Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,077 members, 7,818,222 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:40 AM

How A Cancer Of Corruption Kills Nigeria (Video With Documentary Evidence)- PBS - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How A Cancer Of Corruption Kills Nigeria (Video With Documentary Evidence)- PBS (28077 Views)

Bukar Ibrahim Reacts To His Leaked Video With Two Women / Kill Tribalism Before Its Kills Nigeria; Its Just A "Labels" / Let’s Kill Tribalism Before It Kills Nigeria- Senator Ben Murray Bruce (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How A Cancer Of Corruption Kills Nigeria (Video With Documentary Evidence)- PBS by Ghandi12: 7:14am On Dec 06, 2015
PassingShot:
...I have come to realize that the biggest problem in Nigeria is not corruption per se. It is the attitude of the majority of us who are victims of corruption towards those who have pauperized them and future of their unborn grand children. Many of victims of corruption, who complain hourly about poor state of things, are sadly same set of people who defend their oppressors with the last drop of blood in them.
It's very sad that democracy has not helped Nigeria as we thought. It has instead made people to get away with impunity upon impunity.

Bro, it is not easy for private citizens to stand-up to corruption. While some citizens who are privileged to have enough enlightenment know what to do and who to call when faced with the monster over 100 millions of our people do not even understand they stand any chance against corruption.

Go to Lagos or PH streets and see how touts (working for/with Police and government) forcefully collect fees from hawkers, see what chance the hawkers stand against these touts.
SME business owners do not have any structured taxing - government officials and touts visit anytime they want and harass them until they pay - should they fight them? Or who would they report to?

This is why many are forced to seeking connection to powerful people for survival on the street.

4 Likes

Re: How A Cancer Of Corruption Kills Nigeria (Video With Documentary Evidence)- PBS by disloman(m): 7:16am On Dec 06, 2015
Sweetguy25:
So? Whats the big deal?

11 Likes

Re: How A Cancer Of Corruption Kills Nigeria (Video With Documentary Evidence)- PBS by LRNZH(m): 7:23am On Dec 06, 2015
PassingShot:
The type of corruption in Nigeria can only be from Nigeria. Nowhere else in the world can ours take place and the country not become FAILED STATE completely.
SLS captured it well when he said our type of corruption is the worst in the whole world because it's pure stealing.
I have come to realize that the biggest problem in Nigeria is not corruption per se. It is the attitude of the majority of us who are victims of corruption towards those who have pauperized them and future of their unborn grand children. Many of victims of corruption, who complain hourly about poor state of things, are sadly same set of people who defend their oppressors with the last drop of blood in them.
It's very sad that democracy has not helped Nigeria as we thought. It has instead made people to get away with impunity upon impunity.

Ghandi12:

Bro, it is not easy for private citizens to stand-up to corruption. While some citizens who are privileged to have enough enlightenment know what to do and who to call when faced with the monster over 100 millions of our people do not even understand they stand any chance against corruption.

Go to Lagos or PH streets and see how touts (working for/with Police and government) forcefully collect fees from hawkers, see what chance the hawkers stand against these touts.
SME business owners do not have any structured taxing - government officials and touts visit anytime they want and harass them until they pay - should they fight them? Or who would they report to?

This is why many are forced to seeking connection to powerful people for survival on the street.

Corruption is institutionalised in Nigeria. It is part of everyday culture. It will take almost a dictatorial approach sustained over a long period of time to have a meaningful impact on fighting the Nigerian brand of corruption.

Lee Yew Kuan transformed Singapore after being president for 31 solid years and entrenching the rule of law. He changed a generation of Singaporeans.
16 years of an active and fighting Buhari is not enough in my opinion to transform Nigeria .....

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How A Cancer Of Corruption Kills Nigeria (Video With Documentary Evidence)- PBS by Nobody: 7:35am On Dec 06, 2015
I can't even defend this anymore, everyone should pay for their crimes, literally shed tears at the end

2 Likes

Re: How A Cancer Of Corruption Kills Nigeria (Video With Documentary Evidence)- PBS by LRNZH(m): 7:41am On Dec 06, 2015
TheImp:
I can't even defend this anymore, everyone should pay for their crimes, literally shed tears at the end

I have been waiting for the chronic GEJ supporters to come and justify these actions by their hero and his cronies...

cc: TemiTemi1, Firefire, Truckpusher, Tonyebarcanista, SeverusSnape, Mulattoclaro, Ochejoseph, Jamace, Rozayx5, Chukwudi44, IsrealiAirforce , DearPreye, Anonimi, Agabal23, etc

