Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,324 members, 7,811,955 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:38 AM

Any Food Network Fans Out There? - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Any Food Network Fans Out There? (1183 Views)

Any 'lost' Fans Out There ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Any Food Network Fans Out There? by SeanT21(f): 6:52am On May 31, 2009
I know I am not the only one on here that loves watching the food Network.I love the black couples aka The Neilys. How can I forget about Big Daddy's House.I love the guy.MY best one has to be Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives with Guy Fieri. I envy this guy oo. He eats the best food around America for free. cry I love the IRON CHEF competitions eventhough my fave never wins.How can I forget the best series on the network:Paula's Home COOKING.I love her accent.I live in the south where many people talk like her but her's is something special.My mother and I always love the way she pronounce certain words.

Am I the only 1 here?? embarassed
Re: Any Food Network Fans Out There? by SeanT21(f): 5:19am On Jun 01, 2009
There are no Nairalanders in the US that watch this network. shocked
Re: Any Food Network Fans Out There? by Ben13: 10:52am On Jun 01, 2009
please, where are they? come let's discuss tongue
Re: Any Food Network Fans Out There? by tpiah: 3:22pm On Jun 01, 2009
I dont watch Food network as much as I used to, but The Barefoot Contessa is one of my favorites. She doesnt have too many black people on her show but I still like it.

Mario Batali is another good one- he always gives interesting histories of the Italian food he makes. And his kitchen is so rustic and interesting, like his style.

Other good ones:

Oliver's Twist.

Sugar Rush

Unwrapped
is another favorite.

and those cake competitions.
Re: Any Food Network Fans Out There? by SeanT21(f): 5:35am On Jun 02, 2009
tpiah:

I dont watch Food network as much as I used to, but The Barefoot Contessa is one of my favorites. She doesnt have too many black people on her show but I still like it.

Mario Batali is another good one- he always gives interesting histories of the Italian food he makes. And his kitchen is so rustic and interesting, like his style.

Other good ones:

Oliver's Twist.

Sugar Rush

Unwrapped
is another favorite.

and those cake competitions.

Yes.I am a big fan of your favorites;Especially Unwrapped. wink
Re: Any Food Network Fans Out There? by tpiah: 3:48pm On Jun 02, 2009
I like Guy Fieri too, but I sometimes feel hungry after watching his show. grin

Watching him eat that food doesnt help! cheesy
Re: Any Food Network Fans Out There? by JeSoul(f): 4:09pm On Jun 02, 2009
Re: Any Food Network Fans Out There?

Hell to tha yeah!  smiley

"Chopped" & "Iron Chef" are my favorite. And the different Cake competitions are just  shocked  shocked  smiley I don't really like the individual cooking shows with Paula and Rachel ray and co. unless its Emeril - bamm! smiley The competitions to me are the highlight of the network. You can learn so much from the different styles and approaches from all the different contestants. "The Next Foodnetwork Star" is about to begin again . . . I'm looking forward to it.
Re: Any Food Network Fans Out There? by SeanT21(f): 5:04am On Jun 03, 2009
tpiah:

I like Guy Fieri too, but I sometimes feel hungry after watching his show. grin

Watching him eat that food doesnt help! cheesy

I know. I envy the guy. He eats the best food for free. I wish he would take me on one of his "food Exploration" trips.

JeSoul:

Hell to tha yeah! smiley

"Chopped" & "Iron Chef" are my favorite. And the different Cake competitions are just shocked shocked smiley I don't really like the individual cooking shows with Paula and Rachel ray and co. unless its Emeril - bamm! smiley The competitions to me are the highlight of the network. You can learn so much from the different styles and approaches from all the different contestants. "The Next Foodnetwork Star" is about to begin again . . . I'm looking forward to it.

Never seen Emeril. I will try to check it out!!
Re: Any Food Network Fans Out There? by iice(f): 10:36am On Jun 06, 2009
JeSoul:

Hell to tha yeah!  smiley

"Chopped" & "Iron Chef" are my favorite. And the different Cake competitions are just  shocked  shocked  smiley I don't really like the individual cooking shows with Paula and Rachel ray and co. unless its Emeril - bamm! smiley The competitions to me are the highlight of the network. You can learn so much from the different styles and approaches from all the different contestants. "The Next Foodnetwork Star" is about to begin again . . . I'm looking forward to it.

Bwahahaha bamm, bamm, bamm!. I love iron chef, i watch the japanese one too.

