Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,204 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:00 AM

Why Is Apc Forcing Sylva On Bayelsans? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Is Apc Forcing Sylva On Bayelsans? (1782 Views)

Owhorkire Rhino: "Is APC A Cult Group?" Ex UNIPORT SUG President Asks / Godwin Obaseki Is APC's Flag Bearer / A Correction and the truth on bayelsans being lazy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is Apc Forcing Sylva On Bayelsans? by Nobody: 2:04pm On Dec 05, 2015
It is on record that Timipreye Sylva had ruled Bayelsa state before. We all know that despite the enormous resources available to the state, he left the state in a despicable sorry state.

Not that Dickson is a good man, he may have performed better than Sylva.

It is also on record that Sylva has many corruption cases hanging on his neck, but the FG inline with her anti-corruption mantra, has turned deaf and dumb to all the charges.

The issue is that having seen the failure that Sylva was, why should the apc give him their mandate? Why doing all to impose him on Bayelsa? Does the apc mean well for Bayelsa or is it all about grabbing power and spitting GEJ? Do they not think about the development of Bayelsa? Look at Imo state how it is sufferring. The same would have been the faith of Anambra state but GOD saved her. Take a look at kogi state, is it all about power? Had Audu not ruled before? What did he achieve? Did he not siphon the state money? Is this the change?

Is there no credible person from the apc to be made the flag bearer in both Kogi and Bayelsa?

May Nigerians see the chanjiii they voted for.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Apc Forcing Sylva On Bayelsans? by Realisticman: 2:21pm On Dec 05, 2015
The way you dey talk er, ibi like say APC is winning. It is not for the party to stop anybody from contesting but the court. If every one want to follow your summation, no party will have a candidate for an election in NIGERIA.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Apc Forcing Sylva On Bayelsans? by Nobody: 2:59pm On Dec 05, 2015
Realisticman:
The way you dey talk er, ibi like say APC is winning. It is not for the party to stop anybody from contesting but the court. If every one want to follow your summation, no party will have a candidate for an election in NIGERIA.

I did not know the result. I am not even following it on any media.

You have a point but you see if the say change, they should show us the change.

Can you imagine re-cycling sylva? I am not saying that Dickson is good but has Sylva not been tasted? What were his achievements?

Does Bayelsa deserve having Sylva for another term?

Is sylva the desired change for Bayelsa?
Re: Why Is Apc Forcing Sylva On Bayelsans? by Realisticman: 3:22pm On Dec 05, 2015
jusRadical:

Can you imagine re-cycling sylva? I am not saying that Dickson is good but has Sylva not been tasted? What were his achievements?

We need good people in politics no doubt about that but the present Nigeria's style is not suitable for those 'good' guys. Do you know that if you don't bribe a judge in the court, you can hardly scale through with your innocence?
To participate in an election in Nigeria you have to be crude/rough.
There was a time a political science professor came to seek for a senate seat in my home town; he was asked to bring money...the fact that he thought he was coming to help his people made him wondered why they were demanding for money. He asked them 'why were they asking for money'. he was not only disgraced during the primaries, he was nicknamed - 'why money'. OK, since then we have being sending 'touts' as the only options available for us to the senate.
I pray and hope that one day we will get it right.
In another vein, look at the amount you have to spend just to obtain form to run for a political office in Nigeria not to talk of the campaign proper. How many good guys with a legitimate means of livelihood will succumb to such gambling?
Re: Why Is Apc Forcing Sylva On Bayelsans? by diegwu01: 3:41pm On Dec 05, 2015
[[b]quote author=jusRadical post=40712440]It is on record that Timipreye Sylva had ruled Bayelsa state before. We all know that despite the enormous resources available to the state, he left the state in a despicable sorry state.

It is also on record that Sylva has many corruption cases hanging on his neck, but the FG inline with her anti-corruption mantra, has turned deaf and dumb to all the charges.

The issue is that having seen the failure that Sylva was, why should the apc give him their mandate? Why doing all to impose him on Bayelsa? Does the apc mean well for Bayelsa or is it all about grabbing power and spitting GEJ? Do they not think about the development of Bayelsa? Look at Imo state how it is sufferring. The same would have been the faith of Anambra state but GOD saved her. Take a look at kogi state, is it all about power? Had Audu not ruled before? What did he achieve? Did he not siphon the state money? Is this the change?

Is there no credible person from the apc to be made the flag bearer in both Kogi and Bayelsa?