Mods abeg help us put this on FP. Seun, Mynd44, Obinoscopy, Tosyne2much, Ishilove

4 Likes

Re: How A Cancer Of Corruption Kills Nigeria (Video With Documentary Evidence)- PBS by SeverusSnape(m): 7:46am On Dec 06, 2015
LRNZH:

I have been waiting for the chronic GEJ supporters to come and justify these actions by their hero and his cronies...

cc: TemiT_emi1, Fire_fire, Truc_kpusher, Tonyeb_arcanista, Severus_Snape, mulatto_claro, ochej_oseph,

Mods abeg help.us put this on FP. Se_un, My_nd44, Obinos_copy

What concerns us with this Propaganda you posted?. I've always seen you as a propagandist. So I'm not surprised.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How A Cancer Of Corruption Kills Nigeria (Video With Documentary Evidence)- PBS by Sweetguy25: 7:49am On Dec 06, 2015
LRNZH:

I am shocked because if the old guard like OBJ, Anenih etc condone and partake in corruption as usual, a shoeless son of a fisherman from the ND creeks with a PhD who got overwhelming masses votes in 2011should have known better and worked for the masses interests but alas...

Under GEJ , Nigeria had the highest revenue ever in its 101 years history. All that opportunity wasted.

The best opportunity Nigeria had to redress our fundamental problems was during OBJ's regime in 1999. But he messed up so terribly thereby puting the country in a deeper mess than he left it.

No president in Nigeria can stop corruption or even try to minimize it. Corruption will flourish under Buhari, it will still flourish after Buhari leaves office. That is the hard truth.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How A Cancer Of Corruption Kills Nigeria (Video With Documentary Evidence)- PBS by tosin2013: 8:07am On Dec 06, 2015
SeverusSnape:

What concerns us with this Propaganda you posted?. I've always seen you as a propagandist. So I'm not surprised.

People like you are as guilty as Dasuki and co. and deserve similar years in jail. The spirit of the woman killed in that video will haunt you if you continue on this path.

14 Likes

Re: How A Cancer Of Corruption Kills Nigeria (Video With Documentary Evidence)- PBS by tosin2013: 8:37am On Dec 06, 2015
Sweetguy25:

The best opportunity Nigeria had to redress our fundamental problems was during OBJ's regime in 1999. But he messed up so terribly thereby puting the country in a deeper mess than he left it.

No president in Nigeria can stop corruption or even try to minimize it. Corruption will flourish under Buhari, it will still flourish after Buhari leaves office. That is the hard truth.

If u av lost hope, u can ship to Togo. U were neva very useful anyway.

11 Likes

Re: How A Cancer Of Corruption Kills Nigeria (Video With Documentary Evidence)- PBS by jamace(m): 8:39am On Dec 06, 2015
LRNZH:

cc: TemiTemi1, Firefire, Truckpusher, Tonyebarcanista, SeverusSnape, Mulattoclaro, Ochejoseph, Jamace, Rozayx5, Chukwudi44, IsrealiAirforce etc

Mods abeg help us put this on FP. Seun, Mynd44, Obinoscopy, Tosyne2much, Ishilove
Truly, it takes a man with brave heart to fight corruption in Nigeria. I have witnessed corruption, first hand, in all its ramifications in Nigeria. Having said that, corruption should not be nailed at the door step of GEJ. GEJ had good intentions for the masses BUT he was overwhelmed by the insincerity and lack of integrity of his lieutenants. Note that corruption is a whole gamut of vices ranging from misapplication of public funds to "pressing green button" to get ahead of competitors in school admissions and job employments.

Those who perpetrate gargantuan corruption are the high and mighty. They are in political, civil service and religious circles. Sadly even the masses either because of deprivation or the lure to be rich have become corrupt too.

Fighting corruption has become an uphill task in Nigeria today because corruption has taken over our churches/mosques. Pastors and imams who are supposed to shape the morality of the society are now in the front row of corruption. Need I mention that even our erudite scholars both in society and ivory towers are drenched in corruption?.

The corruption situation in Nigeria is jn deed pathetic.

I wish Buhari well in his efforts to rid Nigeria of corruption. However, Buhari must keep his eyes on his lieutenants so that they don't just shout we are fighting corruption and using the opportunity to feather their own nest.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How A Cancer Of Corruption Kills Nigeria (Video With Documentary Evidence)- PBS by SeverusSnape(m): 8:54am On Dec 06, 2015
tosin2013:

People like you are as guilty as Dasuki and co. and deserve similar years in jail. The spirit of the woman killed in that video will haunt you if you continue on this path.

