Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,141 members, 7,821,893 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:03 PM

What Has Religion Done For/to The Human Race? Is Religion A Scam? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Has Religion Done For/to The Human Race? Is Religion A Scam? (876 Views)

What Exactly Has Religion Done For Humanity / Has Religion Caused More Harm Than Good / What Has Religion Done For Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Has Religion Done For/to The Human Race? Is Religion A Scam? by ournaijablog(f): 1:09pm On Dec 06, 2015
What has religion done for the human race? How does one choose their religion? What are the criteria for being religious? I have found myself thinking about this the more I grow older and wondering if religion has done more harm than god in our society.

I was born in a Christian home so automatically I became a Christian, ‘a Catholic Christian’. Every Sunday my dad{God bless his soul} would wake us up for the 5am mass, so by 4am we were up and by 4:30am we were on our way to church by foot with our rosary and hymn book in hand, we had God on our side so we weren’t scared of the dangers of leaving home that early.
I have had so many doubts about the Christian faith, sometimes I would want to think they are hypocrites who preach love with fire and brimstone but never practice it, most of these churches never marry from other denominations saying it is against their ethics, aren’t we all serving one God? I have been told by these lots that because I do not go to church I have a special place in hell fire reserved for me ‘can’t I worship God in my abode?.

Most Christian churches are scam, they manipulate you, give you problems you do not have and extort you. Few weeks back I read about a pastor who was caught in porthacourt for fake arranged miracles, how low can one go to dupe others who have sincere problems, the reason I stopped going to church was I no more understood what they were preaching about because all I kept here was ‘PROSPERITY’ ‘MTCN’ ‘MONEYGRAM’I don’t have anyone abroad how can I be expecting mtcn and moneygram well we all know who they are referring to, and ‘VISA’. And ‘DIE DIE DIE’, most criminals come to church to give testimonies and corrupt politicians come to grease the hands of these men of God well as long as you’re rich you are righteous and holy. After all these proclamations then come the ridiculous taxation known as offering, now am not saying this is bad but it becomes dubious when you have to give about 5 different offerings and you don’t know what they are for. You hear the pastor say things like do not embarrass God with your offering, give him something that will move him, don’t give God 100 or 200 naira, my God is not a 20 naira God neither is h a 50 naira God, move the lord I say move him; damn how will my offering move God when I don’t even have in the first place.

An old friend of mine told me about a particular church she and her mother went to in search of miracles, this church is along badagry expressway “Barracks’” precisely and the owner of this church all his family members are pastorpreneurs, well you might know this church or not I do not care but the extortion going on in most of this churches are ludicrous. This pastor had poured anointing oil on the ground and said “those who want to give the lord 500,000 should come out they would be the first to touch this miracle oil and their blessings will surpass others” well you should see the crowd that came out, this pastor went on till he got to 200 naira, my friend and her mother rushed out to go drop their money and touch the already finished oil, well, their life is still the same or maybe their money wasn’t enough for God.

Congregants are coerced to give all they have to their pastors, I know they would say they do it willing but they do not know about the power of manipulation, they give out their houses, cars, and most times their ATM all in the name of pleasing the man of God, and then these men of God buy houses on banana island, buy jets, build universities and live the life and they keep preaching prosperity to you. In these churches they sit by class, the rich have where they sit and have direct access to the pastor, well the poor rarely get to see the pastor only on the pulpit or the live screen, the single ladies sit differently from the married ones, read about a Nigerian comedienne that was embarrassed in her church because she wasn’t married.

Africans now practice religion more than the white man, who brought it to us, a father would send his mother, wife, or kids out of the house all because he’s been told they are witches. No war has been fought more than a war based on religion, I don’t even want to get started on the radical Muslims and how not all Muslims are terrorist but all terrorists are Muslims.

I am going to stop here for today, I think we have got this whole religion issue wrong and we should go back to our drawing board to figure out what went wrong, people go to church naked, pastors wear the latest designers, no charities in the church they all want to take and make more from their congregants, no one preaches about heaven and salvation.

Christ has died for us already and he didn’t request a dime, heaven is free and we do not need to pay to get in. Religion is overrated and we should begin to ask ourselves if Religion has done more harm than good to the human race.

ournaijablog.
Re: What Has Religion Done For/to The Human Race? Is Religion A Scam? by rudepen(m): 1:22pm On Dec 06, 2015
Religion is a way of life...I choose the one that ma soul can handle and never let false prophets trade ma faith for money...the bible is enough for me....religion is not a scam...its a choice
Re: What Has Religion Done For/to The Human Race? Is Religion A Scam? by nobilis: 1:49pm On Dec 06, 2015
I would like the ardent adherents of religion to mention, at least, 3 things that religion has done for the betterment of the human race.

Just 3.
Re: What Has Religion Done For/to The Human Race? Is Religion A Scam? by vooks: 1:54pm On Dec 06, 2015
[size=1pt]
ournaijablog:
What has religion done for the human race? How does one choose their religion? What are the criteria for being religious? I have found myself thinking about this the more I grow older and wondering if religion has done more harm than god in our society.

