Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,998 members, 7,838,512 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:08 AM

The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) (24938 Views)

Football Transfer Deadline Day 2013 - Live Updates / Mikel Obi Told Robben He Would Miss The Penalty / The 2009/10 UEFA Champions League Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by tkb417(m): 9:13am On Jul 14, 2009
if you believe Roman will cough out 70mills euros this season to land a player, then u will believe im the President of World Bank grin grin
Roman hasnt done any 20mills (GBP) deal after Shevy!!

check
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by RuuDie(m): 9:38am On Jul 14, 2009
Tottenham are being tipped with a shock swoop for former Arsenal hero Patrick Vieira. The 33-year-old is set to leave Inter and Sunderland were thought to be an option after Birmingham were ruled out. But after the sale of Didier Zokora, boss Harry Redknapp wants some experience to bolster the midfield. . .
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by RuuDie(m): 9:43am On Jul 14, 2009
Klaas-Jan Huntelaar is reportedly stalling on his move to Stuttgart from Real Madrid as he waits for Spurs to make a concrete offer. The German side have tabled a £16m bid but Huntelaar is not happy with the wages on offer and would also rather play in England.
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by tayoccu(m): 2:28pm On Jul 14, 2009
wetin Wenger dey look now?
sell Ade and buy Huntelaar. angry
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by khanye(m): 5:54pm On Jul 14, 2009
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by biina: 6:32pm On Jul 15, 2009
AC Milan Can't Afford Luis Fabiano - Sevilla President
Negotiations between Sevilla and Milan for striker Luis Fabiano are on the verge of collapsing, after the Spanish outfit's president, Jose Maria Del Nido, claimed the Italian outfit do not have the funds necessary for the Brazilian hitman.
The Rossoneri have reportedly come to an agreement with investment firm RIO, that owns a majority 65 per cent of the striker, but talks with Sevilla have been more difficult after they have seen at least one bid rejected.
"Milan do not have the money to acquire Luis Fabiano," he bluntly explained, according to Goal.com Espana.
"The first offer we received was worthy of a reserve team player."
The club patron now seems confident that the Confederations Cup hero will continue to ply his trade for the Rojiblancos.
"Luis has renewed his contract with us. I think he will remain in Seville for the next two years," he concluded.
The player himself has stated his desire to join the Rossoneri, but it appears the Serie A side are unwilling to reach the Andalucian club's asking price, which is rumoured to be in the region of €20 million.
http://www.goal.com/en/news/10/italy/2009/07/15/1384157/ac-milan-cant-afford-luis-fabiano-sevilla-president

Wetin dem wan come do with the Kaka Money?
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by biina: 6:39pm On Jul 15, 2009
Manchester City Target Emmanuel Adebayor Granted Work Permit - Report
The Togolese has moved a significant step closer to his Eastlands switch,
Emmanuel Adebayor has been granted a work permit, as he edges closer to a move to Manchester City from Arsenal, according to a report from Sky Sports News.
The striker was reported as being close to a move, after passing a medical in Manchester earlier today, with the fee agreed between the Gunners and the Mancunians a reported a £25 million.
Adebayor stands to earn a staggering £170,000 a week at Eastlands, an amount reputedly double what he currently takes home from the Emirates.
Adebayor will follow Gareth Barry, Roque Santa Cruz and Carlos Tevez into the City of Manchester Stadium, as the Citizens enjoy a busy and big-spending summer in the transfer market, with Chelsea defender John Terry still reportedly in their sights.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/9/england/2009/07/15/1384427/breaking-news-manchester-city-target-emmanuel-adebayor
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by biina: 9:19pm On Jul 15, 2009
Barca land Maxwell
Barcelona have made their first signing of a quiet close-season with the acquisition of Inter Milan defender Maxwell.
While arch rivals Real Madrid have been responsible for unprecedented spending following a trophyless campaign, Treble winners Barca have seemingly been content with their lot.
Barca boss Pep Guardiola is expected to make signings though and it is Brazilian Maxwell that becomes his first of the summer for a €5million (£4.3m) fee.
The Catalan giants have been on the lookout for a new left-back following the departure of veteran Sylvinho.
Maxwell, who made 33 appearances for the Italian champions last season, is the man they have plumped for after negotiations with Deportivo La Coruna for Filipe Luis failed to yield an accord.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11860_5435522,00.html
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by khanye(m): 11:50am On Jul 16, 2009
Bayern Munich Defender Lucio Joins Inter - OFFICIAL
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by hustler(m): 6:05pm On Jul 16, 2009
Nothing i like most than when clubs seal transfers quietly like Inter just did with Lucio.