Mtcheeww... For your mind.

1 Like

Re: How A Cancer Of Corruption Kills Nigeria (Video With Documentary Evidence)- PBS by francizy(m): 10:07am On Dec 06, 2015
Sweetguy25:

On point!!!

These people keep fooling themselves about corruption being fought by Buhari as if they don't know it exists even down to the common man. Even the mofos talking have engaged in one corrupt practice or another. Some of them are internet fraudstars, some steal from their employers, some of them cheat their customers, some of them are runs girls, some of them work in fed or state gov parastatals and hardly go to work but collect salaries, but here they are, screaming on here about corruption. Nothing way man no go see.

If you want to fight corruption, then you shouldn't have any business protecting corrupt officials because they are loyal to you or belong to the same party as you. You give freedom and impunity to loyalists and attack non-loyalists, then what do you expect? The loyalists will steal without regard. They will steal and not look back.

I will start taking these people serious if they start agitating for the criminals in APC apart from Saraki to be brought to book, else, all these nonsense they are doing here borders on sycophancy. You can't claim to be fighting corruption and support Sylva and Audu to be your flag bearers in Bayelsa and Kogi respectively. You can't claim to be against corruption but yet applaud the president for fielding in corrupt persons as his ministers, even though there were glaring evidences that they took part in corrupt practices.

When people keep living in denial and boldly embrace sycophancy cum hypocrisy, they will forever move backward. That is why Nigeria instead of experiencing progress, will continue to experience retrogression.

When Dasuki and co are finally found guilty, that's when I'd express my disappointment for GEJ's government. On the other hand, Buhari's government has already started on the wrong foot in its fight against corruption, for shielding loyalists.

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How A Cancer Of Corruption Kills Nigeria (Video With Documentary Evidence)- PBS by francizy(m): 10:11am On Dec 06, 2015
jamace:

Truly, it takes a man with brave heart to fight corruption in Nigeria. I have witnessed corruption, first hand, in all its ramifications in Nigeria. Having said that, corruption should not be nailed at the door step of GEJ. GEJ had good intentions for the masses BUT he was overwhelmed by the insincerity and lack of integrity of his lieutenants. Note that corruption is a whole gamut of vices ranging from misapplication of public funds to "pressing green button" to get ahead of competitors in school admissions and job employments.

Those who perpetrate gargantuan corruption are the high and mighty. They are in political, civil service and religious circles. Sadly even the masses either because of deprivation or the lure to be rich have become corrupt too.

Fighting corruption has become an uphill task in Nigeria today because corruption has taken over our churches/mosques. Pastors and imams who are supposed to shape the morality of the society are now in the front row of corruption. Need I mention that even our erudite scholars both in society and ivory towers are drenched in corruption?.

I wish Buhari well in his efforts to rid Nigeria of corruption. However, Buhari must keep his eyes on his lieutenants so that they don't just shout we are fighting corruption and using the opportunity to feather their own nest.

God bless you beyond the ordinary! May God enrish you bountifully! You are the one who made sense among those ones there. They just don't like telling themselves the truth.

6 Likes

Re: How A Cancer Of Corruption Kills Nigeria (Video With Documentary Evidence)- PBS by Sweetguy25: 10:24am On Dec 06, 2015
francizy:

On point!!!

These people keep fooling themselves about corruption being fought by Buhari as if they don't know it exists even down to the common man. Even the mofos talking have engaged in one corrupt practice or another. Some of them are internet fraudstars, some steal from their employers, some of them cheat their customers, some of them are runs girls, some of them work in fed or state gov parastatals and hardly go to work but collect salaries, but here they are, screaming on here about corruption. Nothing way man no go see.

If you want to fight corruption, then you shouldn't have any business protecting corrupt officials because they are loyal to you or belong to the same party as you. You give freedom and impunity to loyalists and attack non-loyalists, then what do you expect? The loyalists will steal without regard. They will steal and not look back.

I will start taking these people serious if they start agitating for the criminals in APC apart from Saraki to be brought to book, else, all these nonsense they are doing here borders on sycophancy. You can't claim to be fighting corruption and support Sylva and Audu to be your flag bearers in Bayelsa and Kogi respectively. You can't claim to be against corruption but yet applaud the president for fielding in corrupt persons as his ministers, even though there were glaring evidences that they took part in corrupt practices.