I like the shows Tpiah likes too.
Re: Any Food Network Fans Out There? by shotster50(m): 6:05am On Feb 04, 2011
What they should really say on those cooking shows:

"Hello and welcome to 'Pointless Cooking That Has Nothing To Do With Anyone's Actual Life'. Today, we are making a very complicated recipe, using ingredients you don't have, utensils you've never heard of, and in a kitchen that is bigger than your whole bleeping house."
Re: Any Food Network Fans Out There? by iice(f): 3:57pm On Feb 04, 2011
looool
Re: Any Food Network Fans Out There? by JeSoul(f): 5:00pm On Feb 04, 2011
shotster50:

What they should really say on those cooking shows:

"Hello and welcome to 'Pointless Cooking That Has Nothing To Do With Anyone's Actual Life'. Today, we are making 1a very complicated recipe, 2using ingredients you don't have, 3utensils you've never heard of, and 4in a kitchen that is bigger than your whole bleeping house."
  ROTFLOL . . . this is 1000% true grin for the Iron Chefs, Next FN Star etc. That's why its simply fun to just watch the highest artistic form of cooking.

However regular shows like Rachel's 30-min meals, Barefoot contessa, down home with the Neely's etc are specifically targeted for the regular folks/kitchens. Even Chopped though its a competition uses ingredients and utensils that can be done by the average person.
Re: Any Food Network Fans Out There? by Nobody: 9:53pm On Feb 04, 2011
W
hat they should really say on those cooking shows:

"Hello and welcome to 'Pointless Cooking That Has Nothing To Do With Anyone's Actual Life'. Today, we are making a very complicated recipe, using ingredients you don't have, utensils you've never heard of, and in a kitchen that is bigger than your whole bleeping house."

still ok. grin

i check out the kitchens too.

giada used to have one of the best designs- something with black marble- then they changed it later.

the shows are very good and it's almost hard to choose a favorite.
Re: Any Food Network Fans Out There? by Nobody: 10:32am On Feb 05, 2011
Seems am late, started watching a couple of days ago and am totally addicted. My best is Diners, Drive-ins and Dives.
Re: Any Food Network Fans Out There? by vescucci(m): 3:09pm On Feb 05, 2011
iice and JeSoul. Just the two people I expected to find here.
Re: Any Food Network Fans Out There? by iice(f): 4:06pm On Feb 05, 2011
Not a word about my eating angry grin
Re: Any Food Network Fans Out There? by vescucci(m): 9:43pm On Feb 06, 2011
:-x
Re: Any Food Network Fans Out There? by shotster50(m): 5:52am On Feb 07, 2011
Most Television cookery shows are complete rubbish. When you get something straight from the oven, you don't taste it immediately and say 'Mmm, that's gorgeous. Really gorgeous'.

From my experience, you say 'bleep ME, THAT'S HOT!' and spit it out onto the plate. tongue
Re: Any Food Network Fans Out There? by Nobody: 5:22pm On Feb 07, 2011
^^good point but the food could have been cooling in the oven nah.

My best is Diners, Drive-ins and Dives.

that's a great show.

it's so hard to choose a favorite on that network.

down home with the neelys is also good.

this other guy bobby flay is impressive too. He does catering and party menus.

I used to watch mario as well, before his show ended.
Re: Any Food Network Fans Out There? by JeSoul(f): 5:31pm On Feb 07, 2011
vescucci:

iice and JeSoul. Just the two people I expected to find here.
Hehe . . . why now?  grin 

tpiah!:

down home with the neelys is also good.
Diners, drive-ins etc is a good one. Seeing the different food spots all around the country . . . but ehn, the food  lipsrsealed extremely unhealthy. See Guy Fieri's stomach alone - it shows grin I watch the Neely's often . . . though I love their on-screen chemistry, their food is also not very healthy. Yesterday they did "snack attack". The menu was potato chips dipped in chocolate syrup, deep fried chicken slobbered in bbq sauce/glaze, whipped mayo cream with all the mixings dip, and chocolate cocktail  shocked . . . dayum. They're black so we know they do soul food, but omo, talk about artery cloggers and bloodpressure uppers and calorie bombs  shocked  grin I still love them tho . . .
Re: Any Food Network Fans Out There? by Nobody: 5:35pm On Feb 07, 2011
lol.

true on all counts.

i always feel just watching guy fieri can pile on the calories.

there's another show with this slim blonde lady who does half something and something. Very elegant and simple.

(1) (Reply)

Download Latest Nollywood Movie / TAN LE SE My Friend's Debut Movie. / Horror Movies Health Benefits: 5 Things You Must Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.