Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,680 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:42 PM

Yahaya Bello Wins Kogi Governorship Election - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yahaya Bello Wins Kogi Governorship Election (49843 Views)

Isaac Alfa Wins Kogi East Senatorial Rerun Election / Abubakar Audu Wins Kogi Governorship Election / Some Kogi Governorship Election Result 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yahaya Bello Wins Kogi Governorship Election by Ozid(m): 8:26am On Dec 06, 2015
cktheluckyman:

Faleke formally wrote to INEC to withdraw his deputy Governorship candidate to Bello!! As far as the law is concerned Bello had no deputy
My Broda what Falake shld have done was to write officially to the party in which the party will withdraw his name n name another person as the deputy. As at the time of writing this post, Falake has not done that which means he still remains the party deputy flag bearer n deputy gov elect. Take note a candidate cannot withdraw himself without an official letter to the party n from the party to Inec. Faleke is just deceiving people with this deputy of a thing, he remains the deputy gov of the party legally as it stand except smth otherwise happen.

1 Like

Re: Yahaya Bello Wins Kogi Governorship Election by Nobody: 8:29am On Dec 06, 2015
anigbajumo:

shut up,u just dey spew trash anyhow. Both are Tinubu boy's...who sponsored yahaya bello primary election?

Either falake or yahaya both of dem gonna still be remote by jagaban.
why are you so pained ? Soak garri o.. You need it tongue

1 Like

Re: Yahaya Bello Wins Kogi Governorship Election by Goldencollins: 8:30am On Dec 06, 2015
ok
Re: Yahaya Bello Wins Kogi Governorship Election by 9isguy(m): 8:35am On Dec 06, 2015
NAIRALAND LAWYERS, quoting laws on social media is not enough, y don't u guys offer to be FALEKE lawyer so as to say all those trash in court, the court is free; even you can go to court, YAHAYA BELLO IS THE GOVERNOR ELECT OF KOGI STATE: This is very simpls; I advise u guys to contact FALEKE on what to do next coz lawyers won't be tired of eating ur money ::

2 Likes

Re: Yahaya Bello Wins Kogi Governorship Election by omogidi234(m): 8:42am On Dec 06, 2015
[quote author=dokiOloye post=40730323]Exercise in futility.
Waiting patiently for d courts to quash this sham of an election and order a rerun.
So INEC wants man B to inherit man A's votes?
Why not dash him that his fairly new 18yr old wife too as part of d package?
Ndi ara.[/quote

Oga, Amaechi inherited Omehia's vote to become Rivers State Governor. That is the precedent from the Supreme Court. Until the Supreme Court overrules itself on that, the Election Tribunal and Court of Appeal are bound to follow. Besides, we vote for Political parties in Nigerian and not individual.

1 Like

Re: Yahaya Bello Wins Kogi Governorship Election by YaksonFCA(m): 8:45am On Dec 06, 2015
takedat:
I beg top disagree with you. Faleke can claim the supplementary election that brought Bello in is null and void since he has written to INEC and APC to remove his name as a deputy governorship candidate for the supplementary election. INEC and the APC cannot force a candidate to run in an election, and since one cannot run in an election without a complete ticket it makes the election null and void.

Faleke can dispute INEC's claim based on the PVC's distributed and the difference between the votes of Audu/Faleke's and Wada's. Yes, the electoral act only recognises the registered voters but Faleke's legal team will challenge INEC to explain who is a 'Qualified Voter' on an election day. If INEC's argument only supports 'registered voters and not of the use of PVC's, INEC would have shot itself in the leg meaning that elections conducted using PVC's are meaningless and unconstitutional and as such INEC cannot force the electorates to produce a PVC before voting since what they recognize is the registered voters only.

Thirdly, can you claim Bello has fulfilled all the constitutional requirements? Did Bello take part in the more than 2,500 polling units where elections were concluded in November? Isn't that part of the constitutional requirement?

Lastly, when the returning officer for the elections was returning Bello as the winner, he did not say APC alone but said Alhaji Yahya Bello of the APC haven polled the highest number of votes and satisfied all constitutional requirements is thereby returned elected'? Did Yahya Bello in actual sense pull the highest number of votes?