When people keep living in denial and boldly embrace sycophancy cum hypocrisy, they will forever move backward. That is why Nigeria instead of experiencing progress, will continue to experience retrogression.

When Dasuki and co are finally found guilty, that's when I'd express my disappointment for GEJ's government. On the other hand, Buhari's government has already on the wrong foot in its fight against corruption, for shielding loyalists.

Excellent.

Take a look the thoughts of this British expatriate on corruption in Nigeria

https://www.nairaland.com/1407845/expatriates-indepth-analysis-corruption-nigeria

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How A Cancer Of Corruption Kills Nigeria (Video With Documentary Evidence)- PBS by okolochyke: 11:09am On Dec 06, 2015
francizy:

[s]On point!!!

When Dasuki and co are finally found guilty, that's when I'd express my disappointment for GEJ's government. On the other hand, Buhari's government has already on the wrong foot in its fight against corruption, for shielding loyalists.[/s]

Trash...

The poverty in your life is probably worse than the Okada man and yet you are condoning this corruption

10 Likes

Re: How A Cancer Of Corruption Kills Nigeria (Video With Documentary Evidence)- PBS by okolochyke: 11:09am On Dec 06, 2015
Lalasticlala can you take this to frontpage
Re: How A Cancer Of Corruption Kills Nigeria (Video With Documentary Evidence)- PBS by LRNZH(m): 12:44pm On Dec 06, 2015
jamace:

Almost there but not quite!

Are you insinuating that GEJ is ignorant of the 47Million and 289 Million dollars withdrawals from CBN by Dasuki and Diezani, and all other numerous ones we don't know about?

I bet you that in the end, we will find that GEJ is culpable or totally blind as a ding bat and was clueless of what was going on around him. GEJ aided and abetted corruption in his government!

In both cases, he is unfit to be president. I don't see the good intentions in that.

The point is he could have controlled the amount of corruption in his cabinet at least. Obviously that did not happen.

Lalasticlala, haba..... Why is this not FP material?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How A Cancer Of Corruption Kills Nigeria (Video With Documentary Evidence)- PBS by hahn(m): 12:49pm On Dec 06, 2015
LRNZH:

Are you insinuating that GEJ is ignorant of the 47Million and 289 Million dollars from CBN by Dasuki and Diezani, and all other numerous ones we don't know about?

I bet you that in the end, we will.find that GEJ is culpable or totally blind as a ding bat!

In both cases, he is unfit to be president.

Lalasticlala, haba.....

Password: Tonto Dike grin

2 Likes

Re: How A Cancer Of Corruption Kills Nigeria (Video With Documentary Evidence)- PBS by jamace(m): 12:59pm On Dec 06, 2015
LRNZH:

Are you insinuating that GEJ is ignorant of the 47Million and 289 Million dollars from CBN by Dasuki and Diezani, and all other numerous ones we don't know about?

I bet you that in the end, we will.find that GEJ is culpable or totally blind as a ding bat!

In both cases, he is unfit to be president.

Lalasticlala, haba.....
You are not quite there, bro.
Are you telling us that corruption in Nigeria started with the reign of GEJ?
If GEJ was totally blind as a ding bat as you claimed, why did GEJ instituted the BVN and TSA programmes?
Please, purge yourself of fixated hate for GEJ and give praise where praise is due.

1 Like

Re: How A Cancer Of Corruption Kills Nigeria (Video With Documentary Evidence)- PBS by LRNZH(m): 1:08pm On Dec 06, 2015
jamace:
You are not quite there, bro.
Are you telling us that corruption in Nigeria started with the reign of GEJ?
If GEJ was totally blind as a ding bat as you claimed, why did GEJ instituted the BVN and TSA programmes?
Please, purge yourself of fixated hate for GEJ and give praise where praise is due.

This your reasoning sha....

You claim GEJ meant well for Nigeria but it is his lieutenants that are corrupt.

I responded that GEJ cannot be ignorant of the huge sums of withdrawals from CBN because CBN requires his approvals to release such funds. Unless someone was doing the work of president for him.

How has that got to do with when corruption started in Nigeria? So if corruption started during Azikiwe (the original one), it means GEJ is absolved of this monumental stealing in his government?

Stay on topic please.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: How A Cancer Of Corruption Kills Nigeria (Video With Documentary Evidence)- PBS by francizy(m): 1:21pm On Dec 06, 2015
okolochyke:

Trash...