May Nigerians see the chanjiii they voted for[/b].[/quote ]

OP i dont understand you grief with Sylva. This isnt a military regime, Nobody is forcing him on Bayelsa,
Sylva duly participated in the Party Primaries where Bayelsans as delegates massively voted for him.
Now he has offered himself in a legal electoral process to be considered as governor.
Is your grief bothering on the fact that he has huge chances of Wining this election while you principal Siriake Dickson's chances seem bleaker by the second.
Re: Why Is Apc Forcing Sylva On Bayelsans? by Nobody: 3:45pm On Dec 05, 2015
diegwu01:
[[b]quote author=jusRadical post=40712440]It is on record that Timipreye Sylva had ruled Bayelsa state before. We all know that despite the enormous resources available to the state, he left the state in a despicable sorry state.

May Nigerians see the chanjiii they voted for[/b].[/quote ]

OP i dont understand you grief with Sylva. This isnt a military regime, Nobody is forcing him on Bayelsa,
Sylva duly participated in the Party Primaries where Bayelsans as delegates massively voted for him.
Now he has offered himself in a legal electoral process to be considered as governor.
Is your grief bothering on the fact that he has huge chances of Wining this election while you principal Siriake Dickson's chances seem bleaker by the second.

Dickson wins, Sylva wins does not affect me.

I asked why project Sylva if you if you seek for change?
Re: Why Is Apc Forcing Sylva On Bayelsans? by bettercreature(m): 3:47pm On Dec 05, 2015
jusRadical:

Sylva is actually winning it?
Re: Why Is Apc Forcing Sylva On Bayelsans? by Nobody: 3:49pm On Dec 05, 2015
Realisticman:

We need good people in politics no doubt about that but the present Nigeria's style is not suitable for those 'good' guys. Do you know that if you don't bribe a judge in the court, you can hardly scale through with your innocence?
To participate in an election in Nigeria you have to be crude/rough.
There was a time a political science professor came to seek for a senate seat in my home town; he was asked to bring money...the fact that he thought he was coming to help his people made him wondered why they were demanding for money. He asked them 'why were they asking for money'. he was not only disgraced during the primaries, he was nicknamed - 'why money'. OK, since then we have being sending 'touts' as the only options available for us to the senate.
I pray and hope that one day we will get it right.
In another vein, look at the amount you have to spend just to obtain form to run for a political office in Nigeria not to talk of the campaign proper. How many good guys with a legitimate means of livelihood will succumb to such gambling?

I agree with you sir.

That is the point. But most time, we paint theirs black and ours white even when we know that ours might even be worse than theirs.
Re: Why Is Apc Forcing Sylva On Bayelsans? by Nobody: 3:57pm On Dec 05, 2015
bettercreature:
Sylva is actually winning it?

No.

I am not talking about today's election.

I am talking of the change mantra.
Re: Why Is Apc Forcing Sylva On Bayelsans? by Gayigaskia(m): 4:02pm On Dec 05, 2015
Why they do't vote SIASIA? That youg man has good intentions no God father and he is well spoken unlike those guys with fake Phds.
Re: Why Is Apc Forcing Sylva On Bayelsans? by Realisticman: 4:12pm On Dec 05, 2015
jusRadical:

I agree with you sir.

That is the point. But most time, we paint theirs black and ours white even when we know that ours might even be worse than theirs.
Yes, some people do that But I usually try to be realistic hence my user name.
Re: Why Is Apc Forcing Sylva On Bayelsans? by Nobody: 4:18pm On Dec 05, 2015
Gayigaskia:
Why they do't vote SIASIA? That youg man has good intentions no God father and he is well spoken unlike those guys with fake Phds.

Please who are those witj fake phds?
Re: Why Is Apc Forcing Sylva On Bayelsans? by bettercreature(m): 4:55pm On Dec 05, 2015
jusRadical:

No.

I am not talking about today's election.

I am talking of the change mantra.
Change is real,you can see all the powerful men in the EFCC custody,you can see the fresh air,24/7 electricity,24/7 water supply,no more traffic on the road,abeg don't fail to vote for APC
Re: Why Is Apc Forcing Sylva On Bayelsans? by gebest: 7:02pm On Dec 05, 2015
Why is PDP forcing Dickson on Bayelsans.
Re: Why Is Apc Forcing Sylva On Bayelsans? by mikolo80: 3:23am On Dec 06, 2015
jusRadical:
It is on record that Timipreye Sylva had ruled Bayelsa state before. We all know that despite the enormous resources available to the state, he left the state in a despicable sorry state.

why is pdp forcing Dickson on bayelsa ppl
Re: Why Is Apc Forcing Sylva On Bayelsans? by size40: 6:45am On Dec 06, 2015
jusRadical:

You should have asked why did GEJ and the PDP forced Nyesom Wike on Rivers people? Even when power should have shifted to other zone in d state particularly the riverine zone of d state

(1) (Reply)

Okonjo-iweala: Dasuki Got $322m Abacha Loot From Me - The Nation / REMINDER: Go To Court If You Feel Insulted. APC To Jonathan. How Time Flies. / ACF Adopts Amaechi, Praise Him For Standing Up To GEJ And Southern Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.