The INEC guideline is very clear on this matter. Emphasis is on the number of the registered voters in the
area where election was cancelled and/or not held. Though Audu/Faleke satisfied the provision of section
179 (2) of the 1999 Constitution, the same constitution empowers INEC to regulate its own activities. The
returning officers decision was in order. There is no letter from the APC to INEC communicating her intention to substitute the deputy governorship candidate so Hon James Faleke nomination stands. Had it been Prince Abubakar Audu was "dully elected" before his
demise Sec 181 of the 1999 Constitution would have been invoked automatically making his running mate,
Hon James Faleke Governor - Elect. Its so unfortunate, that is not case here!

1 Like

Re: Yahaya Bello Wins Kogi Governorship Election by ybalogs(m): 8:49am On Dec 06, 2015
I believe Audu paved the way for Yahya Bello, but the truth remains that people just don't want Wada.

1 Like

Re: Yahaya Bello Wins Kogi Governorship Election by barcaboi(m): 8:57am On Dec 06, 2015
I support Faleke but d law actually supports a candidate who has been involved in the primaries wch counts Faleke out if not PDP will use dat against him......lots of issues.....mk we see wetin d court go decide

1 Like

Re: Yahaya Bello Wins Kogi Governorship Election by khattab02: 8:58am On Dec 06, 2015
who didn't see this coming

Wailers and political analysts over to you!

#Any how the case goes to any where or any court, it is crystal clear PDP LOST!!!
Re: Yahaya Bello Wins Kogi Governorship Election by Housing(m): 9:01am On Dec 06, 2015
Tribunal will definitely decide the governor elect in Kogi, as for me it is either Faleke or Wada, but not Yahaya he may rejoice in the interim

1 Like

Re: Yahaya Bello Wins Kogi Governorship Election by khattab02: 9:04am On Dec 06, 2015
9isguy:
NAIRALAND LAWYERS, quoting laws on social media is not enough, y don't u guys offer to be FALEKE lawyer so as to say all those trash in court, the court is free; even you can go to court, YAHAYA BELLO IS THE GOVERNOR ELECT OF KOGI STATE: This is very simpls; I advise u guys to contact FALEKE on what to do next coz lawyers won't be tired of eating ur money ::
abi oooo bros... I don tire for all their online lawyer!!!

There is no how this case will be judged that they will be happy. Because from all ramifications, it's not favouring them.

#keep quoting thousands of law!
Re: Yahaya Bello Wins Kogi Governorship Election by jomoh: 9:10am On Dec 06, 2015
PassingShot:
One can only feel for Faleke that the laws conspired against him but there is NOTHING he can do about the situation. Even if he spends his entire savings on this case, I believe Yahaya Bello will be governor.

If not for the Electoral law that specifically demands that a candidate must have fully participated in his party's primaries to qualify for election, APC would have used Faleke as Audu's replacement.

The lesson of this Kogi election is that it's advisable to participate in the primaries that will throw up a substantive candidate (gubernatorial or presidential) even if your plan is to be deputy to the eventual winner. In the event that your principal kicks the bucket during election process, you will easily be made his replacement without much rancor.

It may be 1year or 2years but if there is real justice in our law court, I can bet Faleke will still be the governor.

The Kogi Election was never inconclusive because of the 49,000 registered voters, only 25,000 were eligible to vote. So it was never inconclusive. Audu should've been declared winner of the election.

The electoral act empowers INEC to certify that a voter is duly registered and eligible to vote. This brings us to the question that how do you identify that a person is duly registered and that he is the one in the voters register? Then the PVC comes in, to identify a voter as being duly registered and therefore eligible to vote. It now leads us to the question, how many of the 49,000 registered voters can be said to have PVC which makes them eligible to vote? Ans= Only 25,000.

What is now the basis for the inconclusiveness?

If Audu had been declared as it should have been, the issue of replacement won't have come up, let alone that of Primary. The issue of replacement and Primary are secondary issue that came up after INEC had committed their blunder been used.

What happened in Kogi was pure power play between Buhari's Kaduna Mafia Bloc of the party and The Tinubu caucus.