The poverty in your life is probably worse than the Okada man and yet you are condoning this corruption

I yield not to frustrated animals..

#spits
Re: How A Cancer Of Corruption Kills Nigeria (Video With Documentary Evidence)- PBS by jamace(m): 1:22pm On Dec 06, 2015
LRNZH:

This your reasoning sha....

You claim GEJ meant well for Nigeria but it is his lieutenants that are corrupt.

I responded that GEJ cannot be ignorant of the huge sums of withdrawals from CBN because CBN requires his approvals to release such funds. Unless someone was doing the work of president for him.

How has that got to do with when corruption started in Nigeria? So if corruption started during Azikiwe (the original one), it means GEJ is absolved of this monumental stealing in his government?

Stay on topic please.
This your stand sha....
GEJ as president was aware of the corruption in his regime hence the BVN and TSA programmes which are institutional ways of fighting corruption. These are the programmes helping Buhari to tackle corruption today. So, please give GEJ kudos for those policies first..

PS: Read what the DSS and Milittary are doing now in the name of fighting corruption: https://www.nairaland.com/2784382/just-dss-operatives-involved-armed
Re: How A Cancer Of Corruption Kills Nigeria (Video With Documentary Evidence)- PBS by LRNZH(m): 1:28pm On Dec 06, 2015
jamace:

This your stand sha....
GEJ as president was aware of the corruption in his regime hence the BVN and TSA programmes which are institutional ways of fighting corruption. These are the programmes helping Buhari to tackle corruption today. So, please give GEJ kudos for those policies first..

How will BVN/TSA stop high level corruption when the president himself approves unbudgetted withdrawals from CBN by his cabinet members?

How could BVN/TSA have stopped GEJ and Dasuki from making out a payment of N2.1 Billion to Dokpesi from the Security Budget while the armed forces have no amunitions?

I tagged you guys because this is exactly the kind of reasoning I expected from you and you have put it on display.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: How A Cancer Of Corruption Kills Nigeria (Video With Documentary Evidence)- PBS by jamace(m): 1:30pm On Dec 06, 2015
LRNZH:

How will BVN/TSA stop high level corruption when the president himself approves unbudgetted withdrawals from CBN by his cabinet members?

How could BVN/TSA have stopped GEJ and Dasuki from making out a payment of N2.1 Billion to Dokpesi from the Security Budget while the armed forces have no amunitions?

I tagged you guys because this is exactly the kind of reasoning I expected from you and you have put it on display.

Please read what the DSS and Milittary are doing now in the name of fighting corruption: https://www.nairaland.com/2784382/just-dss-operatives-involved-armed
Re: How A Cancer Of Corruption Kills Nigeria (Video With Documentary Evidence)- PBS by jamace(m): 1:33pm On Dec 06, 2015
Re: How A Cancer Of Corruption Kills Nigeria (Video With Documentary Evidence)- PBS by abitex577(m): 1:34pm On Dec 06, 2015
Where are the wailers!!! Thank God for sending us PBM, No wander even IBB the said his own stealing is child's play compared to what happened.
Re: How A Cancer Of Corruption Kills Nigeria (Video With Documentary Evidence)- PBS by chat2deen(m): 1:35pm On Dec 06, 2015
Korruption kills, let's kill korruption b4 it kills all of us.

4 Likes

Re: How A Cancer Of Corruption Kills Nigeria (Video With Documentary Evidence)- PBS by Chidozieude: 3:13pm On Dec 06, 2015
Mynd44, Lalasticlala

This thread deserves frontpage
Re: How A Cancer Of Corruption Kills Nigeria (Video With Documentary Evidence)- PBS by LRNZH(m): 3:33pm On Dec 06, 2015
Chidozieude:
Mynd44, Lalasticlala

This thread deserves frontpage

Lalasticlala makes the calls.
Re: How A Cancer Of Corruption Kills Nigeria (Video With Documentary Evidence)- PBS by macaranta(m): 6:37pm On Dec 06, 2015
The polithiefcians are indeed heartless .
Re: How A Cancer Of Corruption Kills Nigeria (Video With Documentary Evidence)- PBS by cold(m): 6:37pm On Dec 06, 2015
Sad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Maria Ude Nwachi Speaks On Her Suspension Over "Ordinary Photographer" / Nigeria election: Could the PDP lose power? - BBC / Femi Fani-Kayode And His Wife, Precious Chikwendu Loved Up In New Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.