He will complement Samuel and challenge Cordoba for a starting shirt since Cordoba's age is neginning to tell.

Good move especially as Carvalho was over priced.

Does anyone know where Ribery is going, if he will ever go. Valencia, Pls release David Villa,
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by mukina2: 7:07pm On Jul 16, 2009
Dayo . . cheesy fear dey catch your club oh grin grin

Bayern Munich general manager Uli Hoeness has threatened to report Real Madrid to FIFA if the Spanish club continue in their bid to sign Franck Ribery.

Franck Ribery

Franck Ribery: "Real Madrid or nothing" was his plea.

Madrid are keen to make the 26-year-old their fourth galactico signing of the summer following the arrivals of Kaka, Cristiano Ronaldo and Karim Benzema.

The Primera Division giants have been relentless in their pursuit of Ribery despite Bayern's repeated insistence the France midfielder is not for sale and Hoeness is coming to the end of his tether.

"Madrid have lost respect," he told Spanish sports daily AS. "If this continues we will report them to FIFA.

"People such as (Emilio) Butragueno or (Zinedine) Zidane are speaking out and they should not be doing so because they are talking about a player who has a contract with us.

"The only legitimate people to talk are Florentino Perez and Jorge Valdano.

"We will report the Madrid club to FIFA if they continue like this.

"We haven't done so yet because of respect for Butragueno and Jose Luis Lopez Serrano."

Hoeness also revealed today that a deadline imposed on the possible sale of Ribery has now expired.

The Bayern chief claims that Madrid, as well as other clubs who had signalled their interest in the Frenchman, had been informed of the deadline, which expired before the start of the Bundesliga club's pre-season training camp in Donaueschingen today.

"It has been clearly formulated that Franck is staying with us," Hoeness told a press conference today. "There was a 14-day deadline set for the Ribery issue [to be resolved] and this expired yesterday.

"All of the clubs knew about that."

Hoeness also took a swipe at Ribery's agent, who has been trying to force a move for his client.

"He should finally have understood that you cannot get around Bayern Munich like you can with other clubs," he added.

Ribery is currently unable to train fully because of a knee injury which forced him to break off training for the second time on Monday, but should slowly return to action during their two-week stay in Donaueschingen.

However, he is unlikely to be fit for this weekend's mini tournament with Schalke, Hamburg and Stuttgart in Gelsenkirchen.

"Real Madrid or nothing" grin
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by biina: 9:14pm On Jul 16, 2009
Premier League - Downing completes Villa switch
England winger Stewart Downing has completed his move to Aston Villa from relegated Middlesbrough.
Downing makes his return to the Premier League for a £12 million fee after completing his club medical despite recovering from a broken foot - ironically sustained against Villa at the end of last season - that will keep him sidelined for around three months.
Middlesbrough were relegated to the Championship on the final day of last season, and Downing cited his need to remain in the top flight in order to book his place at next summer's World Cup as the primary motive for leaving his hometown club.
He said: "That's my aim, to get back to full fitness, get back playing and get myself in the England team for the World Cup."
"I don't just want to go there (South Africa) to sit it out this time either. I want to be in the team. I loved the last World Cup, it was brilliant, but I want to play a bigger part this time.
"I have to be with a good Premier League side if I want to do that."
Downing, who made well over 200 appearances for Boro during his eight years at the club, also praised the club and its manager, Martin O'Neill.
"As soon as I spoke to the manager at the training ground, I wanted to play for Villa and I wanted to play for him," he said. "He has great ambition and wants to build a good squad to take the club forward. I want to be part of that.
"As an outsider looking in, it was obvious that Villa were a club on the up. You can see a chairman and manager who want to build great things.
"They have done that over the past few seasons, particularly by finishing sixth last time around, which was great."
"Leaving Boro feels strange because I've always been at the club. I supported them when I was young and I'll always be a fan."
Boro manager Gareth Southgate, who rejected Downing's transfer request in January when Tottenham Hotspur made an offer, said: "I felt that for the last year or so Stewart has been looking to move to another club and I think it was impossible for us to stand in his way at this time.
"From my point of view, I have loved working with Stewart. He has played very well for his home-town club."