1 Like

Re: Yahaya Bello Wins Kogi Governorship Election by khattab02: 9:10am On Dec 06, 2015
Housing:
Tribunal will definitely decide the governor elect in Kogi, as for me it is either Faleke or Wada, but not Yahaya he may rejoice in the interim
hehehehehehehe........ Why wada?? Why even Faleke too??
Re: Yahaya Bello Wins Kogi Governorship Election by ALLI1009(m): 9:15am On Dec 06, 2015
wonderful historical election result
Re: Yahaya Bello Wins Kogi Governorship Election by khattab02: 9:17am On Dec 06, 2015
ybalogs:
I believe Audu paved the way for Yahya Bello, but the truth remains that people just don't want Wada.
gbam!!! That is what PDP are refusing to accept and wants to take advantage but the situation on ground doesn't suit them at all..
Re: Yahaya Bello Wins Kogi Governorship Election by anigbajumo(m): 9:19am On Dec 06, 2015
ThisMeansWars:
why are you so pained ? Soak garri o.. You need it tongue

Eeeya I dnt drink or take anything inform of gaari,

1 Like

Re: Yahaya Bello Wins Kogi Governorship Election by khattab02: 9:21am On Dec 06, 2015
barcaboi:
I support Faleke but d law actually supports a candidate who has been involved in the primaries wch counts Faleke out if not PDP will use dat against him......lots of issues.....mk we see wetin d court go decide
I tell you! I never see case as complicated as this. Even the courts sef go crack brain like say na integration and partial fraction them wan solve.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yahaya Bello Wins Kogi Governorship Election by Sacramento4real(m): 9:24am On Dec 06, 2015
gidjah:
may be may be Not. Did Bello himself went tru the primaries?
Yes,he did.He came a distance second from Audu.
Re: Yahaya Bello Wins Kogi Governorship Election by Emmanueledu(m): 9:26am On Dec 06, 2015
Because APC is in power,they can now interpret the constitution to suit them!Very well then am keeping all these for record purpose,cause they say What goes around comes around....
Re: Yahaya Bello Wins Kogi Governorship Election by khattab02: 9:27am On Dec 06, 2015
anigbajumo:

Eeeya I dnt drink or take anything inform of gaari,
Omo ajebotta.........
Re: Yahaya Bello Wins Kogi Governorship Election by khattab02: 9:31am On Dec 06, 2015
Emmanueledu:
Because APC is in power,they can now interpret the constitution to suit them!Very well then am keeping all these for record purpose,cause they say What goes around comes around....
Can you justify the above? I just wanna know
Re: Yahaya Bello Wins Kogi Governorship Election by anigbajumo(m): 9:36am On Dec 06, 2015
khattab02:
Omo ajebotta.........

Ajebotta ke?

I be confirm street Nigga,I don't take it coz it doesn't suit my health.I even wish I could but my body will react to it negatively.....

1 Like

Re: Yahaya Bello Wins Kogi Governorship Election by gidjah(m): 9:43am On Dec 06, 2015
Sacramento4real:

Yes,he did.He came a distance second from Audu.
so the solution is to now abqndon the Faleke and go for d second fidsdle? Will HIS tribe every be happy with the was their own was treated with disdain? Dos this still potray the one Nigeria we all are singing about??. THE HAUSA MAN IN THE NORTH WILL NEVWR ALLOW a northern christain to rule over him, the ialamic man in the NORTH will never ALLOW another muslim from another part from the south or went to rule over him. IS THAT ONE NIGERIA?? or rather one disaccord?? This is the man point i am making!
Re: Yahaya Bello Wins Kogi Governorship Election by khattab02: 9:44am On Dec 06, 2015
anigbajumo:

Ajebotta ke?

I be confirm street Nigga,I don't take it coz it doesn't suit my health.I even wish I could but my body will react to it negatively.....
hmmmm..... Eyah... Sorry! Reminds me of someone who doesn't eat Chicken at all no matter how it is prepared.
Re: Yahaya Bello Wins Kogi Governorship Election by anigbajumo(m): 9:48am On Dec 06, 2015
khattab02:
hmmmm..... Eyah... Sorry! Reminds me of someone who doesn't eat Chicken at all no matter how it is prepared.

Na so nah
Re: Yahaya Bello Wins Kogi Governorship Election by bashydemy(m): 9:49am On Dec 06, 2015
dokiOloye:
Exercise in futility.
Waiting patiently for d courts to quash this sham of an election and order a rerun.
So INEC wants man B to inherit man A's votes?
Why not dash him that his fairly new 18yr old wife too as part of d package?
Ndi ara.
How about this way, The previous election have been cancelled and we will ony use this suppleemtary election and APC still win.

