Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,234 members, 7,825,904 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 05:48 AM

Adoption - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Adoption (745 Views)

Baby Girl For Adoption / T / Adoption From Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Adoption by tyty2006(f): 12:53am On Jun 01, 2009
Please can you all render your sensible advice on lagally adopting a child in Nigeria. My husband and I are blessed with 3 children aged 25, 22 and 19+, the first child is married hence she has left home, my second(SON) is leaving for University this Sept and that leaves my last born will soon follows. I (not so long ago) miscarried twins pregnancy, I then decided no more pregnancies!!!!
I feel really blessed, priveledged and still have lots of love in my heart to give to a child and hopefully bring the child up as my with every hope he/ she will turn out to be a responsible adult.

I am a Nigerian citizen first and British citizen second. Currently living in the UK and has done so for 28yrs, I use to visit Nigeria twice yearly before but it kind of reduced a bit now, so I haven't got a clue where to begin.

thanks
Re: Adoption by Arlington(f): 1:29pm On Jun 03, 2009
Hi i saw this link http://library.adoption.com/articles/international-adoption-nigeria.html
I think it might give you a little insight about how you can go about it or you can ask someone in Lagos to go to the motherless baby home in palmgroove, i think it is called save a soul motherless baby home.i cant remember it would be easy since you are a Nigerian and they will love to give the children out for adoption to someone who can care for them because as you know we are not really into the practice of adoption yet. So i wish you God's speed on your journey.
Re: Adoption by ifyalways(f): 9:50am On Jun 04, 2009
Go to the lagos state welfare service,i think they have an office @Alakara Mushin undecided.They wud give u series of forms to fill out,lots of questions and tests ranging from ur mental state,financial and health status etc and if u are successful,u wud be given a list of Orphanages with available babies to pick from.When u decide on an Orphanage,u wud be required to go there and sort out other things with the Orphanage.I wud however,reccommend Strong Tower Mission/Little saints Orphanage,Palmgroove.

(1) (Reply)

Burst Married Or Single / Guest Dies, Some Are Seriously Ill After A Wedding Feast / Why Are There So Many Unfair Standards Against Girls And Women?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.