Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,524 members, 7,837,005 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:41 PM

University Of Ibadan 2016/2017 Direct Entry Thread - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University Of Ibadan 2016/2017 Direct Entry Thread (110181 Views)

The Polytechnic, Ibadan 2016/2017 Admission Processes / Lautech 2016/2017 Direct Entry Thread / 2016/2017 University of Ibadan Admission Thread Guide. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (36) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: University Of Ibadan 2016/2017 Direct Entry Thread by Ramwab94(m): 6:16pm On Mar 18, 2016
[quote author=LeMubs post=43890086][/quote] Damsel, I'm so sorry. I was extremely busy. Would soon send you my opinion on the 2nd episode of your Web Series. Pls bear with me. Missed you though.
Re: University Of Ibadan 2016/2017 Direct Entry Thread by Megaekevisky: 9:34pm On Mar 18, 2016
Ramwab94:
"Candidates must have at least 5 Credits in O'level at a sitting or 6 Credits in two sittings except otherwise for Medicine and Surgery..." that's what goes in the brochure. You're good to go..
thanks boss
but am having physics D7, hope it won't hinder my admission??
Re: University Of Ibadan 2016/2017 Direct Entry Thread by Megaekevisky: 9:35pm On Mar 18, 2016
[quote author=LeMubs post=43890086][/quote]
08161113741... Nice meeting u sir!
Re: University Of Ibadan 2016/2017 Direct Entry Thread by Ramwab94(m): 11:19pm On Mar 18, 2016
Megaekevisky:

thanks boss
but am having physics D7, hope it won't hinder my admission??
Does that mean you have D7 in Physics in both O'level sittings?
Re: University Of Ibadan 2016/2017 Direct Entry Thread by Megaekevisky: 11:37pm On Mar 18, 2016
Ramwab94:
Does that mean you have D7 in Physics in both O'level sittings?
i have maths, eng, biology, chem, geography. Agric, yoruba, economics, except physics D7 can I still apply?
Re: University Of Ibadan 2016/2017 Direct Entry Thread by Ramwab94(m): 11:42pm On Mar 18, 2016
Megaekevisky:

i have maths, eng, biology, chem, geography. Agric, yoruba, economics, except physics D7 can I still apply?
Do you have D7 in the second sitting too? Or of what essence is the two(2) sitting now?
Re: University Of Ibadan 2016/2017 Direct Entry Thread by Megaekevisky: 11:56pm On Mar 18, 2016
Ramwab94:
Do you have D7 in the second sitting too? Or of what essence is the two(2) sitting now?
d first sitting i had E8 in both chem and physics while in d second sitting i made my chem and having physics as D7... Am applying for STATISTICS bro.
Re: University Of Ibadan 2016/2017 Direct Entry Thread by Ramwab94(m): 12:07am On Mar 19, 2016
Megaekevisky:

d first sitting i had E8 in both chem and physics while in d second sitting i made my chem and having physics as D7... Am applying for STATISTICS bro.
I don't really think Physics is a sancrosant requirement for Maths and Stats. Since it ain't Applied Science or Engineerin. I'd gladly refer you to:
cc: alaoabiodun and dearpiriye to help out.
Re: University Of Ibadan 2016/2017 Direct Entry Thread by Megaekevisky: 8:15am On Mar 19, 2016
Ramwab94:
I don't really think Physics is a sancrosant requirement for Maths and Stats. Since it ain't Applied Science or Engineerin. I'd gladly refer you to:
cc: alaoabiodun and dearpiriye to help out.
am waiting for your advice please. Thnx in anticipation.
Re: University Of Ibadan 2016/2017 Direct Entry Thread by Ebenadak(m): 9:33am On Mar 19, 2016
Please! I don't knw if u.I still organiz post utme for d.e candidate?
Re: University Of Ibadan 2016/2017 Direct Entry Thread by dearpiriye: 9:54am On Mar 19, 2016
Ebenadak:
Please! I don't knw if u.I still organiz post utme for d.e candidate?
ui doesnt set exams for de