1 Like

Re: Yahaya Bello Wins Kogi Governorship Election by bashydemy(m): 9:51am On Dec 06, 2015
dokiOloye:
That was a whole different scenario.
What the diffrence? How about a situation where Audu was still alive and win the election but Yahaya bello approach the court to counter the primary and win in court..

1 Like

Re: Yahaya Bello Wins Kogi Governorship Election by hamingra: 9:56am On Dec 06, 2015
K
takedat:
I beg top disagree with you. Faleke can claim the supplementary election that brought Bello in is null and void since he has written to INEC and APC to remove his name as a deputy governorship candidate for the supplementary election. INEC and the APC cannot force a candidate to run in an election, and since one cannot run in an election without a complete ticket it makes the election null and void.

Faleke can dispute INEC's claim based on the PVC's distributed and the difference between the votes of Audu/Faleke's and Wada's. Yes, the electoral act only recognises the registered voters but Faleke's legal team will challenge INEC to explain who is a 'Qualified Voter' on an election day. If INEC's argument only supports 'registered voters and not of the use of PVC's, INEC would have shot itself in the leg meaning that elections conducted using PVC's are meaningless and unconstitutional and as such INEC cannot force the electorates to produce a PVC before voting since what they recognize is the registered voters only.

Thirdly, can you claim Bello has fulfilled all the constitutional requirements? Did Bello take part in the more than 2,500 polling units where elections were concluded in November? Isn't that part of the constitutional requirement?

Lastly, when the returning officer for the elections was returning Bello as the winner, he did not say APC alone but said Alhaji Yahya Bello of the APC haven polled the highest number of votes and satisfied all constitutional requirements is thereby returned elected'? Did Yahya Bello in actual sense pull the highest number of votes?

Under the law, Faleke can't withdraw from his position by writing INEC. Same way he can't write to INEC that he is a candidate. Only the parties can do so as INEC only communicates to political parties not contestants.

Legally, Faleke has no grounds to contest the outcome of any election as he was not a candidate. Only candidates and political parties can. For now, he has come to the end of the road. He has 2 options:
1. Continue as deputy to Yahaya Bello. Personally, I would suggest he be impeached immediately as he is not trustworthy.

2. Write his official resignation letter as deputy governor-elect. This is a better option for him as it is an official position he now has.

2 Likes

Re: Yahaya Bello Wins Kogi Governorship Election by Sacramento4real(m): 9:58am On Dec 06, 2015
gidjah:
so the solution is to now abqndon the Faleke and go for d second fidsdle? Will HIS tribe every be happy with the was their own was treated with disdain? Dos this still potray the one Nigeria we all are singing about??. THE HAUSA MAN IN THE NORTH WILL NEVWR ALLOW a northern christain to rule over him, the ialamic man in the NORTH will never ALLOW another muslim from another part from the south or went to rule over him. IS THAT ONE NIGERIA?? or rather one disaccord?? This is the man point i am making!
It is only Rational for Apc to Field Bello.They couldn't have replaced Audu with Faleke.Bello came second in the primaries.If Faleke had participated in the primaries,even though he came last with only one vote,it would have being easy to field him as a replacement for Audu.

1 Like

Re: Yahaya Bello Wins Kogi Governorship Election by fujirice: 10:05am On Dec 06, 2015
Mjshexy:
Long expected, there was no way we would have given PDP a chance again in that state, we only had an effigy as a governor in that state for the past 4 years, in fact the past 16yrs of pdp was a disaster in kogi and if APC won't perform better, then we give kowa a chance shikena. Things must change & power must rotate, it's not any tribe's birthright...
Funny how you guys quickly quote that PDP misruled Nigeria for 16 years. If I may ask who were running things back then. The Abubakar Audu that APC presented did he come from the moon? Didn't he contribute to the so called 16 years of misrule? See ehn, our problem is not "a party" but the people that constitute the parties. The last time I checked 80% of the people that left PDP is now in the APC. Congratulations to Yahaya Bello anyway. Don't know why APC didn't field him in the first instance.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Dimeji Bankole Celebrates His 51st Birthday Today / Young Fulani Bandits In Full Military Regalia And Armed With AK47 Riffle (video) / Picture Of Hot And Beautiful Ladies Campaigning For Buhari/osinbajo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.