http://eurosport.yahoo.com/16072009/58/premier-league-downing-completes-villa-switch.html
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by biina: 9:26pm On Jul 16, 2009
Valencia reject €42 million bid for David Villa from Barcelona
http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=es&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.as.com%2Ffutbol%2F

David Villa's Agent To Call Valencia President
According to Superdeporte, José Luis Tamargo, agent of David Villa, will call Valencia president, Manuel Llorente, today to discuss a possible exit from the club.
Tamargo will reportedly ask Llorente whether Valencia have decided the sum that would be required to prize Villa, and then inform Barcelona of it so that they can lodge a new offer.
Reports earlier on Thursday suggested that Villa was considering a lower contract with Barcelona if it helped the Catalan club meet Los Che's asking price.
If Tamargo is told that his charge is "untransferable", than it is believed he will ask the reason why he was on the market earlier this summer, when Real Madrid were interested in his signature
http://www.goal.com/en-india/news/222/transfer-zone/2009/07/16/1386167/david-villas-agent-to-call-valencia-president-report
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by romeo(m): 6:22am On Jul 17, 2009
well Barca just signed Ibramovic from Inter for 40 million, while Eto'o moves over to Inter
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by FBS: 6:29am On Jul 17, 2009
[center]Lucio off to Inter[/center]
Bayern Munich have confirmed the sale of defender Lucio to Italian champions Inter Milan. The Brazilian will put pen to paper on a three-year deal in Milan, according to Bayern's general manager Uli Hoeness.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=661130&sec=transfers&cc=5739

Now I wonder what Dayokanu will say? grin
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by FBS: 6:35am On Jul 17, 2009
romeo:

well Barca just signed Ibramovic from Inter for 40 million, while Eto'o moves over to Inter
Yet to be confirmed.  cool
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by biina: 7:55am On Jul 17, 2009
Shakhtar Donetsk Defender Chygrynsky Turns Down Barcelona Move shocked shocked shocked
Dmytro Chygrynsky has rejected the chance to join Barcelona after the Catalan club made an enquiry about his availability.
Shakhtar Donetsk's vice-captain opted to stay with the Ukrainian club in order to further his career rather than push for a move to the European champions.
Barca asked if they could speak to the player about a move, but Chygrynsky turned down the chance to hold talks and is keen to help his current side improve
"I fully understand that Barcelona doesn't make such proposals everyday just to anyone. This is an important moment," Chygrynsky told his club's official website.
"It may be that I won't have such an opportunity again in my career. On the other hand, if I prove to myself that I am worthy of such a proposal, I will raise the bar of my ability."

