Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,453 members, 7,816,050 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:06 AM

Sanctification Before Holyghost Baptism - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Sanctification Before Holyghost Baptism (1495 Views)

Pastor Drowns While Conducting Baptism At Blood River Village In South Africa / The Power Of Sanctification / How To Receive HOLY GHOST Baptism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sanctification Before Holyghost Baptism by MhizVee(f): 4:46pm On Aug 17, 2015
Sanctification before holyghost baptism,is it compulsory
Re: Sanctification Before Holyghost Baptism by Scholar8200(m): 4:52pm On Aug 17, 2015
Sorry, what is sanctification?
Re: Sanctification Before Holyghost Baptism by MhizVee(f): 4:55pm On Aug 17, 2015
Sanctification means being totally free frm sins
Scholar8200:
Sorry, what is sanctification?
Re: Sanctification Before Holyghost Baptism by MhizVee(f): 4:59pm On Aug 17, 2015
Ayoku777 shed more light on these
Re: Sanctification Before Holyghost Baptism by Scholar8200(m): 4:59pm On Aug 17, 2015
MhizVee:
Sanctification means being totally free frm sins
Can you support this definition with Bible reference(s)?
Re: Sanctification Before Holyghost Baptism by MhizVee(f): 5:02pm On Aug 17, 2015
Hmm scratches eyes,sanctify me true and true;thy word is truth
Scholar8200:
Can you support this definition with Bible reference(s)?
Re: Sanctification Before Holyghost Baptism by MhizVee(f): 5:05pm On Aug 17, 2015
Can anyone strictly tell me the difference between sanctification and salvation.sam can u shed more light on these
Re: Sanctification Before Holyghost Baptism by Nobody: 5:08pm On Aug 17, 2015
Sanctification is a daily process..., and that you need the Holy Spirit for thorough sanctification underlines the fact that the baptism of the holy Spirit can take place infact immediately after believing upon the Lord while sanctification is a daily process of carrying the cross and following Jesus through His word everyday. Titus 3vs5. Romans 12vs 1-2.
Re: Sanctification Before Holyghost Baptism by MhizVee(f): 5:11pm On Aug 17, 2015
Thnks
Samakinr:
Sanctification is a daily process..., and that you need the Holy Spirit for thorough sanctification underlines the fact the baptism of the holy Spirit can take place infact immediately after believing upon the Lord while sanctification is a daily process of carrying the cross and following Jesus through His word everyday. Titus 3vs5. Romans 12vs 1-2
Re: Sanctification Before Holyghost Baptism by Scholar8200(m): 5:22pm On Aug 17, 2015
Sanctification is also called purification of heart and it is as instantaneous as salvation but of course both gifts of grace allows for growth but there is a point of entry!
See Acts 15:8,9
8 And God, which knoweth the hearts, bare them witness, giving them the Holy Ghost, even as he did unto us;

9 And put no difference between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith.

Peter here describes two separate Blessing given to Cornelius and his household. It is also called Circumcision of heart:

Deuteronomy 30:6
And the Lord thy God will circumcise thine heart, and the heart of thy seed, to love the Lord thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, that thou mayest live.

Notice the effects of sanctification: a supreme love for God, as it were, an enabling to keep the greatest commandment and the fulfilling of the law. The same blessing was alluded to as the Substance of the New Covenant in Jeremiah 31:33

But this is the covenant which I will make with the house of Israel: After those days, says the Lord, I will put My law within them, and on their hearts will I write it; and I will be their God, and they will be My people.

Daily self-denial and bearing of the cross are expected of all disciples (by the Lord) but Christ saw it fit to intercede for this Gift for His disciples (John 17:17) now and then, in fact, it is one of the benefits of Christ's death on the Cross:

Hebrews 13:12
Wherefore Jesus also, that he might sanctify the people with his own blood, suffered without the gate.

1 Like

Re: Sanctification Before Holyghost Baptism by MhizVee(f): 5:24pm On Aug 17, 2015
Thnks
Scholar8200:
Sanctification is also called purification of heart and it is as instantaneous as salvation but of course both gifts of grace allows for growth but there is a point of entry!
See Acts 15:8,9
8 And God, which knoweth the hearts, bare them witness, giving them the Holy Ghost, even as he did unto us;

9 And put no difference between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith.

Peter here describes two separate Blessing given to Cornelius and his household. It is also called Circumcision of heart:

Deuteronomy 30:6
And the Lord thy God will circumcise thine heart, and the heart of thy seed, to love the Lord thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, that thou mayest live.

Daily self-denial and bearing of the cross are expected of all disciples (by the Lord) but Christ saw it fit to intercede for this Gift for His disciples (John 17:17) now and then, in fact, it is one of the benefits of Christ's death on the Cross:

Hebrews 13:12
Wherefore Jesus also, that he might sanctify the people with his own blood, suffered without the gate.

Re: Sanctification Before Holyghost Baptism by David0(m): 5:27pm On Aug 17, 2015
My understanding of this is that;

Sanctification is not been totally free, but rather it's a process of attaining total freedom from sin.
And total freedom from sin implies a stage whr temptation to sin no longer have power over u. But u sure needs God's grace to remain on that stage. That's y we ask God everyday to sanctify us, dats is to groom us, correct us, teach us, make us holy n ready for His coming that we may not fall by the way side.

From the stories in the Bible of how ppl gave their life to Christ and were Baptised immediately, I think dat shud b the answer to ur question.

We have churches who expect u to go thru baptismal class before bn baptized which I personally don't support. What happens if that person dies before baptism, will he make heaven or not? Dat is another question. But I think when u give ur life to Christ, stop whatever ur doing and get baptized. The Bible never said give ur life to Christ and ur saved, but Give ur life to Christ n b baptized by the holy spirit.

U might be held responsible for d soul of one, if he dies before baptism due to ur unnecessary delay.

Just my bit.
Re: Sanctification Before Holyghost Baptism by MhizVee(f): 6:09pm On Aug 17, 2015
Hmm
David0:
My understanding of this is that;

Sanctification is not been totally free, but rather it's a process of attaining total freedom from sin.
And total freedom from sin implies a stage whr temptation to sin no longer have power over u. But u sure needs God's grace to remain on that stage. That's y we ask God everyday to sanctify us, dats is to groom us, correct us, teach us, make us holy n ready for His coming that we may not fall by the way side.

From the stories in the Bible of how ppl gave their life to Christ and were Baptised immediately, I think dat shud b the answer to ur question.

We have churches who expect u to go thru baptismal class before bn baptized which I personally don't support. What happens if that person dies before baptism, will he make heaven or not? Dat is another question. But I think when u give ur life to Christ, stop whatever ur doing and get baptized. The Bible never said give ur life to Christ and ur saved, but Give ur life to Christ n b baptized by the holy spirit.

U might be held responsible for d soul of one, if he dies before baptism due to ur unnecessary delay.

Just my bit.

(1) (Reply)

Pastor Forcefully Converts All His Members To Islam(photos) / ’’tell My Children Not To Work On Sundays” / If You Are To Become A Biblical Personality, Who Will It Be?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.