I was born in a Christian home so automatically I became a Christian, ‘a Catholic Christian’. Every Sunday my dad{God bless his soul} would wake us up for the 5am mass, so by 4am we were up and by 4:30am we were on our way to church by foot with our rosary and hymn book in hand, we had God on our side so we weren’t scared of the dangers of leaving home that early.
I have had so many doubts about the Christian faith, sometimes I would want to think they are hypocrites who preach love with fire and brimstone but never practice it, most of these churches never marry from other denominations saying it is against their ethics, aren’t we all serving one God? I have been told by these lots that because I do not go to church I have a special place in hell fire reserved for me ‘can’t I worship God in my abode?.

Most Christian churches are scam, they manipulate you, give you problems you do not have and extort you. Few weeks back I read about a pastor who was caught in porthacourt for fake arranged miracles, how low can one go to dupe others who have sincere problems, the reason I stopped going to church was I no more understood what they were preaching about because all I kept here was ‘PROSPERITY’ ‘MTCN’ ‘MONEYGRAM’I don’t have anyone abroad how can I be expecting mtcn and moneygram well we all know who they are referring to, and ‘VISA’. And ‘DIE DIE DIE’, most criminals come to church to give testimonies and corrupt politicians come to grease the hands of these men of God well as long as you’re rich you are righteous and holy. After all these proclamations then come the ridiculous taxation known as offering, now am not saying this is bad but it becomes dubious when you have to give about 5 different offerings and you don’t know what they are for. You hear the pastor say things like do not embarrass God with your offering, give him something that will move him, don’t give God 100 or 200 naira, my God is not a 20 naira God neither is h a 50 naira God, move the lord I say move him; damn how will my offering move God when I don’t even have in the first place.

An old friend of mine told me about a particular church she and her mother went to in search of miracles, this church is along badagry expressway “Barracks’” precisely and the owner of this church all his family members are pastorpreneurs, well you might know this church or not I do not care but the extortion going on in most of this churches are ludicrous. This pastor had poured anointing oil on the ground and said “those who want to give the lord 500,000 should come out they would be the first to touch this miracle oil and their blessings will surpass others” well you should see the crowd that came out, this pastor went on till he got to 200 naira, my friend and her mother rushed out to go drop their money and touch the already finished oil, well, their life is still the same or maybe their money wasn’t enough for God.

Congregants are coerced to give all they have to their pastors, I know they would say they do it willing but they do not know about the power of manipulation, they give out their houses, cars, and most times their ATM all in the name of pleasing the man of God, and then these men of God buy houses on banana island, buy jets, build universities and live the life and they keep preaching prosperity to you. In these churches they sit by class, the rich have where they sit and have direct access to the pastor, well the poor rarely get to see the pastor only on the pulpit or the live screen, the single ladies sit differently from the married ones, read about a Nigerian comedienne that was embarrassed in her church because she wasn’t married.

Africans now practice religion more than the white man, who brought it to us, a father would send his mother, wife, or kids out of the house all because he’s been told they are witches. No war has been fought more than a war based on religion, I don’t even want to get started on the radical Muslims and how not all Muslims are terrorist but all terrorists are Muslims.

I am going to stop here for today, I think we have got this whole religion issue wrong and we should go back to our drawing board to figure out what went wrong, people go to church naked, pastors wear the latest designers, no charities in the church they all want to take and make more from their congregants, no one preaches about heaven and salvation.

Christ has died for us already and he didn’t request a dime, heaven is free and we do not need to pay to get in. Religion is overrated and we should begin to ask ourselves if Religion has done more harm than good to the human race.

ournaijablog.

[/size]
Am interested in 3 things you have done for betterment of humanity.
Re: What Has Religion Done For/to The Human Race? Is Religion A Scam? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 1:58pm On Dec 06, 2015
[size=1pt]
ournaijablog:

ournaijablog.

[/size]

Christianity is not a religion .
Re: What Has Religion Done For/to The Human Race? Is Religion A Scam? by ournaijablog(f): 3:24pm On Dec 06, 2015
rudepen:
Religion is a way of life...I choose the one that ma soul can handle and never let false prophets trade ma faith for money...the bible is enough for me....religion is not a scam...its a choice

i do not think religion is a choice ur a christian becos u were born in a christian home if u decide to change ur religion tomorow or become an atheist how do u think ur parents will feel.?
Re: What Has Religion Done For/to The Human Race? Is Religion A Scam? by rudepen(m): 3:28pm On Dec 07, 2015
ournaijablog:

i do not think religion is a choice ur a christian becos u were born in a christian home if u decide to change ur religion tomorow or become an atheist how do u think ur parents will feel.?
na na na... Thats wrong.. Im a christian because i decided to still goto church after i was 18...after i left the premises of my parents.... religion is ruled by faith in whateva it is u believe in... The bible is jus a book with chapters n verses... Iono if ever any of those things written there did happen at all.. I just put my faith in it.. Cuz i believe in after life... So dear just put ur faith in whateva it is u believe in.... Its better than being an atheist... Ur standing in between walls.. Nd wen that wall collapses.. U know wat happens i suppose
Re: What Has Religion Done For/to The Human Race? Is Religion A Scam? by Nobody: 3:37pm On Dec 07, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:
[size=1pt][/size]

Christianity is not a religion .
lol. No matter how much you repeat this, it doesn't change the fact that Christianity is a religion.

(1) (Reply)

MEET LUCIFER: A Re-examination Of Our Concept Of Satan / Open Heaven Devotional (fri 01/01/2016) / The Symbolic Seizure Of Babylonian Warships By Persian Forces: Interpretation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.