Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,735 members, 7,955,794 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 03:16 PM

EFCC Nabs Amnesty Office Consultants, Contractors Over N1bn Scam - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EFCC Nabs Amnesty Office Consultants, Contractors Over N1bn Scam (809 Views)

Amnesty Office Seeks Presidential Nod To Disarm Arepo Pipeline Vandals, Others / EFCC Arrests Amnesty Office Consultants And Contractors Over Billion Naira Scam / Nigerian Army Nabs Fake General Alleged To Be Boko Haram Sponsor (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

EFCC Nabs Amnesty Office Consultants, Contractors Over N1bn Scam by wachakuta(m): 12:02pm On Dec 06, 2015
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission(EFCC) has arrested eight consultants/contractors of the Presidential Amnesty Programme, Daily Trust has gather‎ed.

According a source in the EFCC the suspects arrested include: Kanmi Adediran, Tumo Yetunde. Collins Omokhojie, Oluboye Adedokun, Ugala Jaachinma, Olukoya Olusegun Godwin, Oyinmi-ebi Bribena and Olukayode Raimi.

Daily Trust learnt  ‎that they were taken into custody early today (Sunday) and are still being quizzed by a team of operatives at the Abuja headquarters of the EFCC.

The source further disclosed that the arrest of the suspects is in continuation of the Commission’s investigation of the tenure of Kingsley Kuku as head of the Presidential Amnesty Office. 

Kuku has been out of the country for health reason after news of the investigation was reported in the media.

Daily Trust gathered that the suspects are being grilled over issues of contract scam running into billion of naira, as their companies are alleged to have underperformed after collecting heavy mobilization fees from the Amnesty office. 

‎"In some of the cases, almost 95 percent of the contract value was paid the contractors, yet the structures on ground are a far cry from the amount collected," the source said.

It further said: "It is also being alleged that most of the contracts did not follow due process, ‎Among the contracts affected include the ones for the vocational training centres in Ondo and Bayelsa State."

Some of the companies fingered in the alleged scam include, Delse  Project Limited, Masterpiece Construction Company Limited, Eternity Consult Limited, Zomy Civil Construction Limited and Tolsega Consul Nigeria Limited. Others are Stracosplan, Sourme Global Creations limited, Riddle Construction Limited and Revelation Pact Limited

EFCC nabs amnesty office consultants, contractors over N1bn scam
http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/fcc-nabs-amnesty-office-consultants-contractors-over-n1bn-scam/122863.html
Re: EFCC Nabs Amnesty Office Consultants, Contractors Over N1bn Scam by wachakuta(m): 12:03pm On Dec 06, 2015
Now I Understand why 30 new Judges were sworn in during d week...
EFCC prison is getting over stretched

4 Likes

Re: EFCC Nabs Amnesty Office Consultants, Contractors Over N1bn Scam by CharlyNick: 12:03pm On Dec 06, 2015
Judgement season for all Looters cheesy
Re: EFCC Nabs Amnesty Office Consultants, Contractors Over N1bn Scam by LuckyLadolce(m): 12:04pm On Dec 06, 2015
Good
Re: EFCC Nabs Amnesty Office Consultants, Contractors Over N1bn Scam by orobs93(m): 12:05pm On Dec 06, 2015
Catching thieves everyday

Thank God
We will never hear so so and so billions of naira missing again
Re: EFCC Nabs Amnesty Office Consultants, Contractors Over N1bn Scam by nnadychuks(m): 12:12pm On Dec 06, 2015
abeg, ab.oki! Give me #20 coconut dia make i take soak this garri.. Mtchew!!
Re: EFCC Nabs Amnesty Office Consultants, Contractors Over N1bn Scam by Nairadean(m): 12:23pm On Dec 06, 2015
Who's or are the next scammer (s)? Scam here, scam there. There's no scam I've seen below 1 billion naira in most recent probes. Some are stinkingly rich with the money of poor and average Nigerians. END TIME
Re: EFCC Nabs Amnesty Office Consultants, Contractors Over N1bn Scam by Khd95(m): 12:25pm On Dec 06, 2015
nnadychuks:
abeg, ab.oki! Give me #20 coconut dia make i take soak this garri.. Mtchew!!
owga,walahi tsalahi,kwokwonut i don kwost,make i sell am for u sebinty nairagrin
Re: EFCC Nabs Amnesty Office Consultants, Contractors Over N1bn Scam by Khd95(m): 12:29pm On Dec 06, 2015
Dat guy dat wants to buy #20 coconut frm abo.kigrin....b like say na wailer,the news no sweet im bele at all,as long as it's buhari's administrationcheesy
Re: EFCC Nabs Amnesty Office Consultants, Contractors Over N1bn Scam by nnadychuks(m): 12:29pm On Dec 06, 2015
Khd95:

owga,walahi tsalahi,kwokwonut i don kwost,make i sell am for u sebinty nairagrin
hahahahahahahahah.. You funny gan

1 Like

Re: EFCC Nabs Amnesty Office Consultants, Contractors Over N1bn Scam by Nobody: 12:53pm On Dec 06, 2015
Great action
Re: EFCC Nabs Amnesty Office Consultants, Contractors Over N1bn Scam by 9ijaprince(m): 12:58pm On Dec 06, 2015
To even imagine that there is a pastor among the consultants tells us how morally bankrupt our society is.
Re: EFCC Nabs Amnesty Office Consultants, Contractors Over N1bn Scam by gentledavid(m): 1:14pm On Dec 06, 2015
I fear pastors these days...dem dey strike any deal
Re: EFCC Nabs Amnesty Office Consultants, Contractors Over N1bn Scam by BCISLTD007: 2:58pm On Dec 06, 2015
And the "nabbing " continues

(1) (Reply)

#TSA Service Charge: 8th Senate Vindicated / The Shia, El-zakzaky And The North / Video: Prof Akin Blasts PMB On Appointment Of Education Ministers.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.