Form is nothing, class is everything  grin grin grin grin grin
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by biina: 8:02am On Jul 17, 2009
Barcelona Sign Ibrahimovic From Inter For €40m Plus Eto’o - Spanish Press
Barcelona have reportedly concluded the transfer of Zlatan Ibrahimovic from Inter.
According to Sport, Joan Laporta, Txiki Begiristain and Raul Sanllehi met with Massimo Moratti late on Thursday and an agreement was reached around midnight.
The transfer will see the Blaugrana part with €40 million plus Samuel Eto’o and Aliaksandr Hleb, with the Belarussian joining the Nerazzurri on a loan spell.
The Barcelona-based daily believes that Inter had initially informed the Blaugrana that Ibrahimovic was keen on moving to the Camp Nou, at which point the Catalan club contacted Eto’o, who immediately gave the part-exchange deal the green light.
And when Barca’s own negotiations with Valencia for David Villa all but collapsed, Laporta promptly contacted Moratti to arrange an emergency meeting last night upon receiving a request from the head coach, Pep Guardiola, to conclude the deal as soon as possible.
It is also speculated that ‘Ibracadabra’ will take a pay-cut in order to play for ‘El Tricampeon’ – and also ensure that he does not eclipse Lionel Messi – while Eto’o has allegedly demanded €13m from the San Siro outfit for a period of five years, or €65 million in total. 

http://www.goal.com/en/news/12/spain/2009/07/17/1387285/barcelona-sign-ibrahimovic-from-inter-for-40m-plus-etoo
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by FBS: 8:28am On Jul 17, 2009
all na story. yet to be confirmed by both parties. meanwhile Ibra is with Inter in the US for pre-season.
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by RuuDie(m): 9:29am On Jul 17, 2009
Eto'o milk all 'em dry jare!
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by tayoccu(m): 10:38am On Jul 17, 2009
that eto'o boy is daft jare, instead of moving to city where he'll be treated like a "god", he effed up, now barca wan use am do part exchange.
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by FBS: 10:44am On Jul 17, 2009
tayoccu:

that eto'o boy is daft jare, instead of moving to city where he'll be treated like a "god", he effed up, now barca wan use am do part exchange.
he wants to play in the champions league.
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by tayoccu(m): 12:23pm On Jul 17, 2009
well. . .
but is being treated like "excess luggage" worth the chance to play in the UCL?
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by RuuDie(m): 12:49pm On Jul 17, 2009
tayoccu:

well. . .
but is being treated like "excess luggage" worth the chance to play in the UCL?
tayoccu:

u neva know. . . . he just might be getting a good bargain outta all this - a fat pay packet after tax and UCL footie too; though i really hate the idea of him playing under JM, who might want to turn him into a gra gra player!
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by tayoccu(m): 12:56pm On Jul 17, 2009
I don't think jm "the loud mouth" will turn him into a gra gra player, @ least he didn't turn zlatan into 1.
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by FBS: 1:21pm On Jul 17, 2009
tayoccu:

I don't think jm "the loud mouth" will turn him into a gra gra player, @ least he didn't turn zlatan into 1.
tell them ooh.
There must definitely be a reason why he rejected the Man City deal (UCL means a lot to some player if you don't know). Truely he would 've been worshiped there.
But again, I don't understand why barca are treating their most consistent player like this?
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by tayoccu(m): 1:28pm On Jul 17, 2009
the success is beginning to get into their heads.
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by FBS: 1:37pm On Jul 17, 2009
tayoccu:

the success is beginning to get into their heads.
pity then. . .
sha the deal is yet to be confirmed.
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by tayoccu(m): 1:50pm On Jul 17, 2009
leave them by the time real bitch slap them a little dem eye go clear.
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by FBS: 2:11pm On Jul 17, 2009
The La Liga should be very entertaining this year. With all that spending, RM must win something. if na wayo, bribing match officials them go do, . . .we go see.  grin

more than a month before the season starts.
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by khanye(m): 2:24pm On Jul 17, 2009
haterz don come here again
oga ooooo
Forza Barca jor tongue
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by tayoccu(m): 2:31pm On Jul 17, 2009
I knew khanye'd be drawn to this like a shark to blood. grin

but no one's hating barca (@ least i'm not) I just don't like the way you guys r treating eto'o.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (21) (Reply)

Chelsea Vs Maccabi Tel Aviv: UCL (4 - 0) On 16th September 2015 / Arsenal Vs Aston Villa (0 - 2) On 14th April 2024 / Sunderland Vs. Manchester United (1 - 1) On 24th August 2014

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.