Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,239 members, 7,836,147 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:31 PM

The Power Of Sanctification - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Power Of Sanctification (1953 Views)

Sanctification And Consecration / The Error Of Once Experience Of Sanctification / Sanctification Before Holyghost Baptism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Power Of Sanctification by MzPecs(f): 12:22pm On Dec 06, 2015
May God have mercy upon me as i'm not qualified to speak on sanctification but thank God for grace.

Sanctification is God's will for us(1Thess.4:3). Sanctification means to be holy and be separated unto God. Our level of sanctification determines our level of glorification because our God is glorious in holiness.
SIN HINDERS SANCTIFICATION
Sin is pleasurable but for a moment: Sin is very sweet but the consequences are forever(heb.11:24). The pleasure of sin is but for a season but the punishment is everlasting. The truth is bitter but it makes us better.

Sin is deceptive: We know about how the devil through the serpent deceived eve to eat of the apple of sin and temptation.

How to fight sin
•Pray for the endowment of the spirit of holiness: This spirit of holiness stands as an arrow to fight any form of temptation of the devil that comes our way. (Rom.1:4)
•By continuous fellowship: No matter how spiritually active we are and we miss church for at least 2weeks, we'll be vulnerable for sin. Fellowship is the cure for sinful nature.
•Finally be sanctified, sanctification guarantees answers to prayers. (Ps.66:18)
Sanctification only now becomes a reality because now you can be sanctified as christ removes from your heart the evil desires and tendencies. Sanctification is not a 5minute fix, it is the work of a life time.

So many of us now are preparing for SHILOH 2015 and Holy Ghost congress, what shall it profit you to go to camp, sleep on the ground in camp, dance, praise, pray to God and then God doesn't answer your prayers. Your prayers and everything will seem like a noise to God. Think about it!

May God help us all and give us the grace to be sanctified and remain sanctified unto God.

God bless us all!
Merry Christmas!!! smiley

2 Likes

Re: The Power Of Sanctification by analice107: 3:32pm On Dec 06, 2015
Sis.
godliness is not the state of sinlessness, but a desperate press to please God.

The difference between you, a christian who falls into sin and a Sinner is;

when you sin, your new nature kicks in and revolts. guilt sets in. you cry and ask for forgiveness. you get up, identify that loophole, determine to cover it up, and carry on.

But, a sinner, is the one who still has the nature of sin like a cloak. He calls sin enjoyment.

Take for instance, a girl who follows a man out for a date.

she eats everything in the showcase, take some away. drink and gets drunk, all in the bit to tell her friends "I Chop the guy", but the guy takes her home sleeps with her.

Becos, she is used to been slept with for free, she feels a guy who spends on her is stupid. she doesn't realize her worth. so she gets back and gists her friends how much she " Chopped the guy". but the guy took much more.

A sinner, is in a state of guiltlessness. very dangerous state to be.

Another example is King Saul and David.
What were King Saul's sins? What were David's sins?

when Saul sins, he gives excuses. but wen David sins, he breaks down and cry asking for forgiveness.

what am I saying? You are not a sinner, you may fall once in a while. that doesn't make u a sinner.

Only the Sanctified are ordained for Glorification.

Heaven On Earth.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Power Of Sanctification by MzPecs(f): 6:09pm On Dec 06, 2015
analice107:
Sis.
godliness is not the state of sinlessness, but a desperate press to please God.

The difference between you, a christian who falls into sin and a Sinner is;

when you sin, your new nature kicks in and revolts. guilt sets in. you cry and ask for forgiveness. you get up, identify that loophole, determine to cover it up, and carry on.

But, a sinner, is the one who still has the nature of sin like a cloak. He calls sin enjoyment.

Take for instance, a girl who follows a man out for a date.

she eats everything in the showcase, take some away. drink and gets drunk, all in the bit to tell her friends "I Chop the guy", but the guy takes her home sleeps with her.

Becos, she is used to been slept with for free, she feels a guy who spends on her is stupid. she doesn't realize her worth. so she gets back and gists her friends how much she " Chopped the guy". but the guy took much more.

A sinner, is in a state of guiltlessness. very dangerous state to be.

Another example is King Saul and David.
What were King Saul's sins? What were David's sins?

when Saul sins, he gives excuses. but wen David sins, he breaks down and cry asking for forgiveness.

what am I saying? You are not a sinner, you may fall once in a while. that doesn't make u a sinner.

Only the Sanctified are ordained for Glorification.

Heaven On Earth.
Wonders without end..

Hope you're preparing well for SHILOH?
Bless you.
Re: The Power Of Sanctification by emmaboy33(m): 6:58pm On Dec 06, 2015
Sanctification is a prerequisite for glorification.... Heaven on earth ppl of God....Don't miss Shiloh for anything
Re: The Power Of Sanctification by analice107: 11:55pm On Dec 06, 2015
I will dead to miss Shilo.
Re: The Power Of Sanctification by analice107: 11:56pm On Dec 06, 2015
I will be dead to miss Shilo.
Re: The Power Of Sanctification by PastorAji(m): 8:21am On Dec 16, 2015
@MzPecs which of the LFCWW/WCI do you attend?

I Rep Moniya Ibadan branch
Re: The Power Of Sanctification by MzPecs(f): 9:32am On Dec 16, 2015
PastorAji:
@MzPecs which of the LFCWW/WCI do you attend?

I Rep Moniya Ibadan branch
Ifon-erin. Osun state.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Power Of Sanctification by DangotePikin: 1:12pm On Dec 18, 2015
Concerning your life, there shall be no loss. Pastor Innocent Odianosen.
Re: The Power Of Sanctification by yinkson(m): 10:45pm On Jan 27, 2016
MzPecs:
May God have mercy upon me as i'm not qualified to speak on sanctification but thank God for grace.

I believe this was just copied and pasted

for the fun of posting
Re: The Power Of Sanctification by MzPecs(f): 10:47pm On Jan 27, 2016
yinkson:

I believe this was just copied and pasted...That's all
Do you go bout checking people's profile?
Re: The Power Of Sanctification by yinkson(m): 10:53pm On Jan 27, 2016
MzPecs:

Do you go bout checking people's profile?

Your comments drew my attention though
Re: The Power Of Sanctification by MzPecs(f): 10:55pm On Jan 27, 2016
yinkson:

Your comments drew my attention though
Ok
Re: The Power Of Sanctification by yinkson(m): 10:56pm On Jan 27, 2016
MzPecs:

Ok

And why d question...if I may ask
Re: The Power Of Sanctification by MzPecs(f): 1:58pm On Jul 22, 2016

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Meaning Of This Strong Name / I Am An Atheist, How Will I Escape The Upcoming Ramadan Fasting / Rccg Sunday School Manual,sunday,14th May,2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.