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan 2016/2017 Direct Entry Thread by dearpiriye: 9:59am On Mar 19, 2016
Megaekevisky:

am waiting for your advice please. Thnx in anticipation.
english, maths and any other 3 from biology, physics, chem,geography or fmaths. Econs will be taken as d 6th subject. Thats for stat. #thumbsup Ramwab94...good job. Are u on d watsapp grp?
Re: University Of Ibadan 2016/2017 Direct Entry Thread by dearpiriye: 10:08am On Mar 19, 2016
blessyndbest:
I have distinction in my National diploma in animal health and production technology from the OYO state college of agriculture and technology. and I wanna do my direct entry to Veterinary medicine in UI. but my problem is that I am having a 2sitting neco result. Can I proceed applying for the...
2 sitting affects only college of medicine and pharmacy
Re: University Of Ibadan 2016/2017 Direct Entry Thread by Ramwab94(m): 11:24am On Mar 19, 2016
dearpiriye:
english, maths and any other 3 from biology, physics, chem,geography or fmaths. Econs will be taken as d 6th subject. Thats for stat. #thumbsup Ramwab94...good job. Are u on d watsapp grp?
I'm loyal o. I ain't on the Whatsapp group cos I have a little prob with the upgradin of the app on my phone. However, as soon as I rectify the hiatus, I'd join the convo. Which Hall were you allocated sef, Idia or Queen? And are you well aware of the lingerin SUG vice presidency candidacy issue between Ibitowa Amanat, Aderoju and Gift?
Re: University Of Ibadan 2016/2017 Direct Entry Thread by Megaekevisky: 12:52pm On Mar 19, 2016
dearpiriye:
Thanks Dearpiriye . I have all d neccessary requirements.
My whatsapp is currently not available, i would have been active on d group. THANKS ALOT Ramwab94

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan 2016/2017 Direct Entry Thread by dearpiriye: 5:15pm On Mar 19, 2016
Ramwab94:
I'm loyal o. I ain't on the Whatsapp group cos I have a little prob with the upgradin of the app on my phone. However, as soon as I rectify the hiatus, I'd join the convo. Which Hall were you allocated sef, Idia or Queen? And are you well aware of the lingerin SUG vice presidency candidacy issue between Ibitowa Amanat, Aderoju and Gift?
GREAT AWOITE OF THE GREATEST OBAFEMI AWOLOWO HALL. Fact is i couldnt care less....i didnt even vote in my hall elections. May the best candidate win sha.

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan 2016/2017 Direct Entry Thread by dearpiriye: 5:16pm On Mar 19, 2016
Megaekevisky:

Thanks Dearpiriye . I have all d neccessary requirements.
My whatsapp is currently not available, i would have been active on d group. THANKS ALOT Ramwab94
good to know
Re: University Of Ibadan 2016/2017 Direct Entry Thread by Ramwab94(m): 5:59pm On Mar 19, 2016
dearpiriye:
GREAT AWOITE OF THE GREATEST OBAFEMI AWOLOWO HALL. Fact is i couldnt care less....i didnt even vote in my hall elections. May the best candidate win sha.
All the best o. And when are First Semester Tests and Exams scheduled to commence? April, May or June?
Re: University Of Ibadan 2016/2017 Direct Entry Thread by rectorvg(m): 6:25pm On Mar 19, 2016
pls help me on dis.I made upper credit at poly Ibadan dept of geology. my u.c is low anyway and am using 2 sittings including 2 Bs and d rest 4 ar cs.pls wat are my chances and how will I go abt it?
Re: University Of Ibadan 2016/2017 Direct Entry Thread by Ramwab94(m): 9:08pm On Mar 19, 2016
rectorvg:
pls help me on dis.I made upper credit at poly Ibadan dept of geology. my u.c is low anyway and am using 2 sittings including 2 Bs and d rest 4 ar cs.pls wat are my chances and how will I go abt it?
No one knows anyone's chances. But all we know is that your grade IS should be very much taken cognizance of. UPPER CREDIT is the minimum requirement of UI, hence you're qualified. Your 2sittings O'level results isn't a problem either. When the DE form is out, obtain it and do online registration with biometrics inclusive. After that, send your DE slip printout, Olevel results, passport photographs and if possible your Statement of Result for your final semester to Jamb Office. Then go and apply for Transcript in your school, Ibadan Poly. Then pray fervently.
PS: Ensure you do the followup after applying for your transcript. Then Goto UI Admission Office to confirm the receipent and you will be given a form to register/fill. UI will sell DE Screening form after their Post Utme, you'll obtain that too. Those are the little info you need to be abreast of right now. You'll be informed of others you so needed lateron on this thread as the DE proceedings continue.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: University Of Ibadan 2016/2017 Direct Entry Thread by rectorvg(m): 9:55pm On Mar 19, 2016
rectorvg:
rectorvg:
tank for d help rendered
Re: University Of Ibadan 2016/2017 Direct Entry Thread by Wuminity(f): 10:08pm On Mar 19, 2016
fellow niralanders can someone who is about to complete her ND dis year, also apply for DE dis year.... will UI accept dis?
Re: University Of Ibadan 2016/2017 Direct Entry Thread by dearpiriye: 5:42am On Mar 20, 2016
Ramwab94:
All the best o. And when are First Semester Tests and Exams scheduled to commence? April, May or June?
i think may

