked the images of civil war and stoked the embers of hate. The war talk is a byproduct if the radio broadcasts not a knee jerk reaction of people scared of secession of the SE.

He continues to double speak. One day it's referendum. The next it is war. To say "Biafra or Death" is a blatant war chant. Let's not paint it as anything else.

1 Like

Re: Why The Talk Of A Second Civil War Whenever The Biafra Agitation Comes Up by trapQ: 3:49pm On Dec 05, 2015
your Nnamdi KANU is calling for war. Didn't you hear him soliciting for weapons and saying that he will use those weapons to fight and kill the Hausa/Fulani/Yoruba's??

1 Like

Re: Why The Talk Of A Second Civil War Whenever The Biafra Agitation Comes Up by Dhugal: 4:15pm On Dec 05, 2015
Jimdonnet:
What town in "nnewi north" are you from?
Re: Why The Talk Of A Second Civil War Whenever The Biafra Agitation Comes Up by agora4now: 7:15pm On Dec 05, 2015
The Igbo people have every right to self determination. Those who always talk about war and loss of properties are those filled with evil intentions.
Great Britain did not threaten Scotland with war, they all held discussions on the pros and cons of leaving Britain and held a referendum.
This was what I wrote and it was blocked, please tell me what is wrong with this statement?

1 Like

Re: Why The Talk Of A Second Civil War Whenever The Biafra Agitation Comes Up by Jimdonnet(m): 8:30am On Dec 06, 2015
Dhugal:

What town in "nnewi north" are you from?

Ukpor
Re: Why The Talk Of A Second Civil War Whenever The Biafra Agitation Comes Up by DelticStephEn(f): 8:38am On Dec 06, 2015
Becos Nigerians believe it is d best way to intimidate Biafrans
ebamma:
Ever since the coming of Nnamdi Kanu with his Radio Biafra and renewed calls for seccession,
There have been so many commentators and journalists, writing articles labelling such calls as an act that can ignite a second civil war and calling those who support Biafra, as kids who weren't born to see what happened in 1967.
Today it was Dele Momodu, preaching about why another second civil war should be avoided and why 'one Nigeria is the best thing that ever happened to mankind'.
I'm just fed up with this 'scare tactics journalism',
Seccession and Civil war are two different things,
In the act of seccession, a war is always like the last resort, nobody wants a war, i bet even the Nigerian Army is in no position to fight two wars at the same time.
Re: Why The Talk Of A Second Civil War Whenever The Biafra Agitation Comes Up by OAFMods: 8:41am On Dec 06, 2015
agora4now:

This was what I wrote and it was blocked, please tell me what is wrong with this statement?

You have no idea what you just quoted, go back in history and dig out how many wars the British and Scotland fought till date. You can then adjust your quote n don't forget to thank me later.
Re: Why The Talk Of A Second Civil War Whenever The Biafra Agitation Comes Up by cokoduck: 8:42am On Dec 06, 2015
Jimdonnet:

Ukpor
I am from osumenyi and mom is from Ihiala so I am omambala 100% and Biafran all through
Re: Why The Talk Of A Second Civil War Whenever The Biafra Agitation Comes Up by Dhugal: 11:03am On Dec 06, 2015
Jimdonnet:

Ukpor
You see your life in HD?.Ukpor is not Nnewi North,Nnewi North is composed solely of Nnewi town.
Try again
Re: Why The Talk Of A Second Civil War Whenever The Biafra Agitation Comes Up by Dhugal: 11:09am On Dec 06, 2015
OAFMods:

You have no idea what you just quoted, go back in history and dig out how many wars the British and Scotland fought till date. You can then adjust your quote n don't forget to thank me later.
The English and Scots fought wars,but all that were before the union of crowns under James VI of Scotland(known to you as King James I of England).Since then,all other wars fought in Britain were civil wars between various political interest groups,not between England and Scotland.You are the one who needs to get informed.

(1) (Reply)

Abuja:Treason charge against nnamdi Kanu... A confirmation of Buhari Illiteracy. / When You Smoke Weed On A Sunday Morning / Niger Delta Avengers Respond To Tompolo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.