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan 2016/2017 Direct Entry Thread by dearpiriye: 5:43am On Mar 20, 2016
Wuminity:
fellow niralanders can someone who is about to complete her ND dis year, also apply for DE dis year.... will UI accept dis?
its better u relax till next yr. U might not be able to meetup. But if ur sure ur poly wnt delay u go ahead

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan 2016/2017 Direct Entry Thread by Ramwab94(m): 10:02am On Mar 20, 2016
dearpiriye:
its better u relax till next yr. U might not be able to meetup. But if ur sure ur poly wnt delay u go ahead
I Don't think she won't be delayed. I think I overheard her say in one Lautech thread that she'd be done by August.
Re: University Of Ibadan 2016/2017 Direct Entry Thread by Ramwab94(m): 10:18am On Mar 20, 2016
Wuminity:
You'd be done by August, agreed. But analytically, if you're done and dusted by then (...and that's even if you ain't bein delayed by your project), you still would be forced to await the marking of script and release of results; this nonetheless would gulp about two months ...and mathematically, August +2months =October! It would only result in the ff:
1) your transcript would be late (that's even if the submission date is not yet lapsed)
2) you wouldn't be availed the opportunity of getting screened (even if you purchase the UI DE Screening form)
3) you would be wasting application fee. (remember dollar don rise).
Wuminity, to the best of my understandin and exposure, I'd advice you do just as dearpiriye had advised --let your mind be settled by postponing the Direct Entry thing till next year as this time, you'd 'farabale' do every single processin.
I leave you in peace..

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan 2016/2017 Direct Entry Thread by alaoabiodun(m): 10:41am On Mar 20, 2016
To know the proper requirements for the UI direct entry process, Your O'level & subject combinations check here ---> http://www.ui.edu.ng/New-Regulations-and-JAMB-Revised-requirement
Re: University Of Ibadan 2016/2017 Direct Entry Thread by Dayo4real12: 1:01pm On Mar 20, 2016
I want to know, if UI dey accept Private Poly Result with Upper Credit.
Re: University Of Ibadan 2016/2017 Direct Entry Thread by dearpiriye: 1:56pm On Mar 20, 2016
Dayo4real12:
I want to know, if UI dey accept Private Poly Result with Upper
Credit.
yes they do. What dept btw?
Re: University Of Ibadan 2016/2017 Direct Entry Thread by dearpiriye: 2:06pm On Mar 20, 2016
Ramwab94:
You'd be done by August, agreed. But analytically, if you're done and dusted by then (...and that's even if you ain't bein delayed by your project), you still would be forced to await the marking of script and release of results; this nonetheless would gulp about two months ...and mathematically, August +2months =October! It would only result in the ff:
1) your transcript would be late (that's even if the submission date is not yet lapsed)
2) you wouldn't be availed the opportunity of getting screened (even if you purchase the UI DE Screening form)
Wuminity, to the best of my understandin and exposure, I'd advice you do just as dearpiriye had advised --let your mind be settled by postponing the Direct Entry thing till next year as this time, you'd 'farabale' do every single processin.
I leave you in peace..
oshe ooo!!!.....spot on. Just relax till next yr

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan 2016/2017 Direct Entry Thread by Wuminity(f): 2:40pm On Mar 20, 2016
Ramwab94:
I Don't think she won't be delayed. I think I overheard her say in one Lautech thread that she'd be done by August.
not lautech thread, its general DE thread for 2016/2017.
Re: University Of Ibadan 2016/2017 Direct Entry Thread by Wuminity(f): 2:42pm On Mar 20, 2016
Ramwab94:
I leave you in peace..
alright, tnx.
i heard all u said but, i will stil b hopeful if poly ibadan would not delay me. i appreciate.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (36) (Reply)

English Home Lesson Teacher Caught Stealing In Employer's House / Meet Mohammed Akanbi, KWASU VC: The Youngest Vice Chancellor In Nigeria / My Sister's Dilemma On Secondary School Sex